• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Probably not very likely though.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think we could be pleasantly surprised like the last two times, but an E3 reveal for CP10 is more likely.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Another overlooked Sega character that could happen, this girl right here:

View attachment 310175

Sakura is even more overlooked as a character than Terry was, and she could be that kind of "OMG NO ONE PREDICTED THAT" type of character in this pass.
I do think people are slightly sleeping on her. Sakura Wars is pretty big in Japan and the first Sakura Wars has some historical value as it was an ambitious game for its time. I do get why people are hesitant towards her, her international obscurity does hurt her quite a bit but considering some of the games including the most recent one got localized, I don't think it's a death knell like some people think. I'd probably put her chances at around a 10%, she does have some obstacles but she has enough merits to where I could see her feasibly making it in.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don’t think Orchid even counts as a secondary mascot because Spinal, Jago, Sabrewulf, and even Cinder has shown up in a lot more promotional material than she. There’s no doubt that Fulgore is the most iconic though.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Another overlooked Sega character that could happen, this girl right here:

View attachment 310175

Sakura is even more overlooked as a character than Terry was, and she could be that kind of "OMG NO ONE PREDICTED THAT" type of character in this pass.
I don't know if she's being overlooked, personally. Sakura Wars is very very obscure in the West, and she's facing some pretty heavy competition considering she's owned by SEGA.

And yeah yeah, anime girl with a sword. I'd be totally down for her though. Feels weird that the only Japanese sword wielder we have is Sephiroth, who doesn't really scratch that itch.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
“Sakura is never talked about and is always overlooked!”

*is literally talked about at least every other week

I don’t think she’s as overlooked as Terry was. I’m all for her but it’s not like she’s the most dark horse character we could get. That’d be more in line with someone like Bill & Lance or Ezio whom are never talked about and are considered disconfirmed.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wait it was a dog all this time?!
Yes and no.

Short Answer: It's a species I made up, but the forms it takes are existing animals distilled into their simplest recognizable forms, and this is the dog variant. They will probably show up within the first few games I end up making (though, SMAAASH!! Puppy itself will almost certainly remain in SmashBoards and the Mega Man Maker forums 'till the end of time).

I don’t think Orchid even counts as a secondary mascot because Spinal, Jago, Sabrewulf, and even Cinder has shown up in a lot more promotional material than she. There’s no doubt that Fulgore is the most iconic though.
Honestly, even after seeing some Killer Instinct stuff (Max's videos mostly), I can't put a face to Orchid's name. Unless she's one of those possessed ladies, but I'm pretty sure one of them is named Hisako, and the other is named something similarly Japanese.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I keep hearing conflicting statemrnts on her, so I'll just add her to the "wait and see" pile.
That sounds about right. Sakura's in a really polarizing situation; Absolutely humongous in Japan, extremely niche in the West. They're at least making an attempt to expand to the West as of late-Plus some anime, manga, and Project X Zone, which at least counts for something. Still, if they get added, they would have to be a Japan-appeal character. Y'know how Touhou's situation is awkwardly slanted? Sakura Wars is pretty much that except both the pros and cons are on steroids.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sega doesn't remember a lot of their games. Trust me on that one. I'm a Billy Hatcher fan.
At least Billy got to show up in All-Stars Racing (only to get inexplicably removed in the sequel but still)

Vectorman couldn't even appear in a racing game where transforming vehicles are a thing, something that's literally one of his abilities

SharkLord

Smash Hero
“Sakura is never talked about and is always overlooked!”

*is literally talked about at least every other week

I don’t think she’s as overlooked as Terry was. I’m all for her but it’s not like she’s the most dark horse character we could get. That’d be more in line with someone like Bill & Lance or Ezio whom are never talked about and are considered disconfirmed.
Sakura? Every other week? Dunno about you, but I don't really see her that much. I'd agree with you if it were Reimu, who gets tons of discussion because of her unique situation that nobody can agree on, but Sakura just doesn't get much discussion around her. And from what I remember, whenever she did get discussion, she was often brushed aside for her Japan-centric nature anyway.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Sakura gets mentioned with certain frequency, but being mentioned and being discussed are two different things.
I personally don't care a lot about her but most of times when someone talks about Sakura it doesn't take too much time for others to dismiss her for being very niche in the West and that's usually it.

So I'd say that yeah, she isn't really discussed. She is regularly mentioned as I said, but discussed? Not much as far as I can remember.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Sakura gets mentioned with certain frequency, but being mentioned and being discussed are two different things.
I personally don't care a lot about her but most of times when someone talks about Sakura it doesn't take too much time for others to dismiss her for being very niche in the West and that's usually it.

So I'd say that yeah, she isn't really discussed. She is regularly mentioned as I said, but discussed? Not much as far as I can remember.
Yeah, the expected supporters tend to mention her in all the "fun forum game lists," but we haven't really done any actual discussion in like...

Actually, I'm not sure when we actually discussed her at length. Time just feels compressed in lockdown.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
For real, I can't see us getting a newcomer reveal tommorow. I could, however... oh god no. not again.
Nintendo: Bet you can't guess the correct regi-
SmashBoards: It's from Sinnoh or Galar, but probably Sinnoh.
Nintendo: I um...well, I bet you can't guess what kind of Pok-
SmashBoards: It's a starter, or Garchomp, maybe with Cynthia as an extra detail.
Nintendo: ... Now listen here you little-
Also Nintendo: We don't use that kind of language here Intern-Kun. readies gun

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Jeff Grubb is clearly hinting at a Switch remake of Mario’s Game Gallery which includes Go Fish.

Mario from Mario Teaches Typing will also be joining Smash.
Apparently today is the anniversary of Hotel Mario’s release, which is funny, because I was thinking of that, too.

That’s right everyone, Hotel Mario is about to toast toast and pinch his way into Smash! But not before the seven Koopa Hotels in all their glory bring a light to the Switch!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Yeah, the expected supporters tend to mention her in all the "fun forum game lists," but we haven't really done any actual discussion in like...

Actually, I'm not sure when we actually discussed her at length. Time just feels compressed in lockdown.
I want to discuss Sakura more but since she is obscure it's hard to keep a discussion going without people immediately dismissing her.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
For real, I can't see us getting a newcomer reveal tommorow. I could, however... oh god no. not again.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Plot Twist, it's from none of those, instead we get Shadow Lugia as an Orre representative to represent our first spin off exclusive Pokemon!

File:249Lugia-Shadow XD 2.png

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Niche character = LiTERELEY wHO!? nICHE bAD!
(Am I right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom