• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion on Frigate Orpheon

Master Raven

Smash Master
Even if I couldn't hear the siren underneath a sea of Humanity, I could tell if the stage is going to flip by observing the flashing lights in the background.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, has anyone used Jiggs' shield jump as the stage is flipping? If so, what were the results? I would wager : hilarious.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like this stage, it hurts Ivysaur so bad when you can't recover because there is no ledge. The fight becomes stupidly easy for anyone fighting against a person who tethers, all your opponent needs to do is hit you far enough where you can't land back on stage with your second jump. The flipping doesn't really help either. Its a bad stage in my opinion.

Tury94

Smash Rookie
Hmmmm, interesting comments, but anyways which characters do you guys think are the overall best for this stage and why?

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
This is generally accepted as one of the better stages for Lucario due to the wall-cling areas on both transformations.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
It seems there's little discussion going on.

Alright, to jumpstart this, how do you guys feel about the stage flip? Is it a threat, or do you just jump?
i tend to just jump
i don't go there often, but that is a good time to not use Snake

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Pit does pretty good on this stage. His recoveries good enough that is would be hard for the transformation to kill him.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Spoiler Alert:
Stay near the middle of the stage when it flips, and you won't die. (That is if you can).
Problem solved.
---
Anyway Frigate is one of my favorite stages. But I never noticed the things about the edges.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I Like a lot this Frigate Orpheon and the Musics.
My combos works well and I dont have any problem in this Stage.
I think the only problem is when the stage change the Sides, is always Dangerous.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I like the stage. It's nice to have a Metroid stage that doesn't revolve around acid, or lava, or some nearly sub-terrain based boss fight. Also, I think the flipping gimmick is interesting. It can help to keep smashers on their guard, but I will admit it makes tether-based recoveries a lot harder to pull off. All-in-all, a nice stage.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
The only thing I don't like about this stage is the lack of ledge on the right side. It doesn't make sense for there to be no ledge. It bothers me.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Alright, to jumpstart this, how do you guys feel about the stage flip? Is it a threat, or do you just jump?
Well there's always that alarm before it flips so we have to listen for it and not be totally focused on fighting to where we can't hear it.
A Sonic recently counterpicked this and I noticed that when he heard the alarm, he immediately did a neutral B, which seeks out the guy even when the stage is flipping. So I thought that would be an interesting fact for Sonic players.
On the first transformation, there's no ledge on the left where the vertical moving platforms is so if you gimp Olimar or almost any other character with a great recovery, you'll get an early stock kill.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Its cool, I think its interesting when the stage flips, but sometimes that can be a hazard, I've been SDd a few times that way. But the flip adds more variety to the fights so its a decent stage.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Frigate Orpheon. I would've preferred Chozo Ruins, Phendrana Drifts, or Phazon Mines, but I blame only myself for not saying so when the time came to request stages for Brawl. I don't pretend to know a good stage from a bad one, so I'll keep quiet on that question. The music selection is not bad either, but I would've uploaded the "Metroid Metal Prime: Title/Theme" by Stemage if I could. When the lights go out, the floors are still illuminated. I can just imagine a top-down perspective in a 2D game where the room is dark, but the safe floors are still illuminated. Personally, I think the instantaneous stage rotation works better than Brinstar Depths. The text below is shrunken so that you could only read it if you're interested.

[SIZE="-7"]P.S. I don't know a lot about television, but I do know that individual episodes of a show have production code numbers. The most common nomenclature is a 3 or 4 digit number which denotes the season and episode. For example: "209" would be "Season 2, episode 9", "320" would be "Season 3, episode 20", and "1107" would be "Season 11, episode 7". If the Stages in the Smash Bros games had production codes, Frigate Orpheon would be 306.[/SIZE]

Top Bottom