• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Tourney Results Thread

Player-1

Smash Legend
the diddy barrel thing isn't a glitch, it just happens when sometimes the knockback isn't that strong, it's weird. I.E., luigi's tornado will make your up b fast fall
I'm pretty sure it's a glitch, I don't think it was meant to be put into the game, same thing with barrel boosting (going up while charging the barrels).

ADHD

Smash Hero
7th in singles out of 50+ ppl i forget the exact amount at Hurricane Metaknight in new jerseyyyyyyyyy

I shoulda placed higher, ****ing rainbow cruise glitch where the up b exploded andWENT DIAGONALLY DOWN instead of just vertically down. ****KKKKKKKKKK lol but good times I improved and I'm going to make it my goal to place top 3? eh i need to work on spacing methinks :lick:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Rainbow Cruise is diddy's best stage
i know i cp'd a mk there and was winning until that up b thing happened, i was trying to hit the little falling boxes so I would fall on the pendelum but for some reason it shot me down at an angle instead of straight down onto the pendelum, pissed me off

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
13th of 118 -_- i need to do better..
OKC Oh Snap tourney.

i banned rainbow cruise all day there. people love norfair now...

ADHD

Smash Hero
13th of 118 -_- i need to do better..
OKC Oh Snap tourney.

i banned rainbow cruise all day there. people love norfair now...
gay stages suck its always either rainbow cruise or brinstar if not norfair is on the cp list. rainbow cruise diddy can do really well on, it's just brinstar that really sucks and you have to go campy and it's just not easy..

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
gay stages suck its always either rainbow cruise or brinstar if not norfair is on the cp list. rainbow cruise diddy can do really well on, it's just brinstar that really sucks and you have to go campy and it's just not easy..
i dont reaaly have a prob w/ brinstar ne more just mainly rainbow ill end up with atleast 1 sd

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Recent Tourney Activity

Le THieN/THieN

-1st out of 40 @ 10/11 Prince Bistro Tournament #1, Flower Mound, TX; $80
-2nd out of 32 @ 11/2 Funhouse SSBB/Soul Calibur 4 #2 Monthly, Tulsa, OK; $60
-3rd out of 112 @ 11/22 OH SNAP! v4.0, Norman, OK; $110
-2nd out of 27 @ 12/7 Funhouse SSBB/Soul Calibur 4 #3 Monthly, Tulsa, OK; $65 (**** my crew-mates!)
-2nd out of 32 @ 1/4/09 Funhouse SSBB/Soul Calibur 4 #4 Monthly, Tulsa, OK; $100
-7th out of 97 @ 1/10/09 Final Smash V: Reunion, San Antonio, TX

Over fifty out-of-staters from both Texas and Kansas made an appearance at OH SNAP! v4.0 this weekend, with several of those players comprising their respective states' most premiere players (Hylian, Sethlon, Dojo, Roy_R, Melee1, etc. on the Texas side; Royal Nynja, Attackstorm, Affinity, etc. on the Kansas side).

This was my first time hosting a major regional tournament. We decided to try an experimental 14-man pool for the day, and ended up with eight pools total. We had exactly 24 full setups at the time, which meant that we could actually assign three TV stations per pool in order to hasten along the process. Needless to say, having a bigger number of players per pool really becomes quite cumbersome regardless of how many televisions you're working with; and 14 people is just way too many people to have sitting around with thumbs up their ***** and to keep track of. I will be making many modifications to the organizational aspect of the tournament by the time OH SNAP v5.0 rolls around in the spring.

Anyway, some finer tidbits about my pools and brackets competition:

Brackets seeding took the top six players from each pool. I finished first place in my pool with a record of 25-1 (26 is the maximum number of points). In brackets, I went up against Affinity, Mr. 3000, Melee1 (two times), d4ba, T-Rex, and Foursaken before finally being eliminated from the tournament by Roy_R. I housed most of Houston during the course of this weekend, and Roy_R, Hylian and I played Brawl all night long without any sleep the night before the tournament. I taught Roy everything he needed to know about the Diddy Kong match-up, and needless to say I regretted it. =)

For more tournament results, you guys can feel free to mosey on over here.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Le THieN/THieN

-1st out of 40 @ 10/10 Prince Bistro Tournament #1, Flower Mound, TX; $80
-2nd out of 32 @ 11/2 Funhouse SSBB/Soul Calibur 4 Montly, Tulsa, OK; $60
-3rd out of 112 @ 11/22 OH SNAP! v4.0, Norman, OK; $110

Over fifty out-of-staters from both Texas and Kansas made an appearance at OH SNAP! v4.0 this weekend, with several of those players comprising their respective states' most premiere players (Hylian, Sethlon, Dojo, Roy_R, Melee1, etc. on the Texas side; Royal Nynja, Attackstorm, Affinity, etc. on the Kansas side).

This was my first time hosting a major regional tournament. We decided to try an experimental 14-man pool for the day, and ended up with eight pools total. We had exactly 24 full setups at the time, which meant that we could actually assign three TV stations per pool in order to hasten along the process. Needless to say, having a bigger number of players per pool really becomes quite cumbersome regardless of how many televisions you're working with; and 14 people is just way too many people to have sitting around with thumbs up their ***** and to keep track of. I will be making many modifications to the organizational aspect of the tournament by the time OH SNAP v5.0 rolls around in the spring.

Anyway, some finer tidbits about my pools and brackets competition:

Brackets seeding took the top six players from each pool. I finished first place in my pool with a record of 25-1 (26 is the maximum number of points). In brackets, I went up against Affinity, Mr. 3000, Melee1 (two times), d4ba, T-Rex, and Foursaken before finally being eliminated from the tournament by Roy_R. I housed most of Houston during the course of this weekend, and Roy_R, Hylian and I played Brawl all night long without any sleep the night before the tournament. I taught Roy everything he needed to know about the Diddy Kong match-up, and needless to say I regretted it. =)

For more tournament results, you guys can feel free to mosey on over here.

O.. GAWD.. Can Flip take out RoyR again at the next tourney... Only time can tell...

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
O.. GAWD.. Can Flip take out RoyR again at the next tourney... Only time can tell...
Let's put it this way: Hylian, Roy_R and I started playing around 3:00 AM after our draft crew battles finished at my apartment. Hylian went to bed at 5:30 AM, and I played Roy_R up until 8:00 AM before he finally decided to go to bed. I beat Roy_R five or six times in a row before he started two-stocking the **** out of me (with a couple of three-stock victories in there for good measure) for the next four hours; I only sporadically picked up victories with somewhat close margins throughout this period. I literally exhausted my entire bag of tricks and mind-games during these friendlies, and I just couldn't consistently pull out wins against Roy's superior spacing.

Dolphin Slash > glide-toss follow-ups

Matt Turner

Smash Rookie
Gigabits Brawl Tournament in Orlando, FL - 11/29/08

GDX - 5th out of 43 - with Diddy Kong
Matt Turner - Tied for 13th out of 43 - with Diddy Kong

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

im sorry we had to do diddy dittos in our tourney set. they're so gay..

Advent Lee

Smash Ace

Haha I went to that tourny too, and entered all Diddy Kong. I easily had one of the hardest brackets there >_<

:monkey:

tc1

Smash Lord
TC1:
5th (out of 303) - Axis Gaming West Coast Majors 2008
13th (outa 112) - Bio Brawl In Oakland
7th - YCB Presents: 1st Annual Super Smashapalooza!
3rd - Brawlin' @ da Grapevine IV
2nd - Brawlin'@ da Grapevine
3rd - Yuba City Monthly 1/21
3rd - Tag Monthly XIV
3rd - Tag Monthly XV
2nd - Davis 2nd Brawl Tournament
5th - CGC @ SFSU
7th - TC's Tourney
4th - Tag Monthly XII
3rd - Enders Game 8
1st - Play n Trade Tournament (Rancho Cordova)
1st - Gamecrazy 2nd SSBB Tournament (Rancho Cordova)
1st - Cordova High 1st Annual SSBB Tournament (lol school for teh win mwahah free munnies)

There are many other tournament placing but there all pretty outdated soooOOoo.. ya

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
TC1:
5th (out of 303) - Axis Gaming West Coast Majors 2008
13th (outa 112) - Bio Brawl In Oakland
7th - YCB Presents: 1st Annual Super Smashapalooza!
3rd - Brawlin' @ da Grapevine IV
2nd - Brawlin'@ da Grapevine
3rd - Yuba City Monthly 1/21
3rd - Tag Monthly XIV
3rd - Tag Monthly XV
2nd - Davis 2nd Brawl Tournament
5th - CGC @ SFSU
7th - TC's Tourney
4th - Tag Monthly XII
3rd - Enders Game 8
1st - Play n Trade Tournament (Rancho Cordova)
1st - Gamecrazy 2nd SSBB Tournament (Rancho Cordova)
1st - Cordova High 1st Annual SSBB Tournament (lol school for teh win mwahah free munnies)

There are many other tournament placing but there all pretty outdated soooOOoo.. ya
..what?!?

its the first time i ever see tc1 post, and it turns out he has over 1000? where are the others? :laugh:

seriously though, do you have any dates with these tourneys, and/or out of how many total peoples?

tc1

Smash Lord
..what?!?

its the first time i ever see tc1 post, and it turns out he has over 1000? where are the others? :laugh:

seriously though, do you have any dates with these tourneys, and/or out of how many total peoples?

i playd melee unlike mass other brawl ppl lol.. and yea but im hellaaaaa ****ing lazy ill just get tha dates of the big ones and the aprox ammnt of ppl.. gimme a bit

TreK

Is "that guy"
the result has just been released on AiB : 25th of 41 at SSB Europe 2 (wifi)
I lost to willz, a british wolf, and d4e, a french DK. His DK is a beast to me o.o
lol lame, i known i was something like 20th but i though there was 80 people xD

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm going to the Tomball Monthlies on Jan. 3rd. Hopefully I can place high again

Revven

FrankerZ
Test your Might III
34 Entrants
1. Lain (Ice Climbers, D3)($198.00)
2. Omniswell (Ice Climbers, Metaknight)($99.00)
3. Shugo Senpai (Sonic)($33.00)
4. King Chaos(Samus, Rob)
5. NOJ(GnW)
5.Bowyer(MK)
7. Falco400 (Diddy, Wolf, Donkey kong)
7. JoeS (Snake, Metaknight)
9. Sago
9. Beegs Jonas
9. L
9. SciFiGuy
13. JonS

I didn't use Diddy 100% of the time but, I did use him when necessary (like if DK or Wolf couldn't handle it).

7th isn't terrible, I had no experience against ICs though so I couldn't do ****.

Edit: Rest of the results here

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
welll....
GrunJ:

10th(?) of 34 12/27 @ Play N Trade
:D it's a start to a hopefully ever growing list!

How would I go about finding tournys in my area, aside from word of mouth?

fZk

Smash Lord
fZk:

My last two tournies

9th out of 18 @ La Liga Week 3, 12/19/08

9th out of 30 @ La Liga Week 5, 3/1/09

Got one next week, lets see if I can do better.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I came in 1st with Diddy Kong =)

1st out of 41 @ 1/10/09 Play n Trade Aurora Illinois $246

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Everyone should submit their results to Ankoku's list if they haven't already.

My tournament history
25/70 at a C3 in April
3/68 at Season Beatings III singles
2/30 at Season Beatings III AllBrawl
9/32 at November MWC event in singles
5/16 in teams at November MWC event
2/18 at Lancaster Landmaster in singles
1/8 at Lancaster Landmaster in teams
13/72 at Critical Hit 4.5 in singles
7/35 at Critical Hit 4.5 in teams
5/25 in teams at ChuDat's xmas biweekly (1st in crew battle, no singles)
3/35 at Clowsui's New year's Bash in singles
2/13 at Clowsui's New Year's Bash in teams

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
heres my tournament history

8th/132 Players at Facebook 04/01
2nd/39 Players at Gurnee Mills Cyberarena III 7/13
2nd/16 Players at Gurnee MIlls Cyber Arena IV 7/29
4th/33 Players at Gurnee Mills Cyber Arena V 8/16
5th/143 Players at Facebook 09/01