• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Kat, I picked J because 1) I thought about doing this halfway through Day 1 and 2) J already set the grounds for it to be setup at the beginning of Day 1.
Is 1 a lie? You mentioned The Colour of Magic in one of your first posts and then repeatedly made contact with J concerning colours. Can you elaborate on point 2?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
You appeared to be hinting at colour references at the earliest point in the game with the Colour of Magic and then proceeded to exchange with J about colours and he obliged. There are instances where you ignored the heat of the game to do this - I don't believe this was something you just thought up mid-D1 because it looks more calculated than that. I'm confused as to why you would hinder yourself as a Townie becoming a slave (to a potential scum)... Which faction were you planning to test more?

Also can you elaborate on 2?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
The thing with the colors came from a previous mafia game. I can't see pink on my SWF skin. J prompted me about the color changing thing. Last game I played with him, he refused to change it from pink. Again, I thought about this at the mid of Day 2 and figured the color thing was a great (hard to find) restriction. After further thinking (later day 1) I realize it was a bit too ridiculous that some probably wouldn't believe me.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) WTF @ Smash figuring out the DeekSkyBlue crap. HOWHKJSDFHKURE!?
2) WTF @ Smash not saying "yes I really want you to unvote"
3) WTF @ Nabe also figuring it out.
4) WTF @ My wagon.
5) I'll take questions now.

Are you serious!?

Come on guys think about it....... why on earth would I tell someone about the DeepSkyBlue color restriction and have them control my votes?
Original quote... Sort of seems like a solid reaction.

Vote: UTDZac

Done and done.

I'll explain me role when I get back from lunch. brb nom noms
If you had enough time to write this, why didn't you have enough time to write "I made it all up. I'm just a vanilla townie?" Instead you made us wait. In between, did you really talk to your scumpartners to decide whether or not you should come clean or continue the act?

Unvote

Vote: UTDZac

Err ok.

I'm just got super busy at work so I'll make this quick:

This is the 6th game of mafia I've played. I've only ever been Vanilla Townie or Doctor roles. I wasn't excited to hear I had VT again for this game, but meh I went with it. Then halfway through Day 1 I thought I could make the game more exciting/fun-to-play for myself if I create some sort of role, one that fit my character.

As the Librarian (and a monkey) if someone asked me to get a book in exchange for a delicious banana, I would comply and do it. So I thought a fitting role would be to have a voting manipulation type thing. I related it to the color because it fit nicely with how J already asked me to change his text color for this game.

In one sense I've distracted town for the beginning of Day 2, but at the same time I've also drawn a lot of attention... making it easier to find scum slips and what not.

See Mayling, told you it wasn't what you were thinking... though I'm still curious what else it could be.
Nabe unvoted after the vote count so I don't think Kat hammered.

Sorry about all this =(

Just wanted to have some fun with a boring role... isn't that why we play these games?

Vote: Swiss
Here you say you are saying, it's all a lie, vote Swiss. I asked why you voted Swiss and never give an explanation. Is it that you're trying to push suspicion off yourself?

Furthermore, you say you're BUSY AT WORK.

Kat did this trying to hammer me before I could claim after Nabe asked?

Swiss, what question?

Smashmachine... how are you still in this game you lucky ducky O.o
YET YOU CONTINUE TO POST

I got that you are scum and that you are defensive about questions asked toward you. Originally it was because you were pressuring me hard Day 1 (compared to others) and I thought something was up about it. Not sure if that makes any sense...

Smash is a genius =O
AND POST

Mcfox, please don't vote Kat. Please take your vote off Kat. Please don't ever put your vote back on Kat. Please trust me and your gut.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wow, posts been blowing up over night like mad. I will have to read through what happened but from skimming through the posts I don't like Nabe and I also find UTD's motives for faking the restriction questionable. Especially since it's not even a posting restriction but he actually "influenced" important game mechanics. That's not the kind of restriction I would expect somebody to do to "spice" the game up or to have some fun. Finally, Kat needs to be looked into. I wouldn't have noticed that his vote wasn't the hammer until McFox explained / Mod confirmed it. Since other people mentioned it I don't think I'm the only one who thought that was the hammer.

More later, after reading.

:059:

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 2 Votecount!

UTDZac (3) Cello_Marl, Kataefi, Nabe
Cello_Marl (1) smashmachine
Nabe (1) Delvro
Swiss (4) McFox, UTDZac, Mayling, Swiss

Not Voting (1) Gheb

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is Dec 15th

I find UTDZac's claims perfectly believable and reasonable. All of them.

Let's kill Swiss and Cello

VOTE SWELLo

This vote ambiguous and thus is not counted.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rereads confirms the thoughts and questions in my previous post. Kat and UTD have some explaining to do on their behavior. Faking a mechanic-restriction is no joke at all as is barely missing a quick hammer.

I also don't like Nabe. Did you seriously think it was a good idea to put UTD right at L-1 again before he even had a chance to explain himself?

And I hope Swiss didn't attempt to self-hammer here. He probably mistook Delvro's vote for a legit vote [which it wasn't] and wanted to end the day asap or something like that. Don't vote him yet though, almost a week until deadline.

Explanations needed from UTD, Kat, Nabe and Swiss in that order.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
One of the people specifically, or just one in general? If it's specific, who? Either way, do you think they could be bussing? Why or why not?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Something is amiss
Their votes are like Jello;
With a little bit of Swiss
And a whole lot of Cello.

Vote: Cello

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
But when I called cello out for mimicking his play in a game he just won as scum, he said to trust him. Are you suggesting cello may be untrustworthy, despite his statement to the contrary??

Also, you need one more syllable on the second line, it would flow a lot better.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Gheb - Yeah I tried to self hammer when at L-3. Is that not how it's done? Like why would you jump to that conclusion? I see someone slap their wrist and I figure an insect bit them - not that they have a razor in their hand (Vote: Swello = Vote: Swiss? O: Which would be putting myself at L-1 anyway). MY RAZOR IS MY ONLY FRIEND. I CUT MYSELF TO END THE PAIN. Skim harder.

^ Yeah that does feel good to say.

So who are we lynching again? Zac? Sweet.

Unvote Vote Zac

So where is Smashers again?

And we lynching Cello instead? Sweet.

Unvote Vote Cello

I promise I won't hammer Zac if someone puts him at L-1. Scouts honour.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
unvote because I feel there is plenty to discuss now.

Swiss you've stopped looking for leads and you're acting playful - I don't know what to think atm... Why did you agree with my original vote on Cello?

I'm still thinking about UTD, I feel as if the fabricated claim is outlandish - it's such a rare situation that it's difficult to gauge whether it's Town/Scum-centred.

Also Cello scum-scum, I completely agree - I don't feel as if his motives this game are with Town. Cello's deals and orders are normally made with an intent to benefit Town AS TOWN himself yet his exchanges with J show me he's more concerned in getting any lynch as opposed to a scum lynch and now his general demeanour is not cooperative, it's standing out. When can we kill him? Let's kill him now vote: Cello

Explanations needed from UTD, Kat, Nabe and Swiss in that order.
Sorry I think you're cracking... I'm very suspicious about you atm. I'm not in Chuckie-mode, but I think YOU need to die be looked into more. My vote wasn't intended to hammer, Nabe relayed L-2 and I placed him at L-1. This is very simple - I feel as if you're insistance here that I need to be looked into over a situation you're clearly falsely magnifying is a means in which you're imposing a forced suspicion.

I wanted to reply to this post as well:

You may have not realized it but I'm a bit lost regarding the issues at hand. How am I supposed to be clearcut on something I'm unable to comprehend and I need the help of the others? Like, I can literally (hey look, I can use that word correctly!) only make my points based on other people's points of view. How relevant the talk about the "restriction" is and how it is related to swiss (or if there is a relation at all; what the restriction actually is and how certain players expect others to understand it - these are all things I am unable to judge or comment on because nobody seems to be willing to explain details. At the same time it dominates the current discussion like nothing else.

What am I supposed to do or say?
There have been plenty of points raised throughout that weren't UTD related until the fabricated claim, and if you were unknown to UTD's restriction as you implied then up until that point onward you must have been reading the thread with a different frame of mind so I'm interested in what suspects you had in mind at the start of toDay. The clearcut comment was a reference to you generally having direction in who you want to question/investigate as opposed to being clueless and useless as I feel you are now. Also I accept you're confused but reading that post still seems very out of character to me because it felt very much like you were looking at the Town there outside-in from a more manipulative standpoint.

Also, you're very pleasant this game. Lots of agreeing with people's points...

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Kat, watch yourself. That's a question too. Also, leave me alone for a while. Lynch me in Lylo if you have to, but you won't.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@ Gheb - Yeah I tried to self hammer when at L-3. Is that not how it's done? Like why would you jump to that conclusion? I see someone slap their wrist and I figure an insect bit them - not that they have a razor in their hand (Vote: Swello = Vote: Swiss? O: Which would be putting myself at L-1 anyway). MY RAZOR IS MY ONLY FRIEND. I CUT MYSELF TO END THE PAIN. Skim harder.

^ Yeah that does feel good to say.
So why did you vote yourself Swiss?
Seriously Swiss, I think I raised a fairly good point and you know it. Don't try to ridicule something that you yourself would call out somebody else for. The self-vote was unnecessary and it directly followed two other votes on you. There are no pro-town implications to such a course of action so an explanation is still necessary.

Sorry I think you're cracking... I'm very suspicious about you atm. I'm not in Chuckie-mode, but I think YOU need to die be looked into more. My vote wasn't intended to hammer, Nabe relayed L-2 and I placed him at L-1. This is very simple - I feel as if you're insistance here that I need to be looked into over a situation you're clearly falsely magnifying is a means in which you're imposing a forced suspicion.
I'm not very happy with this response. If you hammered somebody "on accident" would you earnestly expect us to believe you? Obviously, everybody who plays this game only has "good intentions" so what you intend to do and what you actually do are two very different things - there's a major distance between these things. Even if you didn't intend to hammer or knew you weren't hammering I would still hold it against you that you put him at L-1.

Most notably though, your post isn't much more than well-elaborated OMGUS. It's a more beautifully looking way to say "hey, this guy is suspect because he said something bad about me. Point in case is, that you're actions weren't pro-town and also that relying on "intentions" is not an explanation but a cop-out.

There have been plenty of points raised throughout that weren't UTD related until the fabricated claim, and if you were unknown to UTD's restriction as you implied then up until that point onward you must have been reading the thread with a different frame of mind so I'm interested in what suspects you had in mind at the start of toDay. The clearcut comment was a reference to you generally having direction in who you want to question/investigate as opposed to being clueless and useless as I feel you are now. Also I accept you're confused but reading that post still seems very out of character to me because it felt very much like you were looking at the Town there outside-in from a more manipulative standpoint.
When I re-read the thread I had a worse feeling about Cello than about Swiss if that's what you're trying to get at [assuming this because you disagreed with my stance on Cello yesterDay]. I was also considering the possibility of smash being mafia and his scummates bussing/distancing him yesterDay, mainly because he took the back-seat as soon as people got off his wagon [which I guess I'm partly responsible for]. Coupled with his lackluster to non-existent input toDay I think there are more [legit] scumvibes coming from him than yesterDay [when people were all over him].

Based on my re-read I was leaning towards lynching Cello toDay and I think his recent refusal to make decent input compounds to my stance towards him. I guess in Nabe's case I got a bit confused because I thought he put UTD @ L-1, which I would've held against him [and now hold against you]. In that case I'd say that I want to lynch Cello but before I commit to a Cello wagon I still want a better explanation from UTD than just saying that he did it because he was bored. I also wish you'd just give me a straight answer to my accusation rather than playing the choirboy and emphasize your "intentions" but then straight up throwing out OMGUS in the same reply. I don't think you're being co-operative here.

Cello can die, smash can die. Swiss can die I guess although the former players take more priority atm imo. UTD / You are depending on your answers.

Also, you're very pleasant this game. Lots of agreeing with people's points...
You're better off backing up claims like that. For all I remember Mayling was the only player I openly agreed with. Pleasant is a very subjective impression anyway - I'm pretty sure there are players who feel otherwise.

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ McFox and Kat: I saw a wagon happen so I figured I'd better jump on it. Figured that if we pressured this Swiss guy enough he might crack, I mean myself and McFox don't actually have any evidence on him - so the best way to get a read from him is to pressure him.

Alternatively:

I tried to self hammer when at L-3 because it was clear I was about to be lynched when no-one is looking at players like Zac and Cello, I was the only possible lynch and as such tried to self hammer in a vain attempt to stop my buddies trying to save me and outing themselves. Alas, I forgot that I was not in fact, a triple voter - and my hammer failed.

^ Either of those answers will do. It was a funny joke. (I only joke as scum, rite?).

So where's Zac again? 'Cuz dat boi gots questions to answer. I'm telling you all now, Cello and Zac are anti-town. Execute operation do-exactly-what-Swiss-says please. Fanx gaiz.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Swiss says lynch Cello now.

Cello says lynch him in lylo if we still don't trust him, but we won't (lynch him).

Cello has also said that if he gets away with scummy behavior for the entire game, it's town fault for not lynching him for it. And that if he can get away with it, he will do it.

My lynches for today are Cello or Swiss, possibly smash. Not Gheb, Kat, Mayling, or Nabe. Possibly Delv, or UTD.

Someone sway me. Would prefer Swiss obviously.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Asking others to sway you is like asking town to lose

Right now, the only vote you can trust 100% coming from a townie is your own

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Is my vote on Zac still? Way too lazy to check.

Unvote, vote Zac

He still needs to go, we can't have him sit around here while we say "is he or isn't he". It's D2, there shouldn't be any question that this is the right lynch for toDay. Die die kill kill.

Very happy with Kat's 980. 984 makes me smile.
Will offer actual content after sleep, it's late and I have another game to respond in.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Delvro, obviously you think that Nabe, Swiss and I are scum, but if that is the case, why did you not want to vote for Swiss when Mayling asked you to? When you said, "vote for SWELLo", you were making it seem as though the order does not matter to you, but your actions are attempting to push people away from Swiss and toward me. Why?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not to mention that the people on the wagon were:

Swiss (4) McFox, UTDZac, Mayling, Swiss

Mcfox... do you think he's scum? You've never even mentioned him as a suspect before.
UTDzac, which this post:
delvro said:
I find UTDZac's claims perfectly believable and reasonable. All of them.

Let's kill Swiss and Cello

VOTE SWELLo
you say you believe him.

Me, which you've just stated that I'm 100% townie to you...

and then Swiss himself, which you've said is scum.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Delvro, obviously you think that Nabe, Swiss and I are scum, but if that is the case, why did you not want to vote for Swiss when Mayling asked you to? When you said, "vote for SWELLo", you were making it seem as though the order does not matter to you, but your actions are attempting to push people away from Swiss and toward me. Why?
Because you're scummier. Killing Swiss is fine too, but I'm keeping my vote on you.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Omg I have time to post =D new job is killing me! :mad:

Kat, watch yourself. That's a question too. Also, leave me alone for a while. Lynch me in Lylo if you have to, but you won't.
D1... I remember saying I liked your general insight so you should convince me you are Town. You didn't and I think you couldn't.

I'm not very happy with this response. If you hammered somebody "on accident" would you earnestly expect us to believe you? Obviously, everybody who plays this game only has "good intentions" so what you intend to do and what you actually do are two very different things - there's a major distance between these things. Even if you didn't intend to hammer or knew you weren't hammering I would still hold it against you that you put him at L-1.

Most notably though, your post isn't much more than well-elaborated OMGUS. It's a more beautifully looking way to say "hey, this guy is suspect because he said something bad about me. Point in case is, that you're actions weren't pro-town and also that relying on "intentions" is not an explanation but a cop-out.
Can you explain why you felt the labelled "L-1" vote (despite not actually being so) was anti-Town? I didn't think it was at all. It still left him open for explanation which seemed to be your concern. I'm interested in your answer. From my part I wanted the highest amount of vote pressure on UTD so the extent of his explanations was to its fullest and not in the same vein as his silly self-votes and vague comments during the moment everyone figured things out (aka everything pre:#919), which all left much to be desired e.g. saying "I'll take questions now" and giving no explanative answers, saying "I'll get to that shortly" and getting to nothing shortly, ignoring Nabe's request to explain things in the now and then disappearing after a good amount of time had passed for him to spill the beans... Very noncommittal and I felt upping the pressure was necessary here.

Also my OMGUS was in response to your false accusation, I'm surprised you brought that up as a point against me considering this, because at no point did I "hammer" UTD or try to, which was formerly what you accused me of doing - in fact there was no hammer to begin with, so of course your insistance here that I did this is something I'm going to react to in this way because it's misplaced and looks like a manufactured lead, especially considering you did rereads and then persisted this afterward. I actually want to touch on the "rereads confirm" part of one of your posts because I don't believe you reread the situation at all, and certainly not multiple times as you said, otherwise you wouldn't have accused Nabe for placing UTD at L-1 and myself for hammering. Strange how your rereads missed out these important details. They feel empty to me, hence why I mentioned earlier you seem to be looking at the game outside-in from a manipulative standpoint.

When I re-read the thread I had a worse feeling about Cello than about Swiss if that's what you're trying to get at [assuming this because you disagreed with my stance on Cello yesterDay]. I was also considering the possibility of smash being mafia and his scummates bussing/distancing him yesterDay, mainly because he took the back-seat as soon as people got off his wagon [which I guess I'm partly responsible for]. Coupled with his lackluster to non-existent input toDay I think there are more [legit] scumvibes coming from him than yesterDay [when people were all over him].
Can you go into more detail about Cello, Swiss and SmashMachine? Is Cello's lack of input one of the only reasons you want to pursue him toDay? What do you make of the actual posts he's made?

You're better off backing up claims like that. For all I remember Mayling was the only player I openly agreed with. Pleasant is a very subjective impression anyway - I'm pretty sure there are players who feel otherwise.
Examples:

#232 the part directed at myself

By pleasant, I mean as a sense of encouragement to continue in that line of thought - I often find scum like to encourage discussion that is going in the wrong direction for Town, perhaps as a means to condition some of the vocal Townies into thinking they are on the right track, and this creates wrong leads and directions and is primarily how scum like to hide (I find). I feel some of your statements are very scripted in the way they want to encourage people. Another example comes from when you spoke of "fresh perspectives" when a replacee came into the game... as if to magnify the influence this player would have on the game... it came across as very robotic.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
if cello is scummier why not say you wanna kill cello and not swiss... you said you wanted to kill both of them but when opportunity arose for you to put down your vote to show your committment you faulted

Top Bottom