• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Delvro with dat pseudo-hunting.

And Kat obviously isn't scum. Uncounterclaimed mason, remember? Delvro, you are obviously not reading this game at all. Otherwise you would have known that I don't actually think of Kat as scum. But apparently you notice the dumbest null-tells and build a "case" on it. Selective hunting much? You only see what you want to see.

:059:

Delvro

Smash Ace
I think you're the play is between you [Swiss] and Kataefi. I just realized that Kat stressing the existence of an indy faction [which is pretty baseless] is actually only useful for himself to keep himself a last resort option in case of a mislynch.

Coupled with the fact that you pushed her lynch nearly THE ENTIRE DAY YESTERDAY, I'd say that you're justlying through your teeth. If you "obviously don't think of Kat as scum", why on earth did you just say this quote? Seriously, come on. This is a clear reversal of your stance.

And if you're going to attempt to brush off my case by calling it a null-tell (how anyone can reliably point out null-tells on THEMSELVES is beyond me), then you'd better first explain each and every accusation first. You can't just throw your hands up and shout "null tell!" and expect that to be a defense.

And finally, if you want even a chance of me getting off of your case today, you're going to have to convince me that Swiss is scum, because right now I doubt it reasonably strongly. And that means Gheb/Dark Horse.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Delv, as for your vote, is it anything to do with me, or is it because of smash?

Gehb, you're contradicting your self about kat. In your 1151, you say that kat is scum trying to stretch the existence of an indy faction, yet in your 1161 you say kat is "obviously not scum". Oh, and you think your scum >_>

Swiss

Smash Lord
Kat is a guy FYI. A strange, twisted, evil guy.

DH, the vote on you was a 'trap' for scum to try and quickhammer. Am I to take it that you think Gheb is scum?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I dunno, judging from delv's interactions with smash, he may genuinley think i'm scum

I'm getting this rising suspicion for him...

FoS: Gheb

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
No.

Delv's interactions with smash is one thing, why I think gheb is scummy is another.

Not related in any way.

And me and smash are different people. I haven't been attacked by delv due to say " I will not vote anyone yet" .

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Three...as I suspected, this is perfect scenario for mafia to alpha strike. The only reason i'm not voting gheb is because that could end the day very early if he is town.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
vote: Gheb

It's Gheb/Swiss imo.

Also I'm finding it really difficult to post because it's so busy over here!

I actually envisioned this game to be quick and painless - imo Gheb you are so overdue. #1137 is quite something to me but then this game doesn't need me to keep pointing out tells after tells in order to get you lynched. FWIW the manner in which you hammered, after a) I hadn't responded to any questions thrown at me and b) I asked you questions I wanted answers from, your speaking on behalf of Town to secure that quicklynch on UTD because you thought everything in the Day had been discussed just makes me wish I was some infinite-shot vig. In your own words that action in and of itself strikes me as opportunistic, but I'd prefer the word desperate :chuckle: /nasty

@Me stressing indies: I actually accounted for (numerous times already) the possibilites of a vig, a secondary indy killer, or scum crazily having 2 NKs... I'm not magnifying an indy over the vig, just that it's a possibility, considering the vig's actions have been questionable (shooting one of Mcfox/May and not shooting you N3 for example)... also your playful suspicions on me are uncalled for at a time like this... that doesn't show urgency to me, it's like you want to get yourself killed or something...

^I striked some of that because I wanted to get my answers in regardless of if you were joking or not =D

@Delvro: You should move to Katville too :awesome: Also I believe alphastrikes don't always work considering timezones. That would have been 4:50am for Gheb when you test-voted so I very much doubt Gheb could have coordinated an alphastrike with his buddy unless they had insomnia or sat in front of the computer screen inside a big bubbling bathtub of black coffee (why is this thought not surprising me?)...

Me and May devised a crazy plan that sorta wouldn't work because it requires cooperation from the victim, but if Town majority would agree on a lynch on Gheb, we could instead encourage him to break his post restriction and get him modkilled. Him as scum would give us a second lynch. Thus we could potentially take out 2 scum in one Day. This begs the question "why would scum help Town?" and it's true... this crackpot plan wouldn't work... :mad: which makes me mad...

Anyway I'm getting all chatty now :chuckle:... I believe scum to be Gheb/Swiss. I started suspecting Swiss the moment he hopped on the Cello wagon in what I described to May in our QT as an identical reflection of what he did to THe-man in Halo (where he was, unsurprisingly, scum). In addition on D1, Gheb immediately hones in on Swiss which I thought was unreasonable and an overreaction, and it struck me as an odd thought at this time. Gheb's transition from Swiss to Gord whilst using the excuse that my reasoning on Gord lined up with his imo is telling because I can't see how my reasoning lined with his at all, so it looked like an attempt to direct more attention to Gord and his cue to stop busing Swiss and move on. Also partly because I expect that somewhere in Gheb's strategies, busing very early on is one of them.

Swiss-specific things: RVS can be telling - Swiss' forceful nature on Smashmachine is unnatural to me. I can't quote it but I mentioned in our QT that Swiss wanted to pressure Smashmachine in this respect but what weird pressure... why would you continuously question a newbie about a joke they wouldn't have got as legit pressure? This is fake pressure to me and a means in which Swiss wanted to break into the game as scum... fast-forward to D2 and this is when Swiss starts to get more playful and far less helpful, something I hold against him (and incl. the hop on the cello wagon for no reasons other than to blend well with the Town (cite: Halo mafia)). D3 and the case on UTD: notice he says he WOULD lynch gheb, but would prefer UTD (#1048), he's treading carefully here, but then when an opportunity for attention on UTD arises he quickly gets excited (#1091)... why would you make a case on him "as well"? It's like you were going for the double whammy on UTD here to ensure he would die over anyone else - I find this to be scummy because it's almost as if you knew Gheb COULD die so wanted credit on his lynch by playing it safe, yet wanted to prolong Gheb's death by really pushing for UTD. If you were that passionate about his lynch you'd have been more clearcut. This in conjunction with your case on UTD (which looks slapped together as if you wanted any excuse to kill him (i.e. points applicable to more than one player in the game)) supports this!

Finally Gheb/Swiss interaction at the start of D3 and D4 is them playfully outing interacting with themselves. I say kill them kill them =D

^Those are my views atm. I had this crazy theory about smashmachine that I'll reveal at the end of the game otherwise this post might get a bit longer than I intended but I thought he was Sam Vimes... I'm so disappointed to find out otherwise =( I don't feel as if he's scum though but he could be...

@Delvro: let's kill Gheb!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Gheb is scum to me. There's no 2 ways about this. I'm voting because I feel confident in this lynch and he's been discussed to death.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Kat, calling Swiss scum? How times change.

Well, we can lynch Gheb toDay and I'll make an unnecessarily long and arduous post about why you're wrong.

Also, for me to have scum against you this game as well would make it what, 6 games in a row?

Gawd. That'd be ridiculous.

Vote Gheb

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Actually, let's just forget about these stupid spoilers. No need to continue this charade.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Vote: Gheb

Considering that he's been considered scum ever since D2, and he didn't even try to defend himself from me, i've decided that he is definitely scum.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
FWIW Gheb... and Swiss... whatever this means... you haven't heard my claim. I'm not the mason partner.

X1-12

Smash Champion
D4 Final Votecount

Gheb (3) Kataefi, Swiss, Gheb

Not Voting (2) Delvro, Dark Horse

Gheb (Johnathon Teatime, Mafia Goon) has been Lynched!

Night 4 Begins, actions in by 3PM on 29th (GMT)

Don't post at Night

X1-12

Smash Champion

Kataefi (Nobby Nobbs, Town Closed Mason) has died

Delvro (The Bursar, Vanilla Townie) has died

Dark Horse (Lord Vetinari, Town 1 Shot Bulletproof) has been Endgamed!

Swiss (Carcer Dun, Mafia Bookie) Survives!

Mafia Win!

X1-12

Smash Champion
From the Bookie Role PM

Place Bet: You love mad schemes to kill as many people as you can in cruel ways. Once per night you may send may place a bet on who will be lynched the next day. If that player is lynched, you gain an extra Night Kill the night phase after their death. The extra night kill you earn cannot be carried over and can only be used the phase after a correctly guessed lynch. You can use this ability by sending me a PM with the command "Place Bet: Player Name"

Second Night Kill: If your Place Bet ability succeeded the previous Day, you may send me a second Night Kill. You do this by sending me a PM with the command Bookie Kill: Player Name

Swiss

Smash Lord
So scum bussed Gheb and got the extra kill? Clever. Very clever.

Ugh, this is the kind of ridiculously pro scum win that I'M meant to pull off. It has 'Swiss' written all over it.

FUUUUUUU Scum.

Top Bottom