• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
What do you think? Gheb's playing like scum a knob and T3S is mad observant considering Kuz is meant to be new. I think anyway, I forget what happened earlier.
Like I said, I have been reading up on some stuff and thought about how the game works. Its not impossible for me to make intelligent posts.

T3S, which of you have made which posts? Which voted Seph?
Why are you asking this? Its irrelevant who is posting it if the question comes from the same hydra.

@Smashmachine, I am not letting you slip under the radar like Seph is. There are some questions asked of you pages ago that you continue to ignore. Step it up.

@Seph, UTC lets see some contribution out of you as well please.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Ghebo/everyone:- smallcaps relates to Death who speaks in small capitals. It's one of the few characters that Pratchett stylistically represents differently [in text].

Also @Gheb: regarding #86 the answer I was looking for is here...

One thing I can see scum doing is trying to nudge the newer players early in the game. If people don't follow you can always pull the "it was just RVS and I wanted to get a read on him"-card. If people do follow then you get an opportunity to get rid of a townie with little consequences. Since he's the newest player it shouldn't be too hard for you to paint him in a bad light.
...But I actually felt Swiss appeared more investigative rather than trying to "blatantly mislead" the Town from a scum POV, which is why I think #86 was an overreaction by you, a tad interceptive. It reminds of a certain ongoing game. Though the above makes me understand what you're thinking now a little more.
_

@Smarginator: Considering your vote placement on Seph, what do you currently make of UFOUTDZac?
_

Playstyle terms really. If you wanna see different stuff look at All-Star and FF7. Best examples there of two different styles completely. It also has a bit to do with how I think. The need to approach each game differently is because I seem to keep on doing horribly each game hence why I die by N3 everytime I play ;_;. This game I am just gonna try and play to play. Hiiiii right back atcha.

You even got me a present! How nice.
It's nice! IT'S CHRISSSSTMASSS! :chuckle: So because you like to mix it up and the such, what is your playstyle strategy for this particular game? Or will you mainly be playing it by ear?
_

@UTDZac:- how is The Colour of Magic?
_

@Cello:- what about my other question? =( Well, I know what you think of Gheb. SM/Swiss/T3S?
_

@Swiss: You would definitely know about hiding in closets... Also, how will Gord be able to read Smar? You never actually answered me! :woman: Is it entirely based on being in a hydra? How concrete do you think Gord's read will be? And in answer to your question because I'm just that nice =D, I felt Gheb overreacted to the way he handled you at such an early stage, I felt you were looking for leads which struck me as not-so-scum-swiss, and smash machine I have no clue on atm though the constant FOSs lean me toward Town. I need to think about the situation more as to whether I think scum were involved or observers of the exchanges. I'll comment more in the morning.

I've been liking your play so far. Don't faint, I know it's shocking :woman:

Sleep:Time As a dead Sue would say, or maybe it was a kangaroo.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why'd you vote me? I thought we were friends. More importantly I thought we were out of rvs.
Friends? yay ;D I didn't know we were completely out of RVS yet but now I see as questions are getting more serious that we are.

Whatcha thinking about this Gheb exchange Mayling? :o

It's nice! IT'S CHRISSSSTMASSS! :chuckle: So because you like to mix it up and the such, what is your playstyle strategy for this particular game? Or will you mainly be playing it by ear?

Sleep:Time As a dead Sue would say, or maybe it was a kangaroo.
I am most likely going by ear this game. No need to have a plan really. :laugh:

You do not know how much I laughed at the Sue part. It is a bit shameful how much I did. xD

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
More importantly I thought we were out of rvs.
@Kat, both UTD and Seph both have posted absolutely nothing substantial during times where legitimate, not RVS discussion was taking place. Possibly scumtell.

If this Gheb wagon gets going and suddenly they decide to hop on, I am going to be all over them.

As for what I have seen so far

I think smashmachine/gheb is possible (gheb overreacted to swiss and smash seems to be asking all the questions while ignoring any questions posed to him other than by gheb)

UTD/Seph due to above reasons.

as for smashmachine, I would like to repose the questions asked of you before and I expect an answer (not a question) as a response.

Smashmachine, who are you? Who here do you know? Have you played mafiascum before?
"Seen" as in you just read through them or "seen" as in you actually watch them unfold? Just asking to get an idea on your background or previous experience. The more we know the more effectively we can work and the less likely we are do misunderstand you.
you still not have commented on what you think of the exchange between me and swiss.

Try to answer most questions that are posed toward you.
Stop dodging these questions.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@th3

It's very helpful to know which head is posting. And 'sides, I need to make sure I'm reading Smargz incorrectly.

#HBC | Gorf

Swiss said:
Gord you should hold my hand. We can play side by side (ish) if needed.
We'll see.

It's unfortunate though... You're looking to lynch Gheb? My paved road doesn't go that way right now. If you want to try and pave the road toward Gheb for me, you'll need to gimme the tools to pave it. Question: ARE there any tools?

#HBC | Gorf

Gheb said:
That's not what I meant. I was talking about how Swiss was trying to get smash into a stupid argument based on his nudges and jokes to which smashmashine might've not reacted accordingly. SM might've given an answer that looks unacceptable to many people here or awkward enough for them to find it suspect. That's what I mean when I say "painting somebody in a bad light".
Unacceptable? The only reaction that I'd call unacceptable is a scummy one. It's relatively easy to see if a noob is scum or town, if you do it right. The way that Swiss was doing it wasn't nice, but it certainly could've been effective.

Gheb said:
I know nobody would lynch smash for that - but there's a solid chance that people would've wanted to lynch him based on the [unfavorable] exchanges afterwards. There's no town-aligned reason for Swiss to set-up up such a scenario and I'm surprised that Cello did not just fail to see it but actually got behind it.
Okay, I'll ask you a question, then:

Let's say that in this imaginary game, nobody directs attention to smash. He's left in the shadows for a couple of days, and you decide to try to get a feel for his alignment. What is the pro-town method that you'd use? What would you have done differently from Swiss? Is it just how strong and blatantly condescending it was?

smashmachine

Smash Lord
i'm the one being asked all the questions, not the one asking them

and i've already answered the first question like WAY back
i've played games IRL, have only read through online games
i don't have too much of an opinion on that exchange

oh and unvote

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: SmashMachine

You have to have some sort of opinion on the Gheb scenario. Like myself. I say I am not comfortable placing a vote down onto Gheb because of the action to me seems pretty much like a null-tell until more info is brought up. That's just me.

Also can you re-iterate those answers or quote the post in which you adressed the first question?

smashmachine

Smash Lord
i think smarg/swiss is more suspicious than gheb
and wait...i answered the first and second question together

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You continue to be vague concerning a subject people have called you out on numerous times. Could you actually make an effort to address the questions posed to you instead of one line answers?

#HBC | Gorf

@Smashmachine

Big mistake as town. Just because somebody calls you out in a negative manner, doesn't mean that they ARE scum/suspicious.

So with that in mind, wouldn't you wanna change who you find suspicious/scum? And if you, in your heart of hearts, find smarg/swiss suspicious, can you give some reason?

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
And wait a second...Did you just shift the suspicion on me and swiss for calling you out on your relationship with Gheb?!

before **** hits the fan, is there any other reason you find me and swiss scummy?

smashmachine

Smash Lord
@gordito: it's because they happen to be pretty much spamming questions (even if it wasn't at me, i'd still find it suspicious)
and what's a hydra

#HBC | Gorf

Smash said:
gah i hate it when you post while i'm typing stuff up
Call it being "ninja'd".

So, you don't like it when town tries to gather information on a players alignment? Yes, it's the same answer, just worded differently.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
asking too many questions=/=trying to find out someone's alignment
it's funny how i could just roleclaim and get out of this

#HBC | Gorf

It's funny how you won't, and if you do, you'll be considered an asset to scum by me, and I'll get my town to lynch you. Now so funny now, huh?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Sorry for the fast post but I did not want that happening. Good god. @_@

Gordy, quit twisting his words. You should know that is not helpful.

Smash, grrr aggravation. They were only just asking you questions to get a feel. Seriously it is exactly as they said it was and didn't seem too out of place to me. Here ask me any and all questions you have and I will try and answer them.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
I am spamming questions?! Holy mother of god.

I just want some effort put into the questions posed to you by other members of this game, myself included. You still continue to dodge our questions and now, instead of asking more questions, try to cast suspicion on me and swiss for legitimate scum hunting?!

Oh, and btw, you did not answer the first question, barely answered the second and did not even have an opinion on the third. Not what I would consider putting effort into answering the questions.

Basically you dont like it that we are quizzing you about your alignment? Scumtell.

i'm the one being asked all the questions, not the one asking them
#s 45, 78, 80, 94, 145, 149,

granted most are noob questions, but at that point you had been posed questions regarding certain scenarios and you continued to ignore them while posting these questions.

Unvote
Vote SmashMachine

I still think there may be a connection between Gheb and Smash, but smash has been looking terrible this whole game.

I have not forgotten about seph or UTD, but they might have to wait till toMorrow

Hydra is an account that is shared by two different players (Smargaret and I are sharing this one)

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
ninjad by gord.

First of all, if you claim right now that does not prove anything tbh.

Second of all, if you did claim you would be an asset to scum and would be lynched anyways.

#HBC | Gorf

@th3

Are you a moron, or are you just confused by the speed of A GAME THAT DOESN'T EXIST? We're not lynching any time soon. You can still easily talk to Zac and Seph toDay. And hell, if you don't I'm calling you out for it.

th3 said:
Basically you dont like it that we are quizzing you about your alignment? Scumtell.
Nah. Noobtell.

#HBC | Gorf

J said:
Since when did Cello get a name change? :awesome:

Your town? Really?
'Course dude. My town will realize how much of an asset smash is to scum, and will be willing to use one of our mislynches on him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Cello, could you put your vote on th3smarg?

I promise I will give reasons, but if you do I will put my vote on whomever you want when you want.

#HBC | Gorf

J said:
Gordy, quit twisting his words. You should know that is not helpful.
Thanks for reminding me.

Smash said:
asking too many questions=/=trying to find out someone's alignment
Why ask a question then? Why try to find such indisputable scum tells? That's what Swiss was doing. Putting his theoretical fishing pole out and hoping a 20 lb smash would bite. But too bad a Gheb did instead.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Amusing, but if you're really trying to act like me, you should be browbeating him until you hear his self-esteem shatter and is willing to vote for whoever you want just to get you to shut up.

Gordito said:
Cello, you do what J says, and I'll decapitate Admiral.
Unvote Vote th3smarg

#HBC | Gorf

HAHAHAHA! You think I ACTUALLY wanna play like you. Talk to Swiss for maybe two minutes about my opinion on your play and reconsider that "acting like me" proposal.

Oh. And for that vote...

And I painted him to add humiliation.

I win.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Amusing, but if you're really trying to act like me, you should be browbeating him until you hear his self-esteem shatter and is willing to vote for whoever you want just to get you to shut up.

Unvote Vote th3smarg
Thank you for trusting me.

You continue to be vague concerning a subject people have called you out on numerous times. Could you actually make an effort to address the questions posed to you instead of one line answers?
Seems a bit harsh towards a n00b.

And wait a second...Did you just shift the suspicion on me and swiss for calling you out on your relationship with Gheb?!

before **** hits the fan, is there any other reason you find me and swiss scummy?
Why the such...defensive...appalling...tone? This post just screams weird.

I am spamming questions?! Holy mother of god.

I just want some effort put into the questions posed to you by other members of this game, myself included. You still continue to dodge our questions and now, instead of asking more questions, try to cast suspicion on me and swiss for legitimate scum hunting?!

Oh, and btw, you did not answer the first question, barely answered the second and did not even have an opinion on the third. Not what I would consider putting effort into answering the questions.

#s 45, 78, 80, 94, 145, 149,

granted most are noob questions, but at that point you had been posed questions regarding certain scenarios and you continued to ignore them while posting these questions.

Unvote
Vote SmashMachine

I still think there may be a connection between Gheb and Smash, but smash has been looking terrible this whole game.

I have not forgotten about seph or UTD, but they might have to wait till toMorrow

Hydra is an account that is shared by two different players (Smargaret and I are sharing this one)
I, in particular, dislike this post alot. Why are you saying that we should end the day with a Smash Machine lynch RIGHT after he just almost role-claimed? Also you seem extremely worried that SmashMachine said that you were looking scummy. This post is EXTREMELY defensive as to him just saying that you found you suspicious for asking alot of questions. Also let us look at the line in bold. You seem completely appalled by the idea that he is calling you scummy for asking questions where you say "YOU DARE QUESTION US?! Look at the stuff we have been doing. Scum-hunting! Yea we are doing scum-hunting look at us." You also keep saying "i've not forgotten about you Seph/UTD." Why the heck are you pressuring inactives so dag on early in the game? Your vote is a combination of OMGUS and bandwagoning for with me on my pressure vote on SM.

ninjad by gord.

First of all, if you claim right now that does not prove anything tbh.

Second of all, if you did claim you would be an asset to scum and would be lynched anyways.
Reiterating something Gord had JUST said and you even said that you got ninja'd by him meaning you read his post where he said this. Seriously why the need to say this again?

Unvote
Vote: th3smarginator
Any reasoning behind that J?
Why you worried? I just put a vote on you ^_^

@th3

Are you a moron, or are you just confused by the speed of A GAME THAT DOESN'T EXIST? We're not lynching any time soon. You can still easily talk to Zac and Seph toDay. And hell, if you don't I'm calling you out for it.

Nah. Noobtell.
Sorry I am gonna have to agree with Gordy. That was just not smart...I'm getting a n00btown tell on SM.

Cello is this good enough to keep your vote on him?

People consider SM town from now on please. It's kindof blatantly obvious at this point >_<" How ridiculous.

@SM: You now must do as me and Cello say from now on. K? Vote th3smarg to confirm that you now follow us. If not, there will be consequences.

#HBC | Gorf

Okay. Time to put my biased opinions of both J AND Cello aside...

It's... not that bad of a case.

J said:
People consider SM town from now on please. It's kindof blatantly obvious at this point >_<" How ridiculous.
Pfft.

Th3, who's been making the majority of the posts? If this question is not answered by AT THE VERY LATEST the time I wake up, I'll assume the option that will put my vote on you.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
Seems a bit harsh towards a n00b.
We're not being overly harsh. We considered the possibility that smash just didn't see the questions first time around and then when he gave his scummy response, that prompted the vote

I, in particular, dislike this post alot. Why are you saying that we should end the day with a Smash Machine lynch RIGHT after he just almost role-claimed? Also you seem extremely worried that SmashMachine said that you were looking scummy. This post is EXTREMELY defensive as to him just saying that you found you suspicious for asking alot of questions. Also let us look at the line in bold. You seem completely appalled by the idea that he is calling you scummy for asking questions where you say "YOU DARE QUESTION US?! Look at the stuff we have been doing. Scum-hunting! Yea we are doing scum-hunting look at us." You also keep saying "i've not forgotten about you Seph/UTD." Why the heck are you pressuring inactives so dag on early in the game? Your vote is a combination of OMGUS and bandwagoning for with me on my pressure vote on SM.
That was definitely the wrong usage of OMGUS

I never said "how dare you question us," that's cello's job ;) also, if we don't pressure inactives now, when should we? In lylo when nobody has a good read on them?

Reiterating something Gord had JUST said and you even said that you got ninja'd by him meaning you read his post where he said this. Seriously why the need to say this again?
The ninja was for my comment about SM not wanting to be quizzed, not about what gord said in the post directly previous.

Why you worried? I just put a vote on you ^_^
Not worried, just curious because generally people include reasons for voting. And then to come back and say "Cello, wagon with me" and not give a reason? Yeah, that's going to provoke a second post.

Explain to me how this is blatantly obvious again?

@SM: You now must do as me and Cello say from now on. K? Vote th3smarg to confirm that you now follow us. If not, there will be consequences.
And now you are going to threaten the person you have been defending?

@Gboy, I (kuz) am doing the posting, but smarg and I are discussing each post.

Top Bottom