• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
5 PM GMT is 6 PM for me I think. I won't be on at that time because a friend will stay over at my place and we'll play smash all day. 3 hours and then I'm off until after deadline hits. Wondering if people are OK if I hammer like 4 hours before the deadline?

Mad stuff been posted, I'll read through stuff and see if there's anything major to answer left before the hammer is dropped. In either case, Vig feel free to shoot.

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
Restaurant was closed so we had KFC instead! =]

D1 Final Votecount!

th3smarginator (7) GorditoBoy69, Cello_Marl, Swiss, McFox, Delvro, UTDZac, Kataefi
UTDZac (2) th3Smarginator, smashmachine
GorditoBoy69 (3) Gheb, Mayling, Nabe

Not Voting (0)

th3smarginator (Lu Tze, Vanilla Townie) has been lynched!

Send all Night Actions to me by 5PM on 6th December (GMT)

X1-12

Smash Champion

GorditoBoy69 (Rosie Palm, Town Jailkeeper (Prostitute)) has been killed!

Day 2 begins!

No votes have been placed

With 10 alive it takes 6 to Lynch!

Deadline is 15th Dec

The citizens of Ankh-Morpork have woken up to see who has gone, A prostitute found dead in the river Ankh. Who could have committed such a terrible deed? The people realised they had to look within their group to find those with deadly intentions. Each man and woman looked around and saw faces from all walks of life, rich and poor, young and old. How were town meant to know who was the bad guys?

Swiss

Smash Lord
You got lynched yesterDay.

I was reading through the thread and missed THAT? Jesus Swiss.

So who dun wan gun got us anything useful to start off the day with?

I see you Cello. Don't make me wave. Who dem scums?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Swiss, order UTD to do something outlandish (not with his vote).

This was my last idea for how it might work unless I missed something, J was the first person to vote UTD yesterday. I was wondering if it was just tied to that. But the exchange you two (Zac and Swiss) just had implies that the restriction moved to Swiss. So what's up?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
McFox said:
This was my last idea for how it might work unless I missed something, J was the first person to vote UTD yesterday. I was wondering if it was just tied to that. But the exchange you two (Zac and Swiss) just had implies that the restriction moved to Swiss. So what's up?
If this is true, then it really is too dangerous to allow UTD to survive to LyLo. Also, didn't people (i.e. Mayling) tell you not to do this very thing?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I find it wildly unlikely that I'm the only person who checked that. I find it much more likely that the mafia did check that, and made no mention of it to town, because why would they?

Vote: Swiss

Besides, unless Swiss is using some version of the word "literally" which actually means NOT literally, then he just implied that the restriction has been passed to him instead of UTD.

See here for further reading.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, order UTD to do something outlandish (not with his vote).

Wait, what?

Zac, post a picture of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

My use of the word literally was because I couldn't decide who to vote out of him and my beloved Cello. Then Zac went and 'litreally' made my decision for me.

Why is one of myself and Nabe scum, Zac? You just vanished.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Wow. McFox you didn't think to mention that? Why didn't you just SAY that yesterDay and we could have given control to whoever we wanted? No-one would have voted him off the bat. There was no reason for you to keep this quiet. Did you miss me voting Zac all of yeterDay? Why did you think I'd suddenly not vote for him?

Also, I think the fact that he thought myself or Nabe were scum means that it isn't voting, but having the first post which controls the vote.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I was planning to try and vote for him first, that way I could check my theory, and then leave him to his own devices.. But regardless, it's not like we're in mylo/lylo here. It's D2. I would never have let it get to that point without bringing it up.

And that's not what literally means.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If that's true, it makes you look VERY much more scummierer than you already did, considering Nabe had an actual first post, while you quickly threw up a few words, and then followed it up with some kind of actual content. Looks like you were trying to get the first post.

Which is ********, as a simple check reveals that Gheb had the first post of D1, and J didn't post until later. He was, however, the first person to mention UTDZac by his full name (or refer to him at all).

UTD, post a picture of any of the Thundercats except Snarf.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Swiss, I said that statement as a bait to get a response from you, given how much you disliked my play the previous Day.

/notapicture

Swiss

Smash Lord
What did you expect me to do? What did my response tell you?

Why don't you tell us your restriction and get whomever you want to have control, control?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I guess I must be dumb then from not seeing the connection earlier? Like, I might've gotten the idea later over the course of the game but so far I would've been unable to conclude anything from it let alone see that there's something off to begin with.

:059:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The condition isn't controlled by one person; anyone can use it if they know what it is. Scum probably won't figure it out as long as I stop telling town all of these hints. Why are you pushing so hard to know Swiss?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Zac, I was under the impression I already had control *glares at McFox*

But I actually stand by what I said, if you said what we had to do - and nominated someone to have control (assuming one person has to end up with control each day) - that would be more beneficial. Apart from in LyLo - assuming ZacTown. That would lose us the game. So we'd have to kill you before LyLo. Which is fine with me. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I'm completely fine with having UTDZac in Lylo. Just as long as the townies in Lylo are aware of Universal Time Code's restriction.

Also, Swiss is scummy again. So is Smashmachine.

Vote: Swiss

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I said it was my last idea. Now I'm out of them.

And you think it's a BETTER idea for someone to have control over another player, rather than that player having control over themselves? Yeah, that sounds really pro-town.

He just said that they probably won't figure it out, so it must be something more obscure than I was thinking it might be. The reason I had to test if it was the first vote or first person to mention his name is because it is SO easy to figure out that it NEEDED to be tested before the game got too far. But if it's much harder than that, then OBVIOUSLY he needs to keep it a secret and the issue should be dropped.

Or we could kill him! Just to make it clear, you said it was a win-win situation to either

A) have a townie reveal a restriction wherein he can LOSE CONTROL OF HIS VOTE TO ANY PLAYER, or

B) kill the townie.

Are you even listening to yourself?

Top Bottom