• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
When I saw Mayling AND McFox were the ones investigated....I cried. They were obv town by far. (especially Mayling)

I would have investigated Swiss 100x after D1 and played too. *staaaaare at X1* Oh wellz it's all my own fault though ^^.

th3smarg - haha PAYBACK HOW DOES IT FEEL th3kuz :3c. Kidding I legitely thought your play was questionable and it was. Sorry for tunneling you a bit buuuuut thought it was needed and would I call you on it again? Probably

Swiss - Grrrr, stfu. <3

Mayling - You played a great game here! Sad to see that you died on D2 =/ Also kindof ironic both you and McFox died on the same night. :3c

McFox - You played well :o Good game

Kat - Man you played really well near the end but you decided to take the wrong path at the end and Swiss gotcha again.

Cello - You being scum is not a pretty sight ;_;

Gheb - faking that restriction was awesome! Wasn't expecting that and sadly to admit I thought you were town just based off of that. *siiiigh* I should know better.

Gboy - lol lrn2crumbbetter <3 Hilarious tho.

UTD - D: Why the lie bro? Well you played decent considering you were under fire from the mafia since D1. ^^" I wanna play with ya again sometime.

Good game you all and it was fun to keep reading!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also UTD, the fake restriction, while possibly making the game more "interesting" for you, was a huge mistake. It made you look really bad, and REALLY hurt your faction. And it gave Swiss (who was OBVSCUM) a reason to tunnel on you for the entire game and get away with it.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, McFox I get the feeling you'll think I'm scum a lot. Mainly because I actually start almost every game in this way, tunnelling a player that doesn't know me and using that for reads. I was full of ****, but I lie just as much when I'm town. So meh.

Alsololgetowned.

:p

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also, McFox I get the feeling you'll think I'm scum a lot. Mainly because I actually start almost every game in this way, tunnelling a player that doesn't know me and using that for reads. I was full of ****, but I lie just as much when I'm town. So meh.

Alsololgetowned.

:p
That would rely on meta of you, which I was not. You were clearly scum. I would absolutely not have let you survive another day.

Swiss

Smash Lord
That would rely on meta of you, which I was not. You were clearly scum. I would absolutely not have let you survive another day.
I meant your scum read, to me, came from actions that are actually null and you misconstrued them, in fact what you pinned me as scum on Kat cleared me on - and trust me when I say that kid is good at reading me.

I mean gratz for pinning me still, 'cuz I WAS scum.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Apparently not.
His track record speaks otherwise. Generally the only townie to read me as scum.

Also, if you were that convinced, you should have pushed my lynch harder. Literally :awesome:.

I don't mean to sound rude, you were correct to pin me. I just think what you pinned me off is null, as I do it almost every game - a fact you didn't know.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mayling and Kat had you Gheb, but I would not have joined them in your lynch before Swiss.

The only reason I hesitated Swiss is because I'm pretty much never right. But I felt this one in my bones. But whatev. GG.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's what I was here for :bee:

:059:
I think that's what was inherently wrong with this game. The mafia booky essentially turned the other scummates into jesters, with benefits. Town got punished for lynching scum if scum simply chose themselves. All the scum had to do was scroll into the game and prance around going "me scum me scum." I still had fun this game, and this is simply my critique on the role. I understand town had PRs to try and balance this out, and I'm sure the game might be different if our jailkeeper didn't die n1, or if the other townies didn't try to play games themselves and tried to prove themselves as well.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I think I've developed a small dislike for the bookie role now because it can create situations where scum are rewarded for acting scummy and Town are punished for finding scum, as we saw from D2, and I find those concepts slightly weird. Imo it's a very momentum-based role that can do evil evil things for a game of this size with good reads to boot (unless it's lynched... with acid and fire and poked with a cattle prod... but Swiss is immortal.... like some possessed ragdoll that gets beat to death but never seems to tear... evahhhhh :mad:)

I loved Delvro's Katville Speech. Katville is now officially endorsed!

Two Pichus One Pic

Smash Rookie
I liked the role Mafia Bookie, but I think if I ever used that role, you wouldn't be allowed to target your scummates. Town should not be punished too harshly for lynching scum =(

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't think the bookie role was that pro-scum. With the exception of at LYLO Lynching 1 scum for 2 town kills isn't that great a deal, and town did have a lot to counterbalance it. Masons who were confirmed town to each other, a confirmed sane cop, jailer etc etc. The jailer also was more likely to stop scum PRs than town ones because neither the Masons or the BP would be affected by the roleblock

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Swiss: Didn't expect it to be that easy to cover your tracks. We both played our roles accordingly - me, making myself the main subject in the eye of the public while you picked the town apart from behind the scenes with your reads and your power. When we tried to play it the other way round in BioWare it didn't work so well [but this game also didn't have an EE to win the game for town].

Kat: Don't get your hopes up, son. Getting me lynched LEGIT will take you more than that ... a LOT more :bee:
Well played though. No way for you to know that you were being tricked.

Smash / UTD: Be more active. Your roles require active and vocal play to draw attention
away from the townie PRs.

Mayling / McFox: Even death can not keep you apart from each other. What a couple ^^

Gordo: Be more careful with your breadcrumbs! You've virtually told us that you are the jailer in public. That's not how it works. Being able to kill you right off the bat knowing you were essentially the Doc of this game helped us a GREAT deal to win this game.

:059:
Hey, what about me? World's coolest JOAT?

Also... that bookie role is... wow just wow. I could see it in a small, but it breaks first rule of balanced games, can scum win with less then 3 mislynches?

Seriously, horrible role.

Top Bottom