• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Mafia - Copy Soon To Be Moved to DGames

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Why don't we just do a role call if we have nothing else to go on?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Or, we can repeat oursleves...
Or come up with new options!
Or come up with new options!
And come up with new options!

This is rather early for people to begin saying
"You did not see me!, But I did this!"
But maybe we might have to start.
If the trend from past to present continues
Most of us have abilities! Most!
Maybe we can think of them as pieces...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
If you have any ideas Virg than feel free to share.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm actually going to claim to save my own skin from the Mafia. A lot of you are probably guessing that I'm the cop. Nope. I just get to find out dead peoples' PMs. So uh... yeah. I investigate dead people.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
So you don't know anything that could help I take it?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I see, I see Mouseman!
Then I must wonder what your little friend can do?
Unfortunately, she is away! Come back!
Now is not the time to nod off!
But for now I trust this mouse,
The clever ones should guess why!

As for me, I have an ability! Or do I?
Maybe you are looking at it! But is that an ability?
Are you able to see it? An able ability?
Now I am confusing myself! I must stop! We must start!
I apologize for being so vague, but this is me! I cannot denounce it!
What do the others have to say?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm not sure how to approach this at the moment.

It has become near impossible to distinguish identities even with role claims and pictures.

I don't know who Jafar could be besides Virgilius; it would be really awkward for him [Jafar] to be able to hide under another Disney character's persona.

I was positive that I was on the right track, but it seems my original plan was counterproductive. Maybe it wasn't. What useful information did we get out of it?

At this point, should we stop roleclaiming? I really dislike the fact that everyone is roleclaiming giving the Mafia more to look at. Instead, I would feel at ease if we all voted on the Top 2 or 3 people to roleclaim. Even still, it may not produce any results.

Ignoring identities for a moment: is there anything we an grab out of these last days that may be seen as odd? I do dislike the fact that many people are just completely inactive and only appear to roleclaim when being asked.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yeah, not much can be done when the game is all but dead.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
This is an intriguing little dilemma!
But we can overcome it! All is possible!
All fire: I am not the vizier! He is a master of trickery!
We all know this! He has been a beggar before
And none of us knew! It can happen again!
We do not know Providence's plans, but we can expect them!

Now, mark my words...
Marc, your words! I am curious as to you.
Though you have agreed with me and stood at my back
If you had a knife that would not be very pleasant! For me!
You are active but not too. You just sit on your duchy,
Content for the serfs to talk! I want your words!

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Virg: I'm fairly quiet because I'm not so sure what needs to happen either. We have several viable lynch targets, but all of it hinges on the name/roleclaim. It just doesn't add up... Either there are good guy characters in the Mafia or Tom has been actively helping people with fake pictures or even PMs. Omni made some good points regarding you (Virg), but nothing you have done stands out as anti-Town behaviour. Lynching one of the most vocal players (despite a post restriction!) just because he can't roleclaim and might be a certain character is too little to go on IMO. This might backfire if you are indeed Mafia, but that's how I feel right now.

Also, does no one else think it strange Xsyven has Photoshop opened in his screenshot? Might not be anything, but caught my eye. There also wasn't a reason for him to roleclaim right now and his claim is quite safe. Gets the PMs of dead players? That's not very useful for a role that screams Cop. Even if he's Town, it's just a bad move as the Mafia has a higher chance of landing a more valuable kill now. It's individualistic behaviour Town doesn't need.

Everyone seems to be hesistant to make a decision, including me. If we can't agree on a lynch, we can always lynch Mini. Right now he's just sitting comfortably as long as he picks the right target to hide behind at night and he doesn't count as Town. His PM suggests he dies if he's with someone who actually gets killed at night, so all he does is out Town specials. I for one am really not happy with outing a Bodyguard.

Then there's air. He admits to being a character who's a villain no way you look at it. His PM suggests otherwise though. =/

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I mean, the most inactive person I'd say thus far is FAILchion. Overall, the game is quickly become very inactive.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
The failure is on!
But he is busy chasing his tail instead of posting here!
His brain is clotted. He needs a prod! Providence!
But if he does not, then perhaps we must point at him
For the time being.
Not part of the solution can be part of the problem.

But typically the shadows do not do that! They manipulate!
Especially after we have all slept!
My memory is fogged and slippery: can some one remind me who claimed whose face?
And who was for All Fire's plan with little reservations?
And who voted for the wind twins?
I apologize, but some one please help!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I mean, the most inactive person I'd say thus far is FAILchion. Overall, the game is quickly become very inactive.
Bah extenuation: I still have the most posts in this thread and I've been gone for awhile.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Overdue:
Unvote: airgemini
Vote: Mini Mic

Inactives have been a problem in pretty much all games I've been in on Smashboards. While lynching them is a possibility, we're much better off with proactive prodding/replacing/modkilling by the GM. So I'd also like to appeal to Tom for that (and an up to date "who votes who").

Regarding Omni's plan... I wouldn't want to lynch people purely on going along with it. Especially considering most of this game's players are inexperienced and the plan has yet to backfire. There also was a lot of pressure, considering majority wanted it. I hesitated myself and was vocal about it, but ended up nameclaiming anyway (as did everyone besides Virg). Bottom line, the one most responsible for Omni's plan is Omni... and I still trust him.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Tom's away for the week or something isn't he?

Marc: care to explain why you're voting for me when I've been one of the few people that has actually tried to help? Now that I think about it, you've been on my *** for pretty much the whole game.

And yes I'm a MGS fan.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Mini Mic, it's not uncommon for people to resort to the indie lynch in order to protect lynching townies.

You're sort of our 1up if you think about it.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
That's bull****. So when everyone else is inactive you lynch someone you know is trying to help. Yeah, that's real incentive to get others (including Mafia) to post, isn't it?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The logic is basically that I'd lynch an independent before taking a gamble. I've also pointed out that you are only able to name visitors of a person who survived... those visitors are usually pro-town roles, and that's only if you decide to tell the truth. You don't count towards Town's numbers and if we keep this up you'll just vote with the Mafia when it comes down to it. What I AM curious about is whether or not you had the option to ask for a fake role PM.

Also, if you have a convincing case against anyone, I'll gladly change my vote.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
How can I have a convincing case against anyone when no one posts?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Besides, lets say you lynch me. What happens tomorrow? Nothing will change to make the 50% of inactive players post anymore. Basically what you're doing at the moment is showing the mafia that being inactive works. Maybe that's what you want though? You know it's extremely difficult to kill me at night so this is the only way you have to get rid of me.

In all likelyhood though the mafia are all people like skyler and fail who do nothing and continue to get away with it until it's too late for the town.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It'd be more advantageous for Mafia to lynch a Townie instead of an independent Survivor, as you are no threat to them and don't count towards the majority they want to diminish. You already seem to realise that is a baseless assault though.

You're also right about our position, you're basically a means to buy time. I will be very upset if there's no GM activity regarding the inactives by tomorrow (tomorrow as in the next game day), as they ruin the game. As things are airgemini is more likely to be lynched though, I'm just pointing out the possibily of getting rid of an independent rather than betting it all on the nameclaim.

You also didn't answer my question. =[ Did you at any point have the possibility to claim something different?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
You're also right about our position, you're basically a means to buy time. I will be very upset if there's no GM activity regarding the inactives by tomorrow (tomorrow as in the next game day), as they ruin the game.
If you're just looking to buy time then why not vote 'no lynch'?

I'm just pointing out the possibily of getting rid of an independent rather than betting it all on the nameclaim.
No, you are trying to get rid of me, that's why you voted for me. And what's wrong with a name claim? At least it will give us something to work with. Seriously, what do we have to work with at the moment? Nothing.

You also didn't answer my question. =[ Did you at any point have the possibility to claim something different?
If your question was did I have the option to claim a fake role then no I didn't. But you're obviously not going to believe me so there wasn't much point to that question anyway.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Almost forgot: Unvote

It's a shame each person can only vote once because I'd like to vote for a hell of a lot of people at the moment.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Except lynching an independent is more beneficial than a no lynch no matter how you look at it. By betting it all on the nameclaim I meant lynching air, or Virg, or whoever else is suspicious JUST because of the nameclaim. I am still trying to figure out this game's design and I actually believe you when you say that you couldn't post a fake claim. This means the game's design is seriously flawed regarding the survival chances of independents and MAYBE Mafia as well. CK and Mini were instantly outed, so I guess we got something out of it already.

So it basically hinges on whether we believe or not the nameclaim screws over Mafia as much as it does independents. Screenshots can obviously be tampered with (though it takes some skill), but airgemini claimed Gaston, a villainous character. Virg still hasn't claimed. Is there a good guy character that'd fit in with the Mafia? Does anyone have any info at all? Don't get me wrong, I'd still rather lynch Mafia than an independent, but an independent before a Townie or a no lynch.

Top Bottom