• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diego Nooooooo 5: Tournament Edition - September 7th, 2013 - Glen Ellyn, IL

B.W.

Smash Champion
And you know what that means.

2.5 Tournament awww yeah. Best be grindin out them characters on the 28th.

I'm gonna try to make this one somehow.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
You guys should add Brawl to this one. I'm sure a lot more people would come for the Brawl but would also contribute to the pot for P:M (like me).

Tink

Smash Hero
im all for it, untill we need to talk setups away from PM for brawl setups 0_0....like what happend at the last tourny that hosted both :///.

Scythe

Smash Master
We just need everyone to bring setups. It was a problem last tourney.

Kirk

Smash Champion
People will just need to step it up and bring setups for their events. Like diego said, adding an event is fine...but we'll need another helper to keep things moving. That, and we'll need to be more strict with the schedule. No late johns!

And just say no to converting setups.

:phone:

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm sure someone will step up and TO it so let's just advertise this as a big one then.

B.W.

Smash Champion
For real people. If TV size or something is an issue get on craigslist or go to a goodwill or something similar. Both almost always have small CRTs and a lot of times you can find them on craigslist for free.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
I'll try my hardest to make it to this one. I have a melee setup and if we're really desperate it could be converted to a Brawl setup or a P:M 2.1 setup. I'll bring both game discs and my SD card (my Wii isn't hacked).

Kirk

Smash Champion
There we go. Super update.

Brawl has been added to the OP. Schedule has been altered slightly to accommodate. Even more so, we will need to be strict with the schedule if we want to finish in a timely manner, remember this!

And, of course...

BRING SETUPS!!!!!

We can't do this without the help of all of you WONDERFUL people!

Scythe

Smash Master
alright so i'm going to ask for everyone that IS bringing a setup to post in this thread and say exactly what they are bringing. Also kirk we need to talk about if we are using pm 2.5 at this.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a Wii, Melee, Brawl, and maaaayyybe a TV. I also have P:M 2.1 ready to go. If this goes really late though, I'll have to leave with my stuff prematurely then.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I can bring a Wii, TV, a copy of Brawl, and Demo 2.5. Since it's supposed to be publicly released anyway, I'll talk to the rest of the PMBR if I can copy+paste the files from my computer onto people's SD cards.

However, PLEASE bring setups. I probably sound like a Grinch, but as someone who brings their setup specifically for PM, I will be disappointed if time gets taken away from PM because Brawl needs a setup. Bringing setups for an event should be left to the people participating in that event.

Arty

Smash Lord
I can bring a setup for brawl or Melee or PM, whichever we need.

We should be fine on Brawl setups though. If worst comes to worst we can just cancel P:M singles, and port over those setups. The people that came solely for P:M can enter brawl instead.

thomasman

Smash Rookie
Dope dope Dope !!!!!!
I'm like 80% sure i'll be able to come out. I just have to find a ride!!

It'll most likely be me & my lil bro.

I'll be able to bring a wii/brawl & gamecube/melee (if you guys need a extra set up for melee/P:M). I only have 3 controllers though.

If me & my bro could hitch a ride; taht'd be great. I'll deff accommodate for gas $$$. We're over on the Northside of chicago, Rogers Park to be exact. but we can meet anywhere as long as it's not too far from the CTA.

Arty

Smash Lord
Dope dope Dope !!!!!!
I'm like 80% sure i'll be able to come out. I just have to find a ride!!

It'll most likely be me & my lil bro.

I'll be able to bring a wii/brawl & gamecube/melee (if you guys need a extra set up for melee/P:M). I only have 3 controllers though.

If me & my bro could hitch a ride; taht'd be great. I'll deff accommodate for gas $$$. We're over on the Northside of chicago, Rogers Park to be exact. but we can meet anywhere as long as it's not too far from the CTA.
Don't worry about bringing extra controllers. Everyone at these tournies brings their own controller, so don't bother bringing extra ones, just two for you and your bro.

B.W.

Smash Champion
It upsets me to say that this is the third one of these I'll be having to miss.

I guess that's not so bad though, since it gives me time to familiarize myself with the new characters.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yeah I honestly never know which weekend these are on. if you put a date on it i would probably not have so many "thats THIS weekend????" moments

alcheato

Smash Ace
Assuming I haven't found a job by then, I should be at this with a Melee setup. I could switch it to a PM setup afterwards.

Scythe

Smash Master
it's not in the thread title but when you are looking at threads in the thread list it still says the date after the thread name.

Top Bottom