• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discworld Mafia - Game Over - Scum Wins!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Swiss, I think you're town. But I'm going to have to point you to 953. He's given his answer to that question. If you're unhappy with that answer, that's one thing, but you would need to voice as much if so. I think 953 has gone ignored or missed by you.

I'm going to leave it up to other people as to whether or not you're deflecting right now. I think this could be an honest mistake. But in your post before this one (984), you set up an attitude that looks like deflecting, and this seems like it could be you continuing that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Can you explain why you felt the labelled "L-1" vote (despite not actually being so) was anti-Town? I didn't think it was at all. It still left him open for explanation which seemed to be your concern. I'm interested in your answer. From my part I wanted the highest amount of vote pressure on UTD so the extent of his explanations was to its fullest and not in the same vein as his silly self-votes and vague comments during the moment everyone figured things out (aka everything pre:#919), which all left much to be desired e.g. saying "I'll take questions now" and giving no explanative answers, saying "I'll get to that shortly" and getting to nothing shortly, ignoring Nabe's request to explain things in the now and then disappearing after a good amount of time had passed for him to spill the beans... Very noncommittal and I felt upping the pressure was necessary here.
So ... because you think UTD doesn't respond well when he's under pressure you think it will be beneficial to apply even more pressure? Do you earnestly think that you will get better answers that way? He's constantly dodged his way out of such sticky situations without giving explanations and now all of a sudden it's supposed to work? I should think you would've realized by now that this isn't the case as it obviously has NOT been the case yesterDay either.

Also my OMGUS was in response to your false accusation, I'm surprised you brought that up as a point against me considering this, because at no point did I "hammer" UTD or try to, which was formerly what you accused me of doing - in fact there was no hammer to begin with, so of course your insistance here that I did this is something I'm going to react to in this way because it's misplaced and looks like a manufactured lead, especially considering you did rereads and then persisted this afterward.
Uhm...but that's exactly what OMGUS is. Of course in your eyes it is a "false accusation". In mine it's not. The other people always accuse you "wrongfully" which is the whole problem of the OMGUS to begin with - the subjectivity of being targeted is what leads to such a reaction. It shows that you lack ... distance to what you do and say and that things others say can get really close to you.

To compound to this point, I already told you that I would hold the vote against you regardless of whether it's the hammer or L-1. So even if the accusation of the hammer was wrongful, my accusation of the misplaced vote is real.

I actually want to touch on the "rereads confirm" part of one of your posts because I don't believe you reread the situation at all, and certainly not multiple times as you said, otherwise you wouldn't have accused Nabe for placing UTD at L-1 and myself for hammering. Strange how your rereads missed out these important details. They feel empty to me, hence why I mentioned earlier you seem to be looking at the game outside-in from a manipulative standpoint.
The re-reads I mentioned are rereading D1. I dropped the whole Nabe-issue as soon as I realized I miscounted the votes [as seemed to do others at that time] but that happened toDay. My main concern of rereading was the end of D1 when I missed a lot of the discussion.

Can you go into more detail about Cello, Swiss and SmashMachine? Is Cello's lack of input one of the only reasons you want to pursue him toDay? What do you make of the actual posts he's made?
Looking at that post I recommend you to do a reread yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't have to ask about why Swiss is on my scumlist.

Cell, I can't say much more about than Mayling covered yesterDay, except that his play is shockingly similar to his scum play in L4S [pretty sure you would agree with that as you have played that game yourself]. And I wouldn't even call it "lack of input". More like "actively refusing to make input" - I actually already said that on D1 to which he demanded "proof". Well, by now it became so obvious to EVERYBODY that proof really isn't needed anymore. I entirely fail to see the pro-town implications in all of his posts.

Smashmashine ... his connection with Swiss is what makes me considering him [coupled with his non-existent input]. I can't see them on the same side based on their interactions yesterDay.

Examples:

#232 the part directed at myself

By pleasant, I mean as a sense of encouragement to continue in that line of thought - I often find scum like to encourage discussion that is going in the wrong direction for Town, perhaps as a means to condition some of the vocal Townies into thinking they are on the right track, and this creates wrong leads and directions and is primarily how scum like to hide (I find).
Of course I would encourage a line of thought that I have drawn myself. Look at the quotes again and see whom is being talked about - it's Gordo who was my main target for the lynch yesterDay. Why wouldn't I encourage people to vote the player I want to see lynched the most?

The agreement had a particular purpose: To get the guy I wanted dead lynched. That's not being pleasant at all. It's actually the complete opposite of it.

:059:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Gheb scum-scum. If we kill Cello toDay and he flips scum make sure Town kills Gheb the next Day if he doesn't die from the Vig. And vice versa. It's looking likely to me. I don't know who the third scum is yet but I'm starting to get ideas.

So ... because you think UTD doesn't respond well when he's under pressure you think it will be beneficial to apply even more pressure? Do you earnestly think that you will get better answers that way? He's constantly dodged his way out of such sticky situations without giving explanations and now all of a sudden it's supposed to work? I should think you would've realized by now that this isn't the case as it obviously has NOT been the case yesterDay either.
"Earnestly"... Did you earnestly expect me to answer no to this question? I thought you didn't like delving deep into intentions? Of course I thought this... it's not a stretch of the imagination to go by the principle that adding even more pressure is necessary against someone who isn't giving the answers Town needs. Page 23 should be very evident and Day 1 didn't have UTD at L-1, so that as an example for the accusation you're pushing on me doesn't work. Had it have been in reverse and UTD was giving us explanative answers I'd accept your push on me here because then there'd be no purpose of adding extra pressure if I had expected a serious answer anyway without it, but this wasn't the case and I understand you need to make a mountain out of a molehill :chuckle:

Uhm...but that's exactly what OMGUS is. Of course in your eyes it is a "false accusation". In mine it's not. The other people always accuse you "wrongfully" which is the whole problem of the OMGUS to begin with - the subjectivity of being targeted is what leads to such a reaction. It shows that you lack ... distance to what you do and say and that things others say can get really close to you.

To compound to this point, I already told you that I would hold the vote against you regardless of whether it's the hammer or L-1. So even if the accusation of the hammer was wrongful, my accusation of the misplaced vote is real.
But your rereads of the situation confirmed your suspicion on me regarding "hammering". At the time this is what you were accusing me of so I reacted as such because hammering was not involved yet you mentioned it twice, once after skimming the situation and once after REREADING it. It was a false accusation at this point because it was a black and white situation, hammering was not involved, which is why I cannot believe you're pushing the omgus scumtell on me... also my point below continues on this:

The re-reads I mentioned are rereading D1. I dropped the whole Nabe-issue as soon as I realized I miscounted the votes [as seemed to do others at that time] but that happened toDay. My main concern of rereading was the end of D1 when I missed a lot of the discussion.
...here's a link for your viewing pleasure :chuckle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nvuEw9XcuU

Simply because:

I will have to read through what happened but from skimming...

...More later, after reading.
Rereads confirms the thoughts and questions in my previous post.
These rereads were of the situation, nothing to do with D1. At this point you didn't drop the Nabe suspicion yet you should have done had you reread, which you didn't :chuckle: And D1... so what? Why does rereading that Day suddenly confirm the thoughts and questions in your previous post? Additionally, I don't believe this was a Townie mistake; I've mentioned earlier that I feel you're looking outside-in controllably and this is another example of you wanting to manipulate the situation to cast doubt. I believe this to be a slip up. This makes me feel a lot better about Nabe.

Cell, I can't say much more about than Mayling covered yesterDay, except that his play is shockingly similar to his scum play in L4S [pretty sure you would agree with that as you have played that game yourself]. And I wouldn't even call it "lack of input". More like "actively refusing to make input" - I actually already said that on D1 to which he demanded "proof". Well, by now it became so obvious to EVERYBODY that proof really isn't needed anymore. I entirely fail to see the pro-town implications in all of his posts.
I do like your reasoning on Cello, but I can't help but ask why you didn't notice this when Cello was baiting a reaction from you toward the end of D1?, because he actively refused to make input there as well in his refusal to answer my questions amongst everything else in general, yet you didn't suspect him at this point when I felt someone like you who has tough love on "lurkers" so to speak would have picked up on that at least. I actually find the Cello suspicion from you seems to just have popped from nowhere because it's a popular thought... I also didn't like how Cello went straight for you D1 knowing that he is likely scum. I believe you both to be likely scum atm.

Also regarding the pleasantness, it's the manner in which you interject and support - it's very robotic. Looking back on D1, your shift from Swiss to Gord was because my reasoning lined up with your reasoning, and I was the one that got you rethinking, especially in the way you said "Hmmmm....". The manner in which you said this made me feel this was a good cue to utilise my faulty thinking on Gord as a means to jump from Swiss to Gord to get a mislynch.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
5 PM GMT is 6 PM for me I think. I won't be on at that time because a friend will stay over at my place and we'll play smash all day. 3 hours and then I'm off until after deadline hits. Wondering if people are OK if I hammer like 4 hours before the deadline?

Mad stuff been posted, I'll read through stuff and see if there's anything major to answer left before the hammer is dropped. In either case, Vig feel free to shoot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"Earnestly"... Did you earnestly expect me to answer no to this question? I thought you didn't like delving deep into intentions? Of course I thought this... it's not a stretch of the imagination to go by the principle that adding even more pressure is necessary against someone who isn't giving the answers Town needs. Page 23 should be very evident and Day 1 didn't have UTD at L-1, so that as an example for the accusation you're pushing on me doesn't work. Had it have been in reverse and UTD was giving us explanative answers I'd accept your push on me here because then there'd be no purpose of adding extra pressure if I had expected a serious answer anyway without it, but this wasn't the case and I understand you need to make a mountain out of a molehill :chuckle:
Ever heard of the term "rhetorical question"? Of course you would answer that you thought it was a good idea but I don't buy it. How is it a good idea? He was put at L-2 and he didn't talk. There was a time when he was at L-1 before and he didn't talk either. And now suddenly you think he's gonna tell us everything in detail because you put him at L-1 again? You're smart enough to foresee that somebody will have issues with that.

And your "reverse case" example doesn't even make sense? Like, had he actually answered stuff because of your vote I would've admitted that the pressure was in the right place and I would've understood the pro-town implications. In this case however, we already know that putting him at L-1 yields no useful results.

But your rereads of the situation confirmed your suspicion on me regarding "hammering". At the time this is what you were accusing me of so I reacted as such because hammering was not involved yet you mentioned it twice, once after skimming the situation and once after REREADING it. It was a false accusation at this point because it was a black and white situation, hammering was not involved, which is why I cannot believe you're pushing the omgus scumtell on me... also my point below continues on this.
These rereads were of the situation, nothing to do with D1. At this point you didn't drop the Nabe suspicion yet you should have done had you reread, which you didn't :chuckle: And D1... so what? Why does rereading that Day suddenly confirm the thoughts and questions in your previous post?
Let's not confuse things now. First of all, rereading and miscounting are two very different things. You can reread a thread and miscount votes at the same time. When I "came" back on the start of D2 I skimmed through what happened from the start of the day up to that point and mentioned what stood out to me the most. Then I actually read the stuff [but miscounted] and thought Nabe put UTD @L-1 and you followed with the hammer. I realized that this wasn't the case when you pointed it out. Instead you put UTD @L-1, which lead us to where we are now.

However, the "major" reread of D1 was in response to your question on my suspects. I reread D1 during the night but posted it after reading up D2 and posting my comments on them. In other words: They are two different things and you're confusing them.

I do like your reasoning on Cello, but I can't help but ask why you didn't notice this when Cello was baiting a reaction from you toward the end of D1?, because he actively refused to make input there as well in his refusal to answer my questions amongst everything else in general, yet you didn't suspect him at this point when I felt someone like you who has tough love on "lurkers" so to speak would have picked up on that at least.
Quite simply, because I didn't realize it at first. Especially the "baiting" part didn't occur to me like this at all. More like the typical "Cello tries to provoke people by being an *******, that reminded me of his town play at first. I also remembered him posting some "wall of texts" making me think he's not a "true" lurker [who just posts to avoid prods and then slips away]. Infrequent [but quality] input is not necessarily lurking but I must admit now that I overrated the amount of content he provided and a lot of his text were just fluff.

I actually find the Cello suspicion from you seems to just have popped from nowhere because it's a popular thought... I also didn't like how Cello went straight for you D1 knowing that he is likely scum. I believe you both to be likely scum atm.
I guess you can call it "out of nowhere" but in actuality my vote on him is a lot more "solid" and a lot less fluctuating than other people's. You probably won't care about what it means though so take it as you will. I just think my vote is more deeply rooted and built upon stronger logic than the people who "established" [and abandoned] it. Either way, I don't feel like I followed a trend by voting him but more than I revived it after people went on to Swiss.

Also regarding the pleasantness, it's the manner in which you interject and support - it's very robotic. Looking back on D1, your shift from Swiss to Gord was because my reasoning lined up with your reasoning, and I was the one that got you rethinking, especially in the way you said "Hmmmm....". The manner in which you said this made me feel this was a good cue to utilise my faulty thinking on Gord as a means to jump from Swiss to Gord to get a mislynch.
I could care less about your subjective and vague view on how I've been "robotic". I was a lot more vocal about lynching Gordo than you were anyway so I still take more responsibility for his town flip than you do. Like, I'm not even trying to hide it or to blame you for it. Most importantly I said your thought process lines up with mine. That means that I came up with these thoughts ony my own and your argumentations merely confirmed mine. So I would say that the main course of action was my own doing and blaming anybody else for it would be downright hypocritical [and very obviously so].

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You also seem to be under the impression that I'm pushing you. How come? I'm currently trying to get an idea on where to categorize you on my player list and I clearly said that I'm questioning you for that purpose. This confirms my idea that you're being defensive / OMGUSish.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 2 Votecount!

UTDZac (2) Cello_Marl, Nabe
Cello_Marl (4) Delvro, Swiss, smashmachine, Kataefi
Swiss (3) McFox, UTDZac, Mayling

Not Voting (2) Gheb

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is Dec 15th

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
^Please, at some point toDay, skydive with no parachute……… It'd do Town a lot of good :chuckle: Also I'll touch on that vote below.

Ever heard of the term "rhetorical question"? Of course you would answer that you thought it was a good idea but I don't buy it. How is it a good idea? He was put at L-2 and he didn't talk. There was a time when he was at L-1 before and he didn't talk either. And now suddenly you think he's gonna tell us everything in detail because you put him at L-1 again? You're smart enough to foresee that somebody will have issues with that.

And your "reverse case" example doesn't even make sense? Like, had he actually answered stuff because of your vote I would've admitted that the pressure was in the right place and I would've understood the pro-town implications. In this case however, we already know that putting him at L-1 yields no useful results.
Why aren't you taking any of the contextual factors into consideration? UTD's restriction had just been magnified so this was a perfect time to apply pressure to gain the reads we need. Are you actually rereading page 23 with the thought that UTD wouldn’t respond to added pressure when he looked visibly shocked that people were playfully ganging up on him (lol) JUST BECAUSE he didn’t do so before on D1, a time when no one had the information they did prior to that point? It’s like smashmachine’s revelation of a post doesn’t exist anymore! – also I still don't see why this is a problem especially when your biggest concern was not giving him room for explanation when my vote gave him room for explanation. Because of this I can’t see where you’re going aside from “you placed him at L-1, you are anti-Town”, and by that you might as well run rampant in every mafia game you play. What are you talking about regarding the reverse case?? If he was giving sufficient answers then I’d consider not voting him based on those answers, but he wasn’t… some players vote lurkers to get them talking… some prisoners get tortured more and more so they reveal more information… look at any D1 of every game here… etc etc… it’s a very common principle imo that you give more pressure to those that aren’t talking so they start talking.

Can you show me where he was at L-1 before plz?

Also, quickly in response to your pushing/questioning post, how on earth can you say you're just categorizing me on your player list and that you're not pushing me when in another post you claimed you don't buy my reasoning? That would imply you think I'm not Town and thus worth pushing, right? - what exactly are you doing? Your intentions look very muddled to me.

Let's not confuse things now. First of all, rereading and miscounting are two very different things. You can reread a thread and miscount votes at the same time. When I "came" back on the start of D2 I skimmed through what happened from the start of the day up to that point and mentioned what stood out to me the most. Then I actually read the stuff [but miscounted] and thought Nabe put UTD @L-1 and you followed with the hammer. I realized that this wasn't the case when you pointed it out. Instead you put UTD @L-1, which lead us to where we are now.
Just to quickly clarify - I didn’t literally place him at L-1 but I intended to. Also I’d actually consider counting votes as part of the rereading process – I thought the point of a reread was to understand situations as best as possible to make the best analysis possible in finding scum, which, well, doesn’t apply to you in this instance lol.

The problem I have with your answer here is that, on a reread and votecount, the situation was only about half a page’s worth of understanding, and yet you still missed the important details. I would never expect this from you in all honesty. Were you just too hasty to get a word in edgeways regarding the situation and the heat of its moment? Who knows?... but the fact you skimmed and got it wrong is something I’d be content with, as everyone initially thought I almost hammered, but no one actually insisted I did afterward - only you did this upon reread(s).

Quite simply, because I didn't realize it at first. Especially the "baiting" part didn't occur to me like this at all. More like the typical "Cello tries to provoke people by being an *******, that reminded me of his town play at first. I also remembered him posting some "wall of texts" making me think he's not a "true" lurker [who just posts to avoid prods and then slips away]. Infrequent [but quality] input is not necessarily lurking but I must admit now that I overrated the amount of content he provided and a lot of his text were just fluff.
Baiting and provoking imo are almost the same. Also this is fine.

I guess you can call it "out of nowhere" but in actuality my vote on him is a lot more "solid" and a lot less fluctuating than other people's. You probably won't care about what it means though so take it as you will. I just think my vote is more deeply rooted and built upon stronger logic than the people who "established" [and abandoned] it. Either way, I don't feel like I followed a trend by voting him but more than I revived it after people went on to Swiss.
………………………………………

Have I missed something? I just browsed all of D2... Where was your vote on Cello prior to this post? Either the scummies have forgotten their lines or the script’s faulty or I’ve blinked and missed it…? :chuckle: I don’t know… If this is the case why would you talk about a non-existent vote?

Most importantly I said your thought process lines up with mine. That means that I came up with these thoughts ony my own and your argumentations merely confirmed mine.
Curiously, how did my arguments on Gord confirm yours?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Gheb vs. Kat is reading TvT to me.

Kat said:
If he was giving sufficient answers then I’d consider not voting him based on those answers, but he wasn’t… some players vote lurkers to get them talking… some prisoners get tortured more and more so they reveal more information… look at any D1 of every game here… etc etc… it’s a very common principle imo that you give more pressure to those that aren’t talking so they start talking.
This is hilariously faulty reasoning. People who are tortured tend to give FALSE or ANY information in order to stop the torture. See here or here.

@Cello - Aren't you afraid of being night-killed, if you are town and apparently have some reason that town will not lynch you, assuming we allow you to make it to lylo? If you do make it, do you plan to say that the mafia kept you alive specifically for the wifom? Will you be able to prove that you are indeed town, or are you planning on just having the town trust you? Will you make any kind of meaningful contribution to the discussion of this game before lylo?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
For a famous case, you may have heard of the Salem Witch Trials, where people who were only threatened with torture (or jailtime) admitted to being witches.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
yeah... sorry... I was trying to think of examples >_> just replace that with an example that works

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: Kataefi voted for me in post #990. I'm at L-1.

McFox said:
Aren't you afraid of being night-killed, if you are town and apparently have some reason that town will not lynch you, assuming we allow you to make it to lylo? If you do make it, do you plan to say that the mafia kept you alive specifically for the wifom? Will you be able to prove that you are indeed town, or are you planning on just having the town trust you? Will you make any kind of meaningful contribution to the discussion of this game before lylo?
I'm not worried about being Night Killed, if my claim is unknown. I will say that it is not an active ability, but it is definitely provable. If I were NKed, it probably wouldn't be too much of a loss. It will be impossible for me to make it to lylo unles the cop is there to confirm me as town. We'd either win before then, or I'd be dead.

But, now that I'm thinking about it, 3 scum would mean toMorrow might be Mylo. I don't want to be investigated toNight, so the cop should investigate someone else, then we'll go No Lynch. If he isn't dead, then I'll be an ok investigation target. That is for the best.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
For the record, don't know if killing Cello was the right move. 1017 sounds like a classic town Cello plan for win. I'm not saying the plan would've worked, but I'm saying it sounds like it's coming from town Cello.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I don't see a vote from Kat in #990. So I'm going to unvote in case he's alive.

UNVOTE

Either that or Cello claimed Hated Townie.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hmm... post 990 was made by Nabe and had nothing to do with Cello. The post before that, also by Nabe, also not about Cello. Post after was by the mod announcing UTD's prod.

...?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Aha, that makes more sense.

And Delv, again, why would scum so obviously quickhammer on D2? And why would Kat then say "Yes, just as planned!" Do you think they are both scum, or just Mayling for hammering? Why would either of them do such a thing on D2 just to get Cello out while obviously outing themselves?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is it that when I attack Mayling I always end up fighting both Mayling and McFox?

Anyway, you just hammered Cello after the most useful post he has made IN THE ENTIRE GAME. Wtf.
Why do you refuse to give answers? :awesome:

Why would scum-me hammer cello when cello was super suspicious... derp :awesome: why would I put myself in trouble if he were town and I scum?

X1-12

Smash Champion
D2 Final Votecount!

UTDZac (2) Cello_Marl, Nabe
Cello_Marl (6) Delvro, Swiss, smashmachine, Kataefi, Gheb, Mayling
Swiss (2) McFox, UTDZac

Not Voting (0)

Cello_Marl (Findthee Swing, Mafia Vanilla Cop) has been Lynched!

Don't post in the thread at Night!

Send all Night Actions to me by 8PM on 14th December (GMT)

Delvro

Smash Ace
Aha, that makes more sense.

And Delv, again, why would scum so obviously quickhammer on D2? Why would either of them do such a thing on D2 just to get Cello out while obviously outing themselves?
This, in essence, is just a WIFOM argument defending Mayling.

Why do you refuse to give answers? :awesome:

Why would scum-me hammer cello when cello was super suspicious... derp :awesome: why would I put myself in trouble if he were town and I scum?
Put yourself in trouble for hammering? Tell me, when is the last time someone got lynched the next day for hammering the previous day? Because I honestly don't remember it ever happening in a game I've been in.

This, too, is in essence a WIFOM argument.

Top Bottom