• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Although I’m a little disappointed in no Simon anime, it is an understandable decision.

Unlike Trevor and Richter, Simon doesn’t really have a potential supporting cast to lean on as far as I’m aware.

That and Richter setting up Symphony of the night makes it a justified decision in my eyes.

I hope this means they’re just jumping forward in the timeline, and not making Richter Trevor’s son or something.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yep.
Not adding it as an alt for Richter is the second biggest crime Sakurai has comitted with Ultimate.

The first one is not giving Terry his Garou costume, of course.
I thought the first was not giving Simon his Ayami Kojima look.

But still, another missed opportunity for no DLC Alternate Costumes for characters.
There are iconic characters like Jim Raynor, Zeratul, or Sarah Kerrigan/Queen of Blades that could fit in a Smash like setting.
I can see either Queen of Blades or a Protoss character, like Zeratul or Artanis(the first Main Commander character to become their own character). I know Jim Raynor is important too, but I see more moveset potential and uniqueness with a Zerg or Protoss character.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Kinda random but (Castlevania season 4 spoilers):

YESSSSSS they better go with long hair Richter
Goddamnit, Richter is not Trevor and Sypha's kid! He lived 300 years after them!

This is Simon erasure and I won't stand for it!

Hayabusa uses fire skills? This is news to me
Yes, he has his Fire Wheel subweapon in the NES games. And it's a ninja art in the modern games.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Goddamnit, Richter is not Trevor and Sypha's kid! He lived 300 years after them!

It says it takes place during the French Revolution, which started in 1789 and ended in 1799. That is during Rondo of Blood, in 1792 and Symphony of the Night, in 1797.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Although I’m a little disappointed in no Simon anime, it is an understandable decision.

Unlike Trevor and Richter, Simon doesn’t really have a potential supporting cast to lean on as far as I’m aware.

That and Richter setting up Symphony of the night makes it a justified decision in my eyes.

I hope this means they’re just jumping forward in the timeline, and not making Richter Trevor’s son or something.
The marketing guys did a goof

Seeing Simon get the glow up that Trevor and Sypha got would be nice but Richter's also the best Belmont so I don't mind.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Everyone calm down!

View attachment 318642
It's a false alarm, the headline was just a typo. Simon did very much exist and if Castlevania was able to reference Leon in the first season, I'm confident Simon will be referenced at some point.

Edit My first :ultgreninja: on SmashBoards, it's been a pleasure.
The guy has such a chin in that picture there, it's almost like The Crimson Chin

Perhaps that's the problem with why Dracula keeps coming back. They've been grabbing Belmonts to fight Dracula when what they actually need is The Crimson Chin.

"I HAVE GOATS IN MY PANTS! I EAT EVIL... FOR BREAKFAST!"

KA-CHIN!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It says it takes place during the French Revolution, which started in 1789 and ended in 1799. That is during Rondo of Blood, in 1792 and Symphony of the Night, in 1797.
Then how can he be Trevor's kid? Season 1-4 take place in the 1400s.

Edit: Nevermind. Complaint withdrawn. :p

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
So has everyone else crafted their various comments for possible outcomes at E3?

Gonna leave my pre-made remarks here ahead of time incase I forget to come back and say them...

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Huh, they're really messing with the timeline then. I guess this means no Simon?

I would've guessed they're fast-tracking Richter so they can adapt Symphony of the Night sooner, but there was that recent interview with the writer who said he doesn't see a point in adapting that game so I'm not sure.

It was a mistake:

Edit: I didn't see the other posts so I'll remove the tweet.

So Richter is just a descendant of Trevor like in the games. Otherwise, well... There's like a 300 year different between them lol

Not surprised they skipped Simon, Christopher and Juste. Plot wise Simon's games do not have much material to work with, tho I guess they could always have been creative with it, because the story they have been telling so far definitely takes some liberties. The canon of the series is also different, it doesn't match with the canon of the games.

Going with Richter was what I expected. Not only he's popular but you have Maria and Alucard around, who has become a fan favorite for the viewers that have not played the games, so there is more potential there.
Also Shaft, and of course, Dracula. I guess they will blend Rondo and SotN events in some way.

After this, if they keep doing more Castlevania, I expect (and hope) for them to go with the Sorrow games with Soma, Julius, Yoko and Arikado. Maybe they could even tell the events of 1999 at the beginning, and then jump into Aria of Sorrow's plot? That would be amazing lol

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Not as though the first series shied away from making up new characters.

Plot wise Simon's games do not have much material to work with
They have the exact same amount as Trevor's did.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Prediction: The final two characters will be in the same reveal trailer.
I think that’d only work for base, otherwise Corrin and Bayonetta would have shared a trailer in 4

unless… it’s the “final battle” vs both Galeem and Dharkon trailer we’ve been theorizing (Galeem’s was Sephiroth, Dharkon’s was Hero)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Not as though the first series shied away from making up new characters.

They have the exact same amount as Trevor's did.
I mean, yeah, but Castlevania 3 at least has a supporting cast. Alucard, Sypha, Grant (who didn't make it to the show). The most interesting thing Simon's games have is when he is cursed and has to resurrect Dracula to kill him again so he can lift his curse.
I think Simon story works best for an animated movie or something like that. But who knows maybe they will come back to Simon's era in the future.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Kinda random but (Castlevania season 4 spoilers):

YESSSSSS they better go with long hair Richter
I hope David Vincent is the VA so I can hear Robin say "****" and "****"

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
If said final two characters are INDEED Shadow and Waluigi, then yes, as much as I would LOVE a "Shadow the Hedgehog trailer" just all to himself, it would honestly make more sense to just reveal both of them if the final two are indeed "upgraded assists" like just give up the ghost and go "Yeah, they're both Assists being upgraded"

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Predictions: We will get one reveal, and they will also reveal that Challenger Pack 10’s Sakurai Presents will also reveal the Final Fighter, and end up double downing on it being the Final Presentation, just like Smash 3DS/Wii U. Also, one of the Final 2 will break Smash WIDE OPEN in a very similar way to Bayonetta back in Smash 3DS and Wii U. One more thing. I also believe that this will be One Third Party and One First Party. So yeah. Those are my predictions.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But yeah. I think the final two being revealed in a WoL Final Battle type trailer vs both Galeem and Dharkon just makes sense

don’t need a common theme when they have common enemies

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Corrin and Bayonetta are thematically incompatible.
No more so than the characters in the Brawl trailer. The bigger issue with being in the same trailer is linking two characters together is a liability in case scheduling plans change/need to be shuffled around, trouble arises between companies, or one character isn't progressing at the intended rate.

There's a reason we don't get this kind of thing for DLC characters, and even in base it's a rarity for two unrelated characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone thinking any assists will be promoted are setting themselves up for disappointment.

I only see this happening if we get an announcement of a bonus character.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I was thinking about the “SMASH BROTHERS” trademark back in 2019

even though it said something about “mobile devices” (can’t confirm atm) maybe they’re already trademarking the next game?
Perhaps. Though don't companies usually need evidence of something in Development to trademark something, and have it go through. I will say though that I do think the Next game planning might have perhaps been theorized around the time FP2 was greenlit, which is 2019

Ok so uh I found that IC glitch, it’s been in since 2020

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm confused. was the 2020 a typo? I was seeing talk of the IC Glitch, which sounds interesting, but I thought it was confirmed to have existed earlier, but this tweet from 2021

The Same Reveal trailer, I don't see that happening

What I could see is that both CP10 and CP11 are like half one extended trailer. Essentially CP10 would be part 1, while CP11 would be part 2, and that would make sense if it was WOL based (with both Galeem and Dharkon

I actually do think this could be the case for what's going to happen at E3. I really got to work on my prediction/theory

PacificFun

Smash Ace
No more so than the characters in the Brawl trailer. The bigger issue with being in the same trailer is linking two characters together is a liability in case scheduling plans change/need to be shuffled around, trouble arises between companies, or one character isn't progressing at the intended rate.

There's a reason we don't get this kind of thing for DLC characters, and even in base it's a rarity for two unrelated characters.
That was the Brawl announcement trailer though, and they were really honing in on character interaction in that game. The compatibility didn't really matter there. For DLC, I think it'd matter more.

And I know it'd be a big hurdle to jump (unless these last two peeps were being developed at the same pace). It's highly unrealistic but I thought I'd just throw it in here (I should have said "want", not a prediction tbh).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That was the Brawl announcement trailer though, and they were really honing in on character interaction in that game. The compatibility didn't really matter there. For DLC, I think it'd matter more.
But your suggestion was that they'd do it without even knowing who the characters are going to be.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know what the best part of the “Equilibrium” (vs both Galeem and Dharkon) final trailer idea is

I can fit Octoling in any version and it’ll end with Pearl from Off the Hook whipping out her Princess Cannon and BOOOOYAAAAAAAHHHHHHH-ing both cosmic beings into oblivion like the end of Octo Expansion

YES EVEN WITH THE FLUCTUATING GOOD GUYS VS BAD GUYS BAR TOO

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But also

I hope octoling is among the last two so they can play “Into The Light” during the final retrospective 🥺

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of two character reveals in one trailer, I’d love to see a Sarah Kerrigan and Bill Rizer dual reveal featuring Samus in their reveal trailer since Contra, Starcraft, and Metroid all took heavy inspiration from the Alien franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom