• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So...he's exactly as deconfirmed as Hayabusa then.

Hayabusa.

Since it became a thing that gets a lot of views.
To be fair, Hayabusa WAS deconfirmed eventually.
Wario never deserved this.
I hate it because it made me realise how much they had in common...
For real though the only Smash interview that stands out is this
View attachment 314410
"So he's saying the same typical stuff but with Adol and Rean? What's so special?" You may be asking, but the reason for that is because Estelle and her beeeg stick are right ****ing there but Kondo goes "Nyehhhhh sword"
View attachment 314411
I see how it is Kondo
Don't you stick? A stick is just a wooden sword.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I give it a day before one of those people takes this as a full deconfirmation.
I mean, he is now technically just as "deconfirmed" as Hayabusa supposedly is.

To be fair, Hayabusa WAS deconfirmed eventually.
A game dev who doesn't control the character getting in talked about hoping he gets in. I don't see the difference.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Choosing characters based on how many reps their company has on the roster is a poor base for decisions anyway. I really don't care if Sega, SE, or Microsoft continued to get characters so long as those characters had the recognition and moveset potential to justify their inclusion. Seems better than the alternative where one company starts to go dry and we resort to adding C-listers just because we have to be fair.
Good point, though I still prefer that it does NOT get to the point that they're milking a company (or anything else for that matter).

If Smash was to see another Fighting Game character as DLC in Smash Ultimate, who would you want? I would want:
I would pick Bad Mr. Frosty; he'd be the first time we get a comedic/parody fighting game character (though would the likes of Boogerman and Earthworm Jim count, since they appeared in ClayFighters' roster?).

Here's what I've got in mind...
Konami: Since Hehachi's limited to only a cameo appearance in one of PAC-Man's taunts, probably Bill Rizer or Jin Kazama.
SEGA: Much like with what everyone else has in mind, Arle or a second Sonic rep, though an oddball like Phantom R couldn't hurt.
Capcom: Pretty much anyone they have, though my personal picks are Sakura, Mega Man Zero, and Lilith Aensland (the already censored version of Morrigan, and I recapped on why Lilith would fit in Smash here).
Bandai Namco: What Technomage said, but with Sora excluded. It's not that I hate Sora, but I - just in my opinion - think there's a high chance Sora won't make it as DLC.
Microsoft: Master Chief easily. I watched my dad play Halo Reach on the Xbox 360 when I was a youngster, so I have quite the history with Halo games.
SNK: Since we've already got Terry, who's pretty much the face of both SNK and Fatal Fury, I'd say we could probably fit Nakoruru and her dark side - Rera - as a Pyra and Mythra type of character. Sure, Nakoruru's a Mii Costume and a spirit, but putting her in KOF 14 put SNK out of bankruptcy. Other possible picks would include Rock Howard, who was pretty much Capcom fans' introduction to the world of SNK during 2001, and do I even NEED to explain the ultimate duo that is K' and Kula Diamond? These were probably the biggest and - no pun intended - coolest SNK characters at the start of the 21st century, and they have been in literally ZERO CROSSOVERS with other franchises.
Uh just to let you know, Heihachi and Jin are owned by Namco, while Sora is owned by Square and/or arguably Disney.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I'm getting scared with who's challenger 10 as pressure keeps building each passing day. Leaks or not, salt is inevitable.
View attachment 314413
Saying salt is inevitable is like saying water is wet. Every post-Brawl reveal will inevitably be met with salt, it's just the way things are now. Some fans are never happy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That inspired a new topic from me: What ocean-themed characters would everyone here like to see? My picks:

Islander from Animal Crossing New Horizons
Ruby Heart from Marvel vs Capcom 2
...does Octoling count? The irony is that they can’t swim in the ocean, being made of ink and all

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Tfw one of my most wanteds is CP11 (ESPECIALLY on the extremely slim chance it’s somehow Elma)

chuckles I’m in danger if that happens
I kinda learned how to deal with character hate after Steve got in, so I'm prepared if Chosen somehow does.

There are some people on SmashFAQS who genuinely despise Dark Souls and all of it's fans, though, so that'll be fun.

They reply to basically any thread referencing Dark Souls with "this is why I hate Dark Souls fanboys and their obnoxious self-absorbed elitism". They also hardcore strawman people talking about Chosen Undead, saying stuff like "I guess the no-anime crowd makes an exception when the game's tone is dark, gritty, and joyless. If you weren't hypocrites you'd be rallying to destroy it like other RPGs, but you only like it because it's not anime".

Kind of an overreaction to support of a character, if you ask me.

These accounts are too old to be trolls, too. Why do you feel the need to put words in my mouth, and then denounce me for it? If you don't care for Dark Souls, just say that. No need for the toxicity.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Tfw one of my most wanteds is CP11 (ESPECIALLY on the extremely slim chance it’s somehow Elma)

chuckles I’m in danger if that happens
Too bad not all dreams are prophetic. Like I literally had a dream last night where Elma was revealed to be CP11(after a showing of an Animal Crossing game which aside from the village building, also had a top-down hack-and-slash mode against strange creatures).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Too bad not all dreams are prophetic. Like I literally had a dream last where Elma was revealed to be CP11(after a showing of an Animal Crossing game which aside from the village building, also had a top-down hack-and-slash mode against strange creatures).
...ngl I’d play that AC hack-n-slash

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity: do you people expect more bonus fighters, of another fighter pass after CP11 is out?
Personally, I trust Sakurai's words, that state there won't be more DLC support once the pass is finished. But there are still people genuinely calling a bonus.
Also I wonder if the DLC includes the spirit events?

Technomage

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity: do you people expect more bonus fighters, of another fighter pass after CP11 is out?
Personally, I trust Sakurai's words, that state there won't be more DLC support once the pass is finished. But there are still people genuinely calling a bonus.
While I am open to the possibility of more bonus fighters and Fighters Passes, I don't see it as likely; instead, I'd take the pessimist's route there, so as to not get disappointed by confirmation of no extra fighters.

On the other hand, I do think that more spirit events after FP2 is more likely.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We MIGHT still get Spirit Events for a while at a bare minimum.

As for DLC, if they do more, it may just be individual DLC only a la Piranha Plant. IF Echoes are individual DLC too (they ONLY said no Echoes in passes), they might even be cheaper than unique characters (but more costly than say a Mii costume)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly the people who are certain will get more seem to be pretty worried their favourites aren't making itand that this magical supposed bonus will give their favourites to them, I think it's best to assume these last 2 are the final characters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I dunno maybe.

I'm just going to assume the next 2 are the last 2. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Saying salt is inevitable is like saying water is wet. Every post-Brawl reveal will inevitably be met with salt, it's just the way things are now. Some fans are never happy.
I ain't ready for how hard Challenger Pack 11 is going to be hit with salt.
Honestly, it might be for the best for one's own mental health to not set the stakes so highly - at the end of the day, this is a party game that can also be played in multitude of fashions (whether straightforward competitive rulesets, anything-goes-FFAs and everything in between). And each new character brings something wonderful (and wonderfully janky) to the table:

That inspired a new topic from me: What ocean-themed characters would everyone here like to see? My picks:

**** it, I'm going with Morphling from Dota 2 despite the fact that that water elemental was originally an ice comet. He (it?) kinda counts as ocean-themed, right?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well, not just post-Brawl.

Even Melee got salt.

(Obviously not calling Chronobound himself salty, he's one of the most reasonable ones, but his writeups at the time talking about the salty people display a fairly good view of the internet back then, like a time capsule of sorts).

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
Uh just to let you know, Heihachi and Jin are owned by Namco, while Sora is owned by Square and/or arguably Disney.
More like Sora is inarguably owned by Disney...

I'm not expecting it but I think there's decent chances for more DLC content after FP2.

CureParfait

Smash Ace

My picks are the Pirate Class from Maple Story and May from Guilty Gear

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Too bad not all dreams are prophetic. Like I literally had a dream last where Elma was revealed to be CP11(after a showing of an Animal Crossing game which aside from the village building, also had a top-down hack-and-slash mode against strange creatures).
Dreams in general can be pretty weird. Last night, there was... Two separate ones actually.

The first one was... Vaguely Ys IX, but also completely different. Instead of becoming a Monstrum, now he's a girl? And the plot seemed to revolve around a castle, because we Castlevania now apparently, but you also seemed to be able to explore outside of it, so now we're Order of Ecclesia specifically. The world map seemed to cover the entire world, or at least the Eurasia region, which seemed kinda weird because A: Ys game are centered around one specific place, and B: Where does the castle fit into all this? Also there was an organization of some sorts and I remember jack%$#@ about them.

The other was me scrolling through the wiki page of a somewhat-different Ultraman Cosmos. I think he had Luna mode down, but then there was his "Titum" form that was sorta like Corona, but not quite, then an Eclipse-esque form -Forgot if it had a different name or not - Who was firing giant golden beams and had "lots of finishers." Then there was "Solid Titum," a red-and-black form that seemed to be primarily strength-based. This one is probably going to confuse everyone the most because only a small portion of the people here really know about Ultraman.

As a spinoff of the above Girl Adol dream, that reminds me of a much older dream that was much more simple. It was like Ys VIII, with Adol running around in a field. Also there was the Vergil Chair for some reason. I think it was supposed to be a save point? I dunno, there was just a random Vergil Chair for some reason.

And because I'll need to make my insane dream-based ramblings on-topic, Girl Adol and Ultraman Cosmos Solid Titum will be promotional picks and Girl Adol will bring Random Field With The Vergil Chair as a stage.

So yeah, bottom line is that we can all agree dreams are where sanity goes on lunch break

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144

Ruby Heart: (gets mentioned)
Me:
Smug Henry.png

On another note, Fairy Leviathan is also a good pick. Yeah, she's more focused around ice but...
Big Brain Cell.jpg

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Dreams in general can be pretty weird. Last night, there was... Two separate ones actually.

The first one was... Vaguely Ys IX, but also completely different. Instead of becoming a Monstrum, now he's a girl? And the plot seemed to revolve around a castle, because we Castlevania now apparently, but you also seemed to be able to explore outside of it, so now we're Order of Ecclesia specifically. The world map seemed to cover the entire world, or at least the Eurasia region, which seemed kinda weird because A: Ys game are centered around one specific place, and B: Where does the castle fit into all this? Also there was an organization of some sorts and I remember jack%$#@ about them.

The other was me scrolling through the wiki page of a somewhat-different Ultraman Cosmos. I think he had Luna mode down, but then there was his "Titum" form that was sorta like Corona, but not quite, then an Eclipse-esque form -Forgot if it had a different name or not - Who was firing giant golden beams and had "lots of finishers." Then there was "Solid Titum," a red-and-black form that seemed to be primarily strength-based. This one is probably going to confuse everyone the most because only a small portion of the people here really know about Ultraman.

As a spinoff of the above Girl Adol dream, that reminds me of a much older dream that was much more simple. It was like Ys VIII, with Adol running around in a field. Also there was the Vergil Chair for some reason. I think it was supposed to be a save point? I dunno, there was just a random Vergil Chair for some reason.

And because I'll need to make my insane dream-based ramblings on-topic, Girl Adol and Ultraman Cosmos Solid Titum will be promotional picks and Girl Adol will bring Random Field With The Vergil Chair as a stage.

So yeah, bottom line is that we can all agree dreams are where sanity goes on lunch break
Girl Adol
Well Hyperdimension Neptunia has that corner covered

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we do get anything after this, I'm expecting at most one more bonus fighter at best but I still think that's unlikely to occur and the whole bonus thing is probably just an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom