• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Well that was certainly unexpected. For your sanity I hope that was fancy dress :chuckle:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm not calling out Cello for "lurking" because I don't think it would completely justified. I'm more OK with him making only 3 posts but with lots of content than other people making more posts without actually saying anything. That's why I can't use the word "lurking" in the same tone as "coasting", which is something I would call a player out for.

:059:
The problem is that Cello hasn't been making posts filled with useful content at all. Where did get this idea? I'm very worried that he's not in the mindset to scumhunt in all honesty. He's not coming across Town to me atm.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Vote: th3whatevernator

Seems to be the only lynch that everyone can agree on (which worries me, but hey scum can be bussing! ANYTHING CAN BE JUSTIFIED!), and he's not doing much (anything) to defend himself.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Lol it's christmas we're all getting carried awaaaaaaay :awesome: And sorry Delvro =( Anyway I'm confused by your recent reasoning to why you think Swiss is suddenly Town. Can you elaborate?

Delvro

Smash Ace
I have no idea who did a personal attack... if it was me I'm sorry =(

I don't know whether or not Swiss is town but his recent posts (last few pages or so) were often the very things I was thinking

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That's how Mayling and I got together!

I'm so happy for you guys. I hope your relationship is lasting and full of love. :)

X1-12

Smash Champion
D1 Votecount!

th3smarginator (4) GorditoBoy69, Cello_Marl, Swiss, McFox
UTDZac (2) th3Smarginator, smashmachine
smashmachine (1) UTDZac
GorditoBoy69 (3) Gheb, Mayling, Nabe

Not Voting (1) Kataefi, Delvro

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Dec 4th! at 5PM GMT (less than 17 hours away)

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
What is there for me to defend?

All of my wagon consists of are the things J hashed out numerous times.

This was the entirety of day1:

Smashmachine asks noob questions
J tunnels me for 7 pages
Kat has a list of names
UTD vaguely character claims
Mayling posts giant filler reads of everyone
McFox posts too many duck pictures

Really eventful, huh?

I have not been jumping in because I felt not need to add to the fluff posts between McFox/Mayling & Delvro and I do

The only 'reason' everyone can agree on my lynch, is because I was the 2nd most vocal player during the first half of the game (and I was on the defensive most of the time). Now that J is not here to tunnel me into oblivion, the scum are unsure of how to best bring up my lynch because J is not here to spearhead it for them.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
EBWOP: I have not been jumping in because I felt no need to add to the fluff posts between McFox/Mayling & Delvro

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
th3smarg, I asked you for a list of your suspicions on everyone AGES AGO. AGEEES. You never gave it. If you want to speak without being on the defensive, why didn't you take that opportunity to do so?

Do it now.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
Are you inferring that you think J is scum?
No. I am saying J played a poor townie move by tunneling me so hard. It gave plenty of 'material' for scum to jump on back when J was still trying to run the show.

Now that he is gone, the scum can't find way to put me in a demonizing light because they have lost their spearhead, J.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Giving a list of all the people you are suspicious of helps scum more than town. Why would you ask for this?
If someone is about to get lynched, then making a list is great for town. i shouldn't have to spell it out for you.

why do you only bring this up now, anyway? i've been asking for the list for a while. -_-

No. I am saying J played a poor townie move by tunneling me so hard. It gave plenty of 'material' for scum to jump on back when J was still trying to run the show.

Now that he is gone, the scum can't find way to put me in a demonizing light because they have lost their spearhead, J.
That or you fell quiet because you weren't so scared, and you're digging yourself the hole because you won't even try to help town out. -_-

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why don't you have to follow people commands anymore, Zac? IF you can't/won't answer, I'm voting you.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If someone is about to get lynched, then making a list is great for town. i shouldn't have to spell it out for you.
Sorry I didn't realize. I didn't know about asking for list = scummy until the last mafia game I played. My bad.

Why don't you have to follow people commands anymore, Zac? IF you can't/won't answer, I'm voting you.
Because neither of you met the conditions.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
X1-12 said:
I WILL Modkill you for repeatedly breaking this rule
Who was this directed toward? Me saying that Delvro reminds me of a frat boy? If so it wasn't meant to be taken into offense, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. It was the best way to describe his tone imo.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
Mayling, right now the suspicions we agree on are you, McFox, and UTDZac (though that's more of a needs to die than a scummy behavior).

The following are my (smarg's) thoughts alone, because it's getting close to deadline. J's case on us is scummy, especially since I don't recall him going after anyone else. Swiss is always scum, but never looks like it (see, I can learn from Halo!). Smash needs to contribute more, and Delvro replaced Seph? I need to reread and see if the duck pictures were justified.

Mayling, you never answered my question about your reread: Why are you making the same argument against Seph/Delvro that made you think we were scum, especially if you still think we're scum enough to vote for?

If you don't do a reread of us in the style of the other ones you posted AND you push our wagon to lynch, I would like Mayling to be seriously considered for tomorrow. There is no reason, given the size of our iso, for her not to be able to get the reread done by deadline.

I can't see people getting behind a Mayling lynch today, which is why we're leaving our vote on UTD instead of switching to her.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Idk if I'm gonna be around for deadline (I got a gig with my band 2mo), so I'm comfortable with where my vote is now.

@Zac, toMorrow I'm gonna need WAAAAY more detail wrt your posting restriction. Hell, if it means copypasting the restriction and paraphrasing (@mod that's allowed, paraphrasing, right?), then you gotta do it. You have no reason not to by at the noose, and the only reason I'm not voting your is cuz I feel really uncomfortable with th3 atm, and yea, he's more of a suspect than you.

Your "restriction" is annoying, and seems like bulls*** that you can change whenever you please. I'm gonna want a much better understanding of it, and I hope you'll oblige.

@Swiss, you're cool with me.

@McFox, I'm pretty confident that you can be really good in this game. Please don't make the remainder of your play look like blatant parroting of your better half Mayling. Cuz really, it started to look like that BIG TIME near the end. Hell, the only independent-from-Mayling thing I can pick out from you is NOT considering me for the lynch. I still get a town read from you, mind you, but c'mon. Quack.

@Mayling, straighten yo man out.

@Kat, :woman:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I have one more idea about UTD's restriction, which is why I haven't been pressuring him. I'll know if I'm wrong by D2, assuming he survives.

th3smarg said:
and Delvro replaced Seph? I need to reread and see if the duck pictures were justified.
This is an inside joke, and can't really be "justified" beyond we were just poking fun at him.

Gord said:
@McFox, I'm pretty confident that you can be really good in this game. Please don't make the remainder of your play look like blatant parroting of your better half Mayling. Cuz really, it started to look like that BIG TIME near the end. Hell, the only independent-from-Mayling thing I can pick out from you is NOT considering me for the lynch. I still get a town read from you, mind you, but c'mon. Quack.
Like I said earlier, agreeing =/= parroting/sheeping. We are going to tend to agree. Like I said, it's the thing that brought us together in the first place. You're just going to have to deal with it.

Besides, we differ on other things too. She decided that

Mayling said:
I can see Swiss and Delvro being OkayForToDay.
while I would rather Swiss than th3smarg. However, I still think th3smarg is scummy, so I'll go with that for now.

Definitely don't like post 745. Still basically completely on the defensive, save for a little push at Mayling for... leading?... the lynch on th3smarg.

Also, the fact that you leave your vote on UTD seems to me like a weird move for a town player right now. It implies either 1) you think he's faking his claim (what reason do you have to assume that such an unusual restriction is faked?) , 2) you believe his claim but assume it's deadly for town without fully understanding it (because if you're town, then unless you are in a masonry with UTD right now then you don't fully understand it), or 3) are scum and know he's your best bet for getting the lynch off of yourself without having to bus Swiss.

I'm assuming it's 3.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
It's precisely because it is such an odd restriction that it sounds off. It sounds like scum backing off of a bad play, and if he's town and not faking the restriction, he's got to die before lylo anyway.

Swiss is always scum. The problem is, he never does anything to justify thinking that.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mayling, you never answered my question about your reread: Why are you making the same argument against Seph/Delvro that made you think we were scum, especially if you still think we're scum enough to vote for?
1) Yes, I did. If it's so important to you, go find where I answered you/pay attention/READ.

2) Am I voting you? Derpderp. Nope. Last I said I even said I was thinking you were town/flipping back and forth. Are you paying attention to the game at all?

I can't see people getting behind a Mayling lynch today, which is why we're leaving our vote on UTD instead of switching to her.
You haven't even tried to push a lynch for me. Of course no one's going to back you if you don't TRY. people seem to be listening to me (sorta, kinda, not really) because at least I'm speaking. you just got really defensive and was all :c:c:c and disappeared. If you want to push for someone, then you need to push for someone. Don't expect magic to fall on your lap. All you've said about my suspicion is "why do you suspect me" and "igmeoy (look at the cute acronym i learned, derpderp)

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
It got lost in the duck pictures. The whole wagon on us built up because our pressure on Seph/Smash as lurkers was apparently scummy looking. You were on that wagon. Then all of a sudden, you're looking at Seph for the same reason we were. And yes, you're voting Gboy now, but you keep pointing out that you're willing to lynch us.

That said, we'd be willing to hop on a Delvro wagon this close to deadline.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
It got lost in the duck pictures. The whole wagon on us built up because our pressure on Seph/Smash as lurkers was apparently scummy looking. You were on that wagon. Then all of a sudden, you're looking at Seph for the same reason we were. And yes, you're voting Gboy now, but you keep pointing out that you're willing to lynch us.

That said, we'd be willing to hop on a Delvro wagon this close to deadline.
After I said I was thinking you were town, when's the last time I said I was willing to vote for you?

Of course if I think you're scum, then I'm going to vote for you.

th3smarginator

th3kuzinator|smargaret
I'm currently fine with Swiss / Delvro / th3, so if it's going back to th3 I'll hop on board. Would prefer Swiss, but since he did something he's done in other games (pressure new player), clearly he is town. There's no way he could use that kind of play as scum to his advantage. Therefor -> town.

:rolleyes:
I just noticed this was McFox, not you. Would you mind switching your avatar for the hydra to something that looks like neither of you?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I quoted both of those directly after I posted them on my own account. I leave myself logged in on Opera browser with Discworld open, but otherwise browse on Google Chrome (on McMaymays), so sometimes I forgot to hop over on Opera to post here. But I quoted both of those posts directly after I posted them as myself.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
th3smarg, I asked you for a list of your suspicions on everyone AGES AGO. AGEEES. You never gave it. If you want to speak without being on the defensive, why didn't you take that opportunity to do so?

Do it now.
Asking for a list that I asked for ages ago = suspicious/accusatory?

The only thing I accuse you of is being lazy. :urg:

That or you fell quiet because you weren't so scared, and you're digging yourself the hole because you won't even try to help town out. -_-
Saying you won't help town out = suspicious/accusatory?

The only thing I accuse you of is being lazy. :urg:

th3smarg, you continue not to contribute and only do defensive actions, btw.
Just pointing out what you've been doing. You whine about town not listening to you, but you won't do anything until someone attacks you.

Who is this?

Also, Mayling, almost all your posts on this page (40ppp) are directed at us and have a suspicious/accusatory tone.
Your point... has been nulled.

Also, I've never posted on the hydra for whatever it's worth. ;)That's cus i'm da smart oneeeeeeee.

X1-12

Smash Champion
D1 Votecount!

th3smarginator (5) GorditoBoy69, Cello_Marl, Swiss, McFox, Delvro
UTDZac (2) th3Smarginator, smashmachine
smashmachine (1) UTDZac
GorditoBoy69 (3) Gheb, Mayling, Nabe

Not Voting (1) Kataefi

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Dec 4th! at 5PM GMT (less than 8 hours away)

(@mod that's allowed, paraphrasing, right?
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).

Top Bottom