• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wonder though if Sakurai is no longer in charge of Smash, would third parties still trust the team with their licenses? Or would a new director have to deal with the same stuff that the devs of PlayStation All-Stars did, with third parties making dumb, marketing-oriented demands or outright refusing? After all it seems that Sakurai's many connections and great handling of most characters is what has made licensing so easy for Smash.
PSABR was a small studio with no big games at all, I'd imagine that keeping the rest of the team and someone who has Sakurai's blessing wouldn't harm negotiations much, if at all

EDIT: Man I meant to type names instead of games, even the typos about PSABR are depressing

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not sure that's a good example because Kirby fans know about Kumazaki.
I think that's a great example since he's the director and not the face. Does he ever show up in Directs to talk about Kirby? Does he have his own showcase for Kirby games? Usually narrator man handles those duties. Now Kirby is positioned without a face, but someone will always have to take up the mantle of director if the series is to continue.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, I think the worrying bit about a new director taking over Sakurai's spot isn't so much on whether they can do Smash or not. It's more of how some of the big people will think of them. Sakurai isn't just Smash's director, he's a developer with alot of knowledge and history with games and has contact and history with some of the industry's biggest people.
Depending on who the new director is, it's quite possible that they will have a lot of hurdles to go over with getting some of the big 3rd Parties compared to how many Sakurai went over. Sure, Sakurai did have his own hurdles to really push over as he really worked to get "Everyone is Here." Yet he still probably had it easier than if Ultimate had a new director.
Best case scenario, Sakurai may know about this and he is working on finding someone who he can help/teach/etc and give his blessings, making that director's job less stressful if the other big names know that director has Sakurai's blessings. But that's only assuming the best case scenario. The worst cases can be plenty of things, like Sakurai not getting a chance to train a successor due to overwork, Nintendo choosing someone over Sakurai's wishes, etc.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think that's a great example since he's the director and not the face. Does he ever show up in Directs to talk about Kirby? Does he have his own showcase for Kirby games? Usually narrator man handles those duties. Now Kirby is positioned without a face, but someone will always have to take up the mantle of director if the series is to continue.
Kind of, the Kirby series under him is big on fan interaction with constant interviews and lots of social media posts so I think it's fair to call him a "face". I'll grant you that it's not the same as showing up in Directs like a Koizumi or a Fujibayashi but that's more because the nature of Kirby as a second-party kid-oriented series doesn't lend itself much to having a guy show up to speak about his game.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Man, I’m watching all of the Smash reveal trailers ever since I think we’re wrapping things up on Tuesday. Ultimate’s trailers are so much better than 4’s.

4’s trailers were basically just “Yeah it’s this character” almost immediately. Ultimate has more suspense while having some references for big fans of the character. I like that so much more.

I’m gonna miss getting new Smash reveals a lot, but all good things must come to an end… until the next Nintendo console lmao

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
POSSIBLE LEAK
looks kinda fake to me esp since this is oh so conveniently a stage without shadows but… thoughts?
LMFAO. I remember that leak. That one is an old one. And if I remember, I think Nanobuds made it afaik.

So yeah. That one is old and confirmed fake :p

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I think I'm gonna check out, with the threat of everything leaking today or tomorrow I think it's better to be safe than sorry
What time of the day does Nintendo's E3 start before I go?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It just means they'll want someone they trust to replace Sakurai, obviously Nintendo wouldn't just grab some random employee to replace him
i think i'm the best choice to direct smash 6. here's why.

• i'll add my most wanted characters. other potential directors have a signicant problem in that they don't cater exclusively to my whims. with me at the helm, that problem is alleviated.
  • i'm a master coder, i recreated the chrome dinosaur game in javascript.
  • i'll be really passionate about completing the game for like a week, then my intrests will stray into something else and it will sit on the backburner for a few months until the cycle repeats.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So we were talking about it it in discord earlier, but the TMNT info that Papagenos got seems to be real based on the Ubisoft presentation today, which directly deconfirms Rayman and indirectly kills off all of Ubisoft all together if true. My apologies if it's already been discussed. Info is at the very start.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Double post
I'm honestly starting to think that the next 2 will be Sol Badguy and Waluigi now that Ryu and Rayman might be out of the picture.

Why? Because we get a character from a new company or a retro character pretty frequently, Ryu and Rayman are both from new companies and they're both retro characters. Sol Badguy is also a retro character from a new company and his series got a new game recently. The fighting character can't be Scorpion or anyone from Killer Insict because that's too violent, it can't be Heihachi either.

Of course, us getting a retro/fighting character each pass is just a pattern, so it could very easily not hold up this time, but I feel like we're in for one since we already have 2 JRPG characters, which we had last pass, but we don't have a fighting game character unless you count Min Min which I personally wouldn't.

Waluigi I feel like is pretty self explanatory, Nintendo would want to capitalize on the memes/popularity from including him. Whether you like him or not, it would be a lot of publicity for the game and I feel like Nintendo would want to go for that. It could potentially have a greater reaction than Steve.

Of course we got a platforming character last pass, so we could get another this pass, but I don't feel like it will happen since Banjo and Kazooie basically only got in because of Microsoft and we got Steve this pass. I feel like Activision might be a bit hard to negotiate with and Rayman is out of the picture.

For this to be real, someone would have to willingly play in 75m. Totally fake.
Chief's model looks a bit off. Also the picture isn't focusing on the whole screen. It's fake.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Don't buy picture leaks/10.
Especially now. E3 is digital this year, so it's not like someone walked past a monitor on the show floor.

If something leaks, it'll be the trailer or nothing.

Even though I find it unlikely that they'll do it, I'd really like a redux of this trailer once every fighter has been revealed.
All I want is for them to make number vids for all the DLC characters...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom