• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Mafia - Copy Soon To Be Moved to DGames

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

Bunny (Tink), for now, try communicating to us with "yes" and "no". Ding once for "yes"; ding twice for "no". Oh, and if you have something important you want to try to tell us, ding away. Capice?
Ding .

Sudai

Stuff here
At the very least I wouldn't lynch Bunny. Aside from that, I can't think of anything other than what's been posted and I don't want to waste your time reciting what's been said.

Bunny, is there a way for us to remove your post restriction? If yes, do you currently know what it is? Also, can you think of any way for you to communicate with us beyond replying with a simple yes/no?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Bunny, this might sound like I'm asking for too much, but we need to make sure you aren't terribly useless.

Do you have the ability to communicate with somebody in this game in English? You know, more than just dingalingdingding?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm hesitant towards even considering Bunny(lynching her) for two reasons: I don't know anything about her other than the posting restriction, and the whole ding ding language looks very cute on her.

Decisions decisions...

I do believe in the fact that an idea is true to the degree that it is useful, which would translate into "no sense in keeping a useless player." It's just doubt that's killing me. Help me plebeians!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
These are just sounds, not words. But what are words?
Are they picked form the air with prejudice?
NO! They need not be sounds or writings.
All they must do is convey information. And this must surely hold information,
even if that information is "This has no information".
And these are therefore words!

But you ask what is information? What is it nonsense?
Who can winnow knowledge from unknowedge?
Maybe if it is useful it is information..
but useful to who?
If it is useful to but one person is it information!?!? Yes!
But everything is useful to me! So there is no nonsense in the world!

Virgilius is most likely the Mad Hatter. He conveys information with unorthodox rhymes. I'm reluctant to break apart what he has to say since there may not be any substance to it. It was this comment that had me curious about Bunny.

Let's leave Bunny alone for the minute.

Bunny, if you have anything you feel you need to disclose to us ding me.

Not much to say at this point. Would really like if the rest of the people who haven't introduced themselves would make themselves known.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I once knew but didn't a man.
He was an interesting man
And one day he said
"Stranger! I have grown tired of words!"
But he had not grown at all!
Especially not tired.

He only liked two words! Like light and dark!
What a queer man!
One was sharp and quick. Tap tap!
One was long and dull. Tub tub!
It reminds me of this women and her silence!
Perhaps if she were clever like the man...

Chaco

Never Logs In
How would everyone feel about Karina quoting her PM? To early?

And yeah, this is all up to Zero. It's D1 you're not gonna have loads to go on. Basically I would avoid a Bunny and Virg lynch for now. Focus on coasters, and hope for the best.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Sometimes basically doesn't cut it, Chaco. Any logic of your own behind shielding Virg and Bunny?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yes, their restrictions, you can't tell hardly anything about them. However, I feel it is a safe bet to say one of them is mafia. Two post restricted townies would be a little excessive don'tcha think?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I don't think much of them right now, which is why I'm inquiring.

I understand Virg's verses but for all I know, the message(s) in them could be used to hide his actual intentions. As far as Bunny, I am clueless. The only thing riding for her is the possibility that because she has a restriction, she may be hiding something valuable. I do have a problem with seemingly pointless things though, so yeah.

Crimson King's casual talk is a bit interesting as well: "heh, well since he's(zero) the king, might as well help him and get this over with, rite?"

I'm merely looking for reactions. ;)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, if Bunny if Bunny is Tink, we know where she falls.

As far as Virg, try to think of characters who speak like that? Does anyone come to mind?

Also, are there any thoughts on a mass name claim? Good, bad? Do you feel the names will show their allignment?

Omni

BRoomer
How would everyone feel about Karina quoting her PM? To early?
If Karina believes it would be beneficial to quote her PM, then she can do it willingly. Just because she can't communicate doesn't mean she doesn't have a mind of her own. She's clever enough to give us information now that we've given her the ability to grab our attention or answer our questions.

Given this is the first day, I don't think anything is a "safe bet". Either you're overly anxious or you're not entirely grasping the entirety of the situation.

As I said before, I'm more worried about those who more reserved and/or haven't spoken at all.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm just instigating discussion. We need to gain as much as possible from D1, and not walk away from it with no beneficial information.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
So you guys suggest we wait for everyone to chime in, and then decide? Or go with "Since the first day can be written off as a lucky lynch, close your eyes and type."

???????

I think that if we're able to decide on either of those as a group, or get a majority vote on at least this issue, it'd be a step forward.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Read better, Virg.

Tom said:
3. You are allowed to quote your Role PMs! I wonder why Tom would do this? Wouldn't that give an advantage to the town? Maybe if Tom were any other moderator! Do you want to risk it? Well, you're allowed to!
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7932614&postcount=63

Though I guess it is Tom's fault for not editing the first post. Also, is Bunny even able to quote her mod PM if she can only jingle?

Sudai

Stuff here
It would all depend on how the Mod PMs are "recorded" in the mafia world. Aka, it'd be Tom's call.

So you guys suggest we wait for everyone to chime in, and then decide? Or go with "Since the first day can be written off as a lucky lynch, close your eyes and type."
I'm going to say we wait for everyone to chime in, though if the two stragglers don't post by a predetermined time, we should just have you close your eyes and type just to keep the game moving. From there, it's just deciding on a time.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Having two post restrictions on Town's side does seem excessive, especially since they are both extremely obvious and obtrusive to posting. I wouldn't put it beyond Virg to fake one, but Bunny is new to these games as far as I'm aware. I have the feeling if we just lynch one of them, we might regret it later, since there usually comes a payoff with a post restriction. That doesn't mean they're cleared in the slightest though. Quoting PMs is up to the player's discretion, but I don't think it's justified for anyone to do it this early.

For now I'd like to direct attention towards inactives and people who just don't really add anything. Both Bunny and Virg are active, so unless something comes up I'd give them a free pass for Day 1.

Omni

BRoomer
*Ahem.* If you all will listen...

Let's look with what we have to work with thanks to Tom.

We are allowed to quote our Role PM's. This is a pretty big deal. I'll break it down for you:

Townies don't know any roles; this is their biggest disadvantage since this allows the Mafia to "blend in". However, with this new Tom Rule, the townies can all reveal themselves which should show which faction they belong to. What are the advantages and disadvantages to this?

Advantages:
1.) The townies will be able to identify themselves with other townies. There is no room for deception since editing a Role PM is illegal.

2.) Anyone who is opposed to the idea will stand out as being a Mafia member. As Disney characters go, it is clear who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. Not to mention a person's abilities can also be a dead giveaway.

Disadvantages:
1.) Anyone who quotes their Role PM will expose their abilities. However, because townies outnumber the Mafia and it is impossible to destroy the Mafia in one day, the townies will be forced to suffer a few casualties (unless they get lucky).

This would all go well for the townies EXCEPT for one single factor.

Could our own King be a member of the Mafia?

This is my plan to weed out who's who. If you agree with my plan, say so. If not, please explain why. Realize that if your explanation is not sensible the FOS may be pointed at you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I disagree Inferno. With Advantage 2, sometimes you can't claim.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Though I guess it is Tom's fault for not editing the first post.
I apologize for the constant Mod-talk and micromanaging of the rules. Its not normal and it won't be like this for the rest of the game.

Per this quoted request, the Game Specific Rules and the General Rules have been merged in the first post, as they conflicted, and hopefully they are now clear. Any rule that is struck through like this has been revoked and does not count.

Omni

BRoomer
Tom's Role PM Standard said:
[Character Image]
[Character Quote]

Welcome, you are Character (movie) the [role.] Short description follows.

Factional Abilities
Only Mafia have these

Passive Abilities
These are things that you don't have to turn on or off. They could be insider information or masonries or communication rules or role restrictions or automatic abilities.

Active Abilities
These are things you must choose to do. Usually, you may only do one per night.

Win Condition
The town win condition is: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
Any more desperate oppositions from you Chaco? Not only was your response short and without thought, it was extremely poorly placed.

Besides, if you're a good guy, there's no reason to object is there?

I wonder...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, think wisely about it, and let me quote a snippet from mine.

Tom said:
Passive Abilities:
In Disguise: You cannot claim to be [Removed due to restriction]. You are in disguise, and if you are revealed to be [Removed due to restriction], you will be immediately lynched! Keep your identity hidden.
See what I'm getting at now? And before you think that restriction is scummy, would I have revealed it or even hinted at it if I was?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Now that you know my restriction, and are aware of it's consequences. We can gain two things from this. Anyone who tries to reveal my role is pretty much auto scum, and I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good of the town. A\

And with my restriction known, I'm for a name claim.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Kawaii, can we understand what you're saying if we get Peter Pan to translate for us? Is there even a Peter Pan in this game?

Omni

BRoomer
That was somewhat reckless for you to reveal your identity so prematurely. Then again, it may work to your favor.

At the moment, I'm only looking for feedback from everyone. If enough people think it's worth carrying out we'll go with it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I was actually kind of worried that Kawaii was faking the post restriction, hence the "post or die." With the fact that she didn't respond other than "ding," I am certain it's legit.

Also, did someone actually mention a role claim on day one? We'd REALLY have to break that down bit by bit before we do that, but in a game with famous characters, it actually could work.

Anyone have opinions on it?

Also, I am in favor or breaking down Virg's riddles on Day 2.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Kawaii, were you given information at the start of the game that nobody else received?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I see it this way. This is not a game about personal survival, it's Us vs Them. I'll do what I can to put town at an advantage, BUT people have to be smart now that I've done that.

Also, I feel it our best option. But try to pick at inconsistencies in roles, and expect lying.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I think it could be more beneficial to the scum considering the following:

As scum, provided they're good with logistics, could weave themselves out of a tight grip without having to reveal anything, while at the same time getting hints at who're the big targets(power roles) to kill during the night.

I'm up for revealing partial information, for obvious reasons. And honestly, I'm not so sure as to what I should and shouldn't reveal for the moment. My decision may change depending on what I see from the rest of the crowd. I'm still trying to figure out Chaco's quick trigger.

Also, why does it matter whether the King is scum or not? At least on day 1 that is.

Sudai

Stuff here
Advantages:
1.) The townies will be able to identify themselves with other townies. There is no room for deception since editing a Role PM is illegal.
What if Tom himself was the one to do the deceiving? I'm pretty sure that he expected this scenario and I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't make things that easy. This point is already partially proven by Chaco's restriction.

Disadvantages:
1.) Anyone who quotes their Role PM will expose their abilities. However, because townies outnumber the Mafia and it is impossible to destroy the Mafia in one day, the townies will be forced to suffer a few casualties (unless they get lucky).
Would it be fine to post snippets of our Role PM? I know Chaco technically just did, but it wouldn't hurt to know for sure from Tom before we go off and do that any more. If we can post snippets, we could exclude abilities from what we post to avoid this disadvantage.

With that, I'm up for people showing their Role PMs, the whole thing or parts of it, whatever we decide on.

Top Bottom