• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Gheb, UTD's restriction is that under certain conditions, he has to do what people say.
Smash pointed it out, take a look.
i'm just hopelessly in a void? what?
UTD, while you're here can you unvote swiss?
let's see how this goes...
@Smash, really?
It's the coloured text.

Check out these lines from UTD:
Vote: J

Still with that pink color I see can't see =(

Guess we'll have to do something about that.
@J, How about deep sky blue?
He suggested the colour that J used up until I replaced him. When I joined and wasn't speaking in colour, he didn't listen to my commands.

Now, check out this one as well:
Is the spoiler tag a requirement? If not, would you mind not doing it. I can't read spoiler text from my iPhone.
He's eager. He wants people to control his actions, as many people as possible.

UTD, are you something like an indy who needs to have people control their vote to win? Or you have to get a certain number of people to use blue?

If not, I'm suggesting a UTD lynch. On scum flip, we look at Smash, who somehow picked out UTD's restriction when others didn't see it. On town flip, we look at Gheb, who IMO would be a good balance for this restriction on the scum side of things, because his spoiler tag restriction keeps him from using colours.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff how in the world did smash figure that out
how in the world did NABE figure that out?

smash/nabe/utd scum team, elaborate prank to fool us all, faster faster kill kill

unvote vote utd

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
...except that he did not unvote Swiss when smash asked him to? Unless I'm missing something here; you're saying that smash figured out how to make UTD do whatever he says. And your example is of him... not doing what smash said.

...?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So assuming this is all correct, are we assuming further that there's a scum that can be Vote Manipulated? That doesn't sound like scum to me at all. Indy MAYBE. Mafia no.

(And the first time he asked for clarification, it was because J's instructions were ambiguous. smashmachine was pretty clear, I think.)

Swiss

Smash Lord
So assuming this is all correct, are we assuming further that there's a scum that can be Vote Manipulated? That doesn't sound like scum to me at all. Indy MAYBE. Mafia no.

(And the first time he asked for clarification, it was because J's instructions were ambiguous. smashmachine was pretty clear, I think.)
I could say I have mod-confirmed information that there is a scum player that has a voting/command restriction, if that helps.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
mcfox,

1) why would UTD ask J to specifically type in sky blue in order to command him? No one would type in sky blue unless if they had to.
2) how in the world did SMASH know to type in sky blue? I refuse to believe that smash reread. he'll hardly put the effort into posting much less rereading 22 pages. hell, *I* got bored and i didn't even do a whole reread.
3) Nabe seems more plausible to have caught this; he seems like a smart guy from what I've seen, but the fact he caught it seems a little strange to me. Although I do like his argument that it's possible that UTD is an indy who has to be controlled.

Possible conclusions:

UTD is an indy who must be controlled and during the night he can send one message to someone telling them something. That's the only plausible explanation I can currently think of that SMASH knew about the sky blue thing.

UTD/Nabe/Smash are pulling a really, really elaborate prank as scum.

Furthermore, if UTD didnt' say ANYTHING abotu the skyblue to J, NO ONE WOULD EVER KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIS RESTRICTION. He brought it up himself! Asked J to do it himself! And now a new Day has dawned, and Smash of all people know about the sky blue?

Townie my ***. =/

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I will note that Swiss now definitely believes that claim (ya fun gun figgered it out!), and his first response to what he believes is a role where their vote can be manipulated is Yay! Kill it!

AGH how am I the only person who thinks Swiss is the scummiest player here, BY FAR?

Swiss said:
I could say I have mod-confirmed information that there is a scum player that has a voting/command restriction, if that helps.
I could say it too. ARE you saying it? That would be a vastly different thing.

/grammar

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mayling said:
2) how in the world did SMASH know to type in sky blue? I refuse to believe that smash reread. he'll hardly put the effort into posting much less rereading 22 pages. hell, *I* got bored and i didn't even do a whole reread.
This definitely crossed my mind, but since UTD hadn't posted again after asking "Really?", I'd (erroneously?) assumed that that wasn't it. I guess we'll see whenever he comes back.

Side Note: How is everyone getting extra mod-confirmed information? I don't have any. :(

Swiss

Smash Lord
I will note that Swiss now definitely believes that claim (ya fun gun figgered it out!), and his first response to what he believes is a role where their vote can be manipulated is Yay! Kill it!

AGH how am I the only person who thinks Swiss is the scummiest player here, BY FAR?

I could say it too. ARE you saying it? That would be a vastly different thing.

/grammar

Why would he TRY to get controlled? And like Mayling said how does Smash know? *Shocked face*

And no, I don't actually have this information. But I can pretend I do, if that helps.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I could maybe kind of see UTD + Nabe/Smash, but not UTD/Nabe/Smash. Mafia don't put all their eggs in one basket. I mean prank.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I have to go to class, but I promise I'll think more about this. Definitely an interesting development. I know the connections seem obviious to you Mayling and Swiss, but I'm going to reread UTD before I decide whether I believe this.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
UTD, pls explain how Smash magically knew about Deep Sky Blue :awesome:

Smash, please explain how you magically knew about Deep Sky Blue :awesome:

UTD, pls explain why you pointed it out to J :awesome:

Nabe, please explain how you found it out :awesome:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Kataefi got a list of roles, knew that Fredcolon and Vimes were town, and that Vimes was the cop. It seems like there was something else too, but I can't remember what it was and don't feel like looking for it.

@mod: So, is J getting replaced? His role's been sitting there for days with no one to play it.

Top Bottom