• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, if you guys had to choose one stage to bring back from any of the previous 5 Smash Games as a Bonus to fill up the Three Missing Stage Slots, which ones would they be?
Melee Mute City remastered, and add some GX music with it
As for the other two... Orbital Gate (idc how hard it is just do it) and uhhhhhhh idk what else

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, if you guys had to choose one stage to bring back from any of the previous 5 Smash Games as a Bonus to fill up the Three Missing Stage Slots, which ones would they be?
Pac Maze because Pac Land is **** and it's ridiculous that they cut out the stage that represents Pac Man the best instead of the abomination one. Also I need my Rainbow Road back and for the third one, Poke Floats. I think that would make for the perfect stage roster, barring Jungle Hijinx, Orbital Gate Assault, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Eh... I feel a little better about Pac-land now that I've learned it helped influence and pave the way for other 2d platformers like the original Super Mario Bros.
For me it’s less about disliking the Pac-Land representation and moreso being frustrated that it was prioritized over one of the most iconic locations in video game history. Would be nothing wrong with simply giving Pac-Man two stages.

Granted Pac-Maze was obviously cut because of the 3DS gimmick or whatever, but we got freaking Golden Plains back so there’s really no good excuse.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Aw man, I missed the EarthBound/Mother talk...

I guess I’ll still throw in my late 2 cents. I think that with certain tweaks to his design, you can make Ninten look different enough from Ness to be an echo/semi-clone.

For the sake of discussion, let’s go with a semi-clone route. Ninten’s arsenal in EarthBound Beginnings is entirely healing and assist based. He has no offensive PSI, that’s Ana’s job. So he would obviously need to take an attack or two from her and/or Ness’ moveset. From EarthBound Beginnings, he could utilize PK Beam, 4th-D Slip (basically Mewtwo’s Teleport I’d assume), Boomerangs, and maybe a Down-B that gives a temporary buff to him (offense, defense, speed, or even a PSI shield). And obviously most other offensive PSI from Beginnings is already represented in either Ness’ or Lucas’ moveset, so he could borrow some of that. I think there’s enough potential for a semi-clone, though he would likely be an echo.

As for other characters from the series that could appear before him, I would rather have Porky, as he’s a primary antagonist and appears in more games from the series than Ninten. Also, Porky probably has more interesting moveset potential/variety when compared to the current playable EarthBound characters. In the end, I wouldn’t mind which of the 2 characters get in since it’s more EarthBound representation, but I think the potential of other characters from the series is more intriguing than Ninten. But if you need to have playable representation for all 3 games, you can probably make Ninten into a semi-clone at best to fulfill that.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Pac-Maze

Litterally one of the most iconic locales in gaming, and it feels kinda odd not having it in some capacity

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yaaaaa, gonna need to go with the majority here. Let’s get Pac-Maze back. Better yet, let’s get Pac-Maze back, remove Pac-Land, and then we still have another slot to fill to bring back another stage.

Or we could just use that new slot to finally give R.O.B. a proper home stage.

SKX31

Smash Master
And just forget the industry innovation that was Ultimate Ronaldinho Soccer 64 for Nintendo 64? :4pacman:I'm pretty sure that game was a bootleg.
It is a bootleg, of International Superstar Soccer 64 (original intro here). Said bootleg slapped Ronaldo (the Brazilian one, also known as "il Fenomeno" by the Italian press. Not Christiano Ronaldo, who's Portoguese and was around 13 when the game and bootleg came out) onto the title screen - him in the Inter Milan shirt and him in the Brazillian kit - changed the announcer to Portuguese (with some Spanish words thrown in) and called it a day. Ronaldo was in his prime when the bootleg released in February '98, so that's why the bootleg makers chose him. (Sidenote: The convulsive fit he suffered six hours before the World Cup Final that year spawned conspiracy theories involving Nike the shoewear company. Not kidding, the whole thing was nuts. He did lead the Brazillians to victory four years later, though.)

Still though, that announcer is a thing of beauty.

Reminder we're 50 days away from E3.

Leaks should probably be coming up sometime in May.
So in other words, Nintendo's plumbing is old and rusty? I mean, they should hire some plumbers ASAP and fix the leaky pipes of the Information Superhighway. If only they had some plumbers...:4pacman:

For me it’s less about disliking the Pac-Land representation and moreso being frustrated that it was prioritized over one of the most iconic locations in video game history. Would be nothing wrong with simply giving Pac-Man two stages.

Granted Pac-Maze was obviously cut because of the 3DS gimmick or whatever, but we got freaking Golden Plains back so there’s really no good excuse.
Besides that though, Pac-Land is one of the very few stages I have turned off in casual rulesets for a reason.

It feels like Sakurai and co. designed Pac-Land as this giant tour, but included some really annoying obstacles to force people to jump a lot. And it's a horizontal autoscroller too, which just adds even more annoyance and incentive to camp blastzones.

So yeah, please bring back Pac Maze.

Kraid don't even have wings...
He'll use a jetpack :4pacman:
How would Kraid F-Air though?

:4pacman: (Semi-serious question, couldn't resist the dad joke.)

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ

Yea I agree. We should've gotten both.

That's interesting though, what 3DS gimmick are you referring to? I remember people saying it was removed due to Stage Morph, but I don't really see why it would have a problem with that.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Yea I agree. We should've gotten both.

That's interesting though, what 3DS gimmick are you referring to? I remember people saying it was removed due to Stage Morph, but I don't really see why it would have a problem with that.
Power Pellets only made the Ghosts scared on your screen. Best workaround is to make them the color of the character slot, as well as a PAC-MAN Icon when you grab a Power Pellet. Honestly, I could seriously think about how to best implement every cut stage back into Ultimate in all honesty.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Wanna see the most asinine echo roster list?
No?
Too bad, feast your eyes upon this monstrosity.

Okay, here's my take on the challenge of giving as many non-echo characters (that don't already have echoes) as I can an echo of their own:

:ultbayonetta: Jeanne
:ultbowser: Dry Bowser (though I did come up with an idea of Bowletta as a Bowser echo, I'm pretty sure his/her (I use those pronouns specifically because I consider Bowletta a hermaphrodite, due to being a fusion of a male creature and a female creature) facial structure/skeleton is too different from Bowser's to be viable as an echo)
:ultbowserjr: Koopa Kid
:ultfalcon: Black Shadow
:ultcloud: Zack Fair
:ultcorrin: Kana (its child)
:ultdiddy: Dixie Kong
:ultdk: Funky Kong
:ultfox: Krystal
:ultganondorf: Demise
:ultike: Priam
:ultinkling: Octoling
:ultjigglypuff: Igglybuff
:ultlink: CD-i Link
:ultlucario: Mega Lucario
:ultlucas: Masked Man
:ultluigi: Gooigi
:ultmario: Sports Mario
:ultmegaman: Proto Man
:ultmetaknight: Galacta Knight
:ultmewtwo: Mega Mewtwo X
:ultminmin Ninjara
:ultness: Ninten
:ultolimar: Alph
:ultpacman: Toc-Man
:ultpalutena: Medusa
:ultpikachu: Surfing Pikachu
:ultsquirtle: Wartortle
:ultivysaur: Bulbasaur
:ultcharizard: Mega Charizard X (could be given something similar to the Pichu treatment, where it deals more damage, but at the cost of its own attacks damaging itself, referencing the Pokedex entries of Mega Evolutions that claim Mega Evolving causes the transforming Pokemon pain/harm)
:ultridley: Mecha-Ridley
:ultrobin: Morgan (its child)
:ultsheik: Impa
:ultsnake: Big Boss
:ultsonic: Shadow
:ult_terry: Fatal Cutie Terry
:ultwario: Vampire Wario
:ultwiifittrainer: Ring Fit Trainee
:ultwolf: Panther
:ultyoshi: Yarn Yoshi

P.S. The reason I didn't include echoes for Pythra is because Mythra is practically an echo of Pyra.

I pick Pyrosphere, especially if it'd also come with its Ridley stage boss. My other two picks would be Pac-Maze and Meta Crystal.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Poke Floats, Pac-Maze, Rainbow Road.

Okay, here's my take on the challenge of giving as many non-echo characters (that don't already have echoes) as I can an echo of their own:
Here's all the Echoes I want to see:

:ultness: - Ninten
:ultfalcon:- Black Shadow
:ultsheik: - Impa
:ultmetaknight: - Galacta Knight
:ultsnake: - Liquid Snake
:ultike: - Black Knight
:ultpokemontrainer: - Charizard
:ultdiddy: - Dixie Kong
:ultsonic: - Shadow
:ultmegaman: - Bass
:ultcloud: - Zack
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne
:ultinkling: - Octolings

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Poke Floats, Pac-Maze, Rainbow Road.

Here's all the Echoes I want to see:

:ultness: - Ninten
:ultfalcon:- Black Shadow
:ultmetaknight: - Galacta Knight
:ultsnake: - Liquid Snake
:ultike: - Black Knight
:ultpokemontrainer: - Charizard
:ultdiddy: - Dixie Kong
:ultsonic: - Shadow
:ultmegaman: - Bass
:ultcloud: - Zack
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne
:ultinkling: - Octolings
Speaking of Black Knight, should he have both the Black Knight and Zelgius as alternate costumes?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Planet Zebes from Smash 64, one of my favorite stages in the series and I love how chaotic fights can get here (yes we got brinstar but its just not the same for me.)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Well, here's mine:

:ultlink:= Hero's Shade
:ultyounglink:= Link from the top down Zelda games (preferably the original)
:ultcorrin:= Azura (her spear is a good substitute for Corrin's lance)
:ultbowser:= Midbus
:ultjigglypuff:= Drifblim

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy North American Birthday to Smash 64!

D

Deleted member

Or they can torture us with another guessing game...
eh, I would honestly be fine with them doing something like that again. Well, except for the part that it kinda destroys speculation since we already would know what series the next character is from, which gets boring fast. So it's kinda a half good, half bad thing.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Reminder we're 50 days away from E3.

Leaks should probably be coming up sometime in May.
We’ll see if anything happens for Smash. Nintendo’s had things on lockdown since Banjo. No leakers talked about Terry until the SNK leak from Nintendo theirselves.

Hell, no one backed up Steve & Sephiroth for FP2 despite their names being all around the leaker sphere in 2018.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay, here's my take on the challenge of giving as many non-echo characters (that don't already have echoes) as I can an echo of their own
:ultolimar: - :ultalph:
:ultlucas: - Paula
:ultike: - Priam
:ultsonic: - Shadow as a Ken/Chrom-like Echo
:ultmegaman: - Roll
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy: - Octolings
:ultminmin - Ninjara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom