• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discovered New Falco Pillar!

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Alright, Im sure every one misses the old shine, JC then d-air repetitive combo. Which was called pillaring (if im wrong correct me). Well, Ive found a new way of doing this technique. I call it Light Pillaring(LP) and i wish i had a camera 2 show u im not lying but i dont, so if somebody could master it like i have and post it that would be great. Also if sumbody already discovered this forgive me 4 trying 2 take credit.

now every body knows about falcos chaingrab right? if u dont its basicly d-throw dash forward d-throw dash over and over. the LP is when u d-throw, short hop d-air fastfall grab d-throw short hop d-air fast fall repeat then air combo out of it

it took me awhile 2 get and it looks very technical. ive done it 4 times in a row starting from 0% the fourth time gets them to 80%
3rd 66%
2nd 44%
1st 22%
it must be done quickly and controlably and ive tried it on cpus and humans. So before u start saying this doesnt work try it and make sure u do it fast or theyll powershield the d-air or use some other kind of defense
i will post a vid soon but if anyone else gets it down, they could post it.

IT DOES WORK!

Juber

Smash Cadet
So what you are saying is DGrab -> Shorthop -> DAir -> Fastfall -> Repeat?
So the point is to not spike them with the DAir, but to just hit them so they dont fall on the ground? OR if they fall on the ground can you still grab them? (I dont think you can)
Can you clarify this really quick kthx

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Hmm... so dthrow > shff dair > dthrow > shff dair etc? With sweepotted dair? I gotta try this tonight... This could be an awesome extension of the chaingrab once the percentage is too high to chain them anymore.

Eriko

Smash Cadet
It doesn't work that well. The dair sends them too far up and it has too much lag to grab right after.

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
you should be to cancel the lag if you dair relatively earlier. but i have yet to try this.

Eriko

Smash Cadet
Alright, it does work, but it requires some chasing after the dthrows. After the 2nd or 3rd dair (depending on character), they fly too far away and land on their back. IMO, it's better just to do this once and start chaining dthrows.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
no, do it close 2 the edge so the 4th time it will spike them downwards to their death. also when their % gets high they bounce upwards which allows u to dash attack then combo. ur also suppose to do it at the beggining to get an easy 80-100 percent combo or death

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Alright, it does work, but it requires some chasing after the dthrows. After the 2nd or 3rd dair (depending on character), they fly too far away and land on their back. IMO, it's better just to do this once and start chaining dthrows.
why not twice or three times. by the 3rd time they r at 66% then u can finish the combo by lazering

Eriko

Smash Cadet
The only thing I want to know is how do you grab someone when they're on their back? It's pretty hard to grab someone when you sweetspot them into the ground at 30+%

sazabi

Smash Cadet
it works, cause i do it tournaments, its as a matter of fact pretty useful. but combo potential after 80%+ is like gone.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
The only thing I want to know is how do you grab someone when they're on their back? It's pretty hard to grab someone when you sweetspot them into the ground at 30+%
as sazabi said it works, ur jus going to slow.

WTF why r they on their backs? i jus think ur slow. do u hav brawl i could show u via wifi, jus Pm ur FC 2 me and ill show you

AmericanBison

Smash Cadet
i thought this was pretty basic stuff. i have been doing this and more complicated variations of this.

Pewgs

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see any videos of someone doing this, I still don't exactly understand how this works.

holysnap

Smash Cadet
Wow this sounds amazing, Im loving all the new techniques people are coming up with using Falco, my friends I play get mad enough when I chaingrab them to 50%, if I can pull this off it will really take the cake.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
im really sry about the no video part. but let me try 2 go into detail a little more.
(LP)
useage:
first its a good combo to start with to get your opponent into 60+ percentage at the BEGINING of the match. Meaning at 0%.
2nd, if u have a little distance between u and the edge, u can do this combo to get them off the stage and shorthop d-air(or shuffle d-air) and kill them
3rd, it looks cool
HOW TO DO (LP)
This took me a day to get down and anouther to see if there are any acceptions 2 this rule. (The ONLY one is olimar, u have to stick with chaingrabbing with him) But this move is basicly a chaingrab accept for you shorthop d-air then fastfall in between the grabs. You have to control your d-air so that you dont go over the opponent or stay in the samespot. so in reality you grab, throw the opponent down, BAMBAMBAM POP, there 4 inches off the ground you do a dash forward(controlably) and instead of grabbing the opponent again for a chaingrab, you short hop, (controlably) and as ur going UP D-air. Then Fastfall. Grab, then repeat about two more times(3 if possible) and finish the pillar with anouther attack. theres alot of ways to finish the combo, i just short hop double lazer and hope they hit, or if they're off the edge on the last chaingrab, then I short hop again and spike them off the stage (overkill).

Make sure ur using a gamecube or nunchuck remote controller. I could only amagine how hard it would be otherwise. And if ur really desperate to see it, then PM me ur friend code. ill show u wat it looks like, and then u could just delete me afterwards. cause i dont have a fu#*n video camera!(make sure ur connections good cuz it will be complicated to do) And remember, some one could always try to get it down then post the video. itd help everyone out

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Wow this sounds amazing, Im loving all the new techniques people are coming up with using Falco, my friends I play get mad enough when I chaingrab them to 50%, if I can pull this off it will really take the cake.
and yeah my friends get mad too, when i did this on them they flipped and now they all wanna main falco. but there out of luck cause I know they wouldnt be able to.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
TC, do a one stock battle, get the pillar down, either KO your opponent, or suicide. Then send the replay data to someone with a camera or that video card (don't remember the name of it) that records straight from the system. They can upload it to youtube.

neji32

Smash Lord
This combo does work
I dont main falco but he's did it to me in the middle of battle .
It's really not possible to get it out of it when your at low percent
The spike at the end of the ledge is also impossible to escape

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
TC, do a one stock battle, get the pillar down, either KO your opponent, or suicide. Then send the replay data to someone with a camera or that video card (don't remember the name of it) that records straight from the system. They can upload it to youtube.
r u talking 2 me cause thats a good idea

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
YES, THANK YOU! thats an alternate way (i think evenbetter than my original way!!) to do it. can u make a vid of d-airing while jumping up then fastfalling?
a rising d-air

yeah i forgot the term for it

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
The way that Kryptic was doing it doesn't seem feasible on a live opponent. It seems to me that the opponent is on the ground too long and would easily be able to shield or dodge the d-air. And if the opponent has to lay on the ground for it to work, I don't think it can be counted as a combo. The computer even shielded it a few times. I mean no disrespect to you, Kryptic, but it just doesn't seem right to me.

I've been able to d-throw and catch them with a d-air while they're still in the air which would seem to be much more effective.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Ok kiddos. Blackcat is on the right track. The pillar technique he uses on meh characters r kiiinda good. They r more or less effective on fastfallers tho. Ive used kirby and airdodged out of it, and Ive countered on a couple occasions with Marth. I admit tho that the combo is pretty unescapble on extremely early percentages.

Kryptic your falco pillar wouldnt be very effective honestly. Instead, u need 2 do as BlackCat said and use a RISING Dair instead, its more guaranteed.

Lastly, I would like to put some effort into this, err, discovery by posting a vid of me and BC. Im pretty sure I can have it up by this weekend.

Edit - Grammar mistakes, argh.

Pewgs

Smash Rookie
Yeah it doesn't seem like Kryptic's method would work on a live opponent.

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
This doesn't seem like it works. I can hit the opponent with a dair after the throw before they're out of the hitstun, but it certainly doesn't seem possible to grab them again before they can react.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
^^^^ ROFL ROFL haha... sooooo true.

Anyway, great find man, the guy 2 up from here posted a really nice link, looks VERY doable./\

ThreeX

Smash Lord
well.. shine-->dair was just a COMBO not.. pillaring, people mistake pillaring for shine combos...

pillaring was when you did shine-->shffl'd dair to weaken/put pressure on their shield...

for example: 2 jc shines-->dair-->2 jc shines-->dair consistently..

what your talking about... is simply a combo.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Another idiot player who thinks he's pro.
yeah i know, he doesnt really hav 2 say anything even if he can.

My buddys laserbust and nejj will try 2 have a vid of us demonstrating the (LP) this weekend. (gonna be hard considering we're in 2 different states) but still if u wanna attempt a vid go right ahead.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
kryptic, its better but ur going over the opponent then turning around and grabbing again. act as if its a chain grab. stay in front of the opponent when u d- air. thats wat i meant by control. if u control the d-air to stay in front of the opponent then you could grab them quicker. but ur sooo close! lol
how the fu_k do u multi-quote!!

Damax

Smash Lord
multiquote then quote LMAO. Besides this techniques seems HIGHLY escapable in contrast with his chaingrab. I doubt you can speed up the process much by not going over him. nice try though.

Najin

Smash Rookie
I think chain grabbing is a much safer bet then this. All though, you can use this at the end of the chain grab near the ledge or something.

Top Bottom