• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Presents: Kingdom of Combat (a Disney-themed platform fighting game)

Which version of Mickey Mouse should we use?

• Classic Mickey Mouse

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Fantasia Mickey Mouse

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
44 Characters

Job 7: Toon Town

Disney Town | Kingdom Hearts Wiki | Fandom

A cartoonish little town next to the Disney Castle. This will be treated like the WuHu island stage where you fly around various old and new locations.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Ideally, each character will have a job where we can submit a character-related stage. Generally speaking however, I think that no series should have more than 2-3 stages, maybe 4 for the Mickey Mouse and friends series. So, for example, if we end up having Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Oswald, and Peg-Leg Pete, then I can't see more than 3-4 stages: the characters will need to share the stages, then.
So go ahead, if the stage fits Oswald the Lucky Rabbit particularly well and we add him, then the stage you submitted might be transferred to Oswald and we could call for another Mickey Mouse stage or simply having Mickey and Oswald share a stage.
Job #7
Wasteland
1680648203796.png

Wasteland was created by the powerful sorcerer Yen Sid as a paradise to the unused, forgotten and abandoned characters and creations of Disney. This would be a traveling ride similar to Delphino Plaza or Skyloft. The stage travels to the following locations: Mean Street, Ventureland, Bog Easy, OsTown, Dark Beauty Castle, Tomorrow City and Gremlin Village.
Also since in the Epic Mickey games we see scraped versions of characters, I think it be interesting not only to include characters from Epic Mickey in the background, but possibly also include beta/scraped designs or characters from other disney properties. (Some examples below)
1680726799975.png
1680727051619.png
1680727116065.png

I just wanted to pitch the idea, however I will admit I'd rather wait to have this one picked after we selected any parts of the parks to be stages, since Wasteland is based off DisneyLand and to lesser extent the Magic Kingdom.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Let's review the submissions for the latest jobs:
Job #06: How many characters will the base roster have?
36 characters ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
56 characters ( M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
46 characters ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
30 characters (me)
40 characters ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
45 characters ( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
42 characters ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
50 characters ( SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )
44 characters ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

Vote for your top three picks. Your number can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. 36 characters
2. 40 characters
3. 30 characters

Job #07: Submit a Mickey Mouse themed stage
House of Mouse

View attachment 370262

Based on the dinner theater club ran by Mickey and his friends comes the House of Mouse. This stage will have a Smashville layout inside the theater where you will fight by the movie screen showcasing various Mickey Mouse cartoons from over the years. I feel Mickey Mouse should have a competitively viable stage due to him being....well, the face of Disney himself.

I was considering Steamboat Willie but House of Mouse just seems better to pack in those small appearances from all the past Mickey Mouse cartoons playing in the background while you fight.
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Fantasia)
The Sorcerer's Apprentice by jazzywinters on DeviantArt's Apprentice by jazzywinters on DeviantArt

In this stage, you play on top of one giant platform and 2-4 levitating platforms on top. Going for a sort of "Smash Battlefield" look. Not only that, but if Mickey is not one of the selected fighters, you can even see him casting magic in the background. The magic has no effect on the stage, because I'm trying to make it competitively viable here.

As for why it should be the designated Mickey Mouse stage over Steamboat Willie or House of Mouse, there's a perfectly good reason for that: The short it came from has an immeasurable pedigree, being the only Fantasia segment to appear in both movies, airing on Toon Disney as the first cartoon on the channel, and Sorcerer Mickey himself is a big part of the Disney Parks, the home video division, and our first debate on this game.

Why SHOULDN'T this be our Mickey stage for the game? Because he deserves two a la Mario in Smash 64, that's why.
View attachment 370304
Steamboat Willie

From the iconic cartoon of the same name. Players fight on the boat as it travels through the sea. The boat itself is fairly small, but every now and then it may stop at a dock to give you some more room to fight. Pete makes a cameo and the stage is rendered in B&W like Timeless River from KH2
View attachment 370312
Job #07: Clock Cleaners
This stage, named after the famous short that features Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy and located inside the eponymous clock that the three are cleaning, is rather large and gimmicky. It has one main platform in the middle, represented by a giant gear that rotates a bit, but it's merely an aesthetic effect. However, there are many other hazards and platforms in the stage, like a smaller platform attached to a gear that moves up and down a bit, gears that rotate around, acting as walls of sorts and the famous spring (I think?) that "fights" against Donald in a section of the short. The spring is a bouncy platform that deals small damage (like 1 or 2%) to everyone that bounces on it. At the top of the stage, there is another platform that features, at time intervals, the two statues that bonked Goofy's head in the cartoon.

All in all, the stage would be whimsical and chaotic, and that's why I think it fits Mickey Mouse's first shorts to a T.
Clubhouse
View attachment 370335
Stage layout is flat but rotates around the clubhouse.
Job 7: Toon Town

View attachment 370356
A cartoonish little town next to the Disney Castle. This will be treated like the WuHu island stage where you fly around various old and new locations.
Job #7
Wasteland
View attachment 370342
Wasteland was created by the powerful sorcerer Yen Sid as a paradise to the unused, forgotten and abandoned characters and creations of Disney. This would be a traveling ride similar to Delphino Plaza or Skyloft. The stage travels to the following locations: Mean Street, Ventureland, Bog Easy, OsTown, Dark Beauty Castle, Tomorrow City and Gremlin Village.
Also since in the Epic Mickey games we see scraped versions of characters, I think it be interesting not only to include characters from Epic Mickey in the background, but possibly also include beta/scraped designs or characters from other disney properties. (Some examples below)

I just wanted to pitch the idea, however I will admit I'd rather wait to have this one picked after we selected any parts of the parks to be stages, since Wasteland is based off DisneyLand and to lesser extent the Magic Kingdom.
The stages submitted are:
House of Mouse ( AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
The Sorcerer's Apprentice ( M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Steamboat Willie (@DarkVortex)
Clock Cleaners (me)
Clubhouse ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Toon Town ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Wasteland ( SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )

Vote your top three favorite stages. Your submission can't be your first vote. Here are my votes:
1. House of Mouse
2. The Sorcerer's Apprentice
3. Clock Cleaners

Don't expect any update for tomorrow as it's going to be my birthday. I'll be back on Friday though.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. 36 characters
2. 44 characters
3. 30 characters

1. Sorcerer
2. Steamboat
3. House of Mouse

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. 50
2. 56
3. 45

1. House of Mouse
2. Steamboat Willie
3. Sorcerer's Apperentice

1: 50 characters
2: 56 characters
3: 45 characters
If you can't tell, I'm leaning towards higher numbers for the roster.

1: House of Mouse - This is the perfect Mickey stage, in my opinion. It's both recent, in that it launched in 2001, and classic, in its execution as 100% a "cartoon show".
2: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - What can I say? I actually grew up with this incarnation of the show when I was a baby.
3: The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Yes, this is my own submission. But from what I've been seeing, it's a dang good submission.

Honorable mention goes to Clock Cleaners for being a dark horse candidate as our first Mickey stage.

D

Deleted member

1. 40
2. 36
3. 45

1. Clock Cleaners (I like the idea of going for something outside of the usual picks has this is a genuinely fun idea)
2. Sorcerer's Apprentice (Iconic. Would be a really nice stage to look at)
3. House of Mouse (Admittedly this feels more like a general Disney stage but its still a cool idea!)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
1. 45
2. 46
3. 50

1. House Of Mouse
2. Steamboat Willie
3. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Honorable Mention to Sorcerer's Apprentice, but I feel that needs to be Mickey's final smash equivalence.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
After my one-day break, I'm back with updates for Jobs #06 and #07!
Results for Job #06:
30 characters: 3 points
36 characters: 11 points
40 characters: 8 points
42 characters: 2 points
44 characters: 3 points
45 characters: 11 points
46 characters: 2 points
50 characters: 16 points
56 characters: 2 points

It's settled: the base roster will have 50 characters! Congratulations to SmasherMaster SmasherMaster for submitting just the perfect amount of fighters for the base game. While I personally tend to prefer smaller rosters (in my mind, 36 was the ideal number), I can see the value of larger rosters, since we'll be able to fit more obscure and less obvious picks. As a side effect of this, I feel less guilty of having added both Elsa and Stitch during Job #03.

-----

Let's see the results for Job #07 as well:
House of Mouse: 21 points
The Sorcerer's Apprentice: 17 points
Steamboat Willie: 23 points
Clock Cleaners: 8 points
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: 3 points
Toon Town: 2 points
Wasteland: 2 points

STEAMBOAT WILLIE IS MICKEY MOUSE'S HOME-STAGE!
Job007_SteamboatWillie.jpeg

It feels so obvious by at the same time so right to have this riverboat as Mickey Mouse's home-stage! Congratulations to @DarkVortex for submitting the winning stage, although I felt that this round was a particularly tough one, as most, if not all, stages submitted were great fits. Who knows, maybe in the future I'll do a round 2, like M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye suggested...

-----

Anyway, enough with numbers and stages, let's see today's jobs:
Job #08: Submit a Pixar character
This job is particularly easy: just submit one Pixar character, with no restriction whatsoever. Trust me, there will be more strict jobs in the future, but we're already in the early game, especially considering we have 47 more slots to cover.
Last time I was a bit imprecise by simply saying "submit a character from a movie that released in between x and y", so this time I'll add the list of movies (and shorts) you can pick characters from:
Movies
  • Toy Story 1-4
  • A Bug's Life
  • Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University
  • Finding Nemo and Finding Dory
  • The Incredibles 1 and 2
  • Cars 1-3
  • Ratatouille
  • WALL-E
  • Up
  • Brave
  • Inside Out
  • The Good Dinosaur
  • Coco
  • Onward
  • Soul
  • Luca
  • Turning Red
  • Lightyear
For the shorts, refer to this page: https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Pixar_shorts
I'm leaving Elemental out because it has not come out yet. Even with this omission, I think that there's more than enough stuff for us to work with. Onto the next job, and this will be a more daunting one...

Job #09: Submit Mickey Mouse's moveset
Ideally, you want to submit Mickey Mouse's whole moveset following the template you can find in the OP. This includes 3 ground attacks, 3 aerial attacks, 3 special attacks, and the Grand Finale attack. It is also possible to submit aerial versions of one or more special attacks, although it is not something you have to do.
If you don't want to submit a complete moveset for Mickey, then simply submit Mickey Mouse's 3 (or more, if you think they fit) special attacks and the Grand Finale attack. Add any gimmick (like puppet fighter for Rosalina & Luma or big-body fighter for the Iron Giant) you think may fit Mickey Mouse.

Since this job might be a bit more tricky or boring to tackle, I'll wait a couple of days before gathering the results. For any problems and any questions, just ask me!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 8

Luxo Jr

207384ee-9c6c-437b-af53-9bc9880f8966-resize-950x633.legacy.png

I know we have not gotten to the oddball fighters yet but Luxo Jr is the mascot of Pixar and represents Pixar shorts. I think he could be a very fun fighter. When looking at people's fanmade rosters for a Disney platform fighter, there is usally the glaring omission of this famous lamp. However, I feel he should be in with a Game-Ahd-Watch-esque moveset in terms of referencing Pixar shorts and such. I know we'll get someone like Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Wall-E, etc. submitted but Luxo Jr. is a true contender here for Pixar.

I will consider submitting a Mickey Mouse moveset potentially.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Great American Jackalope
1680904172885.jpeg

There's no way in hell this guy's gonna get more than 5 or 4 votes, but I may as well go for it since he's a character I'd really want in a game like this. He would be a powerful heavyweight with a great air game, bound and reboundin' across the stage

Mickey specials: Going for a shoto vibe here.
  1. Neutral Special: Magic Sparkle Blast - lightly press for a spammable move akin to Fox's laser, press it hard for a more hadouken-esque move
  2. Up Special: Role Call - Mickey jumps up while holding a Mickey Mouse Club drum, then bangs it. Two-hit attack.
  3. Down Special: Oh Toodles! - Toodles spins around Mickey as a projectile reflector
  4. Grand Finale: Keyblade Wielder - Mickey summons a door and seals it with a keyblade. This isn't a cutscene, but rather a black-hole style FS. KO on contact, but can be escaped.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Bass & Treble (One Man Band)
bass.png
treble.png

I imagine that these two musicians would be swappable like the Pokemon Trainer and Pyra/Mythra, as well attacking with music and instruments.

Bass using brass and percussion and Treble using orchestral woodwind and string.
(Something like Big Band from Skullgirls who uses music instruments to attack)

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #8: Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
Character Debut: (November 22nd, 1995)

Buzz Lightyear is one of the main characters from the popular Pixar film Toy Story, he is a toy based on a spaceman and a friend of Woody. In his first appearance, he is brought into Andy's house and Andy rethemes his Woody merch to merch themed to Buzz, causing conflict between the cowboy and the spaceman, but throughout the film and later on the series, they start having a friendship. With him being in the game, Buzz is sure gonna take this Disney fighting game to infinity and beyond!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 8:Woody (Toy Story)

images (6).jpeg

Woody is the protagonist from Toy Story series,he is a cowboy doll from a puppet series called Woody's Roundup.

I choose Woody because Toy Story is the first pixar franchise and the first movie was influentional movie of the animation story.

Job #8: Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles)
Bob Parr - Wikipedia

Suggesting another of their movie characters, to combat the multiple Pixar Shorts suggestions, Mr. Incredible just fits all too well in a Disney fighting game.

His power is normally super strength, but he can call his family on standby: Elastigirl, Dash, Violet, and Jack-Jack. This is where his uniqueness would really come into play, as the patriarch of the Incredible family.

I personally approve of adding Luxo Jr., though.

Job #9: Mickey Mouse Moveset
Neutral Special: Decadent Cheese
Depending on which decade you choose through a special button map, Mickey performs one of four projectile attacks:
1920s: Potato (A peeled potato, used for hurling the enemies or healing some of their health back.)
1940s: Boomerang (A multi-hit projectile, referencing Mickey Down Under from 1948.)
1980s: Christmas Wreath (A standard projectile, only used to deal damage.)
2010s: Horseshoe (Referencing Get a Horse!, this projectile deals more damage if your opponent is small.)
Side Special: Paint Thinner
Mickey pulls out his Magic Paintbrush from the Epic Mickey games, and sets it on Thinner mode.
Up Special: The Little Whirlwind
Mickey is swept up by a tiny tornado back onto the stage.

Neutral Ground: Clown Shoe
Mickey stomps the ground with the combined force of his oversized shoes and his hidden anger at the world. Don't act like the Paul Rudish version can't act like Donald Duck at times.
Side Ground: Bathroom Seal-ing
Salty the Seal comes to say hello, as only a seal can. The name is a reference to his most famous appearance, and how Mickey finds him there.
Up Ground: Drum Kit
Mickey "drums" up a solo that causes the opponent to take damage. I wasn't sure how to incorporate The Mickey Mouse Club into his moveset, despite it being so iconic to his history.

Neutral Aerial: Toodles
Toodles rushes in at Mickey's command and assists with his uppercut.
Side Aerial: Giant Leaf
A nod to Mickey and the Beanstalk, Mickey holds a leaf from the titular beanstalk to "fan" the opponent off the stage.
Up Aerial: Keyblade Whack
Mickey uses his Keyblade as a spiking tool against the other players. Looks like Link when he uses his Master Sword to spike his own opponent.

Grand Finale: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Mickey dons his Sorcerer's Hat, and quite frankly, reshapes the very stage into his own image. Creating a tall platform for himself, shooting comet-like magic at the enemies, and raising the very sea around him. And yes, the molding of the platform, the magic comets, and commanding the water all do damage to his opponents.

Because what else could his Grand Finale be?

EDIT: Threw out the down special move, and replaced it with a special button map instead.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job 8: Wall-E (and Eve)
1680929564026.png

Honestly Wall-E is a such an amazing movie that does so much right in regards to the classic "show don't tell" with the personalities of these two.

The way I imagine a moveset would be if Duck Hunt but where most of the dogs focused attacks are accidental when showing random stuff (the paddleball for example) and the duck is ready to blast anybody who dares even thinks of harming the dog.

The way I imagine a moveset would be if Duck Hunt but where most of the dogs focused attacks are accidental when showing random stuff (the paddleball for example) and the duck is ready to blast anybody who dares even thinks of harming the dog.
Who would this version of the duck be? Oswald? Minnie? Goofy? Donald?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Mike and Sulley (Monsters Inc) (Puppet Fighter)

Two movies and a tv show. Added to Disney crossover games. Mike would do special attacks and Sulley would do basic attacks.
I can picture their neutral special being the roaring and side having Sulley roll Mike like a bowling ball at the opponents.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Mickey Mouse

Neutral Special: Whistles: Music projectile
Up Special: Teleport
Down Special: Steamboat Wheel: Spins his wheel in place
Grand Finale: Fantasia: Summons waves

Side Ground: Key Swing
Up Ground: Pie Throw
Down Ground: Trip Kick

Side Air: Fishing Pole
Up Air: Slap
Down Air: Ground Stomp

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Job #08: Mrs. Incredible/Elastigirl
#07_MrsIncredible.png

Yup, I'm going with a super-mom for this one!
I think that Mrs. Incredible's stretchy powers give her a lot of potential for a unique and fun moveset that very few characters can replicate, especially in Disney's library. Think of her as a Disney version of Jake from MultiVersus, with the ability to shapeshift into many forms, like a parachute or a wall.
An Incredibles character is also high priority to me because they are superheroes and, thus, great fits for a game like Kingdom of Combat.

Job #09: Mickey Mouse's moveset
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Slapstick: Mickey Mouse slaps twice: first with his left hand, then with the right hand. A fast jab-like move, the second hit launches opponents with decent knock back.
  • Up - Parade!: Mickey Mouse holds a baton (that appears out of thin air) and stabs it upwards. This move can be charged, increasing the times Mickey stabs upwards with the baton (from one to three times) and the power of each stab. This attack references Parade of the Award Nominees, which is notable as it is Mickey's first appearance in colors.
  • Down - Tuba Solo: Mickey Mouse plays a giant tuba, creating a shockwave all around. This move can be charged, increasing its power. References Mickey Mouse's love for music and an attack he had as a playable character in Disney Infinity 3.0.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Steering Willie: Mickey Mouse takes the steering wheel of the Steamboat Willie and spins it, creating a spinning hitbox all around himself. Of course references Steamboat Willie.
  • Up - Clock Cleaners: Mickey Mouse takes a mop and swings it upwards. This move can be charged. Also yes, I am going to add a Clock Cleaners references you can't stop me
  • Down - Mickey Pound: Mickey Mouse performs a front flip and pounds with his butt. Acts as a spike. References Mickey's main method of dealing damage in Castle of Illusion Featuring Mickey Mouse.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Fantasia: Mickey Mouse dons the Sorcerer's hat for a moment and releases a small, erratic firework forward. The firework travels a decent distance before exploding, creating Mickey Mouse's symbol with the explosion. An obvious reference the short The Sorcerer's Apprentice from Fantasia. For Mickey wearing the hat, take King K. Rool's Blunderbuss as a reference. The cannonball in that move can be used as a rough reference for the firework's trajectory (it travels much faster and is much weaker, though).
  • Up - Paintbrush Rise: Mickey Mouse jumps upwards, while hitting with a paintbrush. This move is conceptually similar to Mario's Super Jump Punch. This move leaves a trail of paint behind, but it's merely aesthetic. An obvious reference to the Epic Mickey series.
  • Down - The Little Whirlwind: Mickey Mouse is engulfed in a small tornado, creating a spinning multi-hit attack that works similar to Mario Tornado from Super Smash Bros. and Melee. Like that move, it can stall Mickey's fall, but only the first time it is used. Uniquely, this move messes up with Mickey's ears perspective: in normal game, Mickey's ears act like they usually do, forming the Mickey symbol regardless of the perspective, whereas when Mickey is engulfed in the tornado, his ears act like normal 3D physical objects. This is a small reference to the fact that starting with The Little Whirlwind (the short that inspired this move), Mickey's ears followed perspective. This change didn't last long, though.
Grand Finale - Fantasmic!: Mickey Mouse wears his full attire from The Sorcerer's Apprentice and casts loads of fireworks on the stage. This move acts somewhat like PK Starstorm, but the fireworks start traveling from Mickey Mouse and don't descend from the sky. The final firework however is a larger and stronger one that Mickey releases directly in front of him. Each firework, like the ones appearing in his Neutral Special, is shaped like Mickey's logo. References the nighttime show with the same name held in Disneyland. I wanted a Grand Finale that references both Fantasia and Disney parks.
If you can't tell, I wanted Mickey Mouse to be a true shoto, using the three staples of the archetype (fireball, spinning move, and rising uppercut) for his special moves.

Also, M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye , I think you submitted four special attacks, but the template only accounts for three. You may want to remove one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 370522
Merida (Brave)

TS or MI really should come first. However I do think Merida would make for a cool addition to our roster. An archer would be a really fun archetype to play around with.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I didn't want to drag this for another day (also, I don't know if tomorrow I'll be able to update the thread because I'm going to a field trip with my friends and I'll most likely be the one in charge with driving, so I'll probably be pretty tired in the evening), so I'm starting voting now, as later today I probably won't be able to do so.

Job #08: Submit a Pixar character
Luxo Jr. (submitted by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast )
The Great American Jackalope (submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
Bass & Tremble (submitted by Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
Buzz Lightyear (submitted by Owen23 Owen23 )
Woody (submitted by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Mr. Incredible (submitted by M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye )
Wall-E and EVE (submitted by SmasherMaster SmasherMaster )
Mike & Sulley (submitted by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Emperor Zurg (submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Mrs. Incredible/Elastigirl (submitted by me)
Merida (submitted by @DarkVortex)

As always, vote for your top three choices. You submission can't be your first choice. Here are my votes:
1. Buzz Lightyear: Toy Story needs to be represented at all costs and Buzz Lightyear is, in my opinion, more iconic and more flexible than fellow toy Woody, even though I like Woody more. He makes too much sense to have.
2. Mr. Incredible: when I made my own roster (which you can check in the Here's the keys thread), I had Mrs. Incredible instead of Mr. Incredible. I usually can't choose between Helen and Bob Parr, but as of late I am more in a Mr. Incredible period. So that is why I picked him over his wife. And besides, a super strong fighter is something we can really use.
3. Luxo Jr.: another sensible choice, Luxo Jr. has a very unique body shape that may lend itself very well to combat. It isn't ranked higher simply because I feel that Toy Story and The Incredibles are too important to pass up. However, I still want to pay an homage to Pixar shorts, so I am voting this character before Mrs. Incredible.

Honorable mentions goes to Mrs. Incredible and especially Bass & Tremble. I think that having more than one Pixar shorts character might be redundant, especially this early on and Luxo Jr. is definitely the more iconic of the three characters listed, but... I loved One Man Band when I was a kid!

----

Job #09: Submit a moveset for Mickey Mouse
  1. Neutral Special: Magic Sparkle Blast - lightly press for a spammable move akin to Fox's laser, press it hard for a more hadouken-esque move
  2. Up Special: Role Call - Mickey jumps up while holding a Mickey Mouse Club drum, then bangs it. Two-hit attack.
  3. Down Special: Oh Toodles! - Toodles spins around Mickey as a projectile reflector
  4. Grand Finale: Keyblade Wielder - Mickey summons a door and seals it with a keyblade. This isn't a cutscene, but rather a black-hole style FS. KO on contact, but can be escaped.
Job #9: Mickey Mouse Moveset
Neutral Special: Decadent Cheese
Depending on which decade you choose through a special button map, Mickey performs one of four projectile attacks:
1920s: Potato (A peeled potato, used for hurling the enemies or healing some of their health back.)
1940s: Boomerang (A multi-hit projectile, referencing Mickey Down Under from 1948.)
1980s: Christmas Wreath (A standard projectile, only used to deal damage.)
2010s: Horseshoe (Referencing Get a Horse!, this projectile deals more damage if your opponent is small.)
Side Special: Paint Thinner
Mickey pulls out his Magic Paintbrush from the Epic Mickey games, and sets it on Thinner mode.
Up Special: The Little Whirlwind
Mickey is swept up by a tiny tornado back onto the stage.

Neutral Ground: Clown Shoe
Mickey stomps the ground with the combined force of his oversized shoes and his hidden anger at the world. Don't act like the Paul Rudish version can't act like Donald Duck at times.
Side Ground: Bathroom Seal-ing
Salty the Seal comes to say hello, as only a seal can. The name is a reference to his most famous appearance, and how Mickey finds him there.
Up Ground: Drum Kit
Mickey "drums" up a solo that causes the opponent to take damage. I wasn't sure how to incorporate The Mickey Mouse Club into his moveset, despite it being so iconic to his history.

Neutral Aerial: Toodles
Toodles rushes in at Mickey's command and assists with his uppercut.
Side Aerial: Giant Leaf
A nod to Mickey and the Beanstalk, Mickey holds a leaf from the titular beanstalk to "fan" the opponent off the stage.
Up Aerial: Keyblade Whack
Mickey uses his Keyblade as a spiking tool against the other players. Looks like Link when he uses his Master Sword to spike his own opponent.

Grand Finale: The Sorcerer's Apprentice
Mickey dons his Sorcerer's Hat, and quite frankly, reshapes the very stage into his own image. Creating a tall platform for himself, shooting comet-like magic at the enemies, and raising the very sea around him. And yes, the molding of the platform, the magic comets, and commanding the water all do damage to his opponents.

Because what else could his Grand Finale be?
Neutral Special: Whistles: Music projectile
Up Special: Teleport
Down Special: Steamboat Wheel: Spins his wheel in place
Grand Finale: Fantasia: Summons waves

Side Ground: Key Swing
Up Ground: Pie Throw
Down Ground: Trip Kick

Side Air: Fishing Pole
Up Air: Slap
Down Air: Ground Stomp
Ground attacks
  • Neutral - Slapstick: Mickey Mouse slaps twice: first with his left hand, then with the right hand. A fast jab-like move, the second hit launches opponents with decent knock back.
  • Up - Parade!: Mickey Mouse holds a baton (that appears out of thin air) and stabs it upwards. This move can be charged, increasing the times Mickey stabs upwards with the baton (from one to three times) and the power of each stab. This attack references Parade of the Award Nominees, which is notable as it is Mickey's first appearance in colors.
  • Down - Tuba Solo: Mickey Mouse plays a giant tuba, creating a shockwave all around. This move can be charged, increasing its power. References Mickey Mouse's love for music and an attack he had as a playable character in Disney Infinity 3.0.
Aerial attacks
  • Neutral - Steering Willie: Mickey Mouse takes the steering wheel of the Steamboat Willie and spins it, creating a spinning hitbox all around himself. Of course references Steamboat Willie.
  • Up - Clock Cleaners: Mickey Mouse takes a mop and swings it upwards. This move can be charged. Also yes, I am going to add a Clock Cleaners references you can't stop me
  • Down - Mickey Pound: Mickey Mouse performs a front flip and pounds with his butt. Acts as a spike. References Mickey's main method of dealing damage in Castle of Illusion Featuring Mickey Mouse.
Special attacks
  • Neutral - Fantasia: Mickey Mouse dons the Sorcerer's hat for a moment and releases a small, erratic firework forward. The firework travels a decent distance before exploding, creating Mickey Mouse's symbol with the explosion. An obvious reference the short The Sorcerer's Apprentice from Fantasia. For Mickey wearing the hat, take King K. Rool's Blunderbuss as a reference. The cannonball in that move can be used as a rough reference for the firework's trajectory (it travels much faster and is much weaker, though).
  • Up - Paintbrush Rise: Mickey Mouse jumps upwards, while hitting with a paintbrush. This move is conceptually similar to Mario's Super Jump Punch. This move leaves a trail of paint behind, but it's merely aesthetic. An obvious reference to the Epic Mickey series.
  • Down - The Little Whirlwind: Mickey Mouse is engulfed in a small tornado, creating a spinning multi-hit attack that works similar to Mario Tornado from Super Smash Bros. and Melee. Like that move, it can stall Mickey's fall, but only the first time it is used. Uniquely, this move messes up with Mickey's ears perspective: in normal game, Mickey's ears act like they usually do, forming the Mickey symbol regardless of the perspective, whereas when Mickey is engulfed in the tornado, his ears act like normal 3D physical objects. This is a small reference to the fact that starting with The Little Whirlwind (the short that inspired this move), Mickey's ears followed perspective. This change didn't last long, though.
Grand Finale - Fantasmic!: Mickey Mouse wears his full attire from The Sorcerer's Apprentice and casts loads of fireworks on the stage. This move acts somewhat like PK Starstorm, but the fireworks start traveling from Mickey Mouse and don't descend from the sky. The final firework however is a larger and stronger one that Mickey releases directly in front of him. Each firework, like the ones appearing in his Neutral Special, is shaped like Mickey's logo. References the nighttime show with the same name held in Disneyland. I wanted a Grand Finale that references both Fantasia and Disney parks.
If you can't tell, I wanted Mickey Mouse to be a true shoto, using the three staples of the archetype (fireball, spinning move, and rising uppercut) for his special moves.
Here are the four movesets for Mickey Mouse, submitted by Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye , Northsouthmap Northsouthmap , and me. Vote for your top two choices. Your moveset can't be your top preference. Here are my votes:
1. Wario Wario Wario's moveset: as highlighted in my own moveset, for Mickey Mouse I tried to create a shoto fighter. This moveset is not very different from that idea, so it has to be one of my favorites. I also like that the Grand Finale is Keyblade Wielder, a completely different idea from the other ones, which are based on Fantasia or similar stuff.
2. My moveset: I think that this is a simple to learn moveset and for Mickey Mouse that is what's most important, in my mind. Also nobody references Clock Cleaners in their moveset and so they are bad by default

Honorable mention goes to Master Hero's moveset because I really liked some of its moves (Up Ground especially), but I think it's a bit too complex for our first character. Still, a fantastic idea, I really like how this Job turned out!

1: Buzz Lightyear
If any Pixar rep is getting in first, it's gonna be a Toy Story rep. And if we're getting our first Toy Story rep, it's likely to be Buzz.
2: Luxo Jr.
I am surprised that the Pixar shorts have gotten as many suggestions as they have here. Nevertheless, we already have Mickey, so let's get Pixar's Mickey.
3: Mrs. Incredible / Elastigirl
I'm in the majority that an Incredibles rep is a must-have for a Disney game, let alone a Pixar game. And quite frankly, any of the Parrs could make it in and get some love from the fans.

Honorable mentions go to...everyone but the Jackalope and Bass & Treble. Excluding them and my own Top 3, they all have merit to be the first Pixar character to get invited.

1: LoZ00's moveset
This kit is both easy to learn and full of Mickey Mouse references. What's not to like about this?
2: Northsouthmap's moveset
Next to my own moveset for the character, this guy's choices are the only other set that deals with the ground attacks and aerials. Of course I would give my fellow submitters some love.

Top Bottom