• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You're anticipating for Nintendo news (Or bandai namco news) and that in turn is making the time relative to your patience longer.
Well, I'm also curious to see Xbox, Square and Capcom, but yeah, Nintendo and Namco Bandai are the bigger ones, Nintendo in general and Namco Bandai for hopefully more news on Elden Ring.
So what Mii Costumes do you think we’ll see?
Bring us the Shovel Knight outfit! And a Wonder Red outfit too.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It was a mistake:

Edit: I didn't see the other posts so I'll remove the tweet.

So Richter is just a descendant of Trevor like in the games. Otherwise, well... There's like a 300 year different between them lol

Not surprised they skipped Simon, Christopher and Juste. Plot wise Simon's games do not have much material to work with, tho I guess they could always have been creative with it, because the story they have been telling so far definitely takes some liberties. The canon of the series is also different, it doesn't match with the canon of the games.

Going with Richter was what I expected. Not only he's popular but you have Maria and Alucard around, who has become a fan favorite for the viewers that have not played the games, so there is more potential there.
Also Shaft, and of course, Dracula. I guess they will blend Rondo and SotN events in some way.

After this, if they keep doing more Castlevania, I expect (and hope) for them to go with the Sorrow games with Soma, Julius, Yoko and Arikado. Maybe they could even tell the events of 1999 at the beginning, and then jump into Aria of Sorrow's plot? That would be amazing lol
100% they're doing Aria of Sorrow. It's easily the best suited plot for a TV show and it has tons of fan favorites, they'd be crazy to skip it. My hope is that we actually get a game about the events of '99 before it happens though, it'd be a shame if the TV guys got to tell the story before Igarashi.

Now what would be really cool is an Order of Ecclesia show
I mean, yeah, but Castlevania 3 at least has a supporting cast. Alucard, Sypha, Grant (who didn't make it to the show). The most interesting thing Simon's games have is when he is cursed and has to resurrect Dracula to kill him again so he can lift his curse.
I think Simon story works best for an animated movie or something like that. But who knows maybe they will come back to Simon's era in the future.
Honestly I think Simon's curse on its own is interesting enough to carry at least a season. After that they can keep the show going with original characters and plotlines like the original show post-Season 2.

Pillow

Smash Lord
So what Mii Costumes do you think we’ll see?
Not expecting all of this but here are some I'd like to see (if they can't make it as characters)

Sword: Knight (Hollow Knight), Shovel Knight, Dragonborn, Jacket (Hotline Miami), Overcooked Chef
Gunner: Quote, The Kid (Bastion), Rabbid, Arle Nadje, Bubble Bobble Dragon
Brawler: Celeste, Isaac (TBOI), Ori, Agumon, Jibanyan, Shantae, Monkey (Super Monkey Ball), Prince (Katamari), Kunio

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh! Zagreus from Hades could make a good Mii Swordfighter

how did I forget him

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing that Sega was gonna be at E3 but noticed they don't have their own showcase. Does that mean they just have announcements in other showcases? I just want all the past Super Monkey Ball rumors to be true

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I remember seeing that Sega was gonna be at E3 but noticed they don't have their own showcase. Does that mean they just have announcements in other showcases? I just want all the past Super Monkey Ball rumors to be true
Yeah looks like that'll be the case. E3 has really hyped Sega's presence so I expect they'll show up multiple times, probably at Nintendo and Xbox's presentations.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Pillow

Smash Lord
Which one? Aiai, Meemee, Baby, or Gongon?
Any or all!

Wasn't it misinformation because the E3 site wasn't updated from the cancelled previous year?

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Yeah looks like that'll be the case. E3 has really hyped Sega's presence so I expect they'll show up multiple times, probably at Nintendo and Xbox's presentations.
I hope that Monkey Ball shows up in E3. Anyway, any hopes for mintendo's e3? You can add the others' e3s too.

Twilord

Smash Ace
So apparently Digimon recently added a 15 year old, VERY KIRBY LIKE, Digimon to the Digimon Reference Book; as in, they did that on Monday.

Seems it also appeared in the anime; and they've previously seemingly worked together with Toei on air-dates to the point they could use the show to reveal Digimon they wanted to make into cards for their new card game. (Specifically a Level 6 for the famous Devimon line, which they badly needed if they wanted to make it a full archetype.)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I hope that Monkey Ball shows up in E3. Anyway, any hopes for mintendo's e3? You can add the others' e3s too.
Nintendo E3 Hopes
  • Smash Ultimate Final Video Presentation with a Final Battle themed trailer (Ahri & Octoling)
  • XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X DEFINITIVE EDITION
  • Codename STEAM Port? With support for Roy, Chrom, Corrin and Byleth added… maybe Alm & Celica too cuz it’s Amiibo based
  • Monolith’s new IP
  • The glorious return of F-Zero. Hey, I can dream
  • Super Switch. Yes I know they said only software but didn’t PlayStation and/or Xbox pull something similar?
- teaser of the next Smash which will be an Ultimate sequel?

Square Enix:

• not asking for much. Just ANYTHING Star Ocean related
  • also pls port Chrono Cross hot take I like it more than Trigger

Capcom:
  • next Phoenix Wright game, or a PLvsPW port
  • Haunting Ground port. One of my favorite survival horror games ever

Bandai Namco:
  • PROJECT. X. ZONE. 3. And/or ports of 1 & 2. Maybe start with the latter to gauge interest
  • a new My Hero Academia fighter made by ArcSys
- Xenosaga HD Trilogy?

Sega:
  • Persona 3 Definitive Edition (combines the female route and QoL changes of Portable with The Answer from FES)
  • Trauma Center/Team ports to Switch and PC

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
Prediction: The final two characters will be in the same reveal trailer.
The only trailers that revealed more than one character, they were echoes or veterans (Pittoo, Lucina, Cap. Falcon, Richter, and Ken) or were the reveal trailers for the entire games

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Nintendo got so sick of the community's bull**** they disabled commments. No joke, I want them to keep it that way for a while (especially after the next fighter is revealed)
They seem to do it for specific games rather than catch all, DC Superhero Girls had all the Youtube comments disabled too while videos for other games still had comments enabled.

On twitter they just tweeted another Mario Golf trailer with comments enabled as well.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I just want to see Splatoon 3 and Zelda. The inevitable Smash reveal is a certified cool gamer moment as well. Pokémon would also be nice to see. I'd also say I hope for Metroid but HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There are several SE leaks that sound hype if they're real.

Microsoft always has cool stuff to show, especially from a tech perspective which I'm always interested in.

Namco will be cool. Some juicy rumors from them too.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
100% they're doing Aria of Sorrow. It's easily the best suited plot for a TV show and it has tons of fan favorites, they'd be crazy to skip it. My hope is that we actually get a game about the events of '99 before it happens though, it'd be a shame if the TV guys got to tell the story before Igarashi.

Now what would be really cool is an Order of Ecclesia show

Honestly I think Simon's curse on its own is interesting enough to carry at least a season. After that they can keep the show going with original characters and plotlines like the original show post-Season 2.
Yeah I feel the Sorrow games are very attractive for a TV show, and as you said, it has a very cool cast and interesting plot beats.

It's also cool because (spoilers of Castlevania season 4)

The show's Dracula is quite different from the games, with a lot more of character development. Seeing Soma, his reincarnation, would be even more interesting considering Dracula's arc so far.

About 1999 yeah, that would be the ideal scenario. Iga has said multiple times he would like to tell that story if Konami asks him to do a new Castlevania, so there's hope.
I wouldn't expect the show to tell us the whole 1999 war with details, at best we would get some flashbacks.

Or maybe they could have Iga as supervisor if they decide to explain the events of 1999 in depth. Though I guess Konami would have to agree to that.

This means THAT SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT MAY BE AN ANIME WHICH MEANS MORE ALUCAAAAAAAAARD
I'm pretty sure this new thing will blend Rondo's and Symphony's events. Like, I doubt we will see Maria as a child fighting vampires with the help of kittens and other animals lmao
My only concern is (again, spoilers for Castlevania season 4)

Dracula got a very happy ending at the end. Which is fine IMO if they decided to finish the whole Castlevania thing there. But with the news about a sequel, which was already confirmed... Unless they use another big bad or use Death/Shaft to force Dracula to be bad again, it doesn't make much sense. I guess they will have good ideas, but I think it would be wrong to not have Richter fighting Dracula. At the same time, for Drac to be bad again they will need some justification.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah I feel the Sorrow games are very attractive for a TV show, and as you said, it has a very cool cast and interesting plot beats.

The show's Dracula is quite different from the games, with a lot more of character development. Seeing Soma, his reincarnation, would be even more interesting considering Dracula's arc so far.

About 1999 yeah, that would be the ideal scenario. Iga has said multiple times he would like to tell that story if Konami asks him to do a new Castlevania, so there's hope.
I wouldn't expect the show to tell us the whole 1999 war with details, at best we would get some flashbacks.

Or maybe they could have Iga as supervisor if they decide to explain the events of 1999 in depth. Though I guess Konami would have to agree to that.

I'm pretty sure this new thing will blend Rondo's and Symphony's events. Like, I doubt we will see Maria as a child fighting vampires with the help of kittens and other animals lmao

Dracula got a very happy ending at the end. Which is fine IMO if they decided to finish the whole Castlevania thing there. But with the news about a sequel, which was already confirmed... Unless they use another big bad or use Death/Shaft to force Dracula to be bad again, it doesn't make much sense. I guess they will have good ideas, but I think it would be wrong to not have Richter fighting Dracula. At the same time, for Drac to be bad again they will need some justification.
Remember

"It was not by MY hand that I was once again given flesh!"

:4pacman:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think it'd be best to introduce a different big bad; like, I don't know, maybe Satan?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

I mean, if you look at his Judgment ending dialogue and his Dracula X/Symphony dialogue, his antagonistic role is more because of humanity rather than him.

His spirit is reborn in our world time and time again, not by his own will, but in answer to man's wicked call.

And considering how much Shaft is a big part of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night, to reviving Dracula twice to possessing Richter, Shaft as the main antagonist would make sense.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I mean, if you look at his Judgment ending dialogue and his Dracula X/Symphony dialogue, his antagonistic role is more because of humanity rather than him.

His spirit is reborn in our world time and time again, not by his own will, but in answer to man's wicked call.

And considering how much Shaft is a big part of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night, to reviving Dracula twice to possessing Richter, Shaft as the main antagonist would make sense.
"Judgment?" That reminds me: What if Aeon were to become the new main antagonist?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Having Iga as a consultant would be great, hopefully that's what they'd do as Castlevania '99 is kind of the Holy Grail of the fandom. Though I won't lie, seeing Konami do weird stuff like that new GetsuFumaDen gives me hope that they could just license out Castlevania to his team just for that one game.

Totally agree that the new interpretation makes me even more hyped to see their take on Soma, that's gonna be something to behold.

And yeah, some of the Season 4 developments were pretty strange in the context of a wider franchise. Like, I thought the whole point of Alucard's S3 arc was to explain why he wasn't in the other stories until SotN, but then they had him become a hero again. And like you mention Dracula's pretty chill now, so I'm looking forward to what they come up to make him a villain again.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You know... seeing Masaaki Iwane (one of the Pokemon animator dudes) bring up Wes/Leo from Pokemon Colosseum and do illustrations of him really makes me wish more "less front and center" characters in games would make a comeback.

Like, my dude! I would LOVE if Smash DLC was like "And suddenly for no reason, Pokemon Colosseum is the next DLC! Say hello to "Shadow Pokemon"

EDIT SO AS TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING

UH OHHHHHHHHHHHHH HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

doki-doki-literature-club-plus-656x369.jpg

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
You know... seeing Masaaki Iwane (one of the Pokemon animator dudes) bring up Wes/Leo from Pokemon Colosseum and do illustrations of him really makes me wish more "less front and center" characters in games would make a comeback.

Like, my dude! I would LOVE if Smash DLC was like "And suddenly for no reason, Pokemon Colosseum is the next DLC! Say hello to "Shadow Pokemon"

EDIT SO AS TO AVOID DOUBLE POSTING

UH OHHHHHHHHHHHHH HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

View attachment 318681
Yeah, Monika would be a great character for an "equilibrium" trailer against Galeem and Dharkon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom