• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
One of the worst things anyone with a following can do is give a bad name to what they love, and this guy is trying pretty hard to do just that
I know people can defend what they love from others, but it is not worth sacrificing credibility or throwing away how others currently think of you to do that. It's best to ignore such things than make a big thing out of it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, with the steam successfully blown off, let's start up a new discussion. Something like... Hmm...
True but by drawing attention to it, people talk about it which is exactly what the owner wants as it's a typical "I'm hungry for attention so I'll stir the pot for no reason" tweet
Good idea. Alright, let's talk about cooking-related fighters. Who could fit the criteria, what could they do, and how can they make us crave various foods?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, with the steam successfully blown off, let's start up a new discussion. Something like... Hmm...

Good idea. Alright, let's talk about cooking-related fighters. Who could fit the criteria, what could they do, and how can they make us crave various foods?
El Fuerte as our next Street Fighter character because people seem to dislike Chun Li for some reason, his Quesadilla Bomb will actively make your stomach growl just by hearing the voice clip

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
I much prefer Smashboards to SmashFAQS, mainly because there's less backlash for saying anything. For example, if you post:
  • Moveset concepts, you'll get slammed
  • Speculation, you'll get slammed
  • Polls and questions, you'll get slammed
  • Wishlists, you'll get slammed
  • Just about anything, you'll get slammed.

I'm completely open to constructive criticism. However, a few users have made it like their raison d'etre to just say "this sucks" or bomb the "1/10" poll option without saying why.

Alright, cooking themed characters.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guy who runs that Rayman twitter and was just browsing through this thread, you know as well as anyone that most of those points were raised once or maybe twice, and were contested when they were broached. Like when was the last time anyone talked about Ezio?

Why you cherrypicking to start ****? Is that going to get you Rayman any faster?

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Grammeowster and her team of Chefs

for 1 reason only

Look at this ****

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I much prefer Smashboards to SmashFAQS, mainly because there's less backlash for saying anything. For example, if you post:
  • Moveset concepts, you'll get slammed
  • Speculation, you'll get slammed
  • Polls and questions, you'll get slammed
  • Just about anything, you'll get slammed.

I'm completely open to constructive criticism. However, a few users have made it like their raison d'etre to just say "this sucks" or bomb the "1/10" poll option without saying why.

Alright, cooking themed characters.
Game/SmashFAQs is bad, too. Those people don't seem to know what human decency is.

Guy who runs that Rayman twitter and was just browsing through this thread, you know as well as anyone that most of those points were raised once or maybe twice, and were contested when they were broached. Like when was the last time anyone talked about Ezio?

Why you cherrypicking to start ****? Is that going to get you Rayman any faster?
About the cherrypicking thing, or picking, you can't just pick one thing to make a Twitter post about and say that describes the thoughts of everyone from where the poster got it from, right?

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
So on the Reimu thread it's been brought to my attention that the guy who runs the Rayman for Smash Twitter has been checking in on us, and uh...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Seems like there's some disagreements.

I can understand the first and second points, but when you start off your post with "Wow, look at all these delusional people," it doesn't give a good impression. Especially when you go out of your way to take a potshot at someone and say "My character is more iconic than yours;" Aside from the fact that "iconic" is a really subjective and hard-to-measure category, it just makes you come off as petty and spiteful.

I suppose I should've seen this coming from %$#@ing Twitter, but I can't say I'm not more than a little miffed. Maybe I assumed managing a fairly large thing like this would make you more level-headed? But ultimately, I suppose Twitter is just inherently laced with toxicity and a complete lack of respect for differing opinions. Beliefs on certain characters aside, though, I think we can all agree that this kind of behavior just makes you a jerk.

Sorry for dragging Twitter's %$#@ into here, but I kinda needed to blow off steam. If there's a moral here, I'd say it's "Stay off of Twitter Dot Com and don't act like this guy."

Also the fact that this is the second time I've seen arguments of iconicity regarding Reimu and Rayman specifically and it's kinda funny that it's happened twice.
Clearly, Smash is only big enough for one characters whose name starts with the sounds /ɹeɪ/. :4pacman:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Cooking candidates, let's see: Cooking Mama, a Senran Kagura character (that game did have a cooking game), El Fuerte (Street Fighter), Jam Kuradoberi (Guilty Gear), Ignis Scientia (Final Fantasy 15; I think his fighting style can be done in Smash, since it did work in Opera Omnia), Chef Kawasaki (Kirby), Dragonborn (Skyrim; though it's more proficient in brewing potions and poisons than cooking), the main character from Fantasy Life, Harvest Moon Farmer

On the other hand, we do have BotW Link, Peach and Daisy, and Min Min.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Ah yes, Gaston Boucher from one of my favourite video games of all time, TimeSplitters Future Perfect. You may not be able to tell but he is a zombie and he cooks Calamari...

Gaston_Boucher.jpg

Calamari.jpg
... From Space

In fact he even has an ad campaign starring a character called Carrion Carcass

Timesplitters_3_ChinesePoster.png

So yeah that'd be my first choice.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
About the cherrypicking thing, or picking, you can't just pick one thing to make a Twitter post about and say that describes the thoughts of everyone from where the poster got it from, right?
I mean it was clearly done to cast this thread in a negative light, because not only have positive things also been said about Rayman in here but as a place that isn't an echo chamber, you're going to see negative points raised about any given character. And some of that dissent will be well reasoned, and some of it won't be.

But taking arguments that have been made maybe once and attributing to the whole thread is obviously not done to paint an even-handed picture.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Another thing for the cooking characters topic: Has there ever been a horror game that involves a murderous butcher? If so, I'd be interested in seeing that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean it was clearly done to cast this thread in a negative light, because not only have positive things also been said about Rayman in here but as a place that isn't an echo chamber, you're going to see negative points raised about any given character. And some of that dissent will be well reasoned, and some of it won't be.

But taking arguments that have been made maybe once and attributing to the whole thread is obviously not done to paint an even-handed picture.
Why can't people seem to see the positive side of things more than negative? That is what most seem to do these days, maybe for a long time.

There are going to be negative points, of course. That doesn't mean those like the one with the Rayman for Smash Twitter account should go around making tweets like that. What if there was something positive said about Rayman? It is not like that has not been said here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ah yes, Gaston Boucher from one of my favourite video games of all time, TimeSplitters Future Perfect. You may not be able to tell but he is a zombie and he cooks Calamari...

View attachment 314315

View attachment 314317
... From Space

In fact he even has an ad campaign starring a character called Carrion Carcass

So yeah that'd be my first choice.
I swear, you manage to tie random ass tangents to Timesplitters constantly in such a way that you never cease to impress, if the games were on Steam I'd have bought them ages ago solely because you make it out to be dumb **** in a good way

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Not even if they tone down the gore to zero?
I mean, probably not, if they ever included a horror character they would probably include the hero, not the slasher killer, like how all our other M-Rated characters were protagonists.

And I especially don't think they would include a character that practices cannibalism (as you implied by the murderous butcher in response to a game about cooking).

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
I mean, probably not, I don't think they would ever allow a character that practices cannibalism in Smash.
Huh, I never thought about the cannibalism, though I should have realized that a horror game butcher would do that. On the other hand, we've seen plenty of fan rules and the like get broken time and time again; maybe Sakurai could surprise us with a cannibalistic butcher fighter in a future Smash game?

Well there are these guys from Little Nightmares. They are legit scary to me.
View attachment 314325
Interesting choice; it inspired me to look at their article on the Little Nightmares wiki. I will admit, however, that Sakurai might see the Twin Chefs as too scary for good boys and girls (like how he viewed Marx before his creepiness got toned down).

SharkLord

Smash Hero
On the other hand, we've seen plenty of fan rules and the like get broken time and time again; maybe Sakurai could surprise us with a cannibalistic butcher fighter in a future Smash game?
I just find this line really funny because of just how oddly specific a cannibalistic butcher fighter is in terms of firsts

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If the games were on Steam I'd have bought them ages ago.
That's what I've been saying for years but Deep Silver are like "We're trying to find ways to bring the series back" like dudes you have the wacky characters, you have the amazingly customisable multiplayer and the amazing maps! I die inside everytime they something dumb and this has been going on since Crytek had them.

Mario sorrow.jpg

It's not fair.

D

Deleted member

A general rule of thumb for social media is to block liberally and not read comments, doubly so with bigger posts/accounts. Otherwise you’re just asking for a bad time.

A cooking character? Cooking Mama already got brought up so I’ll go with Overcooked. There’s lots of skins to choose from for chef costumes and the game’s hectic nature would lend itself towards a fighting game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's what I've been saying for years but Deep Silver are like "We're trying to find ways to bring the series back" like dudes you have the wacky characters, you have the amazingly customisable multiplayer and the amazing maps! I die inside everytime they something dumb and this has been going on since Crytek had them.

View attachment 314329

It's not fair.
Timesplitters hasn't seen the light of day since 2005 right? Meanwhile Deep Silver's gotten in Deep **** with Ride to Hell Retribution and Mighty No. 9, hereby we can conclude that this is because they stopped supporting Timesplitters

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, we can at least agree on something.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I know this tweet is from 2020 and while support threads are cool (I usually visit some of them) this mindset kinda screams to me as
"Better stick with support threads where I won't have to read negative things about my most wanteds"

Which is okay, but I definitely find more interesting to talk and debate in a more neutral environment.

Support threads are obviously great to gather fans, talk about the series they like, comment about more specific things about the character they want that might feel out of place in this thread, and so on, but for me that's it.

I find a lot more interesting to discuss things with other people with different tastes and preferences. That doesn't mean this thread is perfect, sometimes it's kinda tiring because certain subjects are repeated a lot, but still, I'd still pick this thread over any other support thread first if I had to choose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom