• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

Swiss

Smash Lord
And you think it's a BETTER idea for someone to have control over another player, rather than that player having control over themselves? Yeah, that sounds really pro-town.
Zac, I was under the impression I already had control *glares at McFox*

But I actually stand by what I said, if you said what we had to do - and nominated someone to have control (assuming one person has to end up with control each day) - that would be more beneficial. Apart from in LyLo - assuming ZacTown. That would lose us the game. So we'd have to kill you before LyLo. Which is fine with me. Seems like a win-win situation to me.
Hello? Are you reading what I type, or what you think will annoy me most? I bolded it and put in a larger font do you could see. All game you've been calling me scum with little actual reasoning (as I'm just "full of sh*t" after all). Rage Swiss = Scum Swiss amirite?

And you're trying to have a go at me for looking for an excuse to kill Zac? Why? Have I not been clear that I think he's scum. I don't care if we policy lynch him or modkill him - it's the same result, a dead Zac. Use your brain ffs.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And why would you assume that? Because it's the most convenient way to push his lynch / get him to reveal? UTD clearly said that the restriction isn't so simple. What if no one does whatever it is? Do you honestly think someone would just randomly get control? Of course not. He'd be leaderless.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Swiss has been pretty clear that he thinks UTDZac is scum. However, THIS is what worries me.

Apart from in LyLo - assuming ZacTown. That would lose us the game. So we'd have to kill you before LyLo. Which is fine with me.
Even if you knew UTDZac was town, you would want him dead at some point in the game? On a similar note,

If this is true, then it really is too dangerous to allow UTD to survive to LyLo. Also, didn't people (i.e. Mayling) tell you not to do this very thing?
Why is everyone trying to get UTDZac killed? I'm not seeing very many "this is why UTDZac is scum" arguments, just "Dangerous townie is dangerous and needs to die" arguments. Usually Cello thinks things through more than this, especially when it comes to overarching strategy given certain roles/restrictions.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
To add to that, like I said, I'm very surprised he wasn't at the forefront of getting UTD to reveal his restriction.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Delvro it's a reason to kill him. Not saying it's the only reason or that if another player had it I'd policy lynch them - but I think he's scum and this def. is a reason to lynch him. Assuming he's telling the truth - if he's lying we'd lynch him anyway.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or we can 100% clear Zac, never go for him, and have scum take care of him for us. It looks like no one is going to figure out how to control his vote, so leave him alone. :D

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
So here's a question Swiss. Does having a role restriction that is THAT restricting sound like a scum role to you? Honestly. Would scum EVER get a role like that?

The answer is no, of course they wouldn't. Basically, that restriction can't exist with a scum role, because that would be ridiculous. Yet you have openly said both

A) you think his restriction is real

AND

B) you think he's scum.

My POV is that I don't believe that YOU believe those two things. The MUCH more likely scenario is that you are scum, and are playing BOTH angles (angle 1) his restriction is true and it's dangerous, angle 2) he is scum) against UTD to try and get him lynched.

Swiss

Smash Lord
*Sigh*

Where have I "openly" said I actually believe his claim? Will you please stop goddamn quoting me on things I haven't said?

I'd be a fool to discount it. They are two very different things.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So Zac is supposed to have a restriction and most people know what it is except for me? And it's supposed to have carried over to Swiss now? Is that why people are voting him? Never thought that it would happen but I feel COMPLETELY left out of the discussion right now. If people think that this is our strongest lead now [and obviously it seems to be so] then somebody elaborate on my questions as well as possible.

:059:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
^jkjk :chuckle:

vote: Cello

Smashmachine is just hopelessly lost in the void to me and I don't know what to think of him atm.

@UFO: can you give us an explanation as to why you think Swiss/Nabe need looking into?

@Nabe: now's a good time to summarise D1 for us. Tell us what you thought of all the events and everyone included.

So Zac is supposed to have a restriction and most people know what it is except for me? And it's supposed to have carried over to Swiss now? Is that why people are voting him? Never thought that it would happen but I feel COMPLETELY left out of the discussion right now. If people think that this is our strongest lead now [and obviously it seems to be so] then somebody elaborate on my questions as well as possible.
^This post is interesting to me (and possibly a few others :D) a) because you're often more clearcut on where you're thoughts are and b) because of the way it looks scripted:"If people think this" / "and obviously it seems to be so...", these phrases are weird and forced to me. For all we know the subject matter could be wrong and it's a wrong lead - you've been assessing the game untainted by UTD's restriction it seems so who do you think should be looked into? What do you make of Cello?, and everyone else? =D

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 2 Votecount!

UTDZac (2) Swiss, smashmachine
Swiss (3) UTDZac, McFox, Delvro
Cello_Marl (1) Kataefi

Not Voting (4) Cello_Marl, Mayling, Nabe, Gheb

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is Dec 15th

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I just don't trust Swiss and want him dead. The only way it's tied to the restriction is that he's trying to use it to get UTD killed.

The only thing that worries me is that I'm Swiss' strongest opponent, which without a doubt 100% means that I'm wrong. Unless this is the first time I was ever right.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
i'm just hopelessly in a void? what?
UTD, while you're here can you unvote swiss?
let's see how this goes...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I didn't have much to go with for Nabe. The post was more-or-less a bait for Swiss to see what his reaction was.

@Smash, really?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^This post is interesting to me (and possibly a few others :D) a) because you're often more clearcut on where you're thoughts are and b) because of the way it looks scripted:"If people think this" / "and obviously it seems to be so...", these phrases are weird and forced to me. For all we know the subject matter could be wrong and it's a wrong lead - you've been assessing the game untainted by UTD's restriction it seems so who do you think should be looked into? What do you make of Cello?, and everyone else? =D
You may have not realized it but I'm a bit lost regarding the issues at hand. How am I supposed to be clearcut on something I'm unable to comprehend and I need the help of the others? Like, I can literally (hey look, I can use that word correctly!) only make my points based on other people's points of view. How relevant the talk about the "restriction" is and how it is related to swiss (or if there is a relation at all; what the restriction actually is and how certain players expect others to understand it - these are all things I am unable to judge or comment on because nobody seems to be willing to explain details. At the same time it dominates the current discussion like nothing else.

What am I supposed to do or say?

Gheb, I wonder if your role PM specifically says you're not allowed to colour your text. Are you specifically disallowed from doing so? If not, I wonder if you might ask our GM in private if you are disallowed from doing so.
If I had such a restriction he would've obviously made it clear in the role PM. Unless there is some special attribute about colored posts, that conflicts with the spoiler tags I don't see how it matters?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Didn't actually see your post was written within spoilers but in that case I can't change the color.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
'kay, cool.

Now that we know what UTD's restriction is, I'm wondering if anyone else sees the possibility of Gheb's spoiler tag being partially for the sake of balance, so that there would be a single scum member who couldn't possibly make use of UTD's restriction without breaking their own.

Vote: UTD, but I would take a lynch on Gheb to satisfy the same idea. Will be isoing both as well.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Here are the people I'd currently support lynching:

Swiss
smashmachine
Delvro
Cello (avoiding prods? really?)

This basically makes them all town. And since I think both Gheb and UTD's roles would be ridiculous in the hands of scum (assuming they're telling the truth), this inevitably means that the mafia is

Mayling
Kat
Nabe

Thoughts?

*And Mayling, I don't actually think that you are scum. It's just that I can't possibly be right, which means I could possibly go with the opposite of what I'm thinking and be right? I'd still never lynch you anyway. :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The rest of the above-quoted post said:
Still want it on record that I think this is a terrible idea, and that I don't understand why everyone was so quick to follow frozen again. I was planning on voting for Circus, but by the time I'd made my decision everyone else had jumped ship.
:c I didn't want to no lynch because it was still my early days of mafia and I thought no lynching was horrible for town, and not the not-as-big-of-a-deal-as-everyone-thinks-it-is situation that I used to think it was. :c

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
:c I suggest going with your gut instinct this time then :c

Kill Delvro with fire... together? :gee:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
'kay, cool.

Now that we know what UTD's restriction is, I'm wondering if anyone else sees the possibility of Gheb's spoiler tag being partially for the sake of balance, so that there would be a single scum member who couldn't possibly make use of UTD's restriction without breaking their own.

Vote: UTD, but I would take a lynch on Gheb to satisfy the same idea. Will be isoing both as well.
Uhm ... do we know what UTD's restriction is? I'm asking this for like the fifth time but I have neither an idea what the idea is nor how people even see anything.

And I hope you're not trying to tell me that you would take the risk of lynching possibly two townies just to confirm a theory that may not even help you to win the game? If you ended up lynching UTD under the assumption that there is a connection and he were to flip town - do you think your theory will suffice as justification for misleading the town? Would you go ahead and try to get me lynched still? Even if UTD were to flip scum you'd need a lot more than a vague theory to lynch me - if you want town to win the game, that is.

Here are the people I'd currently support lynching:

Swiss
smashmachine
Delvro
Cello (avoiding prods? really?)

This basically makes them all town.
What?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Gheb, we DON'T know what UTDZac's restriction is. But apparently Nabe knows. And he wants to kill a bunch of people to test a bizarre theory about a role restriction that's not really doing anything but distracting the town right now.

Top Bottom