• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ [MAIN INDEX]

tibs7

Smash Champion
such a typical p1 thing to do lol.

@shaya look at the thread for itttttttttttttttttttttttt.
i agree with exp. of how to use nanas, marth wins. but without struggles hard.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
But it's almost pointless to argue a lot of Diddy's match-ups cause all his effing match-ups are close to even lol

even the mid-tier to low-tier ones lol...?

lets talk bout yoshi's Oos options against us...oh wait...xD

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
IMO Diddy for sure doesn't lose to Marth but I don't know about beating him. He probably beats Kirby, Wario is doable and close to even but I don't think it's actually even, Wario wins slightly.

I also don't see how Luigi beats Diddy. Peach...yeah she's dumb, but Luigi I can't understand.

But it's almost pointless to argue a lot of Diddy's match-ups cause all his effing match-ups are close to even lol
I know for a fact that Diddy goes even with or has a vary slight advantage on Wario. All you have to do is get the lead(which is not that hard against Wario). Then you can just space your bairs and mix it up with grabs and monkey flips. Wario has vary little priority in the air and Diddy's bair beats out all of Wario's aerials. You don't really even need bananas rack up damage on Wario. The only time you will need them is when you are trying to get the kill. Trust me, this doesn't seem like it will work, but it does.(When I say "all you have to do is" I don't really mean thats all you have to do. It just means that thats what you basically can do MOST of the match)

Dekar173

Justice Man
no i'm serious tibs

not by much, its like 55-45 at worst might be even

diddys recovery is impossible to gimp as marth, the barrels are like invincible and he always makes it back onstage

marth can't kill diddy since all of marths kill moves are obvious as **** and diddy won't be hit by them anyways

did i mention his up b is like impossible to gimp

and diddy outcamps marth so hard lol

the only way marth can do anything is to rush in before diddy can pull crap

did i mention his barrels are ********?

but with a naner marth just gets pooped all over

and the peanuts

oh god

the peanuts
THE PEANUTS

and did i mention his up b?

YOU CANT BEAT IT

Was just reading over this and wanted to laugh.

Player-#s are so badddddd

Gnes

Smash Master
I know for a fact that Diddy goes even with or has a vary slight advantage on Wario. All you have to do is get the lead(which is not that hard against Wario). Then you can just space your bairs and mix it up with grabs and monkey flips. Wario has vary little priority in the air and Diddy's bair beats out all of Wario's aerials. You don't really even need bananas rack up damage on Wario. The only time you will need them is when you are trying to get the kill. Trust me, this doesn't seem like it will work, but it does.(When I say "all you have to do is" I don't really mean thats all you have to do. It just means that thats what you basically can do MOST of the match)
With these things i have bolded, it is clear u dont know the matchup. U need to get correct info. If ur beating wario in the air, something is clearly wrong. I hope your conclusion from this matchup didnt come from playing Fiction(if he even plays anymore), cuz that would be sad. :(

And LOL at not needing naners, how the heck did u not comment on this dekar?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
With these things i have bolded, it is clear u dont know the matchup. U need to get correct info. If ur beating wario in the air, something is clearly wrong. I hope your conclusion from this matchup didnt come from playing Fiction(if he even plays anymore), cuz that would be sad. :(

And LOL at not needing naners, how the heck did u not comment on this dekar?
Just try it. Although I will say that using this strategy gets kind of harder when the wario knows you're using it. But if you mix in this strategy with your own play style you guys should have no trouble beating Warios. You also forget that wario's only disjointed aerial is his Uair which is too slow to punish our bair and our bair out prioritizes and out ranges the rest of his aerials. I would say that if used right, Diddy's bair is one of his least punishable moves in this MU.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Bair is amazing, that's not debateable, BUT it's not unpunishable (which you didn't say, but your post makes it seem like you feel this way ;))

I'd just have to see you play in order to see if you know what you're talking about jebus, because as far as I know, our bair trading hits with Wario's aerials (it does more often than it doesn't) is a recipe for disaster.

bair bair bair bair bair bair bair

you take about 30 damage in this volley, and you're definitely NOT going unpunished in between.

Of course, you're not only going to be throwing out bairs the whole time, now are you? XD

It's not a ******** match-up, until you hit ******** stages. Then Wario is one hell of a headache.

Waft is ****ing gay.

P-3, sideB that ****

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Bair is amazing, that's not debateable, BUT it's not unpunishable (which you didn't say, but your post makes it seem like you feel this way ;))

I'd just have to see you play in order to see if you know what you're talking about jebus, because as far as I know, our bair trading hits with Wario's aerials (it does more often than it doesn't) is a recipe for disaster.

bair bair bair bair bair bair bair

you take about 30 damage in this volley, and you're definitely NOT going unpunished in between.

Of course, you're not only going to be throwing out bairs the whole time, now are you? XD

It's not a ******** match-up, until you hit ******** stages. Then Wario is one hell of a headache.

Waft is ****ing gay.

P-3, sideB that ****
I'm not saying that Diddy's Bair is unpunishable. What I am saying is that in this MU(Wario MU) it's one of Diddy's least punishable moves. This is one of the MUs that I really know how to play. I will agree with you that it gets kind of hard in CPs, but unless the CP is brinstar or norfair, you should have no trouble beating wario. I would also like to mention that when you play a Wario who knows how to use bananas, a diddy that uses less bananas will be as effective or slightly more effective(in certain situations) than a diddy kong who uses more bananas. This is because Wario is a character who can really use those bananas against us and can easily punish us for pulling them out at the wrong time.

happytif

Smash Cadet
Just get the advantage and play safe, punishing his attempts to get the upper hand...

Player-3

Smash Hero
deakr stop ninja editing my posts

***gut i knew you were ghay cuz u pleyed diddy kong but wtf man thats just super homo

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
getting the lead vs. wario.

not hard.

lol.

In all seriousness though it's pretty difficult and Jebus, there really isn't one overall strategy or solution that makes the Wario match-up easier. B-air is a good move to use, bananas are great, d-throwing tires is great, and counterpick Yoshi's. I'm bad at giving overall advice because I usually just try to punish my opponent's habits and don't really think of it as me vs. Wario in this match-up. I play against Krystedez quite a bit at each tourney I go to.

Wario's bite is really dumb when used well, and Krystedez is really good from following up from low percent grabs or bites. I probably just need more overall Wario experience to learn all my options of getting out of things, but dang he'll take like 35% off of a bite just by reading me.

IMO, Wario has the advantage but it's slight. Also, Diddy vs. Marth is IMO even, if a character has a slight advantage in the match-up it's probably not enough to change it from being realistically even.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Wario is probably my personal best MU, but I still think it's wario's favor slightly 55-45 overall. Some stages it's definitely even though.

Marth Vs Diddy I also think is 55-45, neither of which I feel like explaining because i just got home from 13 hours of band camp and i'm very tired =/

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
getting the lead vs. wario.

not hard.

lol.

In all seriousness though it's pretty difficult and Jebus, there really isn't one overall strategy or solution that makes the Wario match-up easier. B-air is a good move to use, bananas are great, d-throwing tires is great, and counterpick Yoshi's. I'm bad at giving overall advice because I usually just try to punish my opponent's habits and don't really think of it as me vs. Wario in this match-up. I play against Krystedez quite a bit at each tourney I go to.

Wario's bite is really dumb when used well, and Krystedez is really good from following up from low percent grabs or bites. I probably just need more overall Wario experience to learn all my options of getting out of things, but dang he'll take like 35% off of a bite just by reading me.

IMO, Wario has the advantage but it's slight. Also, Diddy vs. Marth is IMO even, if a character has a slight advantage in the match-up it's probably not enough to change it from being realistically even.
Next time you play him, try to get the lead(even if it's only like 5%). Then just turn around and start short hopping. Fast falling Bair him if he gets close to yo but make sure it's spaced properly. He might start baiting you so mix it up by grabbing him or using monkey flip when he walks up to you. Just don't get too predictable. This strategy is great because it frustrates Wario players.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
This is krystedez tho man...that particular wario is VERY talented...I dont think bair camping will do it

Gnes

Smash Master
If Wario runs and PS's your bair, your situation is now reversed. He now has the upper hand. Im not even gonna mention going above it. Idk how many grabs ur getting on wario without naners...cuz frankly they shouldnt be happening unless wario is making a HORRIBLE spacing mistake.

Like i cant even fathom being able to consistently grab wario without naners.

Theres so many things wrong with this "theory" of yours. Some chrs. can wall wario successfully with aerials in the way u are saying(peach/mk/D3). Diddy is not one of them.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with most of these matchups. especially marth being a 45-55 matchup and falco not being 50-50.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
those matchups werrrreeee discussed last year i agree with the falco part tho

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Can we update some of these matches? and what about ROB?

I'm tired of losing to stingers :(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
sure we can rediscuss some serious matchups. and rob shouldnt be too bad. just get that lead ;)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea im sad to hear more and more Diddys getting wrecked by mks, and i dont want us to fall behind in the metagame, cause apparently mks have found out diddy pretty hard lol.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
apparently? lol we have quite a linear recovery bro.
it works like this

we have one mid-air jump (option of choosing an aerial), side-b, reverse peanut charge, up-b

mk has, 5 mid-air jumps (option of choosing an aerial), tornado, dimensional cape and side b with each jump determining further recovery mixup. meaning mk should always recover.

diddy however compared to mk is limited offstage in which, mk can literally go off stage against diddy without a problem. diddy has to watch what the mk will do. thing is tho, we dont have that much time off stage before we are forced to recover. a good read from mk means u WILL die. he can just stay airborne until we do something first, he doesnt truly have to rush the gimp :\ all he need is to see that predictible side-b or that fair we all like.

ugh i need help recoverin against this ****

Top Bottom