• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This must sting for the KOS-MOS people since Namco said they didn't gauge sufficient interest to warrant re-releasing those games. But maybe one will lead to another.

Worth noting is that it does seem like Nintendo owns some part of the Baten Kaitos IP after scooping up Monolith, so they might've signed off on some of this. Though I won't know what to make of things if they are multiplatform.

Some Nintendo video games whose characters do not appear as as newcomers, assist trophies or spirits:

Warlocked
Karkurenbo Battle Monster Tactics
Tin Star
Uniracers
StarTroppics
Geist
Devil's Third
This is Doshin erasure.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Some Nintendo video games whose characters do not appear as as newcomers, assist trophies or spirits:

Warlocked
Karkurenbo Battle Monster Tactics
Tin Star
Uniracers
StarTroppics
Geist
Devil's Third
I thought Devil's Third was third party; I'm pretty sure that the online multiplayer was re-released on PC.

Though I wouldn't say no to an Ivan spirit if he is first party, just so I can picture various characters talking like this:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
ahem

Tales of Symphonia was released on the GameCube.
Nintendo doesn't develop the Tales Of series; that's the point that Trapezium was making, as far as I can tell. (Bandai-Namco is working on Smash, but I'm not sure to what extent they're involved (they don't seem to be pushing for their characters very hard, at least), and I don't think that's the same thing as including a Nintendo character from a game that wasn't released at the time that the decision was made)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

SKX31

Smash Master
Imagine what that game would've been like.
"Ridley's marble would be too big, he's never going to be playable in Super Ohajiki Bros."
"fox marble only, no items, first destination"
"wtf SOB is a party game! competitive ohajiki bros insults sakurais vision, tiers don exits"

:4pacman:

This is Doshin erasure.
Have to wonder why those two trophies never returned in subsuquent games. Was it such a flop that Nintendo never really looked back at it? If so, that would be a shame, because a Nintendo-produced God Game is a very interesting idea and - anecdotally - I kinda thought Doshin was an intriguing concept when I first stumbled across the trophies in Melee.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So on the Reimu thread it's been brought to my attention that the guy who runs the Rayman for Smash Twitter has been checking in on us, and uh...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Seems like there's some disagreements.

I can understand the first and second points, but when you start off your post with "Wow, look at all these delusional people," it doesn't give a good impression. Especially when you go out of your way to take a potshot at someone and say "My character is more iconic than yours;" Aside from the fact that "iconic" is a really subjective and hard-to-measure category, it just makes you come off as petty and spiteful.

I suppose I should've seen this coming from %$#@ing Twitter, but I can't say I'm not more than a little miffed. Maybe I assumed managing a fairly large thing like this would make you more level-headed? But ultimately, I suppose Twitter is just inherently laced with toxicity and a complete lack of respect for differing opinions. Beliefs on certain characters aside, though, I think we can all agree that this kind of behavior just makes you a jerk.

Sorry for dragging Twitter's %$#@ into here, but I kinda needed to blow off steam. If there's a moral here, I'd say it's "Stay off of Twitter Dot Com and don't act like this guy."

Also the fact that this is the second time I've seen arguments of iconicity regarding Reimu and Rayman specifically and it's kinda funny that it's happened twice.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
So on the Reimu thread it's been brought to my attention that the guy who runs the Rayman for Smash Twitter has been checking in on us, and uh...

I can understand the first and second points, but when you start off your post with "Wow, look at all these delusional people," it doesn't give a good impression. Especially when you go out of your way to take a potshot at someone and say "My character is more iconic than yours;" Aside from the fact that "iconic" is a really subjective and hard-to-measure category, it just makes you come off as petty and spiteful.

I suppose I should've seen this coming from %$#@ing Twitter, but I can't say I'm not more than a little miffed. Maybe I assumed managing a fairly large thing like this would make you more level-headed? But ultimately, I suppose Twitter is just inherently laced with toxicity and a complete lack of respect for differing opinions. Beliefs on certain characters aside, though, I think we can all agree that this kind of behavior just makes you a jerk.

Sorry for dragging Twitter's %$#@ into here, but I kinda needed to blow off steam. If there's a moral here, I'd say it's "Stay off of Twitter Dot Com and don't act like this guy."

Also the fact that this is the second time I've seen arguments of iconicity regarding Reimu and Rayman specifically and it's kinda funny that it's happened twice.
This is actually really funny, to be honest.

Especially since "that's just a small sample 💀" is so obviously just a paraphrase of "I cherry picked this information 💀".

Also the fact that they made a "Do you still use Smashboards?" poll right before, just because they saw differing opinions here. It's such a validation call that it hurts

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Who ****ing cares, this just screams "someone said something mean about my favourite character so I'll use my follower count to make me feel better about myself as this is in no way extremely petty, I could use this account for positivity surrounding my character but now I'm gonna ***** cause I lost an internet argument"

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Does that give you two nickels?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

The original tweet that this was a reply to makes me get the feeling they don't like us very much.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
After the news about Toys for Bob I am hardcore pulling for Crash right now. I know Crash still has a chance to be in the public eye going forward if they get one of their other studios to do it, but Crash in Smash would just be a solid confirmation that Crash is here to stay and, honestly, I kinda need that for the Bandicoot.
I'll be honest, When I first heard that "Toys 4 Bob" was developing "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" I was "Kind" of disappointed, Yeah I know they did a good job with "Spyro Reignited Trilogy", But seeing how "Vicarious Visions" were the ones responsible for bringing Crash back and have the most past experience with the franchise outside of "Naughty Dog", I really wanted to see their take on a original mainline game for the Crash Bandicoot franchise going forward.

But seeing their great work and style on Crash 4 (Which I have yet to play, (But will do very soon) and "Vicarious Visions" Unfortunately getting absorbed into the Blizzard side of Actvision, I really hope that Toys for Bob and Beenox remain the franchise's main studios.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
I thought Devil's Third was third party; I'm pretty sure that the online multiplayer was re-released on PC.

Though I wouldn't say no to an Ivan spirit if he is first party, just so I can picture various characters talking like this:

For Devil's Third I was wrong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The original tweet that this was a reply to makes me get the feeling they don't like us very much.

Why are you just spreading this? This **** is completely irrelevant and nobody should care yet usually when something like this happens people talk about it for a whole page or so, successfully taking the bait

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Why are you just spreading this? This **** is completely irrelevant and nobody should care yet usually when something like this happens people talk about it for a whole page or so, successfully taking the bait
I mean, the tweet's reply was already posted here anyway, it's literally one click away.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Frankly, I just hate that everyone is gonna point at these people and say "X fanbase is toxic" when it's literally just a small number of people.

That said, I can definitely see why people would be miffed over this - I've made it no secret that I've left threads of characters I support because of this ****.

But perhaps most importantly:

Stay off of Twitter Dot Com
Regardless of the situation specifics, this is the one big takeaway. That site is ******* poison.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Well, that’s pretty uncool of them all things considered. Everyone has their own opinions and some people think Rayman is likely and some think he’s not. I’m not sure why they had to go to the lengths they did. Their audience is obviously going to agree with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom