• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Time's up, let's review the results for Jobs #31 and #32
Job #31: Submit a stage for Sulley & Mike
Job #31: Sulley and Mike's Home Stage
Oh, come on. Like we didn't just think of this as soon as this job was shown.
Monster's Inc. map of the human world doesn't have NZ : r/MapsWithoutNZ's Inc. map of the human world doesn't have NZ : r/MapsWithoutNZ

Monsters Incorporated
This stage could be mostly located in the Scare Room, where monsters going in and out of doors would be the main hazard of this stage. Also, on rare occasions, like if you select this stage on April Fools Day, it changes into the Laugh Room as seen in Monsters at Work.
Job #31: Doors' Hall
View attachment 372814
This stage is admittedly pretty similar to the one submitted by Master Hero, but it has some differences. The stage layout is very simple (like Battlefield, but a bit bigger and with a couple more platforms, to create a sort of hourglass shape). The main platform has five colored doors (red, blue, white, pink, green). At the top of the stage, there is the sort of monorail that moves the doors and, at random, some doors might be dropped on the five smaller platform or may simply remain at the top of the stage. The doors that appear in this way are the exact same reproduction of the ones that appear on the main platform and deal no damage when they are dropped. However, characters can use them to quickly move around the stage (eg: entering the red door on the main platform teleports the player to the one attached the conveyor belt, entering the pink one teleports them to the copy on the stage etc.). Of course, these doors are two-ways (but entering inside the ones that are atop of the stage might be difficult). After some time, the door are taken away.
Since it is important for players to be able to recognize the five doors at a glance, each door as a motif on it (red = triangles, blue = waves, white = circles, pink = stars, green = squares) to help colorblind players.
View attachment 372781
Door Chase
One of the most iconic parts of the film. Players fight on top of the conver belt carrying the doors. Sometimes a door will go by and open up a mini area for players to fight in, such as Books Room or the Trailer that Randel ends up in.
The submitted stages are:
Monsters Incorporated (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Doors' Hall (submitted by me)
Door Chase (submitted by @DarkVortex)

Vote for your top two favorite stages. Your stage can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. Door Chase: I mean, it's a fun concept, just fighting on a conveyor belt that carries doors.
2. Doors' Hall: I am somewhat proud of the concept I came up with for this stage. I think it makes for a very chaotic stage, but experienced players might end up doing some crazy shenanigans using the teleporting doors.

All in all, the three stages that were submitted are very similar to each other. I find it somewhat funny that nobody submitted a stage from Monsters University (although I don't think that movie was that bad...)

----
Job #32: Submit a moveset for Sulley & Mike
Job #32: Sulley and Mike's Moveset
Neutral Special: Turkey on a Roll
Sulley picks up Mike and tosses him like a bowling ball. This is a reference to their dynamic, while the name is a reference to getting three strikes in a row while playing a round of bowling.
Up Special: Scream Canister
Mike and Sulley ride one of the canisters as a rocket to get away from the blast zone. To accommodate for Sulley's weight, it's probably a Laugh Canister instead.
Down Special: Down and Dirty Dancing
Sulley and Mike attempt to do the famous "Dirty Dancing" pose, only for Mike's legs to give in and unceremoniously toss Sulley into the opponent's oncoming way. Consider this to be the antithesis to their neutral special.

Neutral Aerial: Snow Cone
Mike throws an Abominable snow cone at the opponent. Emphasis on abominable.
Side Aerial: Go Long, Young Pig
Sulley tosses Archie the Scare Pig, a hog with spider legs, like a literal "pigskin".
Up Aerial: Wake Up Call
Mike blows an air horn near Sulley, which startles him awake enough to unintentionally hurt the opponent this time.

Neutral Ground: Toxic Touch
Still afraid of what those poisonous spike balls can do, Sulley and Mike play an impromptu game of keepaway with one until an opponent comes in contact. Hold it long enough as either of the two, and it can cause self-damage. For best results, compare this to Tom and Jerry's tennis match attack in MultiVersus.
Side Ground: Warehouse Detour
Mike and Sulley ride a runaway track from the Door Warehouse directly into the opponent.
Down Ground: Slam the Door
Sulley slams one of the condemned doors onto the opponent, with intent to shatter them himself. Sure, it's out of character, but who would want to make a child laugh during his or her goth phase?

Grand Finale: Dig Deep
Both Sulley and Mike unleash their primal urges, and roar their lungs out at the opponents. This Grand Finale targets all nearby opponents, and is best suited without the use of a headphone jack.
Job #32: Sulley & Mike's moveset
Generally, Mike stays in the background while Sulley fights in the foreground.

Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Scary Fist: Sulley punches twice. Each fist can be charged.
  • Up - Wake Up!: Mike plays an air horn that makes Sulley jump out of surprise. Sulley's jump acts as a hit-box that has a sweet spot on Sulley's horns. This attack can be charged.
  • Down - Put That Thing Back Where It Came From: Mike comes to the foreground and kicks back and forth several times while facing the camera and jumping, whereas Sulley goes to the background and performs an awkward dance (that is merely an aesthetic detail). Mike's kicks deal damage and their power, as well as the amount of kicks performed, can be increased by charging the attack. The dance Mike and Sulley perform is one that they actually do in the first movie.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Aerial Punch: Sulley punches forward. This attack can be charged.
  • Up - Friendly Juggle: Sulley grabs Mike and juggles with him. Mike acts as a hit-box.
  • Down - Monstrous Stomp: Sulley stomps with both feet. This attack can be charged and acts as a spike.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Run!: Sulley grabs Mike while he dashes forward, dealing damage as he rolls over opponents. It's a reference to that scene where Sulley is chased by Waternoose that freaked me out like nothing else as a child.
  • Up - Doorway to Safety: Sulley and Mike go inside a door that magically appears out of thin air, only to reappear out of the same door nearby. This attack is somewhat similar to Zelda's up special in its functionality, as Sulley and Mike deal high damage to opponents once they go out of the door.
  • Down - Scream Extractor: Mike opens a scream extractor, which flies forward at very high speed. The extractor acts as a projectile that bounces off surfaces and opponents, but disappears after a while. Only one extractor can be used by each player at a time.
Grand Finale - Scary Nighttime: a cinematic Grand Finale. Sulley roars, sending all opponents inside a door. There, they appear to stay in a dark room. After a few moments, Mike appears, yelling at them. This only deals minor damage, but Sulley will then appear and roar, dealing in turn massive damage and high knock back. Opponents are then sent flying away.
For this duo, I wanted to emphasize Sulley's massive frame and, likewise, power. The duo's interaction are more aesthetic than actually functional, although they do share a few attacks here and there.
The two movesets were submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye and me.
Vote for your favorite submission. Your own submission CAN be your vote.

Similarly to what I did with Maleficent's moveset, I decide to abstain from this vote. I really liked how Master Hero emphasized the interplay between Sulley and Mike, but I am not a fan of how much he relied on projectiles. So yeah, some good aspects from Master Hero's moveset and some good aspects from mine makes it hard for me to decide which one of these movesets I like the most.

I choose Doors' Hall as the stage, and I actually think LoZ00 LoZ00 has produced a better moveset than I have.

As for the latter choice, I did not know how many projectiles I had in my take on the duo. I just focused on Mike and Sulley's dynamic over whether said attacks are physical or aimed. But at least Mike gets to do stuff on the offense, which is why I conceded my vote to this thread's creator.

Speaking of, what was your favorite part of my portrayal of the two, LoZ00 LoZ00 ?

I really enjoyed the duality of neutral/down special. I think that having a move where Sulley tosses Mike and a move where Mike tosses Sulley was actually very clever.
Thank you. If there's one thing that shows the genuine friendship between the two, it's that duality. Even if it was accidental on my part.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
All righty guys. So first of all, there's the impasse of those of you who only voted for one stage for Job #31. I decided to award your vote for 2 points instead of 1. So let's see the results for Job #31:
Monsters Incorporated: 2 points
Doors' Hall: 6 points
Door Chase: 7 points

Door Chase is Sulley & Mike's home stage!
Job#031_DoorChase.jpeg

Congratulations to @DarkVortex for submitting this extremely fun idea of a stage. It was a well-deserved first place.

----
Job #32
My moveset was quite liked, so it will be the one used:
Job #32: Sulley & Mike's moveset
Generally, Mike stays in the background while Sulley fights in the foreground.

Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Scary Fist: Sulley punches twice. Each fist can be charged.
  • Up - Wake Up!: Mike plays an air horn that makes Sulley jump out of surprise. Sulley's jump acts as a hit-box that has a sweet spot on Sulley's horns. This attack can be charged.
  • Down - Put That Thing Back Where It Came From: Mike comes to the foreground and kicks back and forth several times while facing the camera and jumping, whereas Sulley goes to the background and performs an awkward dance (that is merely an aesthetic detail). Mike's kicks deal damage and their power, as well as the amount of kicks performed, can be increased by charging the attack. The dance Mike and Sulley perform is one that they actually do in the first movie.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Aerial Punch: Sulley punches forward. This attack can be charged.
  • Up - Friendly Juggle: Sulley grabs Mike and juggles with him. Mike acts as a hit-box.
  • Down - Monstrous Stomp: Sulley stomps with both feet. This attack can be charged and acts as a spike.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Run!: Sulley grabs Mike while he dashes forward, dealing damage as he rolls over opponents. It's a reference to that scene where Sulley is chased by Waternoose that freaked me out like nothing else as a child.
  • Up - Doorway to Safety: Sulley and Mike go inside a door that magically appears out of thin air, only to reappear out of the same door nearby. This attack is somewhat similar to Zelda's up special in its functionality, as Sulley and Mike deal high damage to opponents once they go out of the door.
  • Down - Scream Extractor: Mike opens a scream extractor, which flies forward at very high speed. The extractor acts as a projectile that bounces off surfaces and opponents, but disappears after a while. Only one extractor can be used by each player at a time.
Grand Finale - Scary Nighttime: a cinematic Grand Finale. Sulley roars, sending all opponents inside a door. There, they appear to stay in a dark room. After a few moments, Mike appears, yelling at them. This only deals minor damage, but Sulley will then appear and roar, dealing in turn massive damage and high knock back. Opponents are then sent flying away.
For this duo, I wanted to emphasize Sulley's massive frame and, likewise, power. The duo's interaction are more aesthetic than actually functional, although they do share a few attacks here and there.
Thank you to everyone who voted for this submission. Although I'll admit that I found Master Hero's moveset to be very cool as well.

----
Before we move on to Kermit the Frog, I think it's well past due we talked about some music, which I admittedly forgot to touch upon since probably yesterday. I'll open a couple of Jobs about adding musical tracks to the stages, then we'll move on to Kermit's stuff.
Job #33: Submit some music tracks for Steamboat Wille
Job #34: Submit some music tracks for Elsa's Castle

I'd say we should add at least 4-5 tracks for each stage. Since I don't predict these Jobs to receive that many submissions, I'll accept multiple submissions for each user. Just limit yourselves to 5 tracks at most.
Unless we get more than 10-12 submissions, I'd say that we can skip the voting part for these Jobs.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Woah! Thanks M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for the tracks you submitted! This came out of the blue, but it was not unappreciated at all, quite the contrary actually.
Anyway, if anyone else wants to add a few more tracks, you could still submit them even during the next few jobs.
----
Job #35: Submit a stage for Kermit the Frog
Job #36: Submit a moveset for Kermit the Frog

I think I will sit this ones out. Perhaps shockingly, but I have never been a fan of the Muppets. It's not that I dislike them, more like they never picked up my interest.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Muppet Show

It's time to get things started - this is a transforming stage featuring different skits a la Pokémon Stadium

1. Pigs in Space - A floating platform will circle around the stage, going below it.
  2. Veternarian's Hospital - You can hop off of the patient like a trampoline, and reach a very high platform a la Boxing Ring
  3. Muppet News Flash - The table covers up the bottom of the fighters, use some sneaky downwards attacks!
  4. Bear on Patrol - There are walls to the left and right

Last edited:
Woah! Thanks M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for the tracks you submitted! This came out of the blue, but it was not unappreciated at all, quite the contrary actually.
Anyway, if anyone else wants to add a few more tracks, you could still submit them even during the next few jobs.
----
Job #35: Submit a stage for Kermit the Frog
Job #36: Submit a moveset for Kermit the Frog

I think I will sit this ones out. Perhaps shockingly, but I have never been a fan of the Muppets. It's not that I dislike them, more like they never picked up my interest.
I said I'd submit some tracks before the next job comes out, and I have. I even went for a variety of songs from the particular characters and franchises, to boot.

Job #35: Kermit's Stage

The Muppet Theatre
Pin on Play House

The fighters do their battle on an already-hectic battleground. Why is it hectic? Because you're interrupting one of five acts in the process:
  1. Fozzie Bear's standup. Due to the frequent self-awareness the Muppets have, Fozzie could pick one of the four fighters as a subject for his "new material". For example, when Mickey's chosen, a direct callback to the Petula Clark episode is the material in question. For those who don't recall that subplot, I'll tell you: "Mickey Moose and Ronald Duck?!?" That is all.
  2. The Great Gonzo's stunts. In this case, he would try to inhale a bowl of strawberry jelly through his nose to the tune of Yankee Doodle. As if that act wasn't harmful enough for him...
  3. A musical number by Miss Piggy. This is the most likely rotating hazard to fight back, as she's just as much of a diva as ever.
  4. The Electric Mayhem. On the bright side, this gives the audience a new sound from the intruding fighters.
  5. The Swedish Chef. Unlike most foods in fighting games, his recipes can CAUSE damage rather than heal it back.
As an added bonus, Statler and Waldorf can comment on the acts with the fighters along for the ride.

Job #36: Kermit the Frog's Moveset
Neutral Special: Tongue of Fun
Kermit uses what nature gave him, and sticks his tongue out to attack his opponent.
Up Special: YAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Kermit somehow has the ability to fly by waving his arms a lot. Don't question it.
Down Special: Muppet Labs
Bunsen and Beaker transport themselves between Kermit and the opponent, which deals damage to both of them. Risk equals reward on this one.

Neutral Aerial: Chicken Wings
Kermit uses Camilla the Chicken as a shield. Don't worry, she's fine at the end.
Side Aerial: Boomerang Fish
Kermit uses one of Lew Zealand's boomerang fish to attack. This raises the question: Do the Muppets really need Lew anymore?
Up Aerial: Uncle Sam
Sam the Eagle smacks the opponent out of disgust for anti-patriotism. This isn't canon, but I feel he would do that.

Neutral Ground: PizzaRizzo
Rizzo charges at the opponent, looking for a fight, Leroy Jenkins style.
Side Ground: Crazy Harry
A random explosion happens to stun the opponent, only for Crazy Harry to show himself right after.
Down Ground: Piano Pooch
Kermit slams Rowlf's childhood piano at the opponent. Why his childhood piano? Because Kermit can't even lift a full-sized piano, let alone hit someone with it.

Grand Finale: Point of No Return
For his Grand Finale, Kermit unleashes all his pent-up rage on the opponents, causing him to be as unhinged as Animal for a few seconds. This is akin to Wario-Man or the Landmaster as seen in Brawl and Smash 4, where those two Final Smashes weren't cinematic and could remain for a some time post-activation.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Okidoki, so let's see the results for Jobs #35 and #36:
Job #35
The Muppet Show

It's time to get things started - this is a transforming stage featuring different skits a la Pokémon Stadium

1. Pigs in Space - A floating platform will circle around the stage, going below it.
  2. Veternarian's Hospital - You can hop off of the patient like a trampoline, and reach a very high platform a la Boxing Ring
  3. Muppet News Flash - The table covers up the bottom of the fighters, use some sneaky downwards attacks!
  4. Bear on Patrol - There are walls to the left and right
Job #35: Kermit's Stage

The Muppet Theatre
Pin on Play House

The fighters do their battle on an already-hectic battleground. Why is it hectic? Because you're interrupting one of five acts in the process:
  1. Fozzie Bear's standup. Due to the frequent self-awareness the Muppets have, Fozzie could pick one of the four fighters as a subject for his "new material". For example, when Mickey's chosen, a direct callback to the Petula Clark episode is the material in question. For those who don't recall that subplot, I'll tell you: "Mickey Moose and Ronald Duck?!?" That is all.
  2. The Great Gonzo's stunts. In this case, he would try to inhale a bowl of strawberry jelly through his nose to the tune of Yankee Doodle. As if that act wasn't harmful enough for him...
  3. A musical number by Miss Piggy. This is the most likely rotating hazard to fight back, as she's just as much of a diva as ever.
  4. The Electric Mayhem. On the bright side, this gives the audience a new sound from the intruding fighters.
  5. The Swedish Chef. Unlike most foods in fighting games, his recipes can CAUSE damage rather than heal it back.
As an added bonus, Statler and Waldorf can comment on the acts with the fighters along for the ride.
Here are the two submissions:
The Muppet Show (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
The Muppet Theatre (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )

Vote for your favorite submission. You CAN vote for your own submission.

I'm voting for The Muppet Theatre for this one. I think that this would make for a very fun and creative stage, which is what I'd like to see for a Muppets stage.
----
For Job #36, M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye was the only one to submit a moveset, so his own will get in by default. Congratulations, Master Hero, because you're proving to be not only quite skilled in making movesets, but also an aficionado of this thread, always being ready to answer the call for new submissions!
Job #36: Kermit the Frog's Moveset
Neutral Special: Tongue of Fun
Kermit uses what nature gave him, and sticks his tongue out to attack his opponent.
Up Special: YAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Kermit somehow has the ability to fly by waving his arms a lot. Don't question it.
Down Special: Muppet Labs
Bunsen and Beaker transport themselves between Kermit and the opponent, which deals damage to both of them. Risk equals reward on this one.

Neutral Aerial: Chicken Wings
Kermit uses Camilla the Chicken as a shield. Don't worry, she's fine at the end.
Side Aerial: Boomerang Fish
Kermit uses one of Lew Zealand's boomerang fish to attack. This raises the question: Do the Muppets really need Lew anymore?
Up Aerial: Uncle Sam
Sam the Eagle smacks the opponent out of disgust for anti-patriotism. This isn't canon, but I feel he would do that.

Neutral Ground: PizzaRizzo
Rizzo charges at the opponent, looking for a fight, Leroy Jenkins style.
Side Ground: Crazy Harry
A random explosion happens to stun the opponent, only for Crazy Harry to show himself right after.
Down Ground: Piano Pooch
Kermit slams Rowlf's childhood piano at the opponent. Why his childhood piano? Because Kermit can't even lift a full-sized piano, let alone hit someone with it.

Grand Finale: Point of No Return
For his Grand Finale, Kermit unleashes all his pent-up rage on the opponents, causing him to be as unhinged as Animal for a few seconds. This is akin to Wario-Man or the Landmaster as seen in Brawl and Smash 4, where those two Final Smashes weren't cinematic and could remain for a some time post-activation.

D

Deleted member

I'm going Muppet Show

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate your votes for The Muppet Theatre, but I actually think Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario has the better stage submission. Sure, we have the same idea of a rotating stage to represent the Muppets, but his stage actually uses genuine skits for his inspiration. That's a true Muppet fan at work if he recalls sketches like those.

However, I am willing to take a compliment when I see it, because I am a major Disney animation fan and enjoy it over most other subsidiaries and divisions of the company. Hence my unexpected expertise at work. And if you look at both my stage and moveset submissions, you'll find that I eliminated Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, and the Chef from inclusion in Kermit's technique, since the stage idea was written first. I had to get creative with the other iconic characters, which did take some mental straining on some parts.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Tonight I won't be able to update the thread. I don't know if tomorrow I'll be able to or if I'll have to wait till Friday

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let’s see the results for Job #35:
The Muppet Show: 2 votes
The Muppet Theater: 4 votes

The Muppet Theater is Kermit’s stage!
Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for submitting this blast of a stage! It was a very fun idea and it fits the mood of Muppets to a T! Normally, I’d add an image of the stage, but now I’m using my phone so I can’t… Welp, c’’est la vie!

——
Let’s get back with some music, shall we?
Job #37: Submit some music tracks for Lahui Beach
There is also another thing we still have to touch, which is costumes
Job #38: Submit how many costume does each playable characters have (minimum 4)
Keep in mind that characters can have palette swaps, alternate costumes (like what happens in MultiVersus) or a mixture of both.
I set 4 as the lowest possible number since I assume this game to support at least 4-players multiplayer

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I feel each character should get 8 costumes so we get a mix of color swaps and references to their respective universe and such. Something for everyone.

Job #37: Lahui Beach Music
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride (Pop Version)
Aloha, E Komo Mai (From "Lilo & Stitch: The Series")
He Mele No Lilo
Burning Love (Wynonna Judd Ver.)
To summarize for those who have less than a half hour to listen to music, this quintet of songs contains two songs from the first movie, the American cartoon's theme song, and two different covers related to the franchise. One of which is that of an old Elvis Presley song, because the only other cartoon to use as much influence from the King is Johnny Bravo.

Job #38: Costume Count
To properly examine each character, I would allow 6 costumes per fighter. For the same reason that AlteredBeast AlteredBeast shared, in fact, but easier to program consistently.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Okey dokey, let's review the options for Job #38
8 costumes (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
6 costumes (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )

Vote for which option you prefer. You can vote for your own submission.
I vote for 8 costumes. I didn't submit any number myself because 8 was the number I was aiming for. Personally, I'd pick 1 default costume + 5 recolors + 2 unlockable alternate costumes for each character.

Also, huge shoutout to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for having submitted yet again five delicious tracks for Lahui Beach! An awesome work yet again!

Last edited:
I would vote for 6 costumes. That way, we'd have the default look, three recolors, and two unlockable alternate costumes.

Like, do we really need five recolors per character? People would more often play as the default or unlockable alt costumes, from where I'm sitting.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
All right, let's see the results for Job #38:
6 costumes: 3 votes
8 costumes: 2 votes

Each character will have 6 costumes!

Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for submitting the winning number of costumes. The argument you presented when voting was so good that you made me change my mind and now I agree that 6 is the right amount.

----
Before we submit the costumes for each character, we should decide how many costumes and recolors they should have. So:
Job #39: How many recolors and alternate costumes should each character have?
----
We are going to add the 10th character very soon, which means that 1/5 of the fighters will soon be finalized. So far, we only have 2 female fighters and for Disney this is definitely on the lower side. So for the next Job:
Job #40: Submit a female character
This character can come from Disney, Pixar, Live Action, TVA, everything really is on the table. But the character MUST be female. For this job, any duo/stance fighter that involves any male character will be considered unviable.

Job #39: Costume Tryout Montage Goes Here
I'm just gonna resubmit my previous job comment here, because nothing has changed.
I would vote for 6 costumes. That way, we'd have the default look, three recolors, and two unlockable alternate costumes.

Like, do we really need five recolors per character? People would more often play as the default or unlockable alt costumes, from where I'm sitting.
In short, we should aim for three recolors and two alternate costumes. But if you really want my opinion, I would allow them to add or subtract the number of recolors or alternate costumes to however much you desire. As long as it results in one default and five additional looks, it doesn't (nor should it) matter how many fall under these two camps.

Job #40: Submit a Female Character
I'm going to submit Ariel for this job.
The Little Mermaid - Disney Limited Editions By ARCY – Disney Art On Main  Street

Not only is Ariel an official Disney Princess, thus covering a major franchise for the company, but there's potential in both her human and mermaid forms.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
In short, we should aim for three recolors and two alternate costumes. But if you really want my opinion, I would allow them to add or subtract the number of recolors or alternate costumes to however much you desire. As long as it results in one default and five additional looks, it doesn't (nor should it) matter how many fall under these two camps.
I wanted to add a definite number of alternate costumes and recolors because this way the roster could feel more regular, as well as giving us the ability to add a few unlockable costumes.

Anyway, for Job #40 I'm proposing Tinker Bell
#19_TinkerBell.png

She is Peter Pan's fairy friend. I wouldn't say trusty. In the years, Tinker Bell has become a huge mascot for Disney, whose popularity even rivaled Mickey's and Jiminy Cricket. She is also the mascot of the Disney Fairies, a brand that admittedly wasn't as large as the Disney Princesses, but I feel that it's worth talking about. I believe that Tinker Bell's moveset could be based on her pixie dust and her flying abilities, perhaps she could even have a flying meter gimmick. One thing that we would DEFINITELY need to do is to scale up, but I think that Tinker Bell still needs to be the smallest and lightest character in the game.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I like the idea M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye posed for the amount of recolors and alternate costumes.

As for my female character....

Mary Poppins

Mary_Poppins_screen_2.jpg

We have a Disney princess (technically queen) and a female villain. Now, I feel we should add a Disney character who is very overlooked in fan rosters for a hypothetical Disney platform fighter. Mary Poppins is a super iconic book but the movie adaptation by Disney is far more well-known for its great collection of songs. I definitely see her as the Peach of the game but with some sing-songy and even some capoeira-esque elements as she did dance as well. Throw in some other fun references and boom, we're on to a winner! A solid pick here to represent more of Disney's classics.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so each character is going to have three recolors and two alternate costumes, as M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye suggested. Though we could maybe loosen a bit these restrictions in the future.
----
Job #40:
Kevin (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Mulan (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Ariel (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Tinker Bell (submitted by me)
Mary Poppins (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Luz Noceda (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

Vote for your three favorite choices. Your own submission can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. Mulan: I think that Mulan is inevitable and, to put it bluntly, the sooner we add her the better. This is not to say that she would have a great moveset potential and some very cool abilities to boot, however. There is a reason why I believe her to be inevitable, after all...
2. Kevin: Unique idea, very cool concept, I like these picks that seem random but actually have some genuine thought behind. Up is also a great movie and I think that Kevin is perhaps the best representation for it, in terms of both feasibility and uniqueness.
3. Tinker Bell: the lady has been one of Disney's oldest mascots. Other than that, I think that her free flight abilities could make for an interesting gimmick.

Top Bottom