• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 17

Star Command Headquarters (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)

facb53cdc65bfec6f0604cbc56ceb750--toy-story-party-buzz-lightyear.jpg

This is the headquarters for the Star Command. Basically, I envision the layout being a Pokémon Stadium 2-esque layout that takes place inside the Briefing Room with various Star Command members cheering you on as you fight. After all, Buzz is one of the most iconic Disney characters so he deserves a competitively-legal stage.

Job 18

Big Bad Wolf (Silly Symphonies)

Zeke_midas_wolf.jpg

One of the oldest Disney villains I can think of to represent older Disney cartoons. He's even managed to make appearances in more modern pieces of Disney media. But, he is definitely up there in the panthenon of Disney villains. He can fight with some sort of trickery gimmick such as concocting a plan of some sorts to get the fighters in danger or so. Tons of fun we can have here.

Job #18: Pete (Mickey Mouse)
Pete | Disney Wiki | Fandom

Do I even need a reason for submitting him as our second villain rep? It's PETE. The archenemy of Mickey Mouse, a household name in his own right, and the oldest recurring Disney character, period.

Want another reason? Well, as a result of his long career, you can do as much with him as you can with Mickey himself. Heck, we can even make a Julius skin for Pete, similar to Alph or the Koopalings.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Pizza Planet
1682439694873.jpeg

Flat stage inside the claw machine, with the claw pulling up fighters and KOing them.

Dr. Doof (Phineas and Ferb)
1682439591761.jpeg

Fighting games are missing the mad scientist character, so Doof would be a great fit. He would use his inators to fight his opponents.

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #17: Toy Time
Job017_ToyBox.png

This stage would have various transitions, reflecting Andy's room and his ingenuity. A standard version of the stage would be kind of like the hazard-less version of Living Room in Ultimate. However, this stage would have three variations, that cycle through: the first of them is base on space, the second of them is based on a far-west scenery and the third of them is based on modern rooftops. Each of these variations has some intrusive hazards, such as Hamm flying on a UFO shooting laser beams, Bullseye and Woody (or if he ends up being playable, Jesse) throwing Pixar balls to the playable fighters or a giant Rex running around, scared.

Job #18: Dr. Facilier
#30_DrFacilier.png

In my mind, Dr. Facilier has always been a puppeteer-type of character: much like Rosalina, Facilier sends his shadow out to do the dirty job for him. Alternatively, you can have the shadow stand next to him, granting Facilier an unprecedented range in most of his physical attacks. Either way, I think he is a must have for a game like this.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job #18: Davy Jones(PotC)
1682452230456.png

Davy Jones is a fighter with high resistance to damage and high attack damage much like Ganondorf.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 17:
Andy's Room
room_01_1606454248581_1607100029915.jpg

The characters will battle on both Andy's bed and the chest next to it. Here's a really rough layout. There is a solid wall on the right hand side fyi.
Andys Room Layout.png

Most of the time, the toys will watch the fight, however occasionally they'll panic for a second and drop down. That's because Andy is coming. If the fighters move while Andy is present, they'll receive a huge amount of knockback. (I was torn between this and Sunnyside).

Job 18: Generational Trauma
The only antagonist from both Encanto, Turning Red and I assume Strange World. I still haven't watched it. All I know about it is that Disney didn't advertise it.

Job 18: Yzma
1682478340288.png

For this job, there were lots of characters I might have picked. The two I was most torn between were Sandersons Sisters from Hocus Pocus and Yzma. While other villains like Gaston, Hades or Jafar are more iconic, I felt that their movies are likely to receive characters regardless of their villains getting it.

1682478525938.png

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Job 18: Generational Trauma
The only antagonist from both Encanto, Turning Red and I assume Strange World. I still haven't watched it. All I know about it is that Disney didn't advertise it.
I don't know if it's just me but I got a lot of ads for Strange World for some reason

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sorry if I am a bit late, but time to recap the submissions:
Job #17:
Job 17

Star Command Headquarters (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)

View attachment 371270

This is the headquarters for the Star Command. Basically, I envision the layout being a Pokémon Stadium 2-esque layout that takes place inside the Briefing Room with various Star Command members cheering you on as you fight. After all, Buzz is one of the most iconic Disney characters so he deserves a competitively-legal stage.
Pizza Planet
View attachment 371327
Flat stage inside the claw machine, with the claw pulling up fighters and KOing them.
Job #17: Toy Time
View attachment 371331
This stage would have various transitions, reflecting Andy's room and his ingenuity. A standard version of the stage would be kind of like the hazard-less version of Living Room in Ultimate. However, this stage would have three variations, that cycle through: the first of them is base on space, the second of them is based on a far-west scenery and the third of them is based on modern rooftops. Each of these variations has some intrusive hazards, such as Hamm flying on a UFO shooting laser beams, Bullseye and Woody (or if he ends up being playable, Jesse) throwing Pixar balls to the playable fighters or a giant Rex running around, scared.
Job 17:
Andy's Room
View attachment 371348
The characters will battle on both Andy's bed and the chest next to it. Here's a really rough layout. There is a solid wall on the right hand side fyi.
View attachment 371347
Most of the time, the toys will watch the fight, however occasionally they'll panic for a second and drop down. That's because Andy is coming. If the fighters move while Andy is present, they'll receive a huge amount of knockback. (I was torn between this and Sunnyside).
Star Commando Headquarters (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Pizza Planet (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Toy Time (submitted by me)
Andy's Room (submitted by SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )

Vote for your top two favorite submissions. Your submission can't be your first choice. Here are my votes:
1. Andy's Room: a classic, it has to be there somehow. I also like it has a simplistic design but also a gimmick (which, if I am not mistaken, is quite similar to Gamer).
2. Toy Time: at its core, it is quite similar to Andy's Room, but it is a bit more convoluted as a stage, perhaps to a fault. Still, I think it might be a fun idea.

----

Now let's see which evils we decided to summon upon this thread with the submissions for Job #18:
Bill Cipher (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Big Bad Wolf (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Pete (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Ursula (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Dr. Doofenshmirtz (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Dr. Facilier (submitted by me)
Davy Jones (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Yzma (submitted by SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )

Vote for your top three favorite submissions. Your own submission can't be the first choice. Here are my votes:
1. Big Bad Wolf: my man Ezekiel really is underestimated! While not the intimidating among Disney Villains, Ezekiel can definitely pack some unique traits. Honestly, I'd die to play as him: just picture him blowing an insane amount of air to the opponents and pushing them off stage! He would be unbearable, but also insanely fun! Rationally speaking, he should be lower, but I don't think he has many other chances to be in the game, so I am doing whatever I can to add him.
2. Ursula: an icon of Disney Villains, it doesn't help that she has an extremely unique body frame, a personality larger than life, and the fact that she comes from a popular and beloved movie that, alas, can hardly be translated to a platform fighting game. Luckily for her (and for us!), Ursula is the only exception, as the is the only character coming from The Little Mermaid I can easily see in Kingdom of Combat.
3. Pete: Mickey's arch-rival is another interesting character to add, especially because he has almost a century of appearances under his belt (in fact, Pete predates Mickey Mouse by 3 years). For Pete's overall appearance and moveset, I think we should mainly reference his older appearances, where he was more of a bandit than the bully we see in Goof Troop. We also are in dire need of heavyweights, so Pete fits in perfectly (to be fair, Ursula too is great as a heavyweight fighter).

1: Star Command Headquarters - This stage deserves more votes. If anything, we should save the Toy Story stage for someone like Woody, and give Buzz an actual Star Command arena.
2: Andy's Room - Out of all the Toy Story places that could be picked, this is the most iconic. Need I say more?

1: Dr. Doofenshmirtz - Out of all the other suggestions, Doof would be a unique fighter, both in his moveset and in his representation wheelhouse of their TV unit.
2: Pete - If my suggestion can't be first place, I'm making sure he comes in second.
3: Dr. Facilier - Not only is this guy one of the standouts in the past decade and a half of Walt Disney Animation Studios, but he's the closest we'll probably get to hearing Keith David's voice in this game. My apologies if you love Goliath, King Andrias, or Manny the Uncanny Headless Man-Horse Gargoyle Pegasus, but you just can't top a theatrical debut in this case.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
After a short break, I'm back. Let's wrap things up with Jobs #17 and #18.
Job #17
Star Commando Headquarters: 3 points
Pizza Planet: 6 points
Toy Time: 1 point
Andy's Room: 14 points

Andy's Room is Buzz Lightyear's home-stage!
Job017_AndysRoom.png

Congratulations to SmasherMaster SmasherMaster for submitting the winning stage! I really loved the idea, but I was not the only one -- it won with a very large majority! You also submitted picture representing the layout of the stage, which is a very welcome addition!

----
Job #18
Bill Cipher: 1 point
Big Bad Wolf: 9 points
Pete: 14 points
Ursula: 12 points
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: 6 points
Dr. Facilier: 3 points
Davy Jones: 2 points
Yzma: 1 point

Pete is the first villain to join the roster!
Job018_Pete.png

Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for submitting this heavyweight (pun intended) of a Disney character! It only makes sense that Pete was chosen as our first villain (after Maleficent, but she was added by default), as the perfect foil to Mickey Mouse, our first character overall. Again, a really, really, cool choice. But, to be fair, every character listed here would have been a valid choice!

----

Regrettably, the villains haven't left the thread yet: they threatened to stay until we have discussed a bit more about their stages and movesets. So we are momentarily pushing back Buzz Lightyear's moveset but trust me, it's for the greater good. So these are today's jobs:
Job #19: Submit a stage for Maleficent
Job #20: Submit a moveset for Maleficent

Job #19-20: Maleficent's Turf and Moveset

Forbidden Mountains
The Forbidden Mountains by Arnumdrusk on DeviantArt

What many would consider the centerpiece of a Disney Villains-themed park, this dark and dreary locale would trump all others that associate themselves with the Mistress of All Evil. Plus, when not chosen for battle, you can see Maleficent's dragon form fly in the background.

Hey, I'm just trying to get in their good graces, same as you.

Neutral Special: Lightning Bolts
Maleficent shoots lightning from her magic staff, which does not tire out after continuous use. Yes, this can be a moment of "cheesing a victory" if that's the appropriate term, but it's Maleficent. Does she fight fair? I thought not.
Up Special: Teleportation
Maleficent, technically being a fairy herself, can teleport herself back onto the platform.
Down Special: Wall of Thorns
Maleficent creates a wall of thorns to protect herself from oncoming attacks. She can be shot from behind, however.

Neutral Ground: Claw Swipe
Taking an anime-esque page, Maleficent can now shapeshift one of her arms into a dragon claw to swipe at the opponent.
Side Ground: Tree Soldier
Inspired by the 2014 reimagining, Maleficent summons a living tree, which can stomp the opponent.
Up Ground: Flight-and-Fight Response
Taking inspiration from both movies, Maleficent gains temporary dragon wings, specifically to practically suffocate the opponent, whether through the wings or the ground.

Neutral Aerial: Diablo
Maleficent summons her pet crow to swoop and unnerve the opponent.
Up Aerial: Pig Toss
Maleficent tosses one of her minions and hurls it at her enemy.
Down Aerial: Lightning Storm
Maleficent conjures a storm cloud from the sky, and shocks the opponent. This could result in a spike, as well.

Grand Finale: Dragon Maleficent
Maleficent transforms into her dragon persona (Not a euphenism, I swear.), and breathes green fire onto the stage.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Moveset for Maleficent coming later today (or tomorrow, who I don’t know). I’m thinking of a stage too

D

Deleted member

Sleeping_Beauty_Castle_DLR.jpg

Sleeping Beauty's Castle
An iconic location from all of Disney. Aurora is unlikely to be playable so it makes sense to pair this with Maleficent. Would be pretty similar to Hyrule Castle from Smash 64, its players fighting on top of the castle. Aurora can be seen sleeping through a window. Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather will fly past in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I kept you waiting, but here I am with my submissions for Jobs #19 and #20:
Job #19 - Hollow Bastion
Job019_HollowBastion.jpeg

It's not like we don't know it. Hollow Bastion would be very similar to its Smash incarnation (and it is made on purpose: it is more like a tribute), but it would lack the Dive to the Heart transition. Also, it would focus more on the arena where you fight Maleficent. I don't really love the idea, but I thought it would have been fun to have the option for this stage as well.

Job #20 - Maleficent's moveset
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Lightning Spell: Maleficent conjures a lightning spell from the tip of her staff. This move can't be charged but it can be held out, progressively decreasing the move's range and power. The lightning acts like a beam that spreads out at the end of its range.
  • Up - Blazing Spiral: Maleficent twirls her staff upwards, creating a spiral of flames.
  • Down - Thorn Barrier: Maleficent quickly grows thorns all around herself. This move can be charged, increasing its power and range. It does not act as a powerful KO tool, being more a defensive tool.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Lighting Spell: similar to ground, but it cannot be held out.
  • Up - Thunderbolt: Maleficent raises her staff and summons a lightning from the sky. The lightning hits Maleficent's staff, creating an explosion all around her. It is somewhat similar to Pikachu's down special from Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl, but the lightning itself is much weaker and the explosion is smaller. It's a dirty tool to have (having infinite range upwards), but I think that having a cheap attack suits Maleficent very well.
  • Down - Flaming Frame: Maleficent's cloak catches fire. This move can be held out and Maleficent's air physics is unaltered. However, the hit-box's size decreases the longer the move is held out.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Fire Circlet: Maleficent turns herself into a wheel of green fire and dashes forward. This attack has a surprising amount of KO power behind it.
  • Up - Zapping Teleportation: Maleficent disappears and teleports into a direction, creating an electric explosion. It is somewhat comparable to Sheik's up special, in both range and power, as the disappearance deals significantly less damage than the reappearance. Maleficent can teleport in eight different directions (up, left, right, down, and in-between directions).
  • Down - Sleeping Curse: Maleficent releases a green aura all around her, putting everyone inside the aura asleep. It is similar to Jigglypuff's up special.
  • Down (midair) - Green Tornado: Maleficent summons a tornado of green flames and sends it downward. The tornado is similar to Mega Man's up special, but sent downwards. It also pushes opponents sideways.
Grand Finale - Maleficent Dragon: Maleficent transforms into a giant dragon and breathes fire forward. It is very similar to Samus's Final Smash and it can also be aimed up or down.

Other: Maleficent can jump up to four times (one standard jump and three midair ones): in order to do so, she turns the cloak into raven-like wings, like the ones she has in the live-action movies.
Maleficent is yet another range-based character. She is more defensive oriented than other fighters (especially Elsa, who I acknowledge is quite similar in more than one way), but has two or three decent KO options (mostly up aerial and up special, but in a pinch neutral special works too). I wanted to mainly stick to the animated version of Maleficent, but I have thrown a reference to the live-action movies in her multiple jumps.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's wrap things up with the submissions for Jobs #19 and #20:
Job #19 - Submit a stage for Maleficent
Job #19: Maleficent's Turf

Forbidden Mountains
View attachment 371484
What many would consider the centerpiece of a Disney Villains-themed park, this dark and dreary locale would trump all others that associate themselves with the Mistress of All Evil. Plus, when not chosen for battle, you can see Maleficent's dragon form fly in the background.
View attachment 371490
Sleeping Beauty's Castle
An iconic location from all of Disney. Aurora is unlikely to be playable so it makes sense to pair this with Maleficent. Would be pretty similar to Hyrule Castle from Smash 64, its players fighting on top of the castle. Aurora can be seen sleeping through a window. Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather will fly past in the background.
Job #19 - Hollow Bastion
View attachment 371531

It's not like we don't know it. Hollow Bastion would be very similar to its Smash incarnation (and it is made on purpose: it is more like a tribute), but it would lack the Dive to the Heart transition. Also, it would focus more on the arena where you fight Maleficent. I don't really love the idea, but I thought it would have been fun to have the option for this stage as well.
Here are the three submissions:
Forbidden Mountain (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Sleeping Beauty's Castle (submitted by @DarkVortex)
Hollow Bastion (submitted by me)

Vote for your favorite submission. You CAN vote for your own submission.
My vote goes to Forbidden Mountain. I think that Maleficent needs a dark and unsettling stage and this one makes a lot of sense.

----
Job #20 - Submit a moveset for Maleficent
Job #20: Maleficent's Moveset
Maleficent shoots lightning from her magic staff, which does not tire out after continuous use. Yes, this can be a moment of "cheesing a victory" if that's the appropriate term, but it's Maleficent. Does she fight fair? I thought not.
Maleficent, technically being a fairy herself, can teleport herself back onto the platform.
Maleficent creates a wall of thorns to protect herself from oncoming attacks. She can be shot from behind, however.

Taking an anime-esque page, Maleficent can now shapeshift one of her arms into a dragon claw to swipe at the opponent.
Inspired by the 2014 reimagining, Maleficent summons a living tree, which can stomp the opponent.
Taking inspiration from both movies, Maleficent gains temporary dragon wings, specifically to practically suffocate the opponent, whether through the wings or the ground.

Maleficent conjures a storm cloud from the sky, and shocks the opponent. This could result in a spike, as well.

Maleficent transforms into her dragon persona (Not a euphenism, I swear.), and breathes green fire onto the stage.
Job #20 - Maleficent's moveset
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Lightning Spell: Maleficent conjures a lightning spell from the tip of her staff. This move can't be charged but it can be held out, progressively decreasing the move's range and power. The lightning acts like a beam that spreads out at the end of its range.
  • Up - Blazing Spiral: Maleficent twirls her staff upwards, creating a spiral of flames.
  • Down - Thorn Barrier: Maleficent quickly grows thorns all around herself. This move can be charged, increasing its power and range. It does not act as a powerful KO tool, being more a defensive tool.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Lighting Spell: similar to ground, but it cannot be held out.
  • Up - Thunderbolt: Maleficent raises her staff and summons a lightning from the sky. The lightning hits Maleficent's staff, creating an explosion all around her. It is somewhat similar to Pikachu's down special from Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl, but the lightning itself is much weaker and the explosion is smaller. It's a dirty tool to have (having infinite range upwards), but I think that having a cheap attack suits Maleficent very well.
  • Down - Flaming Frame: Maleficent's cloak catches fire. This move can be held out and Maleficent's air physics is unaltered. However, the hit-box's size decreases the longer the move is held out.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Fire Circlet: Maleficent turns herself into a wheel of green fire and dashes forward. This attack has a surprising amount of KO power behind it.
  • Up - Zapping Teleportation: Maleficent disappears and teleports into a direction, creating an electric explosion. It is somewhat comparable to Sheik's up special, in both range and power, as the disappearance deals significantly less damage than the reappearance. Maleficent can teleport in eight different directions (up, left, right, down, and in-between directions).
  • Down - Sleeping Curse: Maleficent releases a green aura all around her, putting everyone inside the aura asleep. It is similar to Jigglypuff's up special.
  • Down (midair) - Green Tornado: Maleficent summons a tornado of green flames and sends it downward. The tornado is similar to Mega Man's up special, but sent downwards. It also pushes opponents sideways.
Grand Finale - Maleficent Dragon: Maleficent transforms into a giant dragon and breathes fire forward. It is very similar to Samus's Final Smash and it can also be aimed up or down.

Other: Maleficent can jump up to four times (one standard jump and three midair ones): in order to do so, she turns the cloak into raven-like wings, like the ones she has in the live-action movies.
Maleficent is yet another range-based character. She is more defensive oriented than other fighters (especially Elsa, who I acknowledge is quite similar in more than one way), but has two or three decent KO options (mostly up aerial and up special, but in a pinch neutral special works too). I wanted to mainly stick to the animated version of Maleficent, but I have thrown a reference to the live-action movies in her multiple jumps.
Here are the two submissions, by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye and me. Vote for your favorite submission. You CAN vote for your own submission.

For now, I will abstain from this choice. Both movesets incorporate elements that I like (Master Hero's neutral ground and down aerials are very cool, but I like my neutral down specials better) and I can't actually decide which one I like more. So for me it's a draw.

D

Deleted member

forbidden mountain. I don't wanna self vote and plus I do agree her state should be dark. I'm not sold on the idea of giving hee the KH stage. My only worry is about this clashing with Bald Mountain because that's a must have but we can make it work

I vote for my own moveset, if only because I read the assignment and didn't add additional jumps or specials. We're talking about the mascot of the Disney Villains line, essentially.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, let's wrap things up with the results for Jobs #19 and #20.
Job #19
Forbidden Mountain: 7 votes
Sleeping Beauty's Castle: 0 votes
Hollow Bastion: 1 vote

Forbidden Mountain is Maleficent's home stage!
Job019_ForbiddenMountain.jpeg

Congratulations to M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye for submitting the winning entry! This stage is great. The whole sequence in the original movie is great too. I also think it fits the game very well, since we don't really have anything comparable in any Disney movie, except for maybe Bald Mountain. At any rate, this opportunity was too good to add Forbidden Mountain, especially considering that the other two stages may be added later on pretty easily.

----

M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye was on a roll, because with a 100% majority he also submitted the winning moveset for Maleficent!
Job #20: Maleficent's Moveset

This moveset is cool, it has some great ideas and, most importantly, it lets you play as Maleficent like you would expect her to do. I particularly liked some ideas, like Down Aerial and Neutral Ground.

----

Let's move on with some more villain-themed Jobs here:
Job #21: Submit a villain-themed item
I must stress that this Job too won't require any voting, since we are currently running low on items. So just submit an item that you think makes sense and is somehow related to a Disney or Pixar villain. Please take note that we already have a few items, so try not to send any duplicate. I'm attaching a list with the items we already have:
-Animation Cell (original): Summons an Assist-like character (name is a WIP)
-Sky Piece (Chicken Little): Throw it and it blends into the background! But touch it in this state and it explodes
-Boom Shroom (Amphibia): Throw them and they explode
-Pixar Ball (Pixar): Hit it and watch it fly at high speed
-Toodles (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse): Rams into characters and gives them items. A double-edge sword!
-The Legendary Sword (The Black Cauldron): Swing it for heavy damage!

Job #22: Submit a stage for Pete

Job #21: Magnetism Magnifier (Phineas and Ferb)
Magnetism Magnifier | Phineas and Ferb Wiki | Fandom

In this game, it drags your opponent closer to you, so you can hit him/her and keep hitting him/her for up to 10 seconds straight.

Job #22: Mean Street (Epic Mickey)
Welcome to Mean Street by LeoGCady on DeviantArt

(Disclaimer: The official art won't upload here, so I had to make do with this.)

In my opinion, there isn't another stage we can use for Pete without overlapping with Mickey or Goofy. Besides, not only was it explicitly stated that there's lots of Pete in the Wasteland, resulting in some easy costume fodder, but we can just use one of the projector screens if Oswald gets in.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Disney Villain Weapon:

Jafar's Snake Staff (Aladdin)

moviestaff.jpg

When a fighter picks up this staff, they are able to put the other fighters into hypnosis which basically causes the fighter's opponents to follow the fighter who used the snake staff around and are unable to do any attacks for a good few seconds. A super strong item to use to your advantage. However, the hypnosis takes a while so if you are attacked while performing the hypnosis, someone else can take the staff so watch out!

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #21: Yzma's Potion
Job021_YzmasPotion.png

This is a throw-able item: hitting an opponent with it turns them into a turtle for a few seconds. As turtles, opponents' speed is lowered by a significant amount and they can't attack. However, they can still jump freely and they take decreased knock back.

Job #22: Get a Horse!
Job022_GetAHorse.png

This stage is based on the eponymous 2013 short movie that featured Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Pete (donning his traditional outfit for the occasion). This stage is quite similar to Jungle Hijinxs from Smash for Wii U, allowing the players to fight in the theater and inside the movie that is being projected in the background. They can do so by jumping on specific upwards (theater to movie)/downwards (movie to theater) pointing arrows that appear at random integrals.
The theater is a flat stage with walk-offs, but it can be damaged: it is possible to break the theater in three different points, creating three holes where players can fall into. However, there still would be enough space to fight in-between the holes. The background is more frantic, as Pete (albeit a 2D stylized version of him, which is impossible to mistake for the playable fighter) drives around, bashing against characters. However, the background too is flat and it is possible to knock Cartoon Pete away by hitting him repeatedly.
Sometimes, characters will be forced to fight in the foreground or in the background (in the first case, the screen is blacked out and in the second one, the theater stage disappears, just to reappear a few moments later completely repaired) like Jungle Hijinxs. Overall, the stage would be larger than it seems from the picture I have posted (let's say that in the picture Mickey is twice as big as he would be in the game).

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Scream Extractor (Monsters Inc)

Sucks opponents in and spits them out like Inhale or Blunderbuss.

Spoonerville

Layout would be on Pete and Goofy's houses. Characters from Goof Troop would make cameos by sticking out the windows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mickey-House-Villains.jpg

House of Villains
Takes place in the house of mouse, with fighting taking place on a stage which is a simple flat bottom part with walk offs and some platforms. There's a bunch of stage equipment that can also be used. But the gimmick is here that the stage will become invaded by villains. The screen in the background will display the menacing mugs of various baddies, with each one having a different effect.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Time's up. Let's see the results for Jobs #21 and #22:
Job #21: Submit a villain-themed item
The submitted items are:
Magnetism Magnifier (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Jafar's Snake Staff (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Turtle Potion (submitted by me)
AUTO (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Scream Extractor (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

All these items are going to be added in the game EVEN WITHOUT A VOTE. We were still running a bit low on items, so I thought that it didn't make sense to have a job where you will only end up adding 1 or 2 items. Now that we have 11 items and a decent variety, the next item-related Jobs could perhaps use a vote. Or maybe not, we'll see.

----
Job #22: Submit a stage for Pete
Job #22: Mean Street (Epic Mickey)
Welcome to Mean Street by LeoGCady on DeviantArt

(Disclaimer: The official art won't upload here, so I had to make do with this.)

In my opinion, there isn't another stage we can use for Pete without overlapping with Mickey or Goofy. Besides, not only was it explicitly stated that there's lots of Pete in the Wasteland, resulting in some easy costume fodder, but we can just use one of the projector screens if Oswald gets in.
Job #22: Get a Horse!
View attachment 371593
This stage is based on the eponymous 2013 short movie that featured Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Pete (donning his traditional outfit for the occasion). This stage is quite similar to Jungle Hijinxs from Smash for Wii U, allowing the players to fight in the theater and inside the movie that is being projected in the background. They can do so by jumping on specific upwards (theater to movie)/downwards (movie to theater) pointing arrows that appear at random integrals.
The theater is a flat stage with walk-offs, but it can be damaged: it is possible to break the theater in three different points, creating three holes where players can fall into. However, there still would be enough space to fight in-between the holes. The background is more frantic, as Pete (albeit a 2D stylized version of him, which is impossible to mistake for the playable fighter) drives around, bashing against characters. However, the background too is flat and it is possible to knock Cartoon Pete away by hitting him repeatedly.
Sometimes, characters will be forced to fight in the foreground or in the background (in the first case, the screen is blacked out and in the second one, the theater stage disappears, just to reappear a few moments later completely repaired) like Jungle Hijinxs. Overall, the stage would be larger than it seems from the picture I have posted (let's say that in the picture Mickey is twice as big as he would be in the game).
Spoonerville

Layout would be on Pete and Goofy's houses. Characters from Goof Troop would make cameos by sticking out the windows.
View attachment 371615
House of Villains
Takes place in the house of mouse, with fighting taking place on a stage which is a simple flat bottom part with walk offs and some platforms. There's a bunch of stage equipment that can also be used. But the gimmick is here that the stage will become invaded by villains. The screen in the background will display the menacing mugs of various baddies, with each one having a different effect.
The eligible stages are:
-Mean Street (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
-Get a Horse! (submitted by me)
-Spoonerville (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
-House of Villains (submitted by @DarkVortex)

Vote for your top two favorite stages. Your submission can't be your first choice. Here are my votes:
1. Spoonerville: we need a Goof Trop stage and while it could make sense to have it as Goofy's home stage, let's not forget that Goofy has appeared in many classic cartoons, especially in the How to series. So Spoonerville makes perfect sense for Pete who, unlike Goofy, is a bit tricky to pick a related location.
2. House of Villains: while I think that this stage would have been a much stronger contender if we had added a House of Mouse stage (creating a counterpart), I still think that its gimmick is strong enough to warrant at least a mention.

Mean Street is also a notable addition, but I think it be a better fit for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, if we end up adding him in the future.

Top Bottom