• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Vote: Gheb

Can't read your posts on my iphone. Annoying. Die.

Also...

STOP TALKING ABOUT DND MAFIA IN THIS THREAD. IT IS STILL ONGOING.

Honestly, how hard is it to not ****ing talk about an ongoing game, especially one that you are currently a part of (kuzinator), and one that specifically continues to prevent you from talking about it even after you die (J).

I honestly want an answer to why this is so difficult for both of you. If you don't cut it out I will be more than happy to policy lynch both of you before even worrying about looking for scum.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Moar Gheb votes. Six hour lynch. Let's do this.

@Kat: SephMasa is town because he was scum.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I haven't been able to read a single thing Gheb has said. Can I appoint someone to quote everything Gheb says right after he says it but minus the spoiler tags? It has to be when he says it, otherwise I'll end up reading it out of context with anything else that was going on.

I appoint kuzinator. Retroactively do that to all his previous posts, and then continue to do so. Or I will get you lynched.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
Sorry its against my morals to follow the rules.

But not joke, my bad ill stop being silly.

Oh right you wanted me to quote something gheb said amiright?

Gheb_01 said:
Wow I really hope McFox does not start *****ing about my spoiler tags, that would be pretty lame
I hear you buddy.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I officially love X1.

To chime in on the Swiss issue with attacking the noob? I can't see that as a scum slip. I mean, come on. He's testing the waters, feeling him out. And as far as th3's whole "N0 guilty" thing that smash got butthurt over... So what? I'd probz think it was stupid as well. But when I saw that Swiss, with COMPLETE knowledge of the joke, was interrogating smash about it? I KNEW it was him trying to get a feel of smash. I don't think that town gave smash enough of an opportunity to truly be felt out.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can say my character but I won't do it now or any other time toDay.

Gheb clarify, you are not defending Smash, but attacking me. Why? What have you got against D1 pressure? Why do you assume he will come out of said pressure poorly (thus meaning what I am doing is bad)?
You're missing my point. It's not what I assume him to do - it's what I assume what scum would do. One thing I can see scum doing is trying to nudge the newer players early in the game. If people don't follow you can always pull the "it was just RVS and I wanted to get a read on him"-card. If people do follow then you get an opportunity to get rid of a townie with little consequences. Since he's the newest player it shouldn't be too hard for you to paint him in a bad light.

It's one of those scenario's that is win/win for scum to play and I strongly believe that you were trying to set up said scenario with smashmashine.

Prove this.
You can't prove something that is not. I'm clearly complaining about a negative; in this case the absence of your logic. You can prove the existence or presence of something but not the opposite of it.

@Gheb: are you posting in spoilers because the smallcap option isn't available btw?
I don't even know what the smallcap option is.

#86: I'm interested in why you felt Swiss was "blatantly misleading" the whole Town so early in the game. I actually felt this was a bit of a sweeping thing to say so I want to hear your insight.
I don't see how there's still a question about it? It's a sweeping statement, OK. But it's not like the logic behind it is fairly easy to see. The post you referring to already contains the answer. I'm pretty sure you would know by now.

To chime in on the Swiss issue with attacking the noob? I can't see that as a scum slip. I mean, come on. He's testing the waters, feeling him out. And as far as th3's whole "N0 guilty" thing that smash got butthurt over... So what? I'd probz think it was stupid as well. But when I saw that Swiss, with COMPLETE knowledge of the joke, was interrogating smash about it? I KNEW it was him trying to get a feel of smash. I don't think that town gave smash enough of an opportunity to truly be felt out.
Well, that's exactly the cop-out a scumbag would use in Swiss' position. There are obviously better ways to get a "feeling" on a new player than to shamelessly make a fool of him based on some inside-joke. Do you earnestly think that he would get a worthwhile answer to a point that is a complete joke? That he doesn't even understand what the joke is? Hell, that he is even supposed to know it's a joke? No, it looks more like an attempt to discredit him right away and to keep himself a door open in case he needs an easy mislynch.

:059:

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
Unvote
Vote: Sephiroths

You need to stop fluffposting and post something related to the game. What do you think about Cello/smash machine?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Why the minor FoS? Trying to be subtle about it?

There's NO reason to distinguish between the minor and the normal.

@Gheb

NOBODY would mislynch smash for that. If Swiss went after that lynch with honest intentions, then I'd call him out like crazy. Pressure's the best way to get a feel on a noob's alignment imo. It wasn't making a fool out of em. If me and Swiss were the only ones in Oddworld and I pulled that joke, then Swiss did what he did, I'd wait for smash's response. If Swiss went for a mislynch, I'd stop it immediately and go alongside you for the Swiss lynch.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
partly to see his reaction, especially with the "minor" part
why did you suddenly vote for sephiroths

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
Because he's fluffposting - and only fluffposting - when there is legitimate game-related stuff to talk about.

So part of it was a pressure fos. What was the other part?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb

NOBODY would mislynch smash for that.
That's not what I meant. I was talking about how Swiss was trying to get smash into a stupid argument based on his nudges and jokes to which smashmashine might've not reacted accordingly. SM might've given an answer that looks unacceptable to many people here or awkward enough for them to find it suspect. That's what I mean when I say "painting somebody in a bad light".

I know nobody would lynch smash for that - but there's a solid chance that people would've wanted to lynch him based on the [unfavorable] exchanges afterwards. There's no town-aligned reason for Swiss to set-up up such a scenario and I'm surprised that Cello did not just fail to see it but actually got behind it.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
That's not what I meant. I was talking about how Swiss was trying to get smash into a stupid argument based on his nudges and jokes to which smashmashine might've not reacted accordingly. SM might've given an answer that looks unacceptable to many people here or awkward enough for them to find it suspect. That's what I mean when I say "painting somebody in a bad light".

I know nobody would lynch smash for that - but there's a solid chance that people would've wanted to lynch him based on the [unfavorable] exchanges afterwards. There's no town-aligned reason for Swiss to set-up up such a scenario and I'm surprised that Cello did not just fail to see it but actually got behind it.
per request

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Edit the first post and "Go Advanced"

Less talking, more Gheb voting.

Although apparently he's talking about Swiss?

Whatevs

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J: Dahlia scares me. "I always approach each game differently", are you talking about playstyle terms here? Or simply just thoughts and 'tactics'? Why is there a need to approach each game differently? Are you adopting different tactics in this particular game? If so, why? Also... hai :D

Vote: J
D: Dahlia is wonderful <3. Playstyle terms really. If you wanna see different stuff look at All-Star and FF7. Best examples there of two different styles completely. It also has a bit to do with how I think. The need to approach each game differently is because I seem to keep on doing horribly each game hence why I die by N3 everytime I play ;_;. This game I am just gonna try and play to play. Hiiiii right back atcha.

You even got me a present! How nice.

@J, How about deep sky blue?
Sounds good to me if that is what you request.

Honestly, how hard is it to not ****ing talk about an ongoing game, especially one that you are currently a part of (kuzinator), and one that specifically continues to prevent you from talking about it even after you die (J).

I honestly want an answer to why this is so difficult for both of you. If you don't cut it out I will be more than happy to policy lynch both of you before even worrying about looking for scum.
I'm so sorry Mayling/McFox ;_; I will be more careful beforehand.

@Mod: Your hilarious xD

Hmm who should get a vote who hasn't yet already received one...

Unvote
Vote: Mayling

Your ava/name is awesome =o

Swiss

Smash Lord
Seriously, where do you GET these clips? iminthecloset.com :awesome:?

I heart you really.

@Swisscheese: Are you relieved that Chuckie isn't in the game? :chuckle: Don't be. Scum deserve to die so I'll 'tunnel' the scums as you kindly put it =D It's why "wii" went after you in a gazillion different games. Also, when you started this game did you feel inclined to speak with an accent? Atm I feel you're appearing over-alert to me - I can see where your line of thought is trailing, what are your current thoughts on Gheb/T3S? Why did you assume Gord could read Smarg well at a time when Smarg announced a V/LA? (though admittedly I haven't checked when this started).
Why do you always reek of ulterior motives? That's my territory :glare:

No accent this game, not even a twitch. Well maybe a bit. I'll decide later.

What do you think? Gheb's playing like scum a knob and T3S is mad observant considering Kuz is meant to be new. I think anyway, I forget what happened earlier.

I swear if you start asking me questions like (bolded) this all game again I WILL get you nightkilled lynched :mad: Gord will be able to read Smar, so I asked when he'd have an alignment ready. I never assumed or even bothered considering Smar was V/LA - it wasn't relevant to the question, although could have been to the answer.

Why do I always feel it's appropriate to use emoticons when talking to you?

Comment on the recent exchanges between the key players. Are there any players attempting to avoid this?

T3S, which of you have made which posts? Which voted Seph?

Smashmachine what do you think of Gheb? Would you vote Seph? Why or why not?

Gord you should hold my hand. We can play side by side (ish) if needed.

Gheb in response to your posts - you have outlined why what I did could be useful for Swissscum, you fail to consider that Swissscum would prefer a juicy town mislynch as opposed to a nub mislynch. Why did you not wait to see what my goals were? If scum, you'd have nailed me a perfectly executed trap. If town, you have destroyed useful reads.

Also, it was precisely because Smash did not know the N0 result was a joke that it became useful, you missed this?

You also fail to consider any possible pro town implications of my post, especially amusing considering my #84 where I clearly show a 'omg i play u' card that I used and explained after use. Why jump to the assumption this next move I made would damage town, highlight why this could not benefit town.

Vote Gheb

Rootin' tootin'

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote

I'll unvote for now but can I have more of a reason from you as to why to vote for him? Not declining your hand but I just need a better reason at the current time.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote

I'll unvote for now but can I have more of a reason from you as to why to vote for him? Not declining your hand but I just need a better reason at the current time.
I fix'd the color for UTD. Sorry about that x_x"

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why'd you vote me? I thought we were friends. More importantly I thought we were out of rvs.

Top Bottom