• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Swiss said:
Nah I don't know him IRL. I was being serious and trollish at the same time, clever, no?

He's so scummy it actually hurts me.
1) No, no it wasn't.

2) That's how I feel about you.

Cello I see you looking at the topic. If you don't post SOMETHING besides "avoiding prod" (or any variation of that phrase or any other phrase wherein you avoid the prod without adding anything to the game) (this proclamation is subject to my own interpretation vis-a-vis "useful" content of any post you make), then I am pushing for your lynch. Didn't we discuss you using this tactic in some different game? Didn't you use it to win in Left 4 Scum (the answer is yes you did, you had 36 out of 1,159 replies in that topic)?

I'm not going to let you get away with it again. :mad088:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@mod: So, is J getting replaced? His role's been sitting there for days with no one to play it.
Hi there.
Are you serious? Really? Really?
Skim harder. <-- Always wanted to say that.

Nabe, please explain how you found it out :awesome:
The same way everyone else should've? Smash made a request in blue, UTD said "really?" the same way he did with J, then Smash said "no not really" and we haven't heard anything since. Then it occurred to me that UTD was the one to suggest the colour. You know, since I read my replacement's posts. (McFox oh gosh)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
1) WTF @ Smash figuring out the DeekSkyBlue crap. HOWHKJSDFHKURE!?
2) WTF @ Smash not saying "yes I really want you to unvote"
3) WTF @ Nabe also figuring it out.
4) WTF @ My wagon.
5) I'll take questions now.

I could say I have mod-confirmed information that there is a scum player that has a voting/command restriction, if that helps.
Are you serious!?

Come on guys think about it....... why on earth would I tell someone about the DeepSkyBlue color restriction and have them control my votes?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why would you do that?? XD Because otherwise you coulda just kept quiet and no one would do anything.

Mcfox, nabe replaced J... >.> :awesome: derp

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's only one thing I can think of of why UTD would do that, but I ain't gonna say it

Swiss

Smash Lord
1) WTF @ Smash figuring out the DeekSkyBlue crap. HOWHKJSDFHKURE!?
2) WTF @ Smash not saying "yes I really want you to unvote"
3) WTF @ Nabe also figuring it out.
4) WTF @ My wagon.

Are you serious!?
Why did you ask me if I were serious, as opposed to "Why are you lying?" which would have been the more approriate question, if town you'd KNOW I was lying.

BOOOOOOOOOOOM

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Swiss, you already said you were making it up. The "Are you serious!?" was more of a "I can't believe you went there" type statement.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Nabe said:
Hi there.
Are you serious? Really? Really?
Skim harder. <-- Always wanted to say that.
Ah right. I was thrown off because the last vote count that I saw (since I was pulling D1 posts) still had J's name on it. I'd forgotten that you'd replaced into this game too, since you replaced into SOME OTHER GAME THAT I'M AWARE OF.

UTDZac said:
Since your restriction is known, and since it is SO easily manipulated in a mylo/lylo situation, shouldn't you be offering yourself up for the lynch? If we keep you around until mylo/lylo, then we lose. The only reason you wouldn't is if you are scum/indy.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Since your restriction is known, and since it is SO easily manipulated in a mylo/lylo situation, shouldn't you be offering yourself up for the lynch? If we keep you around until mylo/lylo, then we lose. The only reason you wouldn't is if you are scum/indy.
Aye you're correct, but you're missing something and I'll get to that shortly.

There's only one thing I can think of of why UTD would do that, but I ain't gonna say it
Go ahead, I doubt it's the role I have.

Words cannot express how much I don't believe you.
Swiss, me neither...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Cello_Marl said:
And if people don't lynch me when I lurk, that's their problem, not mine. I'd be silly to NOT do it if I can get away with it.
You literally said this yesterday, about a game that is now over. Don't think that I'll let you get away with it. I think we both know better than that. :)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
UTD, I'm not going to say it because you could just be like "derp you're right :awesome:"

I ordered you to vote yourself. Why didn't you?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You really want me to vote myself? I thought you were just throwing stuff out there because of everything that was going on. My bad.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
UTD, the game basically cannot continue until you tell us why you should not be lynched. Because otherwise, we have to lynch you, toDay.

And also, you have to do what people say, but it's up to your own interpretation whether or not direct orders are serious, and thus, whether you have to follow them?

What?

Cello, on a scale of 1-to-Reassuring, that was like a -42.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
UTD, even if I were "throwing stuff out there" why wouldn't you still be ordered to do it, if it were in sky blueeee??? :awesome:

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 2 Votecount! Sorry it took ages I got TimeZoned

UTDZac (5) Nabe, Mayling, Swiss, Cello_Marl, UTDZac
Cello_Marl (2) Kataefi, smashmachine
Nabe (1) Delvro
Delvro (1) McFox

Not Voting (1) Gheb

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is Dec 15th

@mod: So, is J getting replaced? His role's been sitting there for days with no one to play it.
Nabe replaced J - I'll update the OP
I have to say, enjoying this a lot.

@mod: p.s. X1, this game is awesome, 10/10 would sub again

Vote count please.
:DDDDDD

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If that's true, and assuming we want him to lose as indy rather than just helping him get his win condition and asking for his help in return, then nobody can order him to do anything on D3 (assuming he doesn't die today). Although if I were indy, and there were townies who said "Hey, we'll help you win if you help us win," I'd probably be inclined to help.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Srsly, what if he has to fulfil a certain number of orders per day or summat?

Dnt fink we shud b jip jokin wiv his role.
I think this is untrue, because I think he would have pushed harder during d1. He seems like a simple kinda guy.
Btw don't give him ideas, yo. :(

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Unvote

Vote: UTDZac

Err ok.

I'm just got super busy at work so I'll make this quick:

This is the 6th game of mafia I've played. I've only ever been Vanilla Townie or Doctor roles. I wasn't excited to hear I had VT again for this game, but meh I went with it. Then halfway through Day 1 I thought I could make the game more exciting/fun-to-play for myself if I create some sort of role, one that fit my character.

As the Librarian (and a monkey) if someone asked me to get a book in exchange for a delicious banana, I would comply and do it. So I thought a fitting role would be to have a voting manipulation type thing. I related it to the color because it fit nicely with how J already asked me to change his text color for this game.

In one sense I've distracted town for the beginning of Day 2, but at the same time I've also drawn a lot of attention... making it easier to find scum slips and what not.

See Mayling, told you it wasn't what you were thinking... though I'm still curious what else it could be.

Top Bottom