• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Here's to hoping Metroid gets decent treatment for their 35th anniversary. The 30th was a total bust by almost every definition.

Also doesn't help that guy in green (sometimes blue) always overshadows Metroid because their anniversaries are so close together.
ehh, metroid gets shafted pretty frequently but at least it has stuff in the works right now. but kid icarus turns 35 this year too, and if that gets anything i'll be pleasantly surprised. can we at least get an Uprising remaster?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I had a dream earlier today that had Waluigi being revealed for Smash, so thanks to the power of dreams, that means he’s guaranteed to happen, get hyped my ‘mans.

It didn’t have much detail though, just something that was like a fake out or something that made me think they were showing him as an AT again for whatever reason, but then I realized he was a new fighter and got hyped, then his intro/splash card-screen-thing popped up, no hyped up splash text was shown in my dream though so I’m just gonna pretend it was “Waluigi makes it into battle!” as if Sakurai referenced his words about Waluigi’s AT.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nintendo, More power, new chips and screen is cool and all.

But how about a network card/chip that doesn't comes from the 2008 while ALSO giving us the ****ing Lan spot right on the dock?

Thanks you.
Nintendo: How about no AC adapter in the box? Sounds like a good idea, we'll do that.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Sonic will be a crossing over with the Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 mobile game. Which had already had Bayonetta, DMC, Ghost in the Shell and Berserk cross over mind you.
Hopefully the next crossover is SMT in Smash, but knowing my luck it’s probably more likely we get Dark Pit in the gacha game or something.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Sonic will be a crossing over with the Shin Megami Tensei Dx2 mobile game. Which had already had Bayonetta, DMC, Ghost in the Shell and Berserk cross over mind you.
Hopefully the next crossover is SMT in Smash, but knowing my luck it’s probably more likely we get Dark Pit in the gacha game or something.
Wrong Sonic character. They missed a perfectly good opportunity to have a game with both "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" and "& Knuckles" in the same game. :roll:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Wait a minute.

We had both Square Enix and Microsoft for both FP1 and 2 while ATLUS has only had one character for FP1.
SMT III HD Remaster has released making Demi-Fiend a good marketing pick.
Dante made a cameo in Nocturne which started the meme, which has now been referenced by Nintendo's Twitter intern.
Sakurai's recent Famitsu Column makes people think a double reveal could happen due to Sakurai saying that the last Fighters Pass is ending soon.
27d.jpg

Dante and Demi-Fiend double reveal baby. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Wait a minute.

We had both Square Enix and Microsoft for both FP1 and 2 while ATLUS has only had one character for FP1.
Dante made a cameo in Nocturne which started the meme, which has now been referenced by Nintendo's Twitter intern.
Sakurai's recent Famitsu Column makes people think a double reveal could happen due to Sakurai saying that the last Fighters Pass ending soon.
View attachment 316882
Dante would be neat because I am Bayonetta fanboy and would like to meet him since apparently one of my favourite game series is his successor.

I want KOS-MOS for similar reason.

... But I kinda expect a double with one of the characters being Nintendo related. and one being Bandai related

Although I suppose KOS-MOS (Xeno but Bamco) and Dante focusing on their relationships with their spiritual successors would be about as epic as the Pokémon X Digimon angle.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Wait a minute.

Sakurai's recent Famitsu Column makes people think a double reveal could happen due to Sakurai saying that the last Fighters Pass ending soon.
View attachment 316882
Perhaps in the same reveal trailer, too?

Also, ngl it'd be a BIT disappointing If no new companies got playable reps in Smash.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random thought: what if one of the last two has their own echo? Sakurai wouldn’t have spoiled it in his column, and if the bonus space thing is true, it could be an echo of one of the last two, being an Individual DLC like Piranha Plant. OR said echo could be bundled in the same pack like with Pyra & Mythra

he also said no echoes for the first pass...

or that hypothetical bonus could be an echo of a base game/pass 1 character but that’s far less likely. Again, assuming the bonus space is for that

Technomage

Smash Champion
If Agumon were to get into Ultimate as a playable character, then should ToyAgumon be added as one of his alts, or would their skeletal structures be too different for that?

Should I give up hope on a Sora reveal?
I don't think so, since I don't think he's been deconfirmed by anybody.

What are the first party options left for DLC? I can only think of Ayumi Tachibana or King Boo
Those two are options, but I think other options include Octoling (due to Splatoon 3 being an upcoming game, as well as Splatoon 2 being kind of lacking in content), Legends Arceus rep (I used to think a Gen 8 rep was an option, then I realized its spirit event made it not likely due to the fact that a Gen 8 mon being in the roster would logically make that spirit event pointless), Euden from Dragalia Lost, Waluigi if ATs aren't deconfirmed (since Waluigi is the most popular candidate for an AT promotion), Dixie Kong (due to that new Donkey Kong Country game), Sylux (due to Metroid Prime 4, which Sylux was stated to have a prominent role in), a Miitopia rep, and maybe Tom Nook as a rep for Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Agumon were to get into Ultimate as a playable character, then should ToyAgumon be added as one of his alts, or would their skeletal structures be too different for that?

I don't think so, since I don't think he's been deconfirmed by anybody.

Those two are options, but I think other options include Inkling (due to Splatoon 3 being an upcoming game, as well as Splatoon 2 being kind of lacking in content), Legends Arceus rep (I used to think a Gen 8 rep was an option, then I realized its spirit event made it not likely due to the fact that a Gen 8 mon being in the roster would logically make that spirit event pointless), Euden from Dragalia Lost, Waluigi if ATs aren't deconfirmed (since Waluigi is the most popular candidate for an AT promotion), Dixie Kong (due to that new Donkey Kong Country game), Sylux (due to Metroid Prime 4, which Sylux was stated to have a prominent role in), a Miitopia rep, and maybe Tom Nook as a rep for Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Think you mean Octoling there?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
I have been toying with Digimon models lately; Toy Agumon didn't fit the shape I went with but my armatures were designed to cover Agumon, Guilmon, Dorumon, Bulucomon, Dracomon, Monodramon, Greymon, Growlmon, Coredramon, Tyrannomon, and GeoGreymon. (One of my ideas calls for a variety of Dragon's Roar echoes, picture Monado Arts but with Cyber Sleuth style evolution/devolution choices.)

It's possible if it's just Agumon they would fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom