• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Buzz Lightyear
2. Luxo Jr
3. Sully and Mike

Lots of good choices here for sure but a Toy Story rep should come first.

1. Wa3’s moveset
2. LoZ’s moveset

Mickey should be the Shoto archetype in a Disney platform fighter for sure.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Pixar Vote
1) Mrs. Incredible. Both Incredibles and Toy Story need at least one character. But in a fighting game, Incredibles is more important imo. Between the super power couple, I feel Helen's elasticity is much more unique for a fighter and her own thing compared to Bob's super strength. Off the top of my head, Luisa, Hercules, Gaston and Sully either have super strength or a similar build to Bob. Nothing against him.
2) Buzz. Between Woody and Buzz, I feel Buzz would have a cooler move set.
3) WALL-E and EVE. Reason why I submitted them as a sort of tagteam is because I think they're grand finale should relate to the scene with them flying threw space together, and I assume we don't want any sort of copy grand finales (aka final smashes).

Mickey's Moveset
1) LoZ00
2) Master Hero Sock on Rye

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, let's review the results for Job #08:
Luxo Jr.: 6 points
The Great American Jackalope: 0 points
Bass & Tremble: 0 points
Buzz Lightyear: 29 points
Woody: 6 points
Mr. Incredible: 14 points
Wall-E and EVE: 3 points
Mike & Sulley: 8 points
Emperor Zurg: 2 points
Mrs. Incredible: 4 points
Merida: 0 points

BUZZ LIGHTYEAR JOINS THE ROSTER!
#04_BuzzLightyear.png

Honestly, I was not surprised by the results: it is only logical that Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Monsters got the top three choices. Congratulations to Owen23 Owen23 for submitting Buzz Lightyear! I think that he is the most sensible choice among the many good picks that Pixar has. So many that, in the future, I might do another Pixar-themed job.

----
Let's see the results for Job #09 as well:
Wario Wario Wario: 12 points
Master Hero Sock-on-Rye: 1 point
Northsouthmap: 2 points
LoZ00: 12 points

It looks like there is a tie between Wario Wario Wario's submission and mine. It's tie-breaker time, then! For this quick round, simply vote for either Wario Wario Wario or me. We can also vote for our own submission in the tie-breaker.

----
Before adding more characters, I think we should refine the ones we already have. So today I propose you
Job #10: Submit Elsa's home stage
Job #11: Submit Stitch's home stage

Quite similar to Job #06: simply submit a stage for Elsa and one for Stitch. Add descriptions for the stages and the layout, as well as any other information you believe is noteworthy for your submission.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I vote for Wa3's Mickey moveset.

Elsa's Stage:

Elsa's Castle (Frozen)

istockphoto-491559070-612x612.jpg

An obvious choice, think of it being similar to Melee Princess Peach's Castle stage but a bit bigger and dissapearing ice platforms. There's also walkoffs on the side to make it beginner friendly as Frozen is highly popular amongst the younger demographic.

Stitch's Stage:

Lahui Beach (Lilo and Stitch)

ezgif-1-86598e35f6.jpg

This beach is quite an important beach in the Lilo and Stitch franchise and Lilo and Stitch have bonded here. Personally, I would give their stage a Smashville-esque layout as the movies are quite popular so I feel the Stitch franchise deserves a competitively legal stage for sure.

I'm choosing LoZ00's moveset here. It's actually a complete one.

Elsa and Stitch's Stages:

Arendelle
Frozen - 1920x1080 (Arendelle) by muehlich86 on DeviantArt

Lilo's House
Lilo and Stitch Original Background Disney Painting by William Silvers

(Note: Normally lighter than this.)

The kingdom of Arendelle would make just as much sense as Elsa's home stage, while Lilo's House could be a stage not unlike Mishima Dojo or Luigi's Mansion, given how often stuff happens to it.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
The Red One
1681230389280.jpeg

Layout like Corneria in Smash, but in space. Lasers would fire and damage fighters. Ships would follow for extra platforms.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
With a majority of 5/7 votes, we are going to use Wario Wario Wario's moveset for Mickey Mouse!
Mickey specials: Going for a shoto vibe here.
  1. Neutral Special: Magic Sparkle Blast - lightly press for a spammable move akin to Fox's laser, press it hard for a more hadouken-esque move
  2. Up Special: Role Call - Mickey jumps up while holding a Mickey Mouse Club drum, then bangs it. Two-hit attack.
  3. Down Special: Oh Toodles! - Toodles spins around Mickey as a projectile reflector
  4. Grand Finale: Keyblade Wielder - Mickey summons a door and seals it with a keyblade. This isn't a cutscene, but rather a black-hole style FS. KO on contact, but can be escaped.
Congratulations to Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario for submitting the first moveset in our roster! His moveset gives a shoto vibe that most of us agree is right for Mickey Mouse while also adding some interesting references to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and even a coveted reflector, as well as a unique Grand Finale. What's not to love about it?

Let's now see the results for Jobs #10 and #11:
Elsa's Castle (Frozen)

View attachment 370620

An obvious choice, think of it being similar to Melee Princess Peach's Castle stage but a bit bigger and dissapearing ice platforms. There's also walkoffs on the side to make it beginner friendly as Frozen is highly popular amongst the younger demographic.
Elsa's Stage:

Arendelle
Frozen - 1920x1080 (Arendelle) by muehlich86 on DeviantArt

The kingdom of Arendelle would make just as much sense as Elsa's home stage
The submitted stages are:
Elsa's Castle (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Arendelle (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )

Stitch's Stage:

Lahui Beach (Lilo and Stitch)

View attachment 370621

This beach is quite an important beach in the Lilo and Stitch franchise and Lilo and Stitch have bonded here. Personally, I would give their stage a Smashville-esque layout as the movies are quite popular so I feel the Stitch franchise deserves a competitively legal stage for sure.
Stitch's Stage:

Lilo's House
View attachment 370634
(Note: Normally lighter than this.)

Lilo's House could be a stage not unlike Mishima Dojo or Luigi's Mansion, given how often stuff happens to it.
The Red One
View attachment 370661
Layout like Corneria in Smash, but in space. Lasers would fire and damage fighters. Ships would follow for extra platforms.
The submitted stages are:
Lahui Beach (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Lilo's House (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
The Red One (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Admittedly, these two Jobs were not filled with submissions, mainly because they were probably a lot less interesting than previous Jobs.
Since only two stages for Elsa and three stages for Stitch were submitted, this time I ask you to vote for the ONE stage you would like the most. You CAN vote for your own submission in this case. Here are my votes:
Elsa's Stage: Elsa's Castle. I feel that this is more unique than Arendelle (which could eventually work for Anna, if we happen to add her) and fits both Elsa and the general aesthetic of Frozen.
Stitch's Stage: Lilo's House. The idea of this being a small, chaotic stage really fits with the general tone of the source material and I think it is pretty fun to imagine Mickey Mouse tossed around the house, smashing walls and such.

Despite having few submissions, they were all pretty interesting, and I had a very hard time deciding which of the three Stitch I was going to pick. In the end, I chose Lilo's House, but it was a close call between all three.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Elsa’s Stage:

Elsa’s Castle

Stitch’s Stage:

Lahui Beach

I chose both my stages. I do feel Elsa’s home stage should be her castle. While then, we should also have a home stage based on another location in a Disney franchise that isn’t a home base as well.

Elsa's Stage: Elsa's Castle
I will admit that I didn't know what the place where Elsa met her mother was called in Frozen 2, so that's why I chose Arendelle. If I did know, and if there was a sufficient picture of it, we would have had a more even match.

Stitch's Stage: The Big One
I only picked this because I couldn't project bias onto the tally. But I appreciate everyone else loving my suggestion.

I await the next job, because if it's a character vote, I've got an idea that would only appeal to me.

D

Deleted member

Castle

Beach

Both feel like the most fitting options for their franchises

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Here I am with the results for Job #10:
Elsa's Castle: 8 votes
Arendelle: 0 votes

Elsa's Castle is Elsa's home stage
Job010_ElsaCastle.jpeg

Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast . Everyone voted for this stage, and I can see why it was such a popular pick, as it is both unique and iconic. Great job!

----
Results for Job #11:
Lahui Beach: 5 votes
Lilo's House: 2 votes
The Red One: 1 vote

Lahui Beach is Stitch's home stage
Job011_LahuiBeach.png

Congratulations once again to AlteredBeast! He really did a great job with these submissions. The beach environment is yet again one you can rarely find within Disney movies so it gets definitely some bonus points in that regard.

----

Let's move on with some another Job. Today I am only submitting one Job, but is going to be very lose-ended:
Job #12: Submit a single-player mode
This Job is rather simple, but it has some caveats: namely, you can't submit a Story Mode (we are going to talk about it later on) or an Arcade Mode (which is going to be included by default and will be flashed out in the future). Anything else is fair game, unless it is geared towards multiplayer (like, for example, Coin Smash).

Job #12: Honey Hunt
Pooh and the Honey Tree – Eloquently Kate

A vertical scroller-esque minigame, in which you climb a tree in the Hundred Acre Wood to search for honey. Beware of angry bees and pestering crows!

International affairs aside, there should be SOMETHING related to one of Disney's most lucrative franchises in this game. Plus, I always liked the Pooh franchise most of all the home-grown Disney animated properties.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Phil's Training

Similar to the KH games and Smash the Targets, this is a minigame in which you smash vases in a certain amount of time. You have three modes, Easy, Medium and Hard which affects the amount of vases and the amount of time. This can also be a training mode to learn your characters more.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 12:

Hidden Mickey Chase

hidden-mickeys.jpg

This would be this game's version of Break The Targets like in the Smash Bros series as well as a reference to the hidden Mickeys around the Disney theme parks and movies. Basically, each fighter would get their own personalized stage to chase/find 10 Hidden Mickies. It's just Target Test but more complicated.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #12: Kingdom of Combat
Job012_CastleOfCombat.jpeg

This game mode is a bit peculiar and would be probably one of the main ones in the game. Basically, it is a mixture of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Classic Mode, Master/Crazy Orders, and Spirit Matches. The goal of this mode is to build your castle and, eventually, your Kingdom. In order to do so, you need to gather resources and you can do that by partaking in unique matches. These matches have special rules (tying with Master/Crazy Orders) and winning in certain ways that are stated before the match (like within a certain time limit or by using only a certain attack) allows the player to gather more resources. Building the castle and later on the kingdom enables the player to take part in more advanced matches (tying with 3DS classic mode). Sometimes, you may even face themed matches (tying with Spirit Matches), like for example a match against a Buzz Lightyear with a jetpack-like item representing the Rocketeer (if we don't end up adding him along the way). This game mode has no real ending: once you build a castle, you can build a kingdom, and once that is done, you can infinitely expand to alien planets. For this mode, Jiminy Cricket (if he, as it is likely, doesn't end up being playable) is the host, the tutorial character, and the main guide to the player.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's see the submissions for Job #12:
Dodge the Fireworks

A race-to-the-finish style stage with sparkling fireworks spread throughout. Get through the gauntlet while dodging them, they KO instantly on contact - each fighter has a unique layout.
Job #12: Honey Hunt
Pooh and the Honey Tree – Eloquently Kate

A vertical scroller-esque minigame, in which you climb a tree in the Hundred Acre Wood to search for honey. Beware of angry bees and pestering crows!
Phil's Training

Similar to the KH games and Smash the Targets, this is a minigame in which you smash vases in a certain amount of time. You have three modes, Easy, Medium and Hard which affects the amount of vases and the amount of time. This can also be a training mode to learn your characters more.
Job 12:

Hidden Mickey Chase

View attachment 370763

This would be this game's version of Break The Targets like in the Smash Bros series as well as a reference to the hidden Mickeys around the Disney theme parks and movies. Basically, each fighter would get their own personalized stage to chase/find 10 Hidden Mickies. It's just Target Test but more complicated.
Job #12: Kingdom of Combat
View attachment 370787

This game mode is a bit peculiar and would be probably one of the main ones in the game. Basically, it is a mixture of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Classic Mode, Master/Crazy Orders, and Spirit Matches. The goal of this mode is to build your castle and, eventually, your Kingdom. In order to do so, you need to gather resources and you can do that by partaking in unique matches. These matches have special rules (tying with Master/Crazy Orders) and winning in certain ways that are stated before the match (like within a certain time limit or by using only a certain attack) allows the player to gather more resources. Building the castle and later on the kingdom enables the player to take part in more advanced matches (tying with 3DS classic mode). Sometimes, you may even face themed matches (tying with Spirit Matches), like for example a match against a Buzz Lightyear with a jetpack-like item representing the Rocketeer (if we don't end up adding him along the way). This game mode has no real ending: once you build a castle, you can build a kingdom, and once that is done, you can infinitely expand to alien planets. For this mode, Jiminy Cricket (if he, as it is likely, doesn't end up being playable) is the host, the tutorial character, and the main guide to the player.
Avalanche Outrun (Mulan)
View attachment 370788
Run from an avalanche while dodging soldiers' attacks. If caught in the snow, you lose.
Dodge the Fireworks (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Honey Hunt (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Phil's Training (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Hidden Mickey Chase (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
Kingdom of Combat (submitted by me)
Avalanche Outrun (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

Vote for your top three favorite submissions. Your submission can't be your first choice. Here are my votes:
1. Hidden Mickey Chase: I think that Target Test is probably the most fun sub-game in Smash, so having one is a top priority for me. And this fits the game like a glove! It is also somewhat generic, being very Disney-related but not leaning too much into a franchise or a movie, so it gets some bonus points.
2. Kingdom of Combat: it is my own submission, I know, but what I really like about this mode is that it doesn't reference any Disney franchise or movie too much, while still being very Disney related. I feel it is also somewhat unique, in that it has never been done by any Smash game.
3. Dodge the Fireworks: Race to the Finish is another fun mode that needed to make a comeback for Smash titles after Melee and this version is ingenious.

Honorable mention goes to Honey Hunt, for its interesting concept. However, I think that, if we end up adding Winnie the Pooh or someone else from the Hundred-Acre Wood, it might feel a bit redundant.

D

Deleted member

1. Kingdom of Combat. A real fun idea for a main mode in place of a story mode honestly. Lot of replay value
2. Hidden Mickey Chase: Break the Targets good
3. Dodge the Fireworks: Race to the Finish good

Honey Hunt would definitely get my forth vote if I could. Love the bear by the other three seemed like the most sensible picks

1: Kingdom of Combat - While it does share the name of this game, the general idea of combining Master/Crazy Orders, Spirit Matches, and 3DS Classic Mode is quite fanciful.
2: Hidden Mickey Chase - I like how every character has their own stage.
3: Honey Hunt - What can I say that already hasn't been said when I suggested it? That I love the Winnie the Pooh franchise to bits.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
1. Honey Hunt - If Master didn't suggest this, I probably would submit something similar. (Sidenote: If there is a Winnie the Pooh fighter in our roster, they shouldn't fight but use defensive, healing and evasive moves instead.)
2. Kingdom of Combat - I want to see the creativity for these "Spirit Battles" with Disney characters
3. Phil's Training - Self vote

Shout out to Hidden Mickey Hunt, I think Hidden Mickeys should be in the game but act like Hidden Luigis in Super Mario 3D World.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
1) Phil's Training (We need classic smash the targets)
2) Honey Hunt (While most of the Winnie the Pooh characters wouldn't fit in a fighting game execept Tigger we should at least gaurentee a character from that series)
3) Kingdom of Combat (Fascinating concept. If we do this, I think the 'spirit battles' should be held off until we have a good amount of roster/stages decided though.)

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry I couldn't update this thread, but I was quite busy in the last few days. Anyway, here I go with the results for Job #12:
Dodge the Fireworks: 8 points
Honey Hunt: 8 points

Phil's Training: 4 points
Hidden Mickey Chase: 18 points
Kingdom of Combat: 16 points
Avalanche Outrun: 0 points

Hidden Mickey Mouse Chase is added as a 1P Mode!
Job012_HiddenMickeyChase.jpeg

Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast for submitting this ingenious mode. Break the Targets is one of the must fun modes in Smash Bros. and this version of it is so clever and fitting it would have been a shame not having it! Make no mistake, though, in the future there will probably be another Job similar to this.

----
Anyway, back to more jobs its seems...
Job #13: Submit a moveset for Elsa
We need to add movesets for Elsa, Stitch, and Buzz. So, to kick things off, let's begin with Elsa. Again, in order for this to be a valid submission remember to submit at least the three Special Attacks, as well as a Grand Finale. Of course, you can submit complete a complete moveset too. Remember: with this moveset template you CAN submit a grounded and an aerial version of a special move (for example, a grounded and an aerial Neutral Special), but it isn't mandatory.

----
Moveset-based Jobs tend to be a bit more boring and due to my recent inactivity this thread has seen fewer submissions in the last few Jobs. So, instead of tackling Stitch's moveset, I'll host another character-based Job (which tend to be the most fun anyway)...
Job #14: Submit a gimmick-based fighter
For this submission, you have to submit a character AND their gimmick. For example:
I submit Rosalina and Luma. Their gimmick is puppet fighter.
Multiple people can submit the same character if they give them different gimmicks (for example, you can submit the Iron Giant and giving him flight as his gimmick, but someone else can submit the Iron Giant and giving him the big body gimmick).
For this Job, I'll try to be generous with gimmicks, but keep in mind that a gimmick is something that defines the character's entire moveset, not just a couple of moves.

----
Due to Job #13, I think I'll wait a couple of days before closing the submission for these Jobs. So take your time for both of them!

Top Bottom