• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
To those that were predicting Ryu as one of the final two, who are you predicting now?
A Falcom rep
When I posted my predictions in the RTC thread I had Falcom and Sol Badguy as honorary mentions. With Ryu officially dead I'm replacing my prediction of him with a Falcom rep.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
A Falcom rep
When I posted my predictions in the RTC thread I had Falcom and Sol Badguy as honorary mentions. With Ryu officially dead I'm replacing my prediction of him with a Falcom rep.
We got another one! Let's celebrate with Falcom music!

This would be the part where I share said music, but I'm kinda doing this on the fly, so...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think we’re getting a double dip in the last 2. I could see it either being Microsoft or Square honestly and at this point I’d kind of be shocked if one of the last 2 aren’t Lloyd.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Kinda sad to think about those third party characters people latched onto because "they made sense" only for them to not happen. Stuff like Ryu Hayabusa, Monster Hunter and Travis Touchdown.

crash is next
I'll be preparing myself. :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My pattern strawgrasping goes as such (admittedly one part is a stretch so)

we got

one brawler (Min Min)
One kinda-but-not-really brawler in that I wouldn’t call them a Swordfighter OR Gunner (Steve/Alex)
And two swordies (Sephiroth and the Blades)

what if

the last two were gunners or kinda-sorta-gunners (Reimu I guess could be a kinda-sorta-gunner)
I think we’re getting a double dip in the last 2. I could see it either being Microsoft or Square honestly and at this point I’d kind of be shocked if one of the last 2 aren’t Lloyd.
If Square Enix double dips with Neku I’ll heckin celebrate

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
We all know nintendo never saves the best for last.

Bowser jr
Corrin and bayo
Ken and inciniroar and plant.
Blyeth

Last two will be nintendo i bet. Something overall meh.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So for the sake of fun, let’s say that it’s announced that there’ll be an Echo Fighter Pass after FP2 comes to a close with four characters. Who would you want to see? My choices would be:
  1. Funky Kong - faster and more mobile than DK with less power. His up special takes him higher and has an animation of him spinning around on his surfboard with a water effect. His final smash is a re-skin of Pit’s or the Dragoon’s where he gets into his plane and then rams into the players
  2. Jeanne - basically the same as Bayonetta with Madame Styx instead of Madame Butterfly and Moth Within instead of Bat Within however her dodges are a lot more precise to land like in the game. Maybe change her final smash to a torture move as well.
  3. Zack Fair - basically just a re-skin of Cloud like how Daisy was with Peach.
  4. Liquid - my favorite idea for an Echo Fighter! He sacrifices Snake’s mobility and stealth for brute strength, so for instance he can’t hold the grenade but it does more damage, he can’t aim the rocket but it does more damage, he can’t detonate the mine but it does more damage, etc. His final smash is the same but has him get into REX. A lot of his animations would probably be changed as well. And for all of the echo fighters, they would have new voice lines, taunts, victory animations and classic modes.
1. Emolga - Plays like if Pikachu had Steve's Up-B instead. Skull Bash replaced with the Heavy Skull Bash custom from Smash 4.
2. Dixie Kong - Diddy with DK's Up-B. Also bubblegum popgun.
3. Proto Man/Roll - Two echoes for Mega Man because I like his Smash 4 customs. Proto Man has the first set, Roll has the second.
4. Heroine - Basically female Erdrick from DQIII, and Sophia from DQIV made into Hero's Lucina. Command selection has no RNG, but has none of the really crazy spells like Magic Burst and Thwack. Smash attacks can't deal random crits, but have a slight damage boost to make up for it.

Technomage

Smash Champion
We all know nintendo never saves the best for last.

Bowser jr
Corrin and bayo
Ken and inciniroar and plant.
Blyeth

Last two will be nintendo i bet. Something overall meh.
In that case, one of them would be a Gen 8 Pokemon (most likely another starter zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...). What would the other Ninty loose end be?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
...why exactly?

It's pretty 99% likely they're just gonna bring back his Mii outfit and call it a day, just like what happened with...well, literally every other third party costume from Smash 4.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Maybe next time!
I feel you man. Hayabusa would've been so perfect in Smash..... :drsad:

We got another one! Let's celebrate with Falcom music!

This would be the part where I share said music, but I'm kinda doing this on the fly, so...
Oh I got your music alright

As you can probably guess by my music choices, I ****ing love Ryo Take****a's work. One of the best composers to have ever been in Falcom.

Technomage

Smash Champion
...why exactly?

It's pretty 99% likely they're just gonna bring back his Mii outfit and call it a day, just like...well, what happened with literally every other third party costume from Smash 4.
If so, then I'd hope they at least bring Yuri as a PC in addition to the Lloyd cosplay.

I feel you man. Hayabusa would've been so perfect in Smash..... :drsad:

Oh I got your music alright

As you can probably guess by my music choices, I ****ing love Ryo Take****a's work. One of the best composers to have ever been in Falcom.
Also, pffffftt, I find it funny that Smashboards' bots had to censor the composer's last name just because of the word it has in it. XD

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
...why exactly?

It's pretty 99% likely they're just gonna bring back his Mii outfit and call it a day, just like what happened with...well, literally every other third party costume from Smash 4.
99% likely obviously means nothing in Smash Speculation. Everyone now thinks that Lloyd is coming back as a Mii so I’m simply betting the opposite. It’s just kind of weird that every other Mii Costume has been slaughtered but one of the ones from one of the biggest JRPG franchises just hasn’t yet. There’s been perfect opportunities for him to come back and it hasn’t happened so with the pool of candidates constantly dwindling down its looking more and more likely that maybe the Mii Costume was held back for a specific reason.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
99% likely obviously means nothing in Smash Speculation. Everyone now thinks that Lloyd is coming back as a Mii so I’m simply betting the opposite. It’s just kind of weird that every other Mii Costume has been slaughtered but one of the ones from one of the biggest JRPG franchises just hasn’t yet. There’s been perfect opportunities for him to come back and it hasn’t happened so with the pool of candidates constantly dwindling down its looking more and more likely that maybe the Mii Costume was held back for a specific reason.
I mean...people were saying the exact thing about characters like Geno and Monster Hunter lmao

You'd probably be saying the same thing about the latter had we gotten Lloyd's outfit with Pythra instead of the MH stuff. I don't think it really means anything.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Sure, there's a potential universe where he's lying or otherwise being coy about things... but man. This is the 4th interview, and at this point, either he's playing a consistent theme, or he's being honest about Ryu not being in. Occam's Razor leads me to believe that it's the latter, since he would not have a lot of reasons to play coy for multiple interviews. Not when he's this straightforward.

Damn - while I wasn't a huge fan of the character, Ryu would've been a really fun character to play as potentially.
Heh...funny you post this on the same day as Mario's execution.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I've been trying to think about combinations in my head for a dual reveal at circa E3 that would essentially be similar to what we saw at the 2019 event; basically a Japan oriented fighter (but not wholly unknown to the West) complimented by a Western oriented fighter (that's obviously not wholly unknown to Japan).

An SMT character and Crash is way too on the nose given that it would be a JRPG figure and a platformer mascot yet again, but it does feel like the sort of pairing I could hypothetically see happen.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I've been trying to think about combinations in my head for a dual reveal at circa E3 that would essentially be similar to what we saw at the 2019 event; basically a Japan oriented fighter (but not wholly unknown to the West) complimented by a Western oriented fighter (that's obviously not wholly unknown to Japan).

An SMT character and Crash is way too on the nose given that it would be a JRPG figure and a platformer mascot yet again, but it does feel like the sort of pairing I could hypothetically see happen.
Arle/Master Chief team up babyyyy

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Ah, yes, my favorite E3 character duo: Popular McJRPG Guy and Scrimblo Bimblo! :4pacman:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
To those that were predicting Ryu as one of the final two, who are you predicting now?
Tails and I don’t know, probably either another Nintendo character (I’ll have to think about who) or Master Chief.

Arle/Master Chief team up babyyyy
This is honestly my best case semi-realistic scenario at this point, I’d be over the moon.

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
BTW, sometimes I think that third party reps got in because of some biased of whatever inside nintendo empleyee (s) chooses them.

Like imagine if someone inside Nintendo really likes Minecraft and persuade Sakurai and his team to include Steve.

That would explain how Joker came into Smash (plus Atlus negotiations were probably easy and cheap)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I mean...people were saying the exact thing about characters like Geno and Monster Hunter lmao

You'd probably be saying the same thing about the latter had we gotten Lloyd's outfit with Pythra instead of the MH stuff. I don't think it really means anything.
Yeah but Lloyd is literally the last and it’s all around just a weird circumstance that they could’ve done it on Pyra and Mythra and a lot of other instances and they just didn’t.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why are there so many Ryus in gaming?

You really get to cover the anime RPG swordfighter/shooty shooty M-rated gun guy/and uh... cartoony cereal box mascot? triad with Issac Isaak Issak Isacc Eyesack Isaac. Of course the cereal in question would be mostly crosses, teardrops and pentagrams, but still.

And only one of these hasn't been playable in a crossover fighting game. The one that I actually want... because why wouldn't life be like that?

SKX31

Smash Master
Ah, yes, my favorite E3 character duo: Popular McJRPG Guy and Scrimblo Bimblo! :4pacman:
McDonalds JRPG (just as I concluded in the RTC Discord)?

Are you ready for:

But in RPG form? :4pacman:

It's difficult to say since I could see so many combinations. On one hand Falcom, Reimu, Spike Chunsoft, on the other, LoL, Master Chief, Lara Croft... one could go on.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Yeah but Lloyd is literally the last and it’s all around just a weird circumstance that they could’ve done it on Pyra and Mythra and a lot of other instances and they just didn’t.
It's really not that weird, though. Every single Mii fighter wave has had at least one returning Smash 4 outfit with the sole exception of Hero's pack.

Joker - Tails, Knuckles
Banjo & Kazooie - Zero, Proto Man
Terry - Akira, Jacky
Byleth - X, MegaMan.EXE
Min Min - Heihachi
Steve - Gil
Sephiroth - Chocobo, Geno
Pyra/Mythra - Monster Hunter, Rathalos Armor

So it seems logical that Lloyd's will probably be dropped off with one of the last two fighters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway

my “playing it relatively safe” duo: Octoling (for Second Chance theory somewhat) and any of Crash, Reimu, or a LoL rep
My dream duo: Neku and KOS-MOS (with MAYBE a T-elos echo either bundled with, or as individual DLC)
HAHAHAHAHA sobs: any one of the characters above... followed by Elma. :crying:

D

Deleted member

Also, since the dev also said they didn't get an invite yet, it unfortunately also deconfirms all other Koei Tecmo reps, such Kasumi or Dynasty Warriors. Would have been interested in Kasumi, to be honest.

But still, don't completely despair, Ryu and Koei Tecmo fans! We could still get a Ninja Gaiden spirit event and/or Mii costume, so there's at least something to salvage, there.
it unfortunately also deconfirms all other Koei Tecmo reps
No it doesn't. Just because Hayabusa no longer appears to be in the running doesn't mean Koei-Tecmo is dead in the water now. At most, 2 of Koei-Tecmo's development studios won't have a character in Smash (Hayabusa with Team Ninja and Ryza with Gust). Omega-Force is 1 of their biggest studios and have yet to comment on anything Smash related as far as I'm aware of, so if anything, Dynasty Warriors looks to be the likeliest KT series Nintendo would add to Smash as it stands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's really not that weird, though. Every single Mii fighter wave has had at least one returning Smash 4 outfit with the sole exception of Hero's pack.

Joker - Tails, Knuckles
Banjo & Kazooie - Zero, Proto Man
Terry - Akira, Jacky
Byleth - X, MegaMan.EXE
Min Min - Heihachi
Steve - Gil
Sephiroth - Chocobo, Geno
Pyra/Mythra - Monster Hunter, Rathalos Armor

So it seems logical that Lloyd's will probably be dropped off with one of the last two fighters.
Yup, he'll be dropped of with Yuri. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom