• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
As far as DKC content in Ultimate, quite frankly the music selection and offering of stages could still be loads better. Even with K Rool's inclusion its a franchise that really use greater focus beyond the Jungle Japes/DKC1 emphasis, and Dixie feels like a great avenue for that.

In regards to Rhythm Heaven and Style Savvy, both feel like the more modest Nintendo franchises that really don't have much of a home now that the less expensive first party market that the 3DS was faded away. There's a potential future for them as digital only titles getting once in a blue moon physical releases, but then you can say that for a lot of inactive Nintendo IP's. There's no reason the aforementioned series can't continue as eshop exclusives alongside a new Advance Wars or Pushmo, and yet we don't have any of them.
the thing is both are bigger than pushmo or advance wars (now), they are similar sized to pikmin however their best sellers were on the DS, though if any console could bring them back into the limelight it would be the switch.

Both will probably come around to the switch eventually, we know that syn sophia is making a new style savvy, and rhythm heaven had basically everyone involved get busy with something else, distracted or in the case of tsunku get cancer so yeah there's no new release on the horizon but i could see it being a 2022-2023 title.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I will say that if they ever do add Team Rocket, they'd better have one of their taunts be their motto, complete with changing the music. Bonus points if they use all of the mottos from throughout the show's run (I believe there are three of them since Diamond & Pearl and Black & White changed it up).

Extra bonus points if they slightly changed the intro to the later mottos against certain opponents, but that's getting into unnecessary territory. Still though, some variations like this:

"Listen, is that a voice I hear?"
"When they never speak it's really unclear."

Would be gold.
Meowth & Team Rocket's entrance would be perfect for the Team Rocket motto.

If it's Meowth & Ekans, then Jessie says "Prepare for trouble!" and summons Ekans as she and James jump down from the Meowth Balloon while Meowth leaps to the stage and yells "Meowth! That's right!" as he joins Ekans.

If it's Meowth & Koffing, then James says "Make it double!" and summons Koffing as he and Jessie jump down from the Meowth Balloon while Meowth leaps to the stage and yells "Meowth! That's right!" as he joins Koffing.

Palutena's Guidance could maybe parody the motto like in the Ditto episode where Palutena and Pit have fun saying the motto, making Jessie and James mad at them.

One of their victory poses could have them reciting the whole motto from beginning to end, complete with cinematics.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Megamix works as a good finale for the RH series, but if the creators still show interest then I don't see why it should be called dead. The fanbase is still very active and the games tend to release kind of late in the lifespan of their respective consoles. That said, I wouldn't be expecting a new entry anytime soon.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
POTD.
Turns out :ultmario: survived his execution, but he kinda let himself go.
Also:
Turns out Sakurai made a post with comments disabled.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Also:
Turns out Sakurai made a post with comments disabled.
Smart. Sakurai Post comment sections are solid contenders for "Consistently the least funny place on the internet."

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Palutena's Guidance could maybe parody the motto like in the Ditto episode where Palutena and Pit have fun saying the motto, making Jessie and James mad at them.
Even if Jessie and James aren't involved, Pit and Palutena reciting the motto would be comedy gold.
:ultpit:Lady Palutena. We should do the thing!
Viridi: Pit. You have way more pressing things to-
:ultpit:Prepare for trouble!
:ultpalutena:And make it double trouble!
:ultpit:To protect the world from devastation!
:ultpalutena:To ignite all peoples within our nation.
Viridi: Ugh! You're not even saying it right.
:ultpit:To denounce the evils of truth and love!
:ultpalutena:To extend our reach to the heavens above.
:ultpit:Pit!
:ultpalutena:Palutena.
:ultpit:The Power of Flight takes off at the speed of light!
:ultpalutena:Surrender now or prepare for plight!
Viridi: sigh... Viridi. That's right.

Meanwhile in the Codex Conversation:

Snake: What? How did you get this frequency?!?
Jessie: A twerpish question indeed.
James: We'll answer those questions when we feel the need.
Snake: Ugh. They really need to make this line more secure. hangs up
Jessie: Hey, don't you hang up on us! Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
Well, if you'll excuse me, I suddenly feel sick...
that's the tame stuff lol, what a sad way to ruin a blender.

EDIT: they can atleast entertain (not well), there's channels that just.... do nothing for 10 minutes and get millions of views for some reason, there's clearly (questionable) effort put into their video. there is far, far worse.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I always wondered if there was an archive of all the different April Fools Avatars that a user could have gotten after the event concludes. (Like for example, all the different Reggie avatars from Reggieboards, all the different Crash avatars from Crashboards, and all the different Dragon Ball avatars from today).

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
In regards to Rhythm Heaven and Style Savvy, both feel like the more modest Nintendo franchises that really don't have much of a home now that the less expensive first party market that the 3DS was faded away. There's a potential future for them as digital only titles getting once in a blue moon physical releases, but then you can say that for a lot of inactive Nintendo IP's. There's no reason the aforementioned series can't continue as eshop exclusives alongside a new Advance Wars or Pushmo, and yet we don't have any of them.
I think that Style savvy as a lot of potential for a bigger games. Animal crossing really show that there's a public for this type of games. I could see a Style savvy that focus more on creating design with way more liberty and sharing them online having a relatively big success on Switch. At the very least they could always port the 3ds games on Switch for a "smaller" price (smaller for Nintendo standard like they did with Miitopia).

On the other hand, I think Rhythm heaven will never be extremely successful. Sure, it could probably be bigger than where it is right now, but rhythm games are still pretty niche (they are some exceptions like Guitar hero, Just dance and Beat saber but most of the time you don't see rhythm games selling that much outside of Japan). Again, they could just try to port Megamix, but I don't think it would be really successful if there's no good advertising and no physical release.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Android 21 originated from a video game

Therefore Android 21 is eligible for Super Smash Br
The last two characters are Android 21 and Kyle Katarn. Characters from non-video game franchises that debuted in video games. Never ask me for anything ever again.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I, for one, believe Omega Shenron is a hard lock. Sure, Raditz is Goku's brother, but let's be honest, when was the last time he was relevant? Omega Shenron is one of the most iconic villains from GT, he has to make it in.

... Smash Bros? Crash Bandicoot? What are you talking about? This is a DBFZ forum.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I, for one, believe Omega Shenron is a hard lock. Sure, Raditz is Goku's brother, but let's be honest, when was the last time he was relevant? Omega Shenron is one of the most iconic villains from GT, he has to make it in.

... Smash Bros? Crash Bandicoot? What are you talking about? This is a DBFZ forum.
I think the 5 most likely are Super Buu, Uub, Top, Omega Shenron and Luffy as a surprise guest character.

Raditz is lame.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even if Jessie and James aren't involved, Pit and Palutena reciting the motto would be comedy gold.
:ultpit:Lady Palutena. We should do the thing!
Viridi: Pit. You have way more pressing things to-
:ultpit:Prepare for trouble!
:ultpalutena:And make it double trouble!
:ultpit:To protect the world from devastation!
:ultpalutena:To ignite all peoples within our nation.
Viridi: Ugh! You're not even saying it right.
:ultpit:To denounce the evils of truth and love!
:ultpalutena:To extend our reach to the heavens above.
:ultpit:Pit!
:ultpalutena:Palutena.
:ultpit:The Power of Flight takes off at the speed of light!
:ultpalutena:Surrender now or prepare for plight!
Viridi: sigh... Viridi. That's right.

Meanwhile in the Codex Conversation:

Snake: What? How did you get this frequency?!?
Jessie: A twerpish question indeed.
James: We'll answer those questions when we feel the need.
Snake: Ugh. They really need to make this line more secure. hangs up
Jessie: Hey, don't you hang up on us! Snake! Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!
Thanks for the laugh. It really is comedy gold when I read it and picture their poses as they say each line.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
i have to memories who everyone is again, and i have the same pfp with another person, as if that kuja thing wasn't enough

anyway im gonna use this time to say that
image_2021-04-01_002115.png

Five deserves to be in smash, he comes from one of the most unique and best DQ games and is the 2nd most popular protag, plus he fight's with... well not a sword so he could have a really unique moveset with him bashing people with his staff club thing.

isn't dragon quest just medieval dragon ball?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom