• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Mafia - Copy Soon To Be Moved to DGames

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, I see it this way. This is not a game about personal survival, it's Us vs Them. I'll do what I can to put town at an advantage, BUT people have to be smart now that I've done that.

Also, I feel it our best option. But try to pick at inconsistencies in roles, and expect lying.
Sounds fair enough. I believe in one game they did a thing where they listed people they wanted to claim. Since the game is so character driven, we could realistically claim our characters, and use that to weed out the liars.

Thoughts?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'd like either the King to make the decision or everyone to agree before we start. Also, would anyone have a problem if the King revealed his first?

Sudai

Stuff here
Sounds fair enough. I believe in one game they did a thing where they listed people they wanted to claim. Since the game is so character driven, we could realistically claim our characters, and use that to weed out the liars.

Thoughts?
Unless Tom allows us to post snippets of the Role PMs, I'm against everyone just claiming their character. You can lie about that, but you can't lie about the Role PM..sooo, we could just post the character introductions from our Role PMs and go from there if Tom allows it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Unless Tom allows us to post snippets of the Role PMs, I'm against everyone just claiming their character. You can lie about that, but you can't lie about the Role PM..sooo, we could just post the character introductions from our Role PMs and go from there if Tom allows it.
Read the rules. It clearly says you can post your PMs.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Now that you know my restriction, and are aware of it's consequences. We can gain two things from this. Anyone who tries to reveal my role is pretty much auto scum, and I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good of the town.

And with my restriction known, I'm for a name claim.
Wait, wait, wait. So you get modkilled if you reveal who you are. And how does that clear you at all? And how does trying to oust your character make somebody auto-scum? You're basically saying that you can't roleclaim, but you'd like everybody else to?

Red flag.

Thoughts?
This is Disney. There are 16 of us. I know for a fact that the Mafia can just pick any random good guy, and get away with it. If we roleclaim, I think it'll have to be the full PM. That way, we can find differences in flavor.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'd like either the King to make the decision or everyone to agree before we start. Also, would anyone have a problem if the King revealed his first?
I don't mind as long as we follow what Sudai said since there can't be any lying(altering) the information from the PM.

And obviously, I'll bite and ask, is there a reason why the King should go first? I don't mind doing things as long as I understand the reason/deem the reason worthy of of going through with it. :)

Sudai

Stuff here
For some reason I was under the impression editing Role PMs was forbidden, which may or may not include omitting information*. I might have just misinterpreted something somewhere along the line though.

*That's the part I was saying we'd need Tom's permission for.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Since I brought this idea up, please allow me to dictate. I promise you; I have a specific plan in mind.

I have already achieved what I wanted from making that first comment. Here is my ULTIMATE plan.

Everyone quote ONLY their pictures. Nothing else. If you are a good guy, you should have no problem with this since you save yourself from showing any abilities you may have. You do not reveal what faction you are with either since one can only assume (and possibly assume incorrectly).

Does anyone have a problem with this? For those of you who are townies, I highly suggest you agree with my method since a lot of thought has been put behind it. Let's just say I may or may not have some special abilities to make the results very interesting.

Everyone respond (including you Karina)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Would it be fine to post snippets of our Role PM? I know Chaco technically just did, but it wouldn't hurt to know for sure from Tom before we go off and do that any more. If we can post snippets, we could exclude abilities from what we post to avoid this disadvantage.
You can do that, its not against the rules to reveal parts of your role PM.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't mind as long as we follow what Sudai said since there can't be any lying(altering) the information from the PM.

And obviously, I'll bite and ask, is there a reason why the King should go first? I don't mind doing things as long as I understand the reason/deem the reason worthy of of going through with it. :)
My biggest reason for getting you to role claim first, other than being the sole person in charge of lynching, you are most likely to die tonight. In this game we will have pro-town, anti-town, and independent power roles. If you end up lynching someone who is mob, that simply takes you out of the mafia power role, but leaves you in the place for independent. You revealing could be verified by our investigator(s) and could lead to us getting a wealth of information. If we find your role really shady, and assuming we have one, our pro-town vigilante could take you out and give us our power back.

Finally, I am totally in favor of quoting full PMs.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Are you guys not aware of how easy it'll be for the Mafia to lie about their characters?

Also, I think we're being a little hasty here. I say leave the roleclaiming until later today. We still have a long time before the deadline. Maybe we can fish some scum out before we go ahead and reveal ourselves? Maybe?

Omni

BRoomer
Are you guys not aware of how easy it'll be for the Mafia to lie about their characters?

Also, I think we're being a little hasty here. I say leave the roleclaiming until later today. We still have a long time before the deadline. Maybe we can fish some scum out before we go ahead and reveal ourselves? Maybe?
Why are you hesitating? Revealing only your picture will help other townies to figure out if you're a good guy or a bad guy. If there is a chance to fish the scum out now, then there's no reason to wait.

If you're really a good guy, trust me. If you don't trust me, trust the fact that revealing only your picture will only help the townies and hurt the mafia.

I can deal with everything else. I'm special.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

While Role Claiming is viable, I am starting to see Xsyven's point. We need to delay role claiming/name claiming/any claims until tomorrow. The only people who will really benefit from this is the mafia and anti-town indies. Why? Because townies won't lie about their roles, but anti-towns will. In fact, if we operate with that knowledge in mind, we need to be mindful of the people pushing hard for the claims when, as of now, it won't help that much.

Zero, DO NOT CLAIM. Let's start over with what we have.

We have two people with potential post restrictions.
We have one person who cannot reveal their name.
We have one person who may or may not have a special power based on roles.

Right now, I am deeply suspicious of Omni. He is pushing for this huge claim, and he hinted at having an ability, but he isn't giving much else. We need to look for flags like this. I am going to go through all his posts and see if I can catch some other threads like that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Because if you know my character, and are about to say it, you will know my allignment. Simple enough?

I wanted a name claim, not a roleclaim. I CAN roleclaim, just not nameclaim. Huge difference.

But I am for full PMs, and will quote mine and edit out my name picture, and the such.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
My biggest reason for getting you to role claim first, other than being the sole person in charge of lynching, you are most likely to die tonight. In this game we will have pro-town, anti-town, and independent power roles. If you end up lynching someone who is mob, that simply takes you out of the mafia power role, but leaves you in the place for independent. You revealing could be verified by our investigator(s) and could lead to us getting a wealth of information. If we find your role really shady, and assuming we have one, our pro-town vigilante could take you out and give us our power back.

Finally, I am totally in favor of quoting full PMs.
The first part seems reasonable. The other part strikes me as you overusing the word "we," which may hint at you trying to blend in/seem clean. But that's everyone's goal right now and we'll leave it at that. ;)

I'm also not against revealing snippets or the entire PM for that matter. And as far as me dying during the night, that was just a pretty standard explanation because I happen to be King at the moment. So I'm not particularly impressed.

Again, I'm not against disclosing information about my role in this thread.

Omni

BRoomer
Crimson King: It's about time someone got desperate and started to point the finger at me. There's nothing suspicious about my cause. Why would a mafia member SUGGEST revealing themselves in the first place?

Chaco: You will not die by revealing your picture. A picture only reveals only that, a picture. You can interpret an alignment, but because that alignment is not clearly stated you are not at risk of dying.

I'm starting to see a trend from those who are opposing my idea

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Why are you hesitating? Revealing only your picture will help other townies to figure out if you're a good guy or a bad guy. If there is a chance to fish the scum out now, then there's no reason to wait.

If you're really a good guy, trust me. If you don't trust me, trust the fact that revealing only your picture will only help the townies and hurt the mafia.

This is my claim.

Not. That's how easy it is for the Mafia to lie.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
While posting that, Omni made a post that put him number one of my list of people to distrust:

This is what we need to watch out for. He is pressuring someone to do something they do not want to do nor or comfortable doing. He's simplifying the act of claiming as "just posting a picture." That's a scumtell. "Just" posting a picture will reveal a lot more than who you are. It'll give the mafia enough to know if you are worth killing or saving for later.

[/quote]

I can deal with everything else. I'm special.[/quote]

So basically, based on nothing, you are going to call anyone who distrusts you a bad guy? We have no reason to trust nor think you are special.

Zero, focus on him.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, how easy is it to google for a picture. If we're going to do this, let's do it right.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sorry, I've been busy these past few days -- unlike KevinM, that no-life loser.

Ummm, just asking: couldn't people easily just fake-quote a picture? I'm not sure exactly what counts as "not editing" a PM (I've never quoted one before, tbh).... what if they just made up the quote completely and put in a different pic?

(hmm)

Omni

BRoomer
Fine. Since you guys don't trust me, I'll reveal my full plan.

Right-click, Xysyven's picture. Notice anything? Ah, yes. A URL.

Want to know something else interesting? Tom uploaded each and everyone's picture to his own Photobucket. Did you guys not investigate that enough?

No clones of pictures can be produced. Anything presented not under Tom's photobucket account will be FALSE EVIDENCE. There is no escape.

Unless you try to argue your way out of it... but that will only lead to us knowing who you are from the start.

You can try to struggle all you want, but it's true. This is checkmate from the beginning.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's brilliant, however, I cannot do that. You'll have to trust me on this.

So we already know that Xsy has lied.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

Fine. Since you guys don't trust me, I'll reveal my full plan.

Right-click, Xysyven's picture. Notice anything? Ah, yes. A URL.

Want to know something else interesting? Tom uploaded each and everyone's picture to his own Photobucket. Did you guys not investigate that enough?

No clones of pictures can be produced. Anything presented not under Tom's photobucket account will be FALSE EVIDENCE. There is no escape.

Unless you try to argue your way out of it... but that will only lead to us knowing who you are from the start.

You can try to struggle all you want, but it's true. This is checkmate from the beginning.
That's valid, but if you are Mafia, you just lie, people lynch you, and the OTHER MEMBERS OF THE MAFIA, can kill off the town people. You seriously are not thinking this through.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

You also have instances like Chaco where he cannot reveal his character, which muddle up the results.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer

Wait... when did I lie. I'm not claiming to be Jimminy Cricket, I was making an example of how easy it'd be for someone to lie about their claim.

That was before Omni pointed out the URLs. I hadn't even checked my real picture's URL. It's a loophole, and it's kind of broken, but it's not a bad idea.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I just think it's best if we quote full PM. This has the best chance of us nailing scum. They would literally have to make up a bunch of bull **** to fake it, and even at that your picture tell would still apply.

We doc will know who to protect, and vig will know who to kill. We can easily get two scum out in the first day.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wait... when did I lie. I'm not claiming to be Jimminy Cricket, I was making an example of how easy it'd be for someone to lie about their claim.

That was before Omni pointed out the URLs. I hadn't even checked my real picture's URL. It's a loophole, and it's kind of broken, but it's not a bad idea.
Ahh, gotcha. I thought you were seriously claiming him. @__@

Omni

BRoomer
That's valid, but if you are Mafia, you just lie, people lynch you, and the OTHER MEMBERS OF THE MAFIA, can kill off the town people. You seriously are not thinking this through.
I have thought this through. Alot, actually.

The ratio of Mafia to Townies is in the Townies favor. Also, the Mafia clearly knows that anyone who isn't in the Mafia is a target (unless you're independent).

There are no flaws. This is entirely in the good guy's favor. At worse, the townies will suffer a few casualities, but if we group together early and find out who we are then we can put up a solid defense.

I applaud you though. Attempting to get the King to lynch me early would be my strategy as a member of the Mafia. I do seem to be treading on shallow water, but there has to be a reason for all my confidence, correct?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I just think it's best if we quote full PM. This has the best chance of us nailing scum. They would literally have to make up a bunch of bull **** to fake it, and even at that your picture tell would still apply.

We doc will know who to protect, and vig will know who to kill. We can easily get two scum out in the first day.
Wait, wait! This was before we knew about the links being directly from Tom's photobucket or whatever.

I say pictures first, then if we're still stuck after that, then we reveal roles. This way, we can hunt scum, and protect our valuable townies all at once.

Omni

BRoomer
Sudai, Karina, Zero Beat (The King), Xysven, and myself have all pretty much agreed to follow suit. That makes 5/16 members.

Who else will agree to only reveal their quoted pictures? Once our number reaches 12/16, it's pretty much checkmate.

As I said before, there's really no escape.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I don't really care either way.

But there's a pretty good chance that Tom might have made it less obvious than we're assuming as far as who's good and who's scum.

Disney has a ****load of characters, and some of them weren't obviously on one side or the other. We might mess around and lynch one of our own people if we base it off of pictures alone. :urg:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
We shouldn't base it off of pictures alone, KayLo. We'll go by pictures, and how the player been playing. I really don't want Zero to jump the gun on day one. We have a fully equipped army right now, and I'd rather keep it that way.

Pictures only will keep our power players safe. If we need to quote entire PMs, we will. My vote for right now is baby steps. Step one, pictures.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm definitely saying that something's up with this. Tom's too meticulous about mafia to let us get by this easy.

I'm down with pictures.

Omni

BRoomer
I don't really care either way.

But there's a pretty good chance that Tom might have made it less obvious than we're assuming as far as who's good and who's scum.

Disney has a ****load of characters, and some of them weren't obviously on one side or the other. We might mess around and lynch one of our own people if we base it off of pictures alone. :urg:
You're absolutely right.

The only way Tom could have made is less obvious is if he uploaded each picture from each account. Again, I've already verified this isn't the case.

IF, for some reason, a townie was given a picture with say, "Jafar", things would still be okay. All we need to do is look at the pictures of the people who are currently trying to prevent the movement and see if their images match their actions.

This will be amazing for informational purposes let alone pinpointing the scum on the first day.

Omni

BRoomer
Sudai, Karina, Zero Beat (The King), Xysven, Chaco, and myself have all agreed to follow suit.

That's 6/16 now.

For those of you who are Mafia, I highly suggest you panic. The longer it takes for you to agree with this full proof plan, the easier it will take to find out who's guilty.

Time is of essence.

Top Bottom