• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discuss Amazing Jigglypuff Teams Here

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Obviously double Jigglypuff is the best team in the game. That team is real.

Use this thread to discuss this fact, as well as any strategies, results, or pancake houses that relate.

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE, KIRKSVILLE!

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Rollout is a decent move in teams ,its easier to land because of the confusion.

Also jiggs is good for saving their partner when they are recovering and what not.

Partner to get you out of rest lag.

jigglypuff works well weaving around the whole stage interrupting bth opponents and being a general nuisance

PND

Smash Champion
Snake, Diddy, Zelda, DeDeDe, and Kirby have all worked REALLY well for me in the past.

Pit, Falco, DK, MK, Marth, and G&W have done fairly well for me as well, but not as good as the previous list.

Zelda's my favorite to team with, though. She may not be the best, but holy hell can you wreck ****. You can WoP them, and if they airdodge, they get Dins to the face. She traps them with her smashes, you hit kill moves out of them. Just keep Zelda on the ground, rolling and Smashing around and you'll do pretty well.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Snake and jiggs. Sleeping u-tilt, and snakes d-throw (lolthrow?) into rest.

Or, jiggs gets behind snake, uses sing while snake uses d-throw. (lolthrow?) They roll away from jiggs, they get side smashed. They roll toward jiggs they go to sleep. They get up or attack, they get smashed.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Obviously double Jigglypuff is the best team in the game. That team is real.

Use this thread to discuss this fact, as well as any strategies, results, or pancake houses that relate.

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE, KIRKSVILLE!
Is it legal on the boards to just bait people?

Anyway, double Jiggs combos:
back-throw to roll-out
rest to rest
alternating sh-dairs!! that **** is vicious.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I have had really good sucess with rob. He is like the polar opposite of jiggs, which gives good balance. Umm, I really don't know why it's such ****, but we didn't lose a single game.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
there is a really good strategy for double jiggs but it involves rolling out your teammate off stage causing you both to die. kit and i do that one a lot. it mindgames the opponents into winning?

but seriously, i wish we had some of the crazy stuff we've done recorded like one of us resting ddd and then the other one resting ddd while he's flying upwards.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness and Jiggly teams are lol. PK Fire + Rest.
Honestly, it's not a bad idea, Ness and Jiggs.

Veril

Frame Savant
Ness and Jiggs are ok but PKF to rest isn't the best setup. Lucas actually complements Jiggs more IMO. Lucas has a better ground game then Ness, for one thing, with his best KO move coming out so fast (f-smash). Ness is an insanely good juggler, but so is Jiggs, so there isn't a lot of balance here. Lucas is also faster, has a projectile with less potential for collateral damage, etc. Also... PK love is much better in team settings with its obliteradius and omegaknockback.

Really just being able to setup a full charge PK-Love is priceless. That move KOs insanely early. Its like a vertical Falcon Punch. Fresh, it kills Snake off the top at 53%! Wowzers!

Here's some sexy setups off the top of my head:
Jiggs F-throw /b-throw/jump-release to Lucas PK-love
Jiggs up-throw to Lucas PKT
Jiggs up-tilt to Lucas b-air to Jiggs jab-lock (missed tech) or pound (teched) REPEATABLE
Jiggs grab + pummel to ground release to Psi-M (horizontal KO at ~90%) which has an amazing trajectory for Jiggs edgeguarding
Lucas PK Freeze to rest
Lucas d-air to d-tilt to Jiggs 3x dair to rest
etc.

Also, they are a super-gimp duo, with Lucas having PKT edgeguarding, crazy good recovery, tetherhogging, and 2 spikes, and Jiggs being Jiggs.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Me and my friend do all sorts of funny grab release shenanigans in doubles. If you memorize the trajectory of character's jump release animations (which I have), then they can be easily exploited in doubles. Especially if your partner has a retardedly strong smash.

In doubles, I use Bowser, so forcing jump releases is easy because he's so tall. After that, all my friend has to do is Usmash or Fsmash with Ike. PK Love also works. ^^

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Ganondorf is a fairly poor doubles character.
Yep, just needed a conversation starter. It seems to have worked.

Falco seems to be a pretty good choice though. His l4z0rs won't bother you since you can duck, his arguably mediocre recovery can get a helping hand, and he has a great ground game that makes up for Jiggs lack thereof.

Did I mention he has Lasers?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Can you post over 1 line please lol?
What he said, one lined posts that are without substance are considered spam.
Im going to let you go this time but please try to say more than one line next time. Perhaps say why Ganondorf isn't the best partner for her or something instead of "no he isn't lets move to another character".

*resume discussion*

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yep, just needed a conversation starter. It seems to have worked.

Falco seems to be a pretty good choice though. His l4z0rs won't bother you since you can duck, his arguably mediocre recovery can get a helping hand, and he has a great ground game that makes up for Jiggs lack thereof.

Did I mention he has Lasers?
Yeah it is very useful. And you make up for his shortcomings in recovery because you can dair him to pound to save him almost certainly.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Omg! What about ZSS? I just thought of Dsmash or Paralyzer > Rest.
You can help ZSS when she recovers if someone's trying to gimp her, and I dont see how most of her attacks can hurt you or be a disadvantage to you (like Snake's tilts if spamming carelessy) except Foward B possibly...

Noobicidal

Smash Master

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
My brother and I did a Jiggs-Kirby team at the last tourney we went to and did okay. Though there are not many combos you can do between characters (Kirby-throws > Jiggs-dair > Kirby-uair being one of the few), they can both fly all around the screen with their jumps and be super annoying. It's funny to uthrow a guy with Jiggs into a Kirby stone. =]

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Omg! What about ZSS? I just thought of Dsmash or Paralyzer > Rest.
You can help ZSS when she recovers if someone's trying to gimp her, and I dont see how most of her attacks can hurt you or be a disadvantage to you (like Snake's tilts if spamming carelessy) except Foward B possibly...
ZSS has a surprisingly good recovery. I don't know much, but I think she can do some kind of footstool out of her downb, then use her upb.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
ZSS has a surprisingly good recovery. I don't know much, but I think she can do some kind of footstool out of her downb, then use her upb.
Footstool? Is that something special done or is it just what you think she does?

Because her downb is akin to Diddy's sideb, except hers has more of an arc but pretty much the same endpoint. So she has that and two tethers.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Footstool? Is that something special done or is it just what you think she does?

Because her downb is akin to Diddy's sideb, except hers has more of an arc but pretty much the same endpoint. So she has that and two tethers.
Idk. That's what one of Cake's posts said. I'm pretty sure she's a good ZSS.

I think Olimar is the best partner for Jiggz still. Pikmin throw can aid Jigglypuff in racking up damage on an enemy, if Jiggz is getting *****, pikmin throw, to interrupt a rest, he can purple pikmin throw, or if Jiggz is in the air, upb. Olimars ground game completes the team practically, giving the opposing team less space. His air game isn't bad either. Jiggz would be perfect to keep him from being edgehogged. Olimars grab range is great too, so pulling off grab release to rest wouldn't out of the queston.

Just watch Zori and Meow. They're insane in doubles.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Samus' recovery is good. Anyone who says she's easily gimped is crazy.

At high percents, it's very difficult to hog the ledge against her, because she has a massive recovery. If she DIs towards the corners, she can immediately use her UpB to get extra height, and then proceed to double jump and use her DownB to get back on the stage. If that's not enough, she can always use her UpB again or her SideB.

ZSS is too good. ^^

Oh, and Ganon is somewhat usable in teams. He's not the best teammate, but he's definitely not the worst in doubles.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Im assuming you meant ZSS?
If she DIs towards the corners, she can immediately use her UpB to get extra height
ZSS can only get height out of her Up B if she combines it with her second jump.

and then proceed to double jump
Would already be used if you used the method you mentioned earlier.

I just wanted to point those out, it was annoying me :p

MrEh

Smash Hero
Im assuming you meant ZSS?

ZSS can only get height out of her Up B if she combines it with her second jump.

Would already be used if you used the method you mentioned earlier.

I just wanted to point those out, it was annoying me :p
Uh sorry, that was my bad.

But yeah, **** recovery overall.

Top Bottom