• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy in teams

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I'm a new Diddy user, and I can't find Diddy on team vids.
I figure it's because the banana game can screw your partner, unless they spend their game air-borne.
I guess Diddy would only be on teams if both team members were completely working well as a machine more than 2 individuals, so are there any Diddy on teams advice and if possible, videos?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dedede is the best partner, he's a KO machine and he has a gimping ability. Think of diddy playing in teams as if diddy were on brinsar against wario. He has to use his good air game as well as limit the ground when wario lands. There's alot of things you have to pay attention to but diddy is so hard to avoid if he is your opponent in teams. Naner game can take up that little space that you're given if you control it right and opponents will really get frustrated.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well soon ill be on teams with a snake player o-o well see how that works out soon xD

our strategy is stage control... my bananas control certain parts of a stage while my friends nades and c4/landmines the rest o-o were gonna be a bundle of joy.

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
Kirby or Pit might be good choices: both have multiple jumps and a good air game. Kirby can spend the whole fight in the air or copy Diddys peanuts, and Pit can reflect or catch (via Wingdash) accidently thrown naners and can add his spam to create a wall in both ground and air. And he can push naners towards the enemy or vice versa with his Up-B. A good Diddypitteam would be a nightmare for the enemy^^

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Anybody with a good aerial game, Ko power, and a decent recovery is a good Diddy partner. Glidetoss helps :p

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Someone that's floaty-ish could do fine. Small characters also do somewhat well with him.

Pika, PT(Squirtle), TL, etc.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Sean and N4n3rz (MK and diddy) seem to do well together. N4n3rz controls the ground and sean stays on the platforms

DUB

Smash Lord
He's not bad in teams. Your partner should preferably be someone with good gimping abilities (MK) or strong KO moves ( DDD, Snake, DK )

Double Kongs ftw

Irsic

Smash Ace
A cliche as it is, I find that DK is an excellent diddy partner, just for his amazing KO abilties, and ability to last. Also, his glide toss is wtf broken.

I detest Final Destination for 2v2. I find that battlefield is much easier to control my bananas, and not have them be stolen from me, which is frustrating as hell in a 2v2, on battlefield, players tend to forget when they're up on the platforms.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
alright ive done some doubles with my snake friend and this is how i found the team to be
-----------
pros:
- extreme stage control
---Grenades, land mines, c4 , mortar, nikita, bananas (creates an awesome edge guard when a patient diddy is waiting on top for an arial combo and an aggressive snake on bottom for extreme ftilt ****)
- good grab combos combined with tripping
---(snake grab > down grab > diddy thrown banana > snake uptilt :3)
- great combos in general
---(snake mortar slide > diddy fair)
-very fast paced
---alot of stuff happening at once all at once o-o

cons:
-snake can kill j00
---just be outside of his ftilt/uptilt range is all/ and all other explosions
-mortar slide
---he will be tempted to so watch it
-lolz.
---u will somehow eventually start laughing hysterically once a match >_< from the funniness of snake+diddy
-very hectic
---explosions going everywhere/ people bouncing everywhere/bananas tripping/keeping track of c4/landmines can create a stressful situation for both opponent and diddy himself
-------------
overall snake+diddy is complete stage rapage. alot of strategy involved and alot of nanner/nade passing involved

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
I think if two people spend long enough teaming, the partnership should work out really well. If the partner can learn to avoid and use bananas just as well you, the diddy main can, then theres no issue. For new partners, it might cause some confusion but not as much as playing against Diddy. After all, the Bananas are so annoying because Diddy is always right there punishing u for every trip. If Diddy is on ur team, it might not hurt too much.

saberhof

Smash Master
That snake combo is very stressful, due to some snake players being very violent, you cannot be near him ever :O...its even more stressfull with granades out there, it hurts my brain and i cant concentrate, sometimes i forget where i am haha xD, so yeah snake + diddy is funny, but ****ed up xD hahah

DFEAR

Smash Hero
That snake combo is very stressful, due to some snake players being very violent, you cannot be near him ever :O...its even more stressfull with granades out there, it hurts my brain and i cant concentrate, sometimes i forget where i am haha xD, so yeah snake + diddy is funny, but ****ed up xD hahah
yea lol i was playing today against two other guys in my neighborhood for friendlies on battlefield and my snake friend puts a fully-powered downsmash land mine underneath the right platform then a c4 on top of it. unaware of where i am he continues his aggressive style against our opponents. i come in to help him out totally forgetting he put a landmind there i explode right meh 20% then all the sudden he instinctively activates the c4 and kills me ARGH >_< just dont mess with snakes mines or hell will kill u by accident lol

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
I realize that theres several Diddy in teams/doubles threads, so I'm reviving this one rather than making a new thread. My input/question:

So me and my partner have teamed up a couple times, not particularly too successful. It seems theres always a MK or Falco on the team we lose to, for whatever reason. This got me thinking.

Is Falco a good partner for Diddy? At first I thought no, but then I realized something. Diddy can throw a banana and Falco can get a super easy laser lock, as long as you can protect falco from the other opponent. Or at least rack up some damage and let diddy charge a nice forward smash. Maybe even get a spike, depending on where the character is being laser locked.

Also, if i recall, Falco has a decent forward glide toss, and given the wierd hit box and decent damage he can pull with his fmash, could be quite useful.

Other possible strengths a Diddy team may have:
-Good Spike capability - Falco close to edge, Diddy out more, typical safe returns from above
-If Diddy is works well/communicates with partner Falco, Falco can reflect a banana thrown to his side of field, and with reflectors wider range than other space animals, makes for easier reflect of a single object.
-Most likely a team with superior projectile pressure.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I don't think Falco can laser lock when the opponent falls like that. From what I've heard, there's a certain position the character has to be in for a laser lock to work. I heard the opponent must fall face first into the ground, and you must laser them when they bounce off the ground...

I could be wrong though

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
Yeah i tried it out today, guess it doesn't work too well. And by too well I mean at all. I guess screw that idea.

My partner plays Zelda sometimes, she has decent smashes that make the target stay there for a period of time. (allowing me to go in for an extra hit, maybe even spike back into another up smash) The problem is, she gets knocked around easily and isn't great in enclosed spaces because she'll tend to hit me as well.

I need a partner to play DK or Snake T_T

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
i like playing with DDD

i rack up the damage, he gets the kill =)
I agree.
Also D3 doesn't die easily and Diddy doesn't hit hard and D3 has good aerials and lots of jumps to avoid slippin on nananas. In 2 v 1 D3's D-throw -> Diddy's naner from other side gets some good damage in.

Diddy + Rob also works well. Rob's glidetoss is awesome and he brings good pressure.

white peachy

Smash Ace
My vote is for DK and Diddy. DK is a master gimper with his stage spikes and so on and has tremendous KO power. Diddy can play controlled and rack % easily, and conserve stocks. IMO this is a really good combination.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
I honestly like Diddy in any team match-up.
The Diddy just has to be really aware of everything going on.

Diddy is good at racking up damage (duh..) and can easily distract anyone.
Diddy can easily help out his teammate due to his agility and large variety of approaches.
Also, a lot of his attacks lead to easy hits for ur teammates.

The only thing to worry about is with 3other players able to hit you, you might die a little too quick so gotta be careful.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ok my snake friend has changed his main to marth and its been working great. basicly we both rack up dmg but marth is the more potent killer i let him in the air and i control the ground. and since marths fair can easily pick up nanners we both control one banana at a time and lol its funny too sometimes cause ill be like its barrel canceling time and tell my friend to throw a banana at me and let the lols roll xD

DUB

Smash Lord
Occasionally I'll play Diddy in teams. I usually play Snake but Diddy is still fine in teams.

He's good in 2v2 because of his ability to isolate. If your partner is fine with your bananas and your playing a match where your partner has a + matchup, you can keep it that way if you control the other player. Diddy's a good saver to. A banana will let your partner get on his feet again and a quick up-air off the stage will save him. Diddy's recovery is good enough to get him back.

Team with someone who's got good killing power or gimping abilities.

D3/Snake/MK are all good options.

Double Kongs ftw.

If your really fearless you'll go double diddy.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Diddy destoys in teams. I consistently give out 500-700 damage and control most of the stage. Usually only get 1-2 KOs though, but that doesn't really matter all things considered.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Double diddy would suck in my opinion...
You might have two really good banana users but with 2 characters having to do 50 more damage than their opponents per life, that's 300 more damage you have to do.
You'd also get in the way of each other's banana combos sense there are 4 nanerz out on the stage

And... what AZ said =)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Double diddy team works well. You just need alot of momentum, otherwise it won't work. Diddy ***** in teams, just control and area and he will do well.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I did friendlies for about an hour with M2K/Neo/Azen, it was me/Azen vs M2K/Neo, and one of the few matches Azen and I won was double Diddy (vs MK/Marth).

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah double diddy is actually pretty beastly as long as both people know how to use diddy. Plus 4 nanners is kinda overwhelming :laugh:
Try 6. Me, my teammate were both diddies, and our opponent had a diddy on the team. Poor, lone game and watch lol. It was pretty awesome i have to say.

tibs7

Smash Champion
diddy i awesome in teams!! i competed 2 days ago with my brother (he was snake) and we came 3rd..
bananas are the key especially when its 2 on 1 diddy owns!

Top Bottom