• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong's Barrels of Matchups~ [MAIN INDEX]

Variable

Smash Ace
My Diddy is intermediate at best, so I can put in some discussion but I'm not an expert. I'm down to discuss any of the cast.

VonDarkmoon

Smash Apprentice
when will the current match-ups be closed? i haven't seen any updates on either thread in quite a while. have we come up with a decision on either of them?

AfroChimp

Smash Cadet
da ****?, jiggs diddy is not neutral lol, jiggs gets *****, the diddy just better not jump off stage and get greedy. if u just hold a banana and stand there, what is jiggs gonna do..............?, nothing

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if u just hold a banana and stand there, what is jiggs gonna do..............?, nothing
yup , exactly which means both of u are doing nothing aka both of u are not doing damge/% to eachother aka neutral matchup...:troll:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Seriously, just delete the Jigglypuff MU stuff from there, you are embarrassing yourself.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
jigglypuff too easy. every single character is too easy. diddy the best. manup or shaddup

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You people are funny: Puff is in da air, Puff wins.
Except Diddy can perform aerial nannercombos too, not so good, but a fair will kill puff early, it's too good.
And MK is even more aerial than puff and yet it's still even. HA

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I think we should consider doing what the donkey kong boards and numerous others have done. Everyone has at least some form of ratios for match-ups, and the dk boards have it in such a way that they at least have the basic points of each match up outlined.

I'm not saying it should replace what we having going on right now, but the game has been out for 3 years and we haven't even gotten match ups done for half of the cast. If we put up the ratios and possibly a few quick pointers about each match, at least we would have some sort of reference when we are being thrown for a loop.

Furthermore, when considering secondary characters, it's useful to have a way of looking at each match up quickly just to see if theirs a character that covers our weaker spots easily. I see no reason why putting up quick ratios would be detrimental to our goal of having in depth match ups for each character, especially considering the gruelingly slow speed at which our match ups are being discussed.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
they look roughly the same but because mk's dtilt has an acute hitbox towards the ground it can poke more easily compared to ours imo

Vega4

Smash Ace
I think we should consider doing what the donkey kong boards and numerous others have done. Everyone has at least some form of ratios for match-ups, and the dk boards have it in such a way that they at least have the basic points of each match up outlined.

I'm not saying it should replace what we having going on right now, but the game has been out for 3 years and we haven't even gotten match ups done for half of the cast. If we put up the ratios and possibly a few quick pointers about each match, at least we would have some sort of reference when we are being thrown for a loop.

Furthermore, when considering secondary characters, it's useful to have a way of looking at each match up quickly just to see if theirs a character that covers our weaker spots easily. I see no reason why putting up quick ratios would be detrimental to our goal of having in depth match ups for each character, especially considering the gruelingly slow speed at which our match ups are being discussed.
+1
Nice idea. It's time to have a complete match-up list, then It can be improved later...

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah I just have to ask what is the thing with Jiggly MU? Diddy ***** Puff without nanners.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
old matchup discussed LONG time ago. we **** everybody so no point anymore lol....=P

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Can we talk about the Wolf match up? I'm having some issues on how to deal against good Wolf players.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
shield-banana. wolf is bad. the only time wolf should get close to beating you is if you're clowning him by trying to kill him with uptilt. like, he's actually awful.

:D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Felix knows the match-up from playing Viviff, one of the top 5 Wolves in the USA. Kid knows what he's talking about.

:059:

tekkie

Smash Master
shield-banana. wolf is bad. the only time wolf should get close to beating you is if you're clowning him by trying to kill him with uptilt. like, he's actually awful.

:D
this could be an actual quote from dekar tbh and he beats me on a regular basis

wolf boards staunchly believe the MU is 50-50 and i'm betting the diddy boards have never heard this before

i guess what i'm trying to say is, bad diddies are fun to ruin but good ones are scary

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
wolf is E tier material, we're lucky if its 85:15 diddy's favor
all you have to do is dtilt and we can't do anything

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey Felix, we played friendlies at Mlg Dc :). You won most matches if I recall correctly.

Wolf vs Diddy is an even matchup.

Top Bottom