• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Inappropriate image removed
If The rabbit was made to be a heel like Incineroar, he probably would be more intresting. Unfortunately, being a heel in soccer is just called being an asshole Probably lol
Now I just imagine Cinderace being the biggest sore winner of the cast, taunting the competition even in its victory screens.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Now I just imagine Cinderace being the biggest sore winner of the cast, taunting the competition even in its victory screens.
Or pulling things like this.
We can go further and have it pull a John Terry.
Man really came on to lift the ****ing Champion's League trophy in 2012 even though he didn't play. Therefore Cinderace will claim first place in every single match even if it isn't picked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The REAL reason Cinderace sucks is that it's a football player and not a steel type so I could name one after my favourite gay physicist
07d160b6dfe5d37bca45d014bdc6c8b1.jpg

**** Dexit, THIS was why I never bought SwoShi
...So I guess I'm the only one here who'd be okay with any Gen 8 Pokémon? Cinderace is actually one of my favorites.
Bruh the biggest posts about a Gen 8 mon on the page you posted that gave gen 8 mons as examples.

As for why we get the starters, isn't it obvious? Those are always popular and if a pokemon were locked in for Smash, Sakurai would have had no way to see which ones are already popular and go for something that's guaranteed popularity

osby

Smash Obsessed
Or pulling things like this.
This is just Captain Falcon mains after they got three stocked but also landed one of thirty forward air sweetspots they were fishing for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Generally, most of the Pokemon in were already popular or are Starters. Lucario is the only one that was decided before it was sure, but wasn't already a big one or a starter. And it worked out well. Imagine if Lucario wasn't as popular.

He can't outright tell who will be popular easily, so choosing ones that have a better chance(a Starter) makes sense too for any new Pokemon. Though he sometimes has more luck to be like Mewtwo or Jigglypuff; out for a long time, but still usable(Gen 8), so his options are better. On the other hand... Nintendo is choosing the character, not him, so. Who knows who they'd go after.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also, just thought about something regarding the remaining potential Capcom possible characters.
If we ignore, say, Chun-Li

We basically have Dante and Phoenix.

Devil May Cry is acclaimed to be one of Capcom's best series, one of the best Hack N Slash games of all time (A genre under-rep'd btw), and has been widely acclaimed by critics and players. DMC 3 has sometimes even been called one of the greatest games of all time.

Ace Attorney is considered to be one of, if not the greatest Visual Novel series, again one of Capcom's staple series. It also spawned equally successful spin-offs, and one can even say Phoenix is one of the "faces" of the GBA and DS.

Both of these characters have a lot going for them!

Staarih

Smash Master
...So I guess I'm the only one here who'd be okay with any Gen 8 Pokémon? Cinderace is actually one of my favorites.
I'm totally up for any Gen 8 Pokemon, like even Cinderace would do, but of course I have some personal favorites as well.

Being DLC would probably give a slither of hope of going with a Gen 8 Pokemon with known popularity instead of placeholder "Pokemon from Gen x"... or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
Not to say Cinderace isn't popular

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Cinderace would have the best roll in the game
Not enough skill move spam thus Cinderace wouldn't rep FIFA nor its storied history as a video game franchise well enough.

:4pacman:

Also, in general industry news (unless I missed it in the previous page):

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Even today I think there'd be too many rights involved. They'd have to get the rights to Bond himself+whatever Bond actor(s) they want to use+the holders of the Goldeneye movie (or at least just the James Bond theme but still) AND games' soundtracks. And don't they have to talk to Activision about using Bond in a game too?
You can essentially remove all the rights issues, legal nightmares and strict management of the character by just adding Sgt. Cortez.

Time to Split!

Yo we splittin over here.gif

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not enough skill move spam thus Cinderace wouldn't rep FIFA nor its storied history as a video game franchise well enough.

I can't wait for the store brand Chris Pratt knock-off in Guardians of the Galaxy
Deus Ex really died for this ****

Um
Nintendo and Bandai-Namco have their shows on the same day.

Just worth noting.
That's the same line of logic people used to try and insist the very clearly stated DMC3 port news was in fact tied into the Smash reveal

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I can't wait for the store brand Chris Pratt knock-off in Guardians of the Galaxy
Deus Ex really died for this ****

That's the same line of logic people used to try and insist the very clearly stated DMC3 port news was in fact tied into the Smash reveal
I only said it was worth noting, not that it meant someone like Lloyd was coming FOR SURE

lol
also that Dante thing was mad funny lmao

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

These presentations don't really focus on the Japanese side, do they?
Um

Just worth noting.
Did they finally figure out a way to merge without creating a monopoly?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Um

Just worth noting.
Nintendo and Bandai-Namco might show something they work on together but that's literally anything related to Smash and a good bunch of other Switch games. I wouldn't read too much into it.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'll be honest, I don't think I've seen a character on this board get roasted as hard as Cinderace just did today, except for maybe Geno

Everyone says that there'll be no Sonic character as Knuckles and Shadow are both ATs.

Y'all are sleeping on Blaze the Cat.
I will say that Blaze is a character that I see to be popular in the Sonic Fanbase, and I also think Sega also knows that

0xed6rm9dct61.png

So yeah one could say she may be a little slept on.

In any case, I think the Pecking order would go like this

-Eggman, Tails, Shadow, & Knuckles (All Similar Priority)

-Amy, Metal Sonic

-Blaze, Silver, Rouge, Omega, Big, Chaotix (only if all 3), Chaos 0

-Every other character

-Any character from the Archie comics, or exclusive to Sonic TV Shows

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I find it kinda funny because the two "doom and gloom" picks on the other Smash group I hang out with - Euden and, like with here, Cinderace - Don't bother me that much. They're not people I'm actively rooting for, but if they were added, I'd shrug and go "Okay, cool."

Maybe it's just because I'm not that invested in Pokemon anymore. Cinderace gets a lot of hate for being the blandest, safest option, but I don't have much stock in any Pokemon anymore. If it gets in, there aren't any other characters it would boot out by existing. Or maybe it's just my eternally low standards and refusal to go with the flow. I dunno, Cnderace just never generated that sort of negative reaction from me :drshrug:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Also, just thought about something regarding the remaining potential Capcom possible characters.
If we ignore, say, Chun-Li

We basically have Dante and Phoenix.

Devil May Cry is acclaimed to be one of Capcom's best series, one of the best Hack N Slash games of all time (A genre under-rep'd btw), and has been widely acclaimed by critics and players. DMC 3 has sometimes even been called one of the greatest games of all time.

Ace Attorney is considered to be one of, if not the greatest Visual Novel series, again one of Capcom's staple series. It also spawned equally successful spin-offs, and one can even say Phoenix is one of the "faces" of the GBA and DS.

Both of these characters have a lot going for them!
What about Amaterasu?

volbound1700

Smash Master
What about Amaterasu?
I would probably favor Amaterasu over any of the other Capcom characters listed but I doubt she makes it because here game was niche and has only a one-time appearance. If they could turn Okami into a full franchise, she might have a chance. The other franchises being discussed are far larger than her franchise.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I find it kinda funny because the two "doom and gloom" picks on the other Smash group I hang out with - Euden and, like with here, Cinderace - Don't bother me that much. They're not people I'm actively rooting for, but if they were added, I'd shrug and go "Okay, cool."

Maybe it's just because I'm not that invested in Pokemon anymore. Cinderace gets a lot of hate for being the blandest, safest option, but I don't have much stock in any Pokemon anymore. If it gets in, there aren't any other characters it would boot out by existing. Or maybe it's just my eternally low standards and refusal to go with the flow. I dunno, Cnderace just never generated that sort of negative reaction from me :drshrug:
I don’t really hate Cinderace, I just strongly prefer many other Pokémon. I wouldn’t really be upset if it got in, I’d just be mostly indifferent. I already got Sephiroth so I I can’t get too greedy. I don’t really expect everything to be catered to my personal tastes.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
From a game that flopped.
It did? I thought it sold pretty well?

I would probably favor Amaterasu over any of the other Capcom characters listed but I doubt she makes it because here game was niche and has only a one-time appearance. If they could turn Okami into a full franchise, she might have a chance. The other franchises being discussed are far larger than her franchise.
Thats how I feel. I would say that she is in the top 5 for potential Capcom characters.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Cinderace I don't have any issues with either. But I do see why people see them as a boring option, especially when it's the Fire and Water Starters that get alot of attention. Doesn't help that the Fire and Water Starters tend to be the main bipedals(with Primarina being the only non-bipedal) while only since Gen 6 have Grass Starters been consistently bipedal, whereas between Gen 1 and 5, only one of them was bipedal.

Like, I wonder if Gamefreak knows that considering they were really marketing Decidueye, and still are with it and it's previous stages, and Decidueye was very close to getting in Smash.

SKX31

Smash Master
From a game that flopped.
Well, Okami HD is a thing, so I don't think it's exactly a flop if they were willing to re-make it:

As of March 31, 2021, Ōkami HD has sold 1.6 million units on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, and is the best-selling game in the series. [Capcom source]
In other words: Okami HD went Platinum, and that's not counting the Steam version, which saw pretty good promotion:

Capcom submitted and got approval to publish an Amaterasu "courier" for Dota 2 just prior to the December 2017 release of Ōkami HD on Steam, with players that had pre-ordered or purchased Ōkami HD within the release period receiving the courier for free.

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realized that Okami flopped? I thought it sold decently. It didn't blow away sales but it wasn't a flop either.
The first game was a commercial failure, selling a little over 200k copies in its first year.

The HD remake has done a lot better though, clocking in at around 2.2 million units sold now, with the Switch being it's best performing platform.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Can't wait for the last two DLC to be from JRPGs...
I would be completely fine with that. I love a ton of characters from multiple genres. I certainly wouldn’t complain if we got both Magus and Zegram (two of my top three most wanted characters). Xemnas would be amazing too. More realistically, I think Velvet Crowe would make for an awesome Smash character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom