• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Kinda hope the bonus fighter thing is real so we get at least something like an 8th echo.
We also only have 2 3rd party echoes, :ultrichter: and:ultken: do be alone. :(
8 player echo battle yaaaaaaas

also allow me to sell you all on CP11 being KOS-MOS and the bonus echo being T-elos

two new Namco rep, an 8th echo, a villain echo (better her than Sephiroth being Cloud’s echo or something lmaoooo), a FEMALE villain, and ending on Namco rep as one last thank you to Namco

and since we got Pyra and Mythra, KOS-MOS and T-elos can use their XC2 designs as alts. Of course T-elos’s main design will need a bit of clean up but yeah

Twilord

Smash Ace
8 player echo battle yaaaaaaas

also allow me to sell you all on CP11 being KOS-MOS and the bonus echo being T-elos

two new Namco rep, an 8th echo, a villain echo (better her than Sephiroth being Cloud’s echo or something lmaoooo), a FEMALE villain, and ending on Namco rep as one last thank you to Namco

and since we got Pyra and Mythra, KOS-MOS and T-elos can use their XC2 designs as alts. Of course T-elos’s main design will need a bit of clean up but yeah

Don't do that. Don't make me hope.

KOS-MOS is a dream pick for me. My hoping for Agumon is me being realistic - and the Pokémon VS Digimon rivalry would be epic - but Digimon doesn't need Smash Bros in order to put games on Switch the way Xenosaga does.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't do that. Don't make me hope.

KOS-MOS is a dream pick for me. My hoping for Agumon is me being realistic - and the Pokémon VS Digimon rivalry would be epic - but Digimon doesn't need Smash Bros in order to put games on Switch the way Xenosaga does.
I’m hoping too my dude - my initial MWs - Fiora, Elma and Neku - are pretty much out of the running so those other two are (some of) my backup

plus I’m probably like one of the like 5 people on this site that wants T-elos in Smash (with KOS-MOS of course)

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Wait a minute.

We had both Square Enix and Microsoft for both FP1 and 2 while ATLUS has only had one character for FP1.
SMT III HD Remaster has released making Demi-Fiend a good marketing pick.
Dante made a cameo in Nocturne which started the meme, which has now been referenced by Nintendo's Twitter intern.
Sakurai's recent Famitsu Column makes people think a double reveal could happen due to Sakurai saying that the last Fighters Pass is ending soon.
View attachment 316882
Dante and Demi-Fiend double reveal baby. :4pacman:
A Demi-Fiend and Dante double reveal would be so sick.

Twilord

Smash Ace
I’m hoping too my dude - my initial MWs - Fiora, Elma and Neku - are pretty much out of the running so those other two are (some of) my backup

plus I’m probably like one of the like 5 people on this site that wants T-elos in Smash (with KOS-MOS of course)
Honestly I was hoping for a Torna rep, so not having Rex semi accidentally got me that.

---------

I am sure we all have silly picks for who we'd want as a secret character.

I could see a semi-clone of the last character like T-elos, Arbiter, Gabumon... OR a Semi-Clone of Joker or Piranha Plant since they were arguably both the first DLC.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I could see a semi-clone of the last character like T-elos, Arbiter, Gabumon... OR a Semi-Clone of Joker or Piranha Plant since they were arguably both the first DLC.
Semi clone of joker... could be Violet, since there was a string for a “Jane” with a ponytail in Joker’s file. Probably initially an alt but was scrapped. And Violet has a ponytail...

Technomage

Smash Champion
I have plenty of silly picks: Joke characters. For example: Slippy Toad, Tingle, CD-i Link, Glass Joe, Dan Hibiki, Bubsy the Bobcat, Lester the Unlikely, and Goomba.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Twilord Twilord since you copy pasted the double post’s content into the post before, you can edit the double post to say “accidentally double posted, delete” so you don’t get warned

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sonic will be a crossing over with the Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 mobile game. Which had already had Berserk cross over mind you.
Damn I can't believe this became a reality
Unrelated to Smash, but has Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen seen this?

A lot of stuff happened while I was sleeping...
inhales deeply
maxresdefault (1).jpg

HELL ****ING YEAHHHHHHHHH

Twilord

Smash Ace
I have plenty of silly picks: Joke characters. For example: Slippy Toad, Tingle, CD-i Link, Glass Joe, Dan Hibiki, Bubsy the Bobcat, Lester the Unlikely, and Goomba.
I would kinda love a fake out where we got Mametchi. Sakurai offhandedly mentions that their play-style also takes influence from their Smash hit spin-off Digimon. "So much so we have added Agumon as a free Semi-Clone... should I have lead with that? Nah; we'll discuss them close to launch. Inspired by Cyber Slueth they both have five "Adult" stage forms; these are Mametchi's..."

Twilord Twilord since you copy pasted the double post’s content into the post before, you can edit the double post to say “accidentally double posted, delete” so you don’t get warned
Much appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
So hyped for Bloodstained 2. The first one was so good.
I just hope for them to do a better job with the Switch version this time.

Wait a minute.

We had both Square Enix and Microsoft for both FP1 and 2 while ATLUS has only had one character for FP1.
Dante made a cameo in Nocturne which started the meme, which has now been referenced by Nintendo's Twitter intern.
Sakurai's recent Famitsu Column makes people think a double reveal could happen due to Sakurai saying that the last Fighters Pass is ending soon.
View attachment 316882

I'd immensely enjoy this outcome.

Twilord

Smash Ace
So hyped for Bloodstained 2. The first one was so good.
I just hope for them to do a better job with the Switch version this time.

I'd immensely enjoy this outcome.

They're both part demon right? So they are basically Bayonetta's own little harem.

Since we have decided Joker is her son, it all fits.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
They're both part demon right? So they are basically Bayonetta's own little harem.

Since we have decided Joker is her son, it all fits.
Yeah, Dante is half human and half demon. Demi-fiend was turned into a demon, though he still has a human heart and mind.

About the other thing, then I guess Bayo and Dante had two sons, and Joker and Demi-fiend being brothers would be fitting considering both are Atlus characters, so that adds a nice extra touch.

I like this headcanon.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Yeah, Dante is half human and half demon. Demi-fiend was turned into a demon, though he still has a human heart and mind.

About the other thing, then I guess Bayo and Dante had two sons, and Joker and Demi-fiend being brothers would be fitting considering both are Atlus characters, so that adds a nice extra touch.

I like this headcanon.
Can we please have someone draw the old Adventure 2 art with Shadow as Dante, Sonic as Bayonetta, and Joker and Demi-Fiend as the Chao?

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I know the feeling. It seems like nobody else really wants the same characters as me. I’ve made six support threads and none of them really got many replies if any at all.

Battletoads
Magus
Zegram Ghart
Illidan Stormrage
Sarah Kerrigan
General Blizzard support thread

At least I finally got the opportunity to share my thoughts on my favorite character ever (Zegram) in the character exploration thread.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Wait a minute.

View attachment 316884
Demi-Fiend one-ups Sephiroth by taking out both Galeem and Dharkon.
Demi-Fiend takes on the entire roster, and this time Cloud can't be the one to put a temporary stop to his rampage.
Therefore, only the Legendary Demon Hunter can halt Demi-Fiend.
So Dante jumps down from the tallest mountain on the world of Smash and takes on Demi-Fiend.
This is how they justify a double reveal trailer.
:4pacman:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Demi-Fiend takes on the entire roster, and this time Cloud can't be the one to put a temporary stop to his rampage.
So Dante jumps down from the tallest mountain on the world of Smash and takes on Demi-Fiend.
Then Bayonetta has Gomorrah eat them both and the last two characters are revealed. Deku Plant and Mametchi.

Sakurai: "And with that I resign from Smash Bros for real this time."

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Then Bayonetta has Gomorrah eat them both and the last two characters are revealed. Deku Plant and Mametchi.

Sakurai: "And with that I resign from Smash Bros for real this time."
are you implying that they won't be adding mime jr?

this site is drowning in idiots

Twilord

Smash Ace
So this is a very dumb idea and definitely won't happen... but imagine if we got Agumon with Gabumon as the bonus character and their Final Smashes were WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon BUT if they used their Final Smash on each other in a team battle (when they're on the same team) they fused into the franchise's other mascot; Omnimon.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Now I'm mad at you because this is so good that if this doesn't happen at E3 I will be very sad.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly it's so fascinating seeing people want a dual reveal having the same trailer. Demifiend and Dante crossed over before which explains the overlap, but it's so rare to suggest 2 characters from different franchises share a trailer and even more rare when it's about franchises owned by seperate companies

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly it's so fascinating seeing people want a dual reveal having the same trailer. Demifiend and Dante crossed over before which explains the overlap, but it's so rare to suggest 2 characters from different franchises share a trailer and even more rare when it's about franchises owned by seperate companies
The only time this happened was with Ken and Incineroar, but in their case they were both base roster additions and one of them was an Echo Fighter.

SKX31

Smash Master
Sonic will be a crossing over with the Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 mobile game. Which had already had Bayonetta, DMC, Ghost in the Shell and Berserk cross over mind you.
Hopefully the next crossover is SMT in Smash, but knowing my luck it’s probably more likely we get Dark Pit in the gacha game or something.
Dark Pit in the SMT gacha?

Now that would have the same incomprehensibly powerful aura as "Tom & Jerry eSports" and "Big Chungus is in the Looney Tunes gacha" if it actually came to be.

TBF it's because you'd kinda need some more of connection (whether fandoms, genres or something else) so there isn't a major disconnect of the "Why the **** are these two in the same trailer" variety. Of course, you could hypotheoretically build a trailer using two unrelated characters as centrepieces, but I'd kinda feel said trailer would need to highlight just how insane Smash's crossover aspect is. I've personally dreamt up "What if" scenarios where Scorpion, Arle, Reimu or CJ takes over the TGA 2020 trailer just after Sephiroth's Final Smash. Man, any of those would be massive swerves and cause a lot of people to ask a lot of questions - especially since Sephiroth's trailer is him wrecking everything.

That and you're using 2 character slots. A fan of X (lets say Overwatch, League, Puyo Puyo) may not be a fan of Y (lets say TF2, Dota 2, Tetris) so having a Tracer / Heavy combo trailer may not be super appealing to some OW / TF2 fans.

I kinda suspect that's why such suggestions are kinda rare.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Honestly the best case IMO is that Demi-Fiend's trailer airs at the beginning of the presentation and then Dante's is a continuation of that at the very end, so it's technically two trailers but the narrative is linked between them. That would be pretty cool to see play out I think.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I've started to really warm up to the idea of Phoenix Wright in Smash recently, and I think it'd be neat if they did a Simon/Richter kind of deal and also added Edgeworth as an echo fighter - obviously that wouldn't be the 11th and final challenger pack, just part of Phoenix's. I believe it's been raised before and it'd be a neat idea. Could be a Daisy or Richter situation where aside from very slight nuances in hitboxes and hurtboxes, he's basically just eight extra alts.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Veemo 🐙

so yeah, I’m still riding the Octoling train
...tfw I missed the opportunity to make an Octo Expansion joke and call it the Deepsea Metro :facepalm:
I've started to really warm up to the idea of Phoenix Wright in Smash recently, and I think it'd be neat if they did a Simon/Richter kind of deal and also added Edgeworth as an echo fighter - obviously that wouldn't be the 11th and final challenger pack, just part of Phoenix's. I believe it's been raised before and it'd be a neat idea.
i think I suggested it. Maybe as the rumored bonus individual DLC, or bundled together like Pythra.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
...tfw I missed the opportunity to make an Octo Expansion joke and call it the Deepsea Metro :facepalm:

i think I suggested it. Maybe as the rumored bonus individual DLC, or bundled together like Pythra.
I was really thinking we were getting a bonus character, and then the very next day after I really started thinking about it, all hopes were dashed. You can say Mr. Sakurai wouldn't spoil it, but in such a case he simply would've never brought it up at all, rather than outright lie.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I was really thinking we were getting a bonus character, and then the very next day after I really started thinking about it, all hopes were dashed. You can say Mr. Sakurai wouldn't spoil it, but in such a case he simply would've never brought it up at all, rather than outright lie.
Yeah, he's said the last two fighters are the end many times over now. The only times he's actually said an outright lie was that ZSS wouldn't return... Which he then went back on only a couple seconds later. I've seen people cite him saying Kencineroar would be the last fighters in the November direct, but that was still disproven in the same livestream. If this is a lie, it's one that's been going on for about a year now. I just don't think he'd be lying about this for so long when he's never done something of that scale before.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Yeah, he's said the last two fighters are the end many times over now. The only times he's actually said an outright lie was that ZSS wouldn't return... Which he then went back on only a couple seconds later. I've seen people cite him saying Kencineroar would be the last fighters in the November direct, but that was still disproven in the same livestream. If this is a lie, it's one that's been going on for about a year now. I just don't think he'd be lying about this for so long when he's never done something of that scale before.
Well, the ZSS case was less a "lie", more just him joking around. meanwhile Ken & Incineroar were indeed the last fighters announced in the November 2018 direct... that were present in the base game, so it might've just been a case of translation weirdness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom