• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Oh. It just does it on it's own?

Hmm, so it does. Thanks!

Personally, if I was going to have a Mega Man fighting game, I'd go with the X series. The Mavericks are just more interesting visually and movesetwise than the Robot Masters.
The two series that would likely be the best for a Fighting Game would be between the Mega Man X and the Mega Man Battle Network series. I'd personally go with the Mega Man Zero series, since, like Battle Network, we get to know those characters and they have fun looking attacks and abilities, but there's no way they'd choose that when they barely even acknowledge it as is.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
The Combo Pass:

1. Dante
2. 2B
3. Invoker (Dota 2)
4. Yuri Lowell
5. Ghirahim
6. Reimu
Since you mentioned Invoker, I wanna say that after Dragon's Blood, I am now all in on Invoker as a potential Dota 2 rep (For real, it takes some serious writing skill to turn him into a sympathetic villain and make it work). I can already imagine his hypothetical reveal trailer being titled "So begins a new age of knowledge".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Pretty weird of Nintendo to actively screw over their PAL userbase by including a character from a game that isn't officially available in their region

And yeah I know :ultness::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultroy:, but those were a long time ago.
Yeah. I don't think that Euden is ever getting into Smash unless a Dragalia Lost game is made for the Switch without any gacha elements whatsoever, allowing the series to exist on the European market.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Pretty weird of Nintendo to actively screw over their PAL userbase by including a character from a game that isn't officially available in their region

And yeah I know :ultness::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultroy:, but those were a long time ago.
They included another Fire Emblem character as DLC, something that NONE of their playerbases wanted.

I don't think they particularly care.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They included another Fire Emblem character as DLC, something that NONE of their playerbases wanted.

Except they don't want to tell players in their third biggest market that they would either have to move or resort to illegal methods in order to play the source game that the new fighter came from.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Said Fire Emblem character is still from a game with a proper worldwide release.

Literally every single Smash newcomer post-Brawl is from a game that's been released in all regions, and I think it's going to stay that way.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Said Fire Emblem character is still from a game with a proper worldwide release.

Literally every single Smash newcomer post-Brawl is from a game that's been released in all regions, and I think it's going to stay that way.
And even then, most of the non-worldwide newcomers were special cases. Marth and Roy were originally planned to only be in the Japanese release of Melee, only staying because international playtesters liked them. When Lucas was added Sakurai expected Mother 3 to be localized. By the time he found out that it wasn't it was much too late to remove him. Sakurai would later confirm that Lucas never would have been playable in the first place had he known beforehand that Mother 3 was not going to be released outside of Japan.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
And even then, most of the non-worldwide newcomers were special cases. Marth and Roy were originally planned to only be in the Japanese release of Melee, only staying because international playtesters liked them. When Lucas was added Sakurai expected Mother 3 to be localized. By the time he found out that it wasn't it was much too late to remove him. Sakurai would later confirm that Lucas never would have been playable in the first place had he known beforehand that Mother 3 was not going to be released outside of Japan.
There's also Ness in Smash 64, as Earthbound hadn't been released in PAL regions until the advent of the Wii U Virtual Console.

But I think that was because Smash 64 was like, a really low budget game that was supposed to be Japan exclusive at one point. But Smash has grown into this mega massive franchise and I'd imagine Sakurai/Nintendo now want to include characters with widespread reach/availability.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Except they don't want to tell players in their third biggest market that they would either have to move or resort to illegal methods in order to play the source game that the new fighter came from.
Err downloading an APK from a source other than the play store isn't illegal, otherwise Samsung would've patched that out from all their devices a long time ago.

I dunno why you're all hung up on the EU issue when anyone worth their salt will be able to get the game either way and it'll still work regardless of the region, I mean **** I couldn't download FGO from the play store but I still got it from APKpure, a third party app that offers you the games that aren't available to you on the play store. Mobile games aren't like console games, you don't need a regional account to download a specific game and whatnot, just having the files on a mobile device is enough to get it to work.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I wonder why Dragalia Lost is not availible in Europe. I thought it was a Nintendo thing since Fire Emblem Heroes is very much availible so I thought it couldn’t be the gacha elements.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
To me, the problem with Euden or Dragalia Lost, in general, isn't that adding a character from a game that isn't available in a region would be seen a "disrespectful" or whatever... is that if Nintendo doesn't want to put the effort to localize the game for the European market, why would they suddenly care enough to push the game by adding its main character in Smash?

And yes, maybe that kind of decision doesn't fall entirely on the main branch: maybe NoE didn't want to have the time to localize the game, or maybe they didn't want to get around the "anti-gacha" laws, but... idk if something like Genshin Impact can release here without any problem then those laws are something that can be dealt with.
Also, they don't necessarily have to give it a FIGS localization, they could have just released the game in English like they are doing with the FamiTan remakes.

And I get that someone could argue that they still care enough about the game to some crossover events with Capcom to with P5 Strikers but I think it should be noted that Persona 5 has collaborated with many mobile games and that Capcom is notoriously easy to work (something something Ryu was in that Family Guy flash game).
Like they are nothing to sneeze act but they aren't exactly groundbreaking deals, and we still have to acknowledge that outside of those rare events the game has been less than a blip on the radar.

Ultimately I don't think us getting DL contents in Smash is impossible but I definitely won't be surprised if it doesn't even get a Spirit event.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
So E3's pretty much the next destination for the Challenger Pack 10 reveal at this rate?
With Nintendo publicly coming back to E3 this year, I think we are in for a lot of huge news. BotW Sequel, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, and Splatoon 3, and that’s just the things we have prior knowledge of.

I think a huge Smash reveal isn’t too far fetched. Personally, I am hoping for Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I know we already have Sephiroth, but I won’t give up hope until Fighter Pass Vol. 2 is done.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I had a slightly cursed idea: what if Solgaleo was in Ultimate instead of :ultincineroar:?
Well I'd be maining a different fire cat. Though maybe I wouldn't also have Joker and Sonic as co-mains, since I started playing both for their being really good in addition to doing well in the Wario MU. Would depend on if Solgaleo at least went even with Wario/was a more viable character than Incin. I'd also have a Solgaleo Amiibo, which would be pretty lit! While I do like Incin more than Solgaleo, I like Solgaleo a lot too, so I wouldn't mind this trade.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
With Nintendo publicly coming back to E3 this year, I think we are in for a lot of huge news. BotW Sequel, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, and Splatoon 3, and that’s just the things we have prior knowledge of.

I think a huge Smash reveal isn’t too far fetched. Personally, I am hoping for Sora from Kingdom Hearts. I know we already have Sephiroth, but I won’t give up hope until Fighter Pass Vol. 2 is done.
A bit random, but will SMT3HD be out by then? If so, I wouldn't be too surprised if SMT5 got a spotlight of some kind.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Gambling laws
Yeah, pretty much this. I'd imagine Nintendo would want to localize Dragalia over in Europe, but they legally can't, unless they're willing to basically remake a large chunk of the game to remove the gacha elements (Or maybe not that much, I'm not sure if it lets it slide without microtransactions or if any gachas will set them off).

Dragalia isn't quite a new breadwinner for Nintendo, but I like to keep as many doors open as possible. It's still an actively-updated game available in two major regions, rather than a retro game that hadn't left Japan for the longest time (Re: Takamaru). Seeing as we got something as overlooked as ARMS, I'm willing to loosen my restrictions. Might not pay off, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Technomage

Smash Champion
So, which games who haven't got a spirit event yet you guys think could have a character in FP2?

My bets: Euden (Dracalia Lost), Lloyd or another protag (Tales) and Dante (DMC).
Characters whose series hasn't had a Spirit Event yet:

Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell (or maybe even a 0.000000000000001% chance we could get both)
Crash Bandicoot
Nightmare from Soulcalibur
Morrigan Aensland
Freddy Fazbear
Jin Kazama (would have added Heihachi instead, but he has a Mii costume)
Sora
Agumon
Dante
Arle
Any of the main protagonists from the other Final Fantasy games
Rayman
Ezio Auditore
Matthew (Isaac's son from Golden Sun, no pun intended)

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell (or maybe even a 0.000000000000001% chance we could get both)
Crash Bandicoot
Morrigan Aensland
Freddy Fazbear
Puyo Puyo is still lacking a Puyo Puyo 2 Spirit event, as well as any Spirits in Smash period.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on IMO.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Puyo Puyo is still lacking a Puyo Puyo 2 Spirit event, as well as any Spirits in Smash period.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on IMO.
Ah, I completely forgot Puyo; going back to add Arle.

cothero

Smash Lord

Crash Bandicoot
Morrigan Aensland
Freddy Fazbear
Jin Kazama (would have added Heihachi instead, but he has a Mii costume)
Sora
Agumon
Dante
Arle
Any of the main protagonists from the other Final Fantasy games
Yeah. i forgot that Dante/a Capcom rep seems pretty unrealistic at this point considered all the Capcom mii costumes released with Pythra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom