• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1: Get a Horse! - Yeah, I'm siding with the majority here. It is still a Pete-centric stage if anything.
2: Mean Street - I stand firm that we can take from the projector reels of this game for a sufficient Oswald stage. Plus, I'm not sure where else we can take for a Goofy stage except for Spoonerville, and I'd rather have the House of Villains be a gimmick on the House of Mouse stage. So, Mean Street it is.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Time to wrap things up with Job #22:
Mean Street: 6 points
Get a Horse!: 14 points
Spoonerville: 6 points
House of Villains: 1 point

Get a Horse! is Pete's home stage!
Job022_GetAHorse.png

Thank you to everyone who voted for my stage! I was a bit hesitant (and in fact I didn't vote it myself) because I felt that having two classic-themed stages for Mickey and Pete was weird (although Get a Horse! is only 10 years old). But anyway, you seemed to enjoy the stage so that's good, I guess.

----
Let's finish our first "themed event" with the last two villain-related jobs:
Job #23: Submit a moveset for Pete
Job #24: Submit a boss

Job #24 refers specifically to bosses like Master Hand, Galleom, or Rathalos, so bear in mind that the winner of this round won't be eligible to become playable characters or Assist characters.

----

For once I'll do a mean thing and submit my entry for Job #24 while I am submitting the prompt for the Job itself (for Pete's moveset, I'll do it at a later time). Anyway, my submission for Job #24 is Tamatoa.
Job023_Tamatoa.jpeg

I have prepared a short song as of why I want him in the game:
Well El-oh-Zee hasn't always been this mad
I was a sad little dude once
Now I know I can be happy as a clam
Because it's beautiful, baby!

Did everyone say "Listen to Gaston"?
He has the best musical scene?
I need two words to tell their argument apart
Everyone lied

I'd rather watch "Shiny"
It's a treasure of a sunken pirate ship
Open YouTube and look for
Shiny
My face'll sparkle like a wealthy woman's neck
Just a sec

Don't you know
Coconut crabs crabs
Really look for shiny stuff?
How cute

Oh!
And here they come, come, come!
To the brightest thing that glitters?
Mmmm, illegal

I just love Tammy
And it looks like it's his time...
Anyway, I really, really, REALLY love that Shiny scene from Moana (it's probably my favorite scene in any Disney movie, period), so I definitely wanted to add Tamatoa in a way or another. However, I think that he can fit only as a boss, but that wouldn't be that bad, right? I think he can attack with his claws, his feet, and by using the scenery at his advantage, like by breaking holes in the background and by releasing water streams that damage the player. Of course, Tamatoa is also able to grab the player with his claws and tossing them around, like he does with Moana.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 18:Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)

View attachment 371268

Bill Cipher is the main villain of the 2010s cartoon Gravity Falls,he is a entity or a cosmic demon that is a illuminati's pyramid with eye symbol form.

Bill's moveset would be same from the cartoon and attacks that he doesn't have from the cartoon,also Gravity Falls is my favorite cartoon and a peak fiction.
I'll resubmit Bill Cipher as a boss

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 24: Guard Armor(Kingdom Hearts)

Guard Armor - Characters & Art - Kingdom Hearts | Kingdom hearts  characters, Kingdom hearts, Kingdom hearts fanart

Figured that if Hollow Bastion can be suggested as a stage then I can submit this. The Guard Armor is one of the most memorable bosses in the Kingdom Hearts franchise. The battle arena is set in the same location as its boss fight in KH1. Its attacks would be similar to it's KH1 moveset. Its limbs can be destroyed but it won't affect its healthbar and they'll reappear in a little bit.

Boss Theme: Shrouding Dark Cloud

Job #23: A Moveset for Pete
Neutral Special: Tacks-a-Dermy
Pete spits out a barrage of thumbtacks, as a reference to Get a Horse!, which is now his home stage.
Up Special: Fourth of You Lie
Pete rides an illegal firework back up. This has a 25% chance of exploding on him.
Down Special: Sumo Pete
Pete throws his weight around the stage, much like a sumo wrestler would to maintain dominance.

Neutral Ground: Spitting Hairs
Pete spits some black "ink" at someone. This is a reference to his chewing tobacco days of Steamboat Willie.

Side Aerial: The Ocean Hop
Referencing Pete's early days as Oswald's nemesis, he flies a plane straight at the opponent, but hops out before taking off.

Grand Finale: Beagle Alert!
Pete summons the Beagle Boys to run over the stage and trample any bystanders in their path.

Job #24: Boss Fight
I choose Monstro from Pinocchio.
Monstro! - Disney's Pinocchio (2022) by DarfrenZilla on DeviantArt

Yes, I am using the remake version, and not the original animated Monstro. I mean, it's scary enough that it's a vengeful whale. But when that vengeful beast of the sea is part whale, octopus, sea snake, crocodile, eel, and megladon? That's what makes him prime "boss battle" material.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Disney Boss:

Resubmitting Big Bad Wolf (Silly Symphonies)

Zeke_midas_wolf.jpg

One of the oldest Disney villains I can think of to represent older Disney cartoons some more. He's even managed to make appearances in more modern pieces of Disney media. But, he is definitely up there in the panthenon of Disney villains. He can fight as a boss by concocting a plan of some sorts to get the fighters in danger or so. Tons of fun we can have here when designing what he does as a boss fight.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Disney Boss: The Firebird (Fantasia 2000)
firebird.jpg

“The fire rages on, a never-ending cycle of destruction and renewal.”

Honestly, the concept of fighting one of Earth's deadliest forces of nature in the physical form of a raging bird made of flames is pretty awesome.

“An elemental force of nature, the fire cannot be tamed.”

You would be pretty much trying to desperately hold off the Firebird itself while getting away with the entire forest burning more and more looking as if the apocalypse itself has come. Said bird using attacks from blasting a fire laser to summoning falling fireballs, becoming blob form lunging at you, and other fire related attacks.

“The fire consumes all, leaving only ashes in its wake.”

Fun Fact: The Firebird Suite was based on the eruption of Mount St Helens way back in 1980... yes, THAT St Helens... The very volcano that killed 57 people...

“The wildfire may be a symbol of destruction, but it is also a symbol of rebirth.”

Boss Theme: The Firebird Suite (Imagine this but full-on heavy metal version)

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #23: Pete's moveset
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Straight Punch: Pete wears a boxing glove and punches forward. This attack can be charged. As a reference, think of King K. Rool's forward Smash in Ultimate.
  • Up - Get 'Em!: Pete winds up a powerful uppercut. This attack can be charged. A reference to the eponymous attack he performs in Disney Sorcerer's Arena.
  • Down - Crowbar Uplift: Pete stings a crowbar diagonally downward and uses it as a lever, raising it upwards. This attack hits in two times. Based on Pete's more criminal activities, especially in comic books.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Belly Slam: Pete stretches his belly around. This move can be charged.
  • Up - Gimmie That Puzzle!: Pete yells "GIMMIE THAT PUZZLE!" as a comic book balloon appears above his head, with these exact words written in it. This attack can be charged. It's a reference to Pete's very first appearance in Alice Solves the Puzzle, dating back all the way in 1925.
  • Down - Peg Stomp: Pete stomps downwards with his peg leg. If the design we end up using doesn't feature the peg leg, he then grows one just for this attack, which is a spike and can be charged.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Strike!: Pete throws a bowling ball forward. The ball rolls along the ground and deals very high damage for a projectile.
  • Neutral (midair) - Spare!: similar to ground, but Pete tosses the bowling ball diagonally downwards. This version is even stronger and, at the beginning of the attack, it is a spike.
  • Up - Perfect Shot: Pete jumps diagonally upwards and shoot with two guns where he was standing when he begun the attack. Both Pete's jump and especially the gun shots deal damage. Uniquely, the shots don't act as projectiles (their range isn't very long, as Pete's jump is rather poor).
  • Down - Peg-Leg Shock: Pete stomps the ground in front of him with his peg leg, creating a short-ranged shockwave that deals damage. Again, if Pete ends up not having the peg leg for his design, the merely grows one.
  • Down (midair) - Peg-Leg Plummet: similar to ground, but Pete falls from the sky before stomping. The shockwave's range increases the longer Pete has been falling.
Grand Finale - Julius: Pete transforms into his beastly alter-ego Julius and goes berserk, similar to Petey Piranha in Ultimate (I didn't do this intentionally, it's just a case that Petey and Pete almost share their name).
Coming up with a moveset for Pete was not that easy for me. I tried to emphasize his brute strength and his presence as a sort of a bully. I also gave him moves that feel like they should deal a ton of damage (which is what you want with a heavyweight like Pete).

In the end however, I feel that this moveset could come out better, but that was all I could do with Pete (who I'll admit I am not very familiar with, except for his comic book version, which is straight up a robber and could have made for a fun, but definitely niche moveset).

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's see the submissions for Jobs #23 and #24:

Job #23: Submit a moveset for Pete
Pete spits out a barrage of thumbtacks, as a reference to Get a Horse!, which is now his home stage.
Pete rides an illegal firework back up. This has a 25% chance of exploding on him.
Pete throws his weight around the stage, much like a sumo wrestler would to maintain dominance.

Pete spits some black "ink" at someone. This is a reference to his chewing tobacco days of Steamboat Willie.

Referencing Pete's early days as Oswald's nemesis, he flies a plane straight at the opponent, but hops out before taking off.

Pete summons the Beagle Boys to run over the stage and trample any bystanders in their path.
Job #23: Pete's moveset
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Straight Punch: Pete wears a boxing glove and punches forward. This attack can be charged. As a reference, think of King K. Rool's forward Smash in Ultimate.
  • Up - Get 'Em!: Pete winds up a powerful uppercut. This attack can be charged. A reference to the eponymous attack he performs in Disney Sorcerer's Arena.
  • Down - Crowbar Uplift: Pete stings a crowbar diagonally downward and uses it as a lever, raising it upwards. This attack hits in two times. Based on Pete's more criminal activities, especially in comic books.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Belly Slam: Pete stretches his belly around. This move can be charged.
  • Up - Gimmie That Puzzle!: Pete yells "GIMMIE THAT PUZZLE!" as a comic book balloon appears above his head, with these exact words written in it. This attack can be charged. It's a reference to Pete's very first appearance in Alice Solves the Puzzle, dating back all the way in 1925.
  • Down - Peg Stomp: Pete stomps downwards with his peg leg. If the design we end up using doesn't feature the peg leg, he then grows one just for this attack, which is a spike and can be charged.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Strike!: Pete throws a bowling ball forward. The ball rolls along the ground and deals very high damage for a projectile.
  • Neutral (midair) - Spare!: similar to ground, but Pete tosses the bowling ball diagonally downwards. This version is even stronger and, at the beginning of the attack, it is a spike.
  • Up - Perfect Shot: Pete jumps diagonally upwards and shoot with two guns where he was standing when he begun the attack. Both Pete's jump and especially the gun shots deal damage. Uniquely, the shots don't act as projectiles (their range isn't very long, as Pete's jump is rather poor).
  • Down - Peg-Leg Shock: Pete stomps the ground in front of him with his peg leg, creating a short-ranged shockwave that deals damage. Again, if Pete ends up not having the peg leg for his design, the merely grows one.
  • Down (midair) - Peg-Leg Plummet: similar to ground, but Pete falls from the sky before stomping. The shockwave's range increases the longer Pete has been falling.
Grand Finale - Julius: Pete transforms into his beastly alter-ego Julius and goes berserk, similar to Petey Piranha in Ultimate (I didn't do this intentionally, it's just a case that Petey and Pete almost share their name).
Coming up with a moveset for Pete was not that easy for me. I tried to emphasize his brute strength and his presence as a sort of a bully. I also gave him moves that feel like they should deal a ton of damage (which is what you want with a heavyweight like Pete).
These are the two movesets, submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye and me. Vote for the one you like better. You CAN vote for your own submission.
Despite what the last rule says, I'm voting for Master Hero's moveset. It's definitely more clever than mine.

----
Job #24: Submit a boss
My submission for Job #24 is Tamatoa.
View attachment 371715
I have prepared a short song as of why I want him in the game:
Well El-oh-Zee hasn't always been this mad
I was a sad little dude once
Now I know I can be happy as a clam
Because it's beautiful, baby!

Did everyone say "Listen to Gaston"?
He has the best musical scene?
I need two words to tell their argument apart
Everyone lied

I'd rather watch "Shiny"
It's a treasure of a sunken pirate ship
Open YouTube and look for
Shiny
My face'll sparkle like a wealthy woman's neck
Just a sec

Don't you know
Coconut crabs crabs
Really look for shiny stuff?
How cute

Oh!
And here they come, come, come!
To the brightest thing that glitters?
Mmmm, illegal

I just love Tammy
And it looks like it's his time...
Anyway, I really, really, REALLY love that Shiny scene from Moana (it's probably my favorite scene in any Disney movie, period), so I definitely wanted to add Tamatoa in a way or another. However, I think that he can fit only as a boss, but that wouldn't be that bad, right? I think he can attack with his claws, his feet, and by using the scenery at his advantage, like by breaking holes in the background and by releasing water streams that damage the player. Of course, Tamatoa is also able to grab the player with his claws and tossing them around, like he does with Moana.
I'll resubmit Bill Cipher as a boss
Job 18:Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)

download (2).jpeg

Bill Cipher is the main villain of the 2010s cartoon Gravity Falls,he is a entity or a cosmic demon that is a illuminati's pyramid with eye symbol form.

Bill's moveset would be same from the cartoon and attacks that he doesn't have from the cartoon,also Gravity Falls is my favorite cartoon and a peak fiction.

Job 24: Guard Armor(Kingdom Hearts)

View attachment 371716

Figured that if Hollow Bastion can be suggested as a stage then I can submit this. The Guard Armor is one of the most memorable bosses in the Kingdom Hearts franchise. The battle arena is set in the same location as its boss fight in KH1. Its attacks would be similar to it's KH1 moveset. Its limbs can be destroyed but it won't affect its healthbar and they'll reappear in a little bit.

Boss Theme: Shrouding Dark Cloud
Job #24: Boss Fight
I choose Monstro from Pinocchio.
Monstro! - Disney's Pinocchio (2022) by DarfrenZilla on DeviantArt's Pinocchio (2022) by DarfrenZilla on DeviantArt

Yes, I am using the remake version, and not the original animated Monstro. I mean, it's scary enough that it's a vengeful whale. But when that vengeful beast of the sea is part whale, octopus, sea snake, crocodile, eel, and megladon? That's what makes him prime "boss battle" material.
Chernabog (Fantasia)

He would use his claws, breathe fire, and generate darkness barriers. Fought on Bald Mountain.

Disney Boss:

Resubmitting Big Bad Wolf (Silly Symphonies)

Zeke_midas_wolf.jpg

One of the oldest Disney villains I can think of to represent older Disney cartoons some more. He's even managed to make appearances in more modern pieces of Disney media. But, he is definitely up there in the panthenon of Disney villains. He can fight as a boss by concocting a plan of some sorts to get the fighters in danger or so. Tons of fun we can have here when designing what he does as a boss fight.
Disney Boss: The Firebird (Fantasia 2000)
View attachment 371737
“The fire rages on, a never-ending cycle of destruction and renewal.”

Honestly, the concept of fighting one of Earth's deadliest forces of nature in the physical form of a raging bird made of flames is pretty awesome.

“An elemental force of nature, the fire cannot be tamed.”

You would be pretty much trying to desperately hold off the Firebird itself while getting away with the entire forest burning more and more looking as if the apocalypse itself has come. Said bird using attacks from blasting a fire laser to summoning falling fireballs, becoming blob form lunging at you, and other fire related attacks.

“The fire consumes all, leaving only ashes in its wake.”

Fun Fact: The Firebird Suite was based on the eruption of Mount St Helens way back in 1980... yes, THAT St Helens... The very volcano that killed 57 people...

“The wildfire may be a symbol of destruction, but it is also a symbol of rebirth.”

Boss Theme: The Firebird Suite (Imagine this but full-on heavy metal version)
The submissions are:
-Tamatoa (submitted by me)
-Bill Cipher (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Guard Armor (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-Monstro (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
-Chernabog (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
-Big Bad Wolf (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
-The Firebird (submitted by Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )

Vote for your top three favorite submissions. Your submission can't be your first preference. Here are my votes:
1. The Firebird: yes, I know that Chernabog is THE Fantasia villain, but the idea of fighting a sentient wildfire is definitely one I really like. Not to mention the fact that, if we are going to be complete madmen, Chernabog could end up being playable, but I can't see a similar argument for the Firebird.
2. Tamatoa: I love Tamatoa. Man, I even went out of my way to write a parody of the first part of Shiny just to show how much I love that scene. I can't be happy if Tamatoa doesn't end up in this game, so he gets my second vote.
3. Chernabog: need I say more? Chernabog is the one character you'd picture as a big, imposing Disney boss. Not to mention that his scene definitely gives us many possible idea for how he'd fight. And also, any character from Fantasia gets bonus points because I loved these movies. Man, classic music is such a banger.

Honorable mention goes to Monstro, if anything for choosing the modern design of it. All these four bosses are very cool and I hope they all will be added, sooner or later.

Last edited:
I'm actually voting for Loz00's moveset, due to it covering all of the designated move pool. Yes, I do appreciate your comment, but the references are more varied in that than in my moveset.

1: Chernabog: It's Chernabog. I can't imagine him NOT being considered for a boss.
2: Bill Cipher: If items from Amphibia and Phineas & Ferb are already in the game, why not give the TVA branch a boss battle?
3: Tamatoa: He's one of the most memorable Disney characters in the past decade who isn't yet in the game. And unless we pull an Iron Giant on him, I doubt Tamatoa could make it in as a fighter.

Also, Rathalos is an Assist Trophy in Ultimate, thus making his example a moot point. But I digress.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Bill Cipher
2. Tamatoa
3. Chernabog

Voting for Master Hero's Pete moveset.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Time to wrap things up with Jobs #23 and #24, let's see the results!
Job #23
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye's moveset: 3 votes
LoZ00's moveset: 1 vote

Master Hero Sock-on-Rye's moveset will be the one used for Pete!

As I said, I really liked this moveset. It is very quirky and unique, with a load of references from Pete's older appearances. The Grand Finale is top notch as well. All in all, a moveset I'd say is really ingenious, bravo M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye !
----
Job #24
-Tamatoa: 5 points
-Bill Cipher: 10 points
-Guard Armor: 2 points
-Monstro: 4 points
-Chernabog: 15 points
-Big Bad Wolf: 0 points
-The Firebird: 6 points

Chernabog is our first boss!
Job024_Chernabog.png

Congratulations to Northsouthmap Northsouthmap for submitting this iconic boss. Chernabog is the embodiment of evil in the world of Disney, so it only makes sense that he'd be our first and most iconic boss. He also has a slew of possible moves and his soundtrack would be incredible to say the least.

----
Congratulations, my fellow SmashBoarders: the villains have been vanquished for now. We can rest at ease! So you know what this means? Time for some more jobs!
Job #25: Submit a moveset for Buzz Lightyear
Job #26: Submit a stage for Jack Skellington

Last edited:
Thank you all for liking my moveset that much. And thank you all for giving the villains some leeway.

Job #25: Buzz Lightyear's Moveset
Neutral Special: Astro Blasters
Buzz uses his built-in lasers to blind the opponents.
Up Special: Falling with Style
Buzz glides with his polymer plastic wings, because he can't really fly. Spoilers for a 28-year-old movie.
Down Special: The Ol' Isaac Newton
Buzz does a somersault, and finishes with a directional stomp hard enough to form cracks in the environment.

Neutral Ground: Karate Chop Action
Buzz repeatedly chops in front of his enemies, almost as if it's beyond his control.
Side Ground: Little Green Men
Buzz commands a troupe of LGMs to smother the enemy with love from the Unimind.
Down Ground: Sox
Buzz puts Sox down and commands him to treat the opponent well. He does, in his own special way.

Neutral Aerial: Anti-Gravity Belt
Ironically, Buzz uses this belt as a makeshift whip. But at least it's here at all.
Side Aerial: Spanish Flyboy
Buzz twirls a rose in the enemy's face, in a reference to his most famous part of Toy Story 3.
Up Aerial: Rockets Explode!
Buzz, sans Woody, rides an oversized rocket upwards.

Grand Finale: To Infinity and Beyond!
Team Lightyear (either from the cartoon or the 2022 movie) comes onto the battlefield to blow Winnies up. And yes, I am self-censoring that swear word with a Disney term. Why wouldn't I?

Job #26: Jack Skellington's Home Stage
Halloween Town
Nightmare Before Christmas: Halloween Town by Sherwood-Art on DeviantArt

Really, though. Could it be anywhere else but this location? It would easily be a traveling stage, because of This Is Halloween.

D

Deleted member

Nightmare-christmas-disneyscreencaps.com-993.jpg

Spiral Hill
One of the most iconic pieces of imagery from nightmare before Christmas. Takes place on the hill in front of the yellow moon. The hill is a slope and is slightly expanded from the movie. Halloween town can be seen in the background

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #026: Oogie's Lair
Job026_OogieBoogiesLair.jpeg

You know what's something that the Smash Bros. series could have used? A casino-themed stage. This movie is probably the only chance we'll ever get to add a casino in this game, so I am taking this opportunity immediately.
I imagine that fighters would stand on a roulette that spins around. Based on the outcome of the roulette spin, some fighters may get temporary buffs or nerfs. Then you'd probably also want one or two more platforms around the stage, just to make it a bit more vibrant. Finally, some hazards, like the robotic gunmen and the spinning blades from the movie may appear at times. All in all, I believe that this stage would be somewhat chaotic, but perhaps fun I think? I don't know, I just like the idea of fighting in a giant roulette.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's see the submissions for Jobs #25 and #26:
Job #25
M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye was the only one to submit a moveset for Buzz Lightyear, so his one will be added by default. Nonetheless, congratulations, because this moveset still is very interesting!
Thank you all for liking my moveset that much. And thank you all for giving the villains some leeway.

Job #25: Buzz Lightyear's Moveset
Neutral Special: Astro Blasters
Buzz uses his built-in lasers to blind the opponents.
Up Special: Falling with Style
Buzz glides with his polymer plastic wings, because he can't really fly. Spoilers for a 28-year-old movie.
Down Special: The Ol' Isaac Newton
Buzz does a somersault, and finishes with a directional stomp hard enough to form cracks in the environment.

Neutral Ground: Karate Chop Action
Buzz repeatedly chops in front of his enemies, almost as if it's beyond his control.
Side Ground: Little Green Men
Buzz commands a troupe of LGMs to smother the enemy with love from the Unimind.
Down Ground: Sox
Buzz puts Sox down and commands him to treat the opponent well. He does, in his own special way.

Neutral Aerial: Anti-Gravity Belt
Ironically, Buzz uses this belt as a makeshift whip. But at least it's here at all.
Side Aerial: Spanish Flyboy
Buzz twirls a rose in the enemy's face, in a reference to his most famous part of Toy Story 3.
Up Aerial: Rockets Explode!
Buzz, sans Woody, rides an oversized rocket upwards.

Grand Finale: To Infinity and Beyond!
Team Lightyear (either from the cartoon or the 2022 movie) comes onto the battlefield to blow Winnies up. And yes, I am self-censoring that swear word with a Disney term. Why wouldn't I?
----
Job #26
Job #26: Jack Skellington's Home Stage
Halloween Town
Nightmare Before Christmas: Halloween Town by Sherwood-Art on DeviantArt

Really, though. Could it be anywhere else but this location? It would easily be a traveling stage, because of This Is Halloween.
View attachment 371830
Spiral Hill
One of the most iconic pieces of imagery from nightmare before Christmas. Takes place on the hill in front of the yellow moon. The hill is a slope and is slightly expanded from the movie. Halloween town can be seen in the background
Job #026: Oogie's Lair
View attachment 371868
You know what's something that the Smash Bros. series could have used? A casino-themed stage. This movie is probably the only chance we'll ever get to add a casino in this game, so I am taking this opportunity immediately.
I imagine that fighters would stand on a roulette that spins around. Based on the outcome of the roulette spin, some fighters may get temporary buffs or nerfs. Then you'd probably also want one or two more platforms around the stage, just to make it a bit more vibrant. Finally, some hazards, like the robotic gunmen and the spinning blades from the movie may appear at times. All in all, I believe that this stage would be somewhat chaotic, but perhaps fun I think? I don't know, I just like the idea of fighting in a giant roulette.
These are the three submissions:
Halloween Town (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Spiral Hill (submitted by @DarkVortex)
Oogie's Lair (submitted by me)

Vote for your top ONE favorite submission. You submission CAN be your choice.
I vote for Halloween Town. It's too iconic for me to pass by and I think that it could incorporate elements from Spiral Hill and Oogie's Lair too. Still, these three stages are all pretty cool. I love The Nightmare Before Christmas, so maybe that's why I find all these stages enjoyable. But Halloween Town had to take the cake here.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's see the results for Job #26:
Halloween Town: 5 votes
Spiral Hill: 0 votes
Oogie's Lair: 4 votes

Halloween Town is Jack Skellinton's home stage!
Job026_HalloweenTown.jpeg

Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for submitting the winning stage! This is of course a very iconic and unique location, but it can also incorporate other places from The Nightmare Before Christmas, so it makes a lot of sense.

I announce that I am taking a small hiatus of about a week/10 days. I need to gather more ideas and I also want to rest a bit, after a stressful week. So I'll see you next week (or the following one, I don't know). I'll still be present in other threads, I just won't update this one.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I’ll send a new prompt in a few minutes

Last edited:
Top Bottom