• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
disney_castle.jpeg
(isn't it kind of wild that we didn't have a thread like this already?)

Anyway, welcome to the Disney platform fighter thread you've all been waiting for (or at least I hope so). I mean, Disney is probably the single largest company on Earth, it is only fair that we give it a shot to the platform fighting genre, isn't it?
I will be posting new jobs every couple of days or so, but don't expect me to be extremely consistent.
As usual, the thread will be dealing with every aspect of the game, from the roster to the stages, from gameplay to modes and so on. I will keep track of the development by updating this post.

Mickey Mouse (Moveset, Alternate costumes)
Elsa (Moveset, Alternate costumes)
Stitch (Moveset, Alternate costumes)
Buzz Lightyear (Moveset, Alternate costumes)
Jack Skellington (Moveset, Alternate costumes)
Maleficent (Moveset)
Pete (Moveset)
Sulley & Mike (Moveset)
Kermit the Frog (Moveset)
Mulan (Moveset)
Tigger (Moveset)
Donald Duck
Wreck-It Ralph

Ground attacks
Neutral/Side ground
Up ground
Down ground

Aerial attacks
Neutral/Side aerial
Up aerial
Down aerial

Special moves
Neutral/Side special
Up special
Down special

Grab and Throws (work like NASB), Guard (works like Smash's shield), Dodges (work like MultiVersus)

Grand Finale (essentially a Final Smash)
Grand Finales are activated by either filling a meter (which can be disabled) or by breaking a Mickey-themed Smash Ball (name is WIP). Less commonly, you could also collect a FastPass item to get access to the Grand Finale. Unlike the Mickey-themed Smash Ball, the FastPass doesn't reset the Grand Finale meter.

Many ground attacks can be charged, a few special moves can vary wildly if used on the ground or in midair

Tag-Teams are a gimmick that can be toggled on/off

Unhidden Mickey (original): Break it and you'll be able to unleash a powerful Grand Finale!
Animation Cell (original): Summons an Assist-like character (name is a WIP).
Sky Piece (Chicken Little): Throw it and it blends into the background! But touch it in this state and it explodes.
Boom Shroom (Amphibia): Throw them and they explode.
Pixar Ball (Pixar): Hit it and watch it fly at high speed.
Toodles (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse): Rams into characters and gives them items. Feeding two birds with one treat!
The Legendary Sword (The Black Cauldron): Swing it for heavy damage!
Magnetism Magnifier (Phineas & Ferb): Activate it and no opponent shall escape from this especially strong magnet!
Jafar's Snake Staff (Aladdin): Hypnotize your opponents! Opponents won't be able to attack and they'll follow you like a duckling!
Yzma's Potion (The Emperor's New Groove): Throw it to an opponent and they'll be turned into a turtle, reducing their speed and offensive output.
AUTO (Wall-E): He AUTOmatically protects you from incoming projectiles, grabbing them for you. That's nice, for a bad guy!
Scream Extractor (Monsters, Inc.): Suck your opponents! But don't worry: you can release them too! (just, they'll be flung away...)
Ratatouille (Ratatouille): some fine dining! It restores a lot of damage when eaten.
DRINK ME potion (Alice in Wonderland): follow the instructions on the label to shrink in size. You lose in damage output and survivability, but you gain in speed and evasiveness.
The Box (Recess): traps an opponent in midair, while bystanders take some damage. A true double-edged sword!
FastPass (Disney parks): get one and you IMMEDIATELY get access to your Grand Finale.
Trident (The Little Mermaid): unleash the King of the Seas within you, by firing wicked bolts from this mighty weapon!

Chernabog
Hades

Each character will have 6 alternate costumes

Job #01: Which Mickey Mouse will this game have? --> Classic Mickey Mouse
Job #02: Disney subsidiaries
Job #02.1: Should Pixar be included? --> Yes
Job #02.2: Should Disney TVA be included? --> Yes
Job #02.3: Should Disney Live Action Movies be included? --> Yes
Job #02.4: Should Marvel be included? --> No
Job #02.5: Should Lucasfilm and Star Wars be included? --> No
Job #02.6: Should 20th Century Fox be included? --> No
Job #03: Submit a Disney Animated Canon character that debuted in the 21st Century --> Elsa and Stitch
Job #04: Submit a name for the game --> Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat
Job #05: Submit a moveset template --> see Gameplay
Job #06: How many characters will the base game roster have? --> 50
Job #07: Submit a Mickey Mouse themed stage --> Steamboat Willie
Job #08: Submit a Pixar character --> Buzz Lightyear
Job #09: Submit a moveset for Mickey Mouse --> Here!
Job #10: Submit Elsa's home stage --> Elsa's Castle
Job #11: Submit Stitch's home stage --> Lahui Beach
Job #12: Submit a single-player mode --> Hidden Mickey Mouse Chase
Job #13: Submit a moveset for Elsa --> Here!
Job #14: Submit a gimmick-based character --> Jack Skellington
Job #15: Submit a moveset for Stitch --> Here!
Job #16: Submit an item --> Done!
Job #17: Submit a stage for Buzz Lightyear --> Andy's Room
Job #18: Submit a villain --> Pete
Job #19: Submit a stage for Maleficent --> Forbidden Mountain
Job #20: Submit a moveset for Maleficent --> Here!
Job #21: Submit a villain-theme item --> Done!
Job #22: Submit a stage for Pete --> Get a Horse!
Job #23: Submit a moveset for Pete --> Here!
Job #24: Submit a boss --> Chernabog
Job #25: Submit a moveset for Buzz Lightyear --> Here!
Job #26: Submit a stage for Jack Skellington --> Halloween Town
Job #27: Submit a moveset for Jack Skellington --> Here!
Job #28: Submit a gimmick for the game --> Tag-Teams
Job #29: Submit a Pixar character --> Sulley & Mike
Job #30: Submit a TVA/Live-action character --> Kermit the Frog (live-action)
Job #31: Submit a stage for Sulley & Mike --> Door Chase
Job #32: Submit a moveset for Sulley & Mike --> Here!
Job #33: Submit music tracks for Steamboat Wille --> Listen here!
Job #34: Submit music tracks for Elsa's Castle --> Listen here!
Job #35: Submit a stage for Kermit the Frog
Job #36: Submit a moveset for Kermit the Frog --> Here!
Job #37: Submit music tracks for Lahui Beach --> Listen here!
Job #38: Submit the number of alternate costumes for each character --> 6
Job #39: How many recolors and alternate costumes should each character have? 3 recolors + 2 alternate costumes
Job #40: Submit a female character --> Mulan
Job #41: Submit Mickey's recolors and alternate costumes --> These ones!
Job #42: Submit a prompt for Job #43 --> Submit a stage based on a Disney Park attraction
Job #43: Submit a stage based on a Disney Park attraction --> It's a Small World
Job #44: Submit a stage for Mulan --> Shang's Training Camp
Job #45: Submit a moveset for Mulan --> Here!
Job #46: Submit an item --> Done!
Job #47: Submit music tracks for Andy's Room --> Listen here, here, and here!
Job #48: Submit music tracks for Forbidden Mountain --> Listen here and here!
Job #49: Submit Elsa's recolors and alternate costumes --> These ones!
Job #50: Submit a character you like and explain why they deserve to be in the game --> Tigger
Job #51: Submit a single player side-mode --> When You Brawl Upon a Star
Job #52: Submit how characters gain access to their Grand Finale --> Meter + Mickey-themed Smash Ball
Job #53: Submit Stitch's recolors and alternate costumes --> These ones!
Job #54: Submit a name for the Mickey-themed Smash Ball --> Unhidden Mickey
Job #55: Submit a stage for Tigger --> Winnie the Pooh
Job #56: Submit a moveset for Tigger --> Here!
Job #57: Submit music tracks for Get a Horse! --> Listen here, here, and here!
Job #58: Submit Buzz Lightyear's recolors and alternate costumes --> These ones!
Job #59: Submit Jack Skellington's recolors and alternate costumes --> These ones!
Job #60: Submit a character from Walt Disney's lifetime --> Donald Duck
Job #60: Submit a stage for Donald Duck --> Duckburg
Job #62: Submit a boss --> Hades
Job #63: Submit an Animation Cell character --> Julieta Madrigal
Job #64: Submit a character --> Wreck-It Ralph
So stay tuned for news and updates!

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
As you may have already read, this familiar pal was added by default:
#01_MickeyMouse.png

I mean, wasn't Mickey Mouse the most basic pick for such a game. However, Mickey Mouse gave me the idea for an interesting first job...

Job #01: Which Mickey Mouse will this game have?
When it comes to Mickey Mouse in a video game, there are usually two possibilities: you either have classic Mickey or Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey. For this job, I want you to give reasons why we should include either one of the two versions. After this job will be over, I'll create a poll where you can pick which version of Mickey Mouse do we want to add as the default pick.
Keep in mind that we might end up picking both version of Mickey going on with the jobs.

Job #02: How many Disney subsidiaries will this game involve?
In recent years, Disney has expanded tremendously mostly by buying existing companies. As of now, Disney is made of five main subsidiaries: Disney itself, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 20th Century Fox. How many of these will we be adding to our game? Keep in mind that the Walt Disney Pictures has to be involved. The choice then is: do we want to limit ourselves to Disney? Maybe Disney and Pixar? Do we want to add everything into the mix? Do we keep 20th Century Fox away? Let's discuss!

Before settling the number of characters, I want to decide which subsidiaries will be involved because this will change the size of the roster pretty heavily.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
We did have a Disney platfighter thread a long time ago, but since that kinda fizzled out, I'm glad to see the concept return.

As for the jobs...

Job 1: Composite Mickey
I think rather than hyperfocusing on one specific take on Mickey, we should make him a composite character. Give him a classic, yet modern look such as his 2013 cartoons (pictured), but allow him access to his entire catalogue of cartoon appearances - Sorcerer's Apprentice gives us a lot to work with when it comes to super moves.

The only thing I wouldn't want to see in Mickey's moveset is Epic Mickey or Kingdom Hearts' takes on the mouse - Mainly because they're so radically different from Mickey "canon" that they'd work better as clone characters like Dr. Mario is to Mario.

Job 2: Subsidiaries
I'm open to just about anything from Disney's lineup of subsidiaries, but if we're going with realism here, I'm open to dropping 20th Century Fox. Their lineup has a lot of potential, but a lot of it falls outside of the age group for pretty much everything else under Disney's belt (while Marvel and Lucasfilm's properties appeal to adults, kids can still enjoy things like the MCU and Star Wars) to the point where I'd question a tonal whiplash.

I'm probably breathing way too much into this, though - For the sake of a creation thread, I'm open to anything Disney.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #01: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey.

Whilst a more traditional composite interpretation of this character is an obvious choice, I'd like to propose a more specific one - and one very iconic in its own right. Fantasia is one of Disney's most important pieces of media, well, ever really - and pulling Mickey from there specifically gives us plenty of potential for an approachable but unique moveset that doesn't feel like a slapdash hodgepodge of references (like some of NASB's movesets, for instance) and still allows for Mickey to be simple to understand whilst opening the door for some (slightly) more complex concepts.

Job #02: I'm gonna be real here, just keeping it to Disney's catalogue alongside Pixar gives us more than enough to work with. If you think about it, the problem is that introducing other subsidiaries means our roster is almost invariably going to have very samey picks - Marvel would obviously be represented by either Spider-Man, Iron Man, or maybe the Hulk, Lucasfilm would obviously be represented by a Star Wars pick which would probably be Darth Vader, and so on.

Whilst FOX's stuff is admittedly more varied, their representation would inevitably be Homer Simpson and possibly a Family Guy rep for ****s and giggles, but it's unlikely that the catalogue of any of these subsidiaries would be explored all too much and we'd sort of wind up with half the roster feeling like it's here by necessity. FOX specifically is in a great position for stuff - believe me when I say including a Xenomorph, Sid the Sloth, a Predator, Blueman Avatar Guy, or ****ing Brundlefly would be awesome - but it'd kind of push out the roster's focus, that being Disney.

Maybe as DLC, sure, but in terms of the base roster, keeping things scaled down would let us really delve into some more obscure pulls for Disney (and Pixar!) as a whole, letting us get some deep cuts as well as obvious picks. And besides, it'd let us make some interesting or deep cuts - characters like The Black Hole's Maximillian, or Dexter Reilly, or the Rocketeer, or Powerline, and so many others feel like they'd be fun and interesting inclusions, but we just wouldn't have space for them if we had to not only include the surprising amount of obvious Disney picks but also all of their subsidiaries' work.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1:Composite Mickey
i agree with FazDude put putting Mickey as composite fighter,but i think his design is based on Modern design

Mickey_Mouse.png

Job 2:Subdiaries
well,i think the roster would be more Disney characters and i can put Pixar but with a little bit reps,while Marvel,Lucasfilm and Fox,these are out of the main Roster,but the characters from these companies can be as DLC characters

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 1

As most others have said, we should go with Composite Mickey, the most iconic Mickey. I just want us to stick to his classic design and his moveset only reference the Classic cartoons with modern stuff in there.

Job 2

Our roster should mostly focus on Disney but I would be fine with Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars characters as long as they do not oversaturate the Disney characters. FOX characters can maybe be DLC but I do not see them fitting in a Disney platform fighter to be fair.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #1:

Like other people said, I agree on the idea of composite Mickey is a good idea. His moveset could have references to the mouse's big history, from his roots in the classic Mickey shorts, to the 2013 shorts and beyond. Even having some moves reference Epic Mickey and the Illusion games too.

Job #2:

I think all subsidiaries could be represented, but like AlteredBeast, we should focus our roster mostly on Disney, but we should have a variety of Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Muppets characters too. However, Maybe for 20th Century Fox, we could have Homer as a rep, but maybe also characters like an Xenomorph, Greg Heffley, and also a Blue Sky Studios rep too.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Job 1: Agreeing with composite Mickey

Job 2: Pixar and Disney Channel Animation should be included, but Marvel and Star Wars should be left out because their worlds are so big that they can get their own game.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think we should limit ourselves to Disney, Pixar, and certain non-megafranchise family-friendly live action properties (including smaller non-Marvel/Star Wars acquisitions like The Muppets, Avatar, and Indiana Jones) - though, like KH, I feel LA should be the exception and not the norm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Using 2013 Mickey as a base sounds right.

I do think having a MVS style roster of everything could be a fun experiment, but it might be best to stick to core Disney \ pixar \ certain LA properties like Pirates and Tron \ some TVA stuff and maybe Muppets. That's what the mobile games do. I could go ethier way

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yeah I think for the sake of roster cohesion, it'd be best for us to limit ourselves a bit. I'd say:

-Animated Canon and anything inbetween
-Pixar
-Live action stuff that's directly Disney, so Pirates, Tron, etc etc
-Muppets
-maybe like, one or two TVA characters from particularly iconic shows

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
When it comes to Mickey, maybe an original Mickey design? Something a little more down-and-dirty than the standard Mickey, but not as mischevious as the classic 30s or '13 Mickeys? We don't have to draw it or anything, just describe attributes of his design. Ear size, default expression, eye shape, any outfit changes, so on.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 1: I agree that a hybrid Mickey works the best.

Job 2:
I think it depends for each of the subsidiaries.
  • Pixar should definity be included, as long as the roster isn't overcrowded with them.
  • Marvel and Star Wars are okay as well, but I think we need to be very conservative with them because it can be very easy to go overboard with them. Same with Muppets to a lesser extent.
  • Live Action Disney stuff like Mary Poppins or Tron is good.
  • I think we should at least have a stage representing one of the theme park rides.
  • Fox characters should be reelevated to DLC with the exception of maybe a Simpsons character due to how heavily they are pushed regarding Disney+.

Job #1: Which Mickey Mouse?
I think we should go with the Sorcerer Mickey look, but give the mouse some different costumes to reflect his history. Even then, the hat would stay on regardless of the shirt or pants he wears. I can imagine a KH-based look, a Paul Rudish design, and a Disney Junior-inspired model, to start with.

Job #2: Disney Subsidiaries
I think we should stick to Disney-only properties. This gives us so much to work with, like:
  • Disney Animated Canon
  • Live-action Disney features
  • Disney Television Animation
  • Disney Parks
  • Disney Channels Worldwide (and Disney+)
  • Disney Interactive (Mobile, console, and other games.)
  • Disney Publishing Worldwide
  • Touchstone Pictures and Television
Notice how I didn't add Pixar to the equation. Well, for what they're worth, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm can highlight a second roster by themselves, with Fox, The Muppets, and ABC having a third roster.

Man, Disney owns too much.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday has been a very busy day for me, so I wasn’t able to give you my ideas about Jobs 1 and 2.

Job #01: I agree with the majority that a composite Mickey Mouse would be a better fit. In addition to the reasons already stated, I would also highlight the fact that a composite Mickey could incorporate a move or two from Fantasia and that this version of Mickey works better if we want to add some more Mickey & Friends characters, like Donald Duck, Goofy, or Minnie. As for Mickey Mouse's design, the one I suggest using takes inspiration from the picture I posted while sharing this job: a more classic version that doesn't use the "rougher" aesthetics of 2013 Mickey Mouse's shorts.

Job #02: I’d stick with Disney and Pixar only, but if we were to add some other characters from other subsidiaries, then I agree with Wario Wario Wario in that we could at most add someone from Muppets and other smaller series, like Avatar and the Muppets. I'd definitely keep Marvel and Star Wars out, as I think they might make for a very cool roster (like a Marvel vs. Star Wars game of sorts).
Bottom line: Disney and Pixar only, if not, then smaller series.

Maybe Job #02 could have been done in a better way... I'll think about it later in the day

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I added a poll where you can vote for the version of Mickey Mouse you want to see. I didn't anticipate such a wide preference for composite Mickey Mouse, but I did the poll anyways.

Anyway, after thinking about Job #02, I think that it was probably a bad idea to make it so open ended, so I decided to split Job #02 in a series sub-jobs, each one where you can vote whether or not you want such a subsidiary to appear in the game. For today, I would want to propose you three of these sub-jobs:
Job #02.1: Should Pixar be included in the game?
Job #02.2: Should Disney TVA be included in the game?
Job #02.3: Should Disney Live Action Movies be included in the game?

The jobs are quite self-explanatory: just vote if you want such a branch of Disney to be included in the game or not.

To apologize for the mess I did with Job #02, I am presenting you a more engaging Job:
Job #03: Submit a Disney Animated Canon character that debuted in the 21st Century
Any character that debuted in a Disney Animated Canon movie that was released between Fantasia 2000 and Strange World is eligible. You should also provide a reason why they should be included and explain how they would fight.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
For all the second jobs, yes. I believe we should have content from Pixar and the live-action movies. I do want Disney TVA content as well, just not as much as Pixar and the live-action movies.

Disney Animated 21st Century Character:

Elsa (Frozen)

frozen-png-clipart-1.png

A no-brainer, Frozen is one of the most popular Disney movies out there and it's turning 10 this year! She definitely should be included and maybe even have a bit of a beginner's playstyle to teach younger players how to master a zoner archetype due to her appeal with mostly young girls. She will have ice-themed attacks and the liking like in the Frozen movies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Disney Animated: Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)
ralph.png

"You are bad guy, but this does not mean you are bad guy."

Honestly, I think he would fit so well in a fighting game using his bulk and strength and hitting attacks to punch and stuff, and Wreck-It became one of my favourite films.

Heavyweight character suits him well.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #02.1: Yes. Pixar are pretty much inseperable from Disney at this point in the public consciousness, to the point where I feel like having no Pixar would almost feel a little weird.
Job #02.1: Yes... but limited. TVA has a lot to pull from, and limiting it just to animation might be a bit backwards - including stuff like High School Musical feels like it'd be a good pull, but just TVA works fine too. Even so, try not to focus too much on it.
Job #02.3: Yes. Honestly, there's a lot of mostly untapped potential here - sure, there's obvious pulls like Mary Poppins, Pirates of the Carribean, TRON and The Rocketeer, but then including pulls like the Medfield series, the Herbie series, The Black Hole, and plenty of others - the live action catalogue is one that would honestly add a lot of uniqueness to this roster's vibe.

As for Job #03: As much as I wanted to submit Bowler Hat Guy and Doris for the lols, Elsa's been submitted, so I'll need to step up my game. The only one fit to take on a queen in my eyes is an emperor.

Character Name: Kuzco
Character Origin: The Emperor's New Groove (2000)

Okay, let's start with moveset potential, because there's a lot. Whether you choose to keep Kuzco in his human form and have his entire moveset convey that unique sense of arrogant douchebaggery that only Kuzco could ever get across, have him remain in his llama form and showcase his personality whilst stuck in this form and kind of tripping over himself as a result, or have some kind of mechanic where certain moves turn him into a llama and then back again (a little like Ben Tennyson in CN:pTE), Kuzco's got a ton of potential for that sort of thing. Also, there's not a lot of people in Disney's catalogue who we could argue are similar to him in terms of personality. As a side point, the early 2000s is a point in Disney's history that a lot of people are now developing nostalgia for, and The Emperor's New Groove is a pretty popular piece of media - enough to have developed various memes already (even if most of them are centred around Kronk.) Honestly, this guy seems like a slightly unexpected pick, but one I can imagine being a popular cut whilst not feeling deep. He's cool. I like him.

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job 03:

Movie Debut: Wall-E
Character Name: Wall-E

As the last robot left on earth after humans leave the planet, he make sure to tidy up the earth, one piece of garbage at a time. This adorable little robot would use his trash-collecting skills to build objects he can use to fight. The best comparison I can make for a character he'd play like would be R.O.B and Steve in Smash Ultimate.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pixar: Absolutely, there isn't really a debate here.

TVA: In minor roles. Maybe we could have one or two fighters, but I think this sector of Disney would be best suited for a Gummi Berri Juice or Make-Up-Your-Mind-Inator item - it's closer to the image of "Disney" than Star Wars; Marvel; or the Fox dumb dad and talking animal multiverse, but it's still considered it's own brand to most, especially the more lore-heavy teen-aimed recent stuff. If we add assists I think they'd fit well there too. If we do go all the way on TVA, I'd like some Playhouse/Junior representation, even if not as fighters.

LA: For this I think the amount of characters should be high, but the amount of franchises should be low. Multiple pirates, multiple Muppets, maybe a second Indiana Jones fighter, Mary Poppins and a Tron rider in there for instance. Don't go all in adding Flubber and That Darn Cat and the computer who wore tennis shoes or anything like that, but still give a decent chunk of the roster to LA heroes and villains. LA Disney movies tend to spawn franchises a lot more than animated movies. I also wouldn't be opposed to alternate costumes or attacks based on the remakes (a Scar *****slap for instance), but anything more than that is a no.

Maui

I imagine Maui's moveset being primarily staff-themed, but with some animal transformations thrown in - though I could go either way. Will probably be the heaviest human-like character in the game, given he can do anything but float.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
For Mickey, if he remains a composite of all his appearances, I think Sorcerer Mickey would need to be his most powerful attack (ala Final Smash).

Job 2:
  • Pixar is an absolute yes considering how much of the Disney brand the Pixar characters are. Honestly, I feel like if we exclude Pixar in this scenario, people would look at this game and be like "where's Buzz Lightyear?"
  • Disney Television Animation is another thing I feel like we should include. While I feel like at most we would have three or four (if the roster was large), I think that the Disney Channel has created extremely iconic characters like Perry the Platypus or used them in a manner that elevated them like Scrooge McDuck.
  • Live Action is also a yes. While I do think if this was a real game it be unlikely due to needing said actors likeness (reason why Giselle isn't a Disney Princess I believe), I think we need representation of iconic movies like Mary Poppins, Tron, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Muppets (are they part of live action?).
Job 3:
While there are characters I would love to submit for this job (shout outs to Dr. Facilier, Rapunzel, Nick Wilde and Luisa), I feel we should get one of the easiest locks for a Disney fighting game out of the way immediately. From the 2002 animated feature Lilo and Stitch I nominate Experiment 626 himself: Stitch.
Stitch.png

Why Stitch you may ask? Stitch is one of the most iconic Disney characters of all time, and is one of the characters they love to market. During the 2000s, he was championed by the company, leading to him being hoisted to the level as the fab 5.

Stitch is a character I think we wouldn't struggle with coming with a move set for, with him having a second pair of retractable arms, as well being skilled with blasters.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #02:
Pixar: of course Pixar should be included. At this point, it is even hard to distinguish what separates Disney to Pixar and vice versa, so it makes total sense to have it.
TVA: I'd like to have TVA in the game, but with one or two fighters at most (like Agent P and maybe Scrooge McDuck). But yeah, I think we should include TVA in the game.
Live action: yes please! Pirates of the Caribbean and the Muppets are both must have, but we could (and definitely should) include some other live action characters, like Mary Poppins, TRON and a Hocus Pocus pick. There's tons of unique stuff here to choose!

Job #03:
I have been beaten by a matter of a few minutes by SmashMaster, so I'll have to change my pick at the last minute and I am going with...
Job003_Rapunzel.png

Rapunzel!
When I think of modern-Disney era, I can't help but feel like it started with Tangled. In my opinion, Tangled is probably that one movie that more than any other took the classic Disney formula and shook it to make it feel fresh and current. Bottom line, I really did enjoy Tangled.
Rapunzel herself would be an excellent pick, as she could use her hair as a whip of sorts and she wields a frying pan for close-quarter combat. If we want to be quirky, we may even pick a few moves from the Tangled TV show, tying together the Animated Canon and the TVA in a way that is definitely not intrusive, regardless of what we want to do with TVA. Plus, she is a Disney Princess, which we definitely want to represent in a healthy way.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #3: Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Character Debut: Zootopia (March 4th, 2016)

Judy is the main character of Disney's Zootopia, she is a member of the Zootopia Police Department, and a friend of Nick Wilde. In the movie, they both take on the Emmitt Otterton case, which they both become involved in a conspiracy that settles their differences. Her playstyle is that she is a fast strengthy fighter, with some quick, agile attacks.

I voted for Classic Mickey Mouse, although his finisher would probably use the Sorcerer's Hat anyway.

Job #2.1: Should Pixar be included in this game?
Actually, I think it shouldn't. It's not that I don't see the potential of Pixar characters in this game, far from it. It's more like Disney has more than enough without using a single acquisition, which unfortunately Pixar is one of them. They're more than capable of making an all-acquisition Disney roster, and we should possibly consider that down the line.
Job #2.2: Should Disney TVA be included in this game?
Yes, but, only if there are 10 or less fighters from that division. I think there are enough S-tier cartoons to consider representation, from DuckTales and Darkwing Duck, to Amphibia and The Owl House, and a whole lot in between.
Job #2.3: Should Disney Live-Action Movies be included in this game?
Yes, they should. But to the average Disney fan, regardless of age, I feel like this would be where a lot of the "Who is this?" picks would reside as far as homegrown Disney characters are concerned.

But if anything, I'm glad the flying elephant in the room that is "which elements of Disney to include" has been addressed.

Job #3: 21st Century Disney character
The likes of Stitch, Elsa, and Rapunzel were already covered, but if the sidekicks can supplant the protagonists, make way for who the first Frozen rep would probably be.

Olaf
Olaf | Disney Wiki | Fandom

A living, talking snowman, Olaf could stand against Elsa as our first Frozen fighter easily. Why, his holiday special got the theatrical treatment in front of a Pixar classic, but that would open up old wounds.

As for how Olaf can fight, he can throw his own body parts around, and being immortal in cold weather, wouldn't take damage himself from doing that. He can also summon Sven, if need be, due to the reindeer's love of carrots, which the snowman's nose happens to be.

He can even summon the Snowgies, and even Marshmallow for a finishing attack at the end of the match.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job 03:

Movie Debut: Wall-E
Character Name: Wall-E

As the last robot left on earth after humans leave the planet, he make sure to tidy up the earth, one piece of garbage at a time. This adorable little robot would use his trash-collecting skills to build objects he can use to fight. The best comparison I can make for a character he'd play like would be R.O.B and Steve in Smash Ultimate.
I am afraid, but Wall-E isn’t eligible for this Job, as he is a Pixar character…

Job 3: Genie(Aladdin)
Genie isn’t eligible for this job as well, since Aladdin came out in the 90s. That’s a shame because he was a very good pick nonetheless!

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Pixar: Less than Disney Canon
TVA: Same amount as Pixar
Live Action: Less than both Pixar and TVA

Baymax (Big Hero 6)
1680170544396.jpeg

Popular movie that got a TV show and spinoff. Connects with Marvel but its own thing.
For attacks, he could shoot out rocket fists and fly into fighters. He could also heal other players if on a team.

21st century Disney character submission:
Luisa Madrigal (Encanto)
1680185268839.png
Luisa Madrigal is one of supporting protagonists from 2021 movie Encanto and she is one of Mirabel's sisters that has a "super strength" superpower. She is a middle child of Julieta and Agustin Madrigal, the younger sister of Isabela, and the older sister of Mirabel.

Her moveset would use her strength to do melee attacks like punching, kicking or stuff. Plus she might also use other family member's abilities as her attacks.
Her playstyle in the game would be grappler due to her strength and she would be female heavyweight fighter in the game.

I'm submitting her because she seems to be a one of characters from Encanto that makes sense in fighting game. Plus having a buff woman in the game is a great idea.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm open to Pixar, TVA, and Live-Action, but they should be handled in moderation for the most part, especially from a roster perspective. I don't want any live-action reps as opposed to their animated counterparts, and while I love the TVA, I don't want them to overshadow anything. I just want a nice balance of everything here.

(That said, I will echo WaWaWa's sentiment about Disney Junior reps - #HandyMannySweep)

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
I am afraid, but Wall-E isn’t eligible for this Job, as he is a Pixar character…

Genie isn’t eligible for this job as well, since Aladdin came out in the 90s. That’s a shame because he was a very good pick nonetheless!
My bad, I'll try again later

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I think enough time has passed, so let's review our progress so far:

Job #01: As evidenced by the poll, Classic Mickey Mouse won over Fantasia Mickey Mouse with 11 votes out of 14! That's a huge margin (79% vs. 21%), so I can safely say that
Mickey Mouse is the first character to join the roster
#01_MickeyMouse.png

Of course, this doesn't disqualify Fantasia Mickey Mouse from future Jobs.

Job #02: for all three Jobs #02 so far, the response has been quite positive actually. Let's see that in more detail:
Job #02.1: with a majority of 8 out of 9 votes, Pixar will be present in our game!
Job #02.2 and Job #02.3: everyone agreed that we should include TVA and live-action stuff in the game, but many pointed out that we should handle these properties carefully, especially for TVA. I am taking note of this and we will discuss the quotas of each subsidiary once we will have completed Job #02 and figured out how many characters we should include in our game.
At any rate,
Pixar, Disney TVA, and Disney Live Action will be part of the game

Let's now review the submissions for Job #03:

Elsa (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Wreck-It Ralph (submitted by Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
Kuzco (submitted by KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Maui (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Stitch (submitted by SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )
Rapunzel (submitted by yours truly)
Bolt (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Judy Hopps (submitted by Owen23 Owen23 )
Olaf (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Baymax (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Luisa Madrigal (submitted by Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )

Vote for your three favorite characters. Please, keep in mind that the character you submitted can't be your first choice. As an example, this is my list:
  1. Elsa
  2. Wreck-It Ralph
  3. Rapunzel
I'll probably speed things up for this thread, so that it doesn't feel a bit dead. Expect results and new jobs tomorrow.

Top Bottom