• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discovered New Falco Pillar!

younggunzgst

Smash Rookie
this thing works well n the beginning. i was using it on my bros pit and its pretty good. nothing like the chain grab but its something else that im using now.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Thanks but no thanks. DIing owns this so hard.

I'll stick to normal chaingrabbing.

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
from what i've seen when i do it, you have to hit the dair with proper timing so that they dont bounce off the ground, but rather are doing that sort of flipping animation , hovering just above the ground. (i hope people know what i mean by that) it works reasonably well. Usually after the third repeat, if they arent near the edge i just Dsmash, USmash, or jab into a combo.

Nica K.O

Smash Cadet
this makes for some good mind games...after watchin bombsoldier do it i just want to get even better with falco

BlueBlood

Smash Rookie
thanks 4 the analysis. ur right its not sumthing to do or add into ur stradedgy like shdl, or chaingrabbing. if u happen to grab them and u dont want to spam a chain-grab, then do this or better yet, d-throw and do a dashing up smash. cuz people get pissed when u chaingrab to 50%, do a little damage, then f-smash and repeat. cuz then u might give falco a title of a hack or cheap char.
yeh i got a friend who quit playin and called me cheap after one chaingrab lol

IDK

Smash Lord
Alright, it does work, but it requires some chasing after the dthrows. After the 2nd or 3rd dair (depending on character), they fly too far away and land on their back. IMO, it's better just to do this once and start chaining dthrows.
if they land on their back, laser lock. you could do this pillar until they fall, and laser lock. or you could do the zero death i do. chain grab from one edge to the other then with the last d throw immediatly short hop dair to edgehog.

EDIT: sorry disregard the laser lock comment. i tried it and you can't.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I'm not going to discredit this, but the phrase "new Pillar" is incorrect.

Melee terms, Pillar had two meanings. The original was to wear on an opponents Shield with repeated L Canceled Dairs. The term used later on was the process on Spiking an opponent upwards with the Shine and spiking them down via Dair.

Falco can still do the second method via Dair to Dair.

Zero-sr388

Smash Cadet
yeh i got a friend who quit playin and called me cheap after one chaingrab lol
My fiend doesn't know that you can DI out, and won't listen when I tell him, so I CG'd him all the way across Lylat.

He looked like he was going to cry, and wouldn't play me anymore for the rest of the day.
He just looked so hurt, lol.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Will holding Down and C-stick Down (To do the D-air) Be easier than Fast-falling normally?
The C-stick version is easier right?
FYI: C-stick puts you at some "Auto-Fastfall" or something so i was thinking it'd be easier like that, just thinking.

J4pu

Smash Champion
C-stick down will only FF your Dair if you already rose to the apex of your jump, inputting down on the cstick before that will just initiate a rising Dair.
Personally I find it advantageous to Cstick all my aerials other than Nair.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
C-stick down will only FF your Dair if you already rose to the apex of your jump, inputting down on the cstick before that will just initiate a rising Dair.
Personally I find it advantageous to Cstick all my aerials other than Nair.
I was thinking the same thing.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Works well on lucario, works decently on peach
I am not sure sure if it is actually possible to chain on ROB or if there is a % window where you can and where you can't since his Dsmash comes out so freakin fast (3 frames i think i heard)
So if you are using it on ROB you should definitely have the timing down perfectly.
The slower the character's Dsmash, the safer it is.

wangston

Smash Lord
They can only tech after you dair at 40% or so. Also most people that land on their back can get up before you hit them with the laser, the only was a LL will work is if they don't move the control stick at all. I've be using this every time now at tournaments on people I can't chain grab. I like more than %5 on people that way I just need to fast fall after the Dair instead of ff and moving back. This usually gets anywhere from 50%-60+%. Landing infront and fast falling is much more effective than going in from behind, it's less ground to travel. This works wonders on so many people if I do it right, I can generally tell if I get the timing right and go straight into another grab. Some times my timing is slightly off so I'm forced to shield a dsmash or a jab, or I'm forced to jab then grab. And as far people that don't tech you can generally jab and grab them.

FluiD

Smash Apprentice
i can get it to the third spike and then he bounces and i wait for the fall to grab but that would be DIable so do i need to be faster with the grab or what?

Juber

Smash Cadet
I think the better way of doing it would probably be going around the opponent, on the other side of them because they are most likely trying to DI out of it the opposite way, then you can take advantage of that (as shown in Bombsoldier's match vs Lucario). He could of grabbed him again and done it a 3rd time IMO. And this is a great opportunity for mindgames, for example, "oh noes im getting chaingrabbed so im not gonna spam any buttons to even attempt to get out of it because im assuming Falco is just gonna keep CGing me." Maybe if for 1 stock you chaingrab, and the next you "Light Pillar" they could get thrown off. Normally when you are a stock down, you are really just trying to even the playing field.

P.S. Could you maybe boost pivot grab to be extra smexy and fluid???

Jizzaster

Smash Rookie
I hate to say this but this is rather old, it's been done, i'd only use it on character that are not chain-gradable. Character that are easily chain-grabbed to spike off the stage don't need this. It's safer to just chain-grab to the edge and then dair.

Juber

Smash Cadet
Because dashing lets you cover more ground for those lighter chars that you need to get to the edge with. Of course with the dashing CG you have that chance of tripping, so I usually walk now unless im feeling ballsy.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I don't think you can, it supposed to be escapable, though hitting someone with a Dair in the 20% range (On thier feet) you get a stagger for a re-grab.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Because dashing lets you cover more ground for those lighter chars that you need to get to the edge with. Of course with the dashing CG you have that chance of tripping, so I usually walk now unless im feeling ballsy.
Uh, not only that...

Some characters HAVE to be walking CG'd. Characters Like MK and Snake come to mind.

AGENT-DOUBLE-D

Smash Rookie
its not a true chain, its more like a pseudo CG... Like G&W's downthrow to jab to regrab, what i do sometimes is do full CG and when it runs out, use the Dair... and fast fall, if the opponent falls on the floor, you can jab cancel into a grab... the jab will bring them back up...

and also for characters you cant CG normally like kirby rob jigglypuff samus etc, you dthrow, Dair, fast fall then jab cancel regrab or just regrab

soo yeaa

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
its not a true chain, its more like a pseudo CG... Like G&W's downthrow to jab to regrab, what i do sometimes is do full CG and when it runs out, use the Dair... and fast fall, if the opponent falls on the floor, you can jab cancel into a grab... the jab will bring them back up...

and also for characters you cant CG normally like kirby rob jigglypuff samus etc, you dthrow, Dair, fast fall then jab cancel regrab or just regrab

soo yeaa
Why the **** do you have to bump such an old thread. >_>

Top Bottom