• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difference in colors

The Phenom

Smash Lord
WTF!!! Colors affecting game play!!! First April Fools day on SWF everyone goes nutts, Mods are all Mic not infracting anyone, then I have a dream about some guy's avatar which has a sexy Blone woman which I dreamt about in my dream and almost F*****!!! WTF MAN!!! Someone tell Scar to Falcon Punch me!!!

For reals though...This is sooo interesting. How is it possible that colors affect the character. There can a pyschological influence perhaps to the players but to the game itself a influence? I can't figure out any logical explanation for this. This game is the most amazing one of all for this matter of reason!
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

metashinryu

Smash Ace
idk i think someone would have noticed that by now, i play all different color falcons and i've never noticed any timing differences

what in particular? anything?
yeah the dair and the nair,it feels like you have to wait a little bit more to fast fall l-cancel(maybe its just in my mind)

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
White is more visible on some stages. Play a dark color on a dark stage, and you might have a harder time landing hits. (very small margin)

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
my blue falcon would fall off 100%, and black would not.
If you pause it you can see that all falcons do fall off at some point, but blue (in my case) doesn't get back on.
Maybe his feet are 1 pixel smaller???? lol...
... magus?

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
my blue falcon would fall off 100%, and black would not.
If you pause it you can see that all falcons do fall off at some point, but blue (in my case) doesn't get back on.
Maybe his feet are 1 pixel smaller???? lol...
... magus?
Right? Where the hell is he?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm assuming he just can't figure it out. Otherwise I feel like he would've said something by now. Does someone want to PM/VM him just in case?

Magus420

Smash Master
The different colors have very slightly different widths for dealing with stage collisions/interaction (hurtboxes are exactly the same). It manages to make a difference here and normal CF doesn't collide with the wall until later in the animation than the others, and when he does get adjusted by touching it it's enough to put him barely over the edge and so he falls.

This should give you an idea of how small of a difference it is and how they compare relative to one another (measured in DerpMeters):

Normal 1088
White .1096
Blue ..1097
Red ...1099
Black .1100
Green .1102

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
lol wouldn't that be crazy though? If different colors/costumes gave you different advantages and disadvantages? This game has enough depth already. Adding "Style Changes" would give it SUPER DEPTH.
Like, the green color made you better against space animals, but worse against floaters.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
no cuz then if you wanted a challanged you wouldnt us the advantage costume son

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
maybe were thinking about depth in different terms.. feel me?

because with costume advantages, you can chose to make your fight vs a certain character easier normal or harder or impossible **** hard, dig?

if you mean depth in terms of like at's then yea your right

DrewB008

Smash Lord
well the colors probably wouldnt directly affect matchups, they would probably alter traits of the character that might benefit different matchups or styles. like if one made moves a little longer but weaker, or more knockback but less %, etc. you could change depending on who youre fighting or how you like to fight.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
well yea i guess thats what i meant in a much better said way lol

see f8? frolic to that son

Top Bottom