• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can't wait to have this movie reference in Smash
"It's time to kick BUTT and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum."
"Blow it out your BUTT"
"Eat GARBAGE and GO AWAY"
"I'll LEAVE YOUR HEAD ALONE and GO TO THE BATHROOM IN A ROOM DESIGNED TO BE ONE"

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Jrpg got trending on Twitter because some person trolled about the amount of Jrpg characters in a japanese-made game
Smash Twitter being...... Smash Twitter as usual. 🙄

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Oh god, people talk about how difficult a rep would be for LoL, but Azur Lane is even worse. There's over 450 characters in that game.
For people in the unknown, there is an entire list.
I think I have seen few of these characters in 3D model website download before but can someone explain why there isn’t any male character? Idk if that’s a weird question to ask

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Acting like platformer fans have not gotten a single character in a decade, that's a paddlin'. Acting like JRPGs and platformers are the only genres, that's a paddlin'.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yo, unrelated to the topic at hand, but a quote from Sakurai caught my interest, but I can't remember the source:

Hasn't Sakurai talked about how he likes to highlight developers in the Japanese game industry before? Especially ones not super well known outside of the country? I feel like this is something he's said before, but I wanted to fact check it. :073:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Smash Twitter being...... Smash Twitter as usual.

Why are so many of these guys fans of Seth MacFarlane? I’ve got nothing against him, I genuinely enjoy a couple of his works, but this just seems all weirdly coincidental.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I think I have seen few of these characters in 3D model website download before but can someone explain why there isn’t any male character? Idk if that’s a weird question to ask
Because they're called shipgirls... (They're moe anthropomorphism of World War II ships) though the real reason is just for waifu bait, as it's a gacha game. It's also incredibly popular in Japan and has a lot of fan-art that may or may not be Rule 34.

I don't think this is a likely candidate for Smash and I don't think anyone wants it touching Smash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why are so many of these guys fans of Seth MacFarlane? I’ve got nothing against him, I genuinely enjoy a couple of his works, but this just seems all weirdly coincidental.
"Boy, this is worse than the time Sakurai added another swordfighter to Smash!"

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
"goddamn another nobody from some anime 😡"
"haha lol nintendo fans when jrpgs amirite fellas"
"lmao guys anime swordsman bad amirite??"
"hahaha smash fans when no scrimblo bimblo"
"bro platformers haven't gotten anything in the past 27 speculation cycles smh"
"smash fans when japanese character in japanese game!!!!!!!!! funny!!!!!!!!! see, the joke is that the smash fanbase is-"
20210606_165305.jpg

CureParfait

Smash Ace

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Smash Twitter being...... Smash Twitter as usual. 🙄

These people are so fragile lmao.

I seem to remember the guy from the second tweet was a really toxic Banjo fan before he got announced, so this tweet isn’t surprising.

I never liked how people would group JRPG fans together whenever it’s convenient, as if they all had the same interests.

Imagine if we got Crash, Rayman, and Spyro but not Banjo. Do you think Banjo detractors would be telling Banjo fans “uh, excuse me, we have too many platformer characters”?

PacificFun

Smash Ace
This is one of the reasons why Smash needs a reboot to me. We've gone way too far this rabbit hole. They need to gut the entire roster and start over.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If platformer fans are starving I could give you fans of ten other genres that are god damn skeletons by now. Unbelievably frustrating that this discourse keeps popping up as it just highlights more and more how the community acts like the characters I want don’t even exist.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You know what one of my favorite genres is that has barely any representation in Smash?

Physics-based sandboxes.

We have, like… B&K’s up taunt, from the vehicle builder subgenre (which includes games like Scrap Mechanic, Trailmakers, Brick Rigs, Main Assembly, ect.)
The fact that the genre consists mainly of indie games probably doesn’t help, though. Probably the most “mainstream” physics sandbox I can think of is Garry’s Mod.

I guess the physics options of Stage Builder kind of represent the genre, but yeah…

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I hope the rumor/leak train picks up steam starting tomorrow. Last business week before, fakers gotta get their fakes in... I mean, I doubt we'll get much more out of Nintendo, but sheeeeesh has this seemed like the slowest PrE3 ever

Dukefire

Smash Master
That's the internet for ya. When one has A LOT of time, things like that are made.
Screenshot_20210603-015909_YouTube.jpg

Really, no one wins when following trends and saying their predictions are correct. Just ignore and move on, they only want attention. Again, I want Crash, Shantae and/or Rayman. The only problem is that ONLY two slots are left, so best to place your bets aside.

Who knows, maybe you will get the last laugh when they least expect it.
Screenshot_20210502-213353_YouTube.jpg

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
If platformer fans are starving I could give you fans of ten other genres that are god damn skeletons by now. Unbelievably frustrating that this discourse keeps popping up as it just highlights more and more how the community acts like the characters I want don’t even exist.
Yep. There are only 3 fighting game characters in the game if you include echoes. But platformer fans are starving. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Like, platformers have a very sizable amount of characters repping them, what's the issue exactly? That JRPGs, another really popular genre with loads of iconic and long lasting franchises, have caught up?

Every genre has a buncha cool characters to offer, shut up with the entitlement lmao

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't even think most people genuinely care about the platformer label as much as they do making it seem like their character Crash has been neglected. The fanbase isn't gonna complain if Geno gets revealed despite being a JRPG character, nor are they gonna cheer for Busby despite being a platformer character.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Source Gaming released their E3 Bingo Card.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Honestly, 1

One 3rd party I'm up in the air on, and one 1st party cuz I'm starting to be pretty adamant on Waluigi in particular
If only because the Waluigi fiasco was SUCH a fiasco it even got a Washington Post article.

My honest three bets right now:

Happy Ending: 10 and 11 are Shadow and Waluigi, both upgraded Assist Trophies, perhaps even both revealed at once, Kencineroar style. The two Assist Trophy fighters people were MOST displeased about.

ULTIMATE "Pie in the Sky" Ending:
The same thing, but they also include echo fighters with them to "make up for the fact that they are playable versions of something that's already in the game". I honestly don't know who would be upset about that, but Nintendo would be Nintendo. Plus TECHNICALLY the pack would be shared between the main original fighter and an echo, so music and spirit boards could be inspired by both characters. Waluigi coming with Gooigi therefore allowing those missing Luigi's Mansion 3 spirits to come with Waluigi, Shadow coming with Metal Sonic, bringing some of his music into the pack too, etc.
demon circle.png

And then my third "Save the Best for Somewhere in the Middle" Ending: An ending that assumes that we peaked with Steviroth and now the last two are just gonna come and will not be exciting in the same way. Like, it'll be Amy Rose and a Pokemon or something.

These bets of course do not account for the existence of a bonus fighter after Pass 2 which may still come (and if it does, it'll be Piranha Plant style. From a series whose base game content already suffices so they won't come with stage, spirits or music. Like... Tetra from Wind Waker HD, Funky Kong, etc).

BUT... MARK MY WORDS, if any of my bets are right, then BURGER KING IS MINE! BURGER KING AND MONEY WILL BE MY PRIZE! ALL THE BURGER KING AND MONEY FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And if none of them are right and the last two fighters end up being completely different... no Burger King or money for me...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yep. There are only 3 fighting game characters in the game if you include echoes. But platformer fans are starving. :4pacman:
But Captain, think of the poor Ice Climber fans who want their favourite franchise to get Polar Bear as a playable character only for characters who've never been on Nintendo like Terry and these 'Dragon Quest' characters!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
But Captain, think of the poor Ice Climber fans who want their favourite franchise to get Polar Bear as a playable character only for characters who've never been on Nintendo like Terry and these 'Dragon Quest' characters!
One, don’t besmirch the legendary name of Polar Bear with Sunglasses. Two, there are Ice Climber fans, as in plural? That bad NES game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom