• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you know!

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
This is awesome find especially for VSing Metaknight, Any light character snake can Dair and make sure you lag the final hit so it doesn't hit your opponent, then they will hit the ground and buffer a neutral jab they will do a forced stand up, any move can be followed up you can even repeat this for a 0% to death and even use an RPG to banish that gay Metaknight to oblivion ^ _ ^ Just fast falling before the final hit, and use the jab, you can even grab them when they force get up. This work against bull characters against snake like MK, Kirby, Olimar, Pikachu, not diddy ignorantly just master infinite bananas against Diddy

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
Also you can do a reverse full hop generade soft throw and before you hit the ground you can do a reverse generade pull out but you hit the ground it still looks cool Hit me up on AIB if you wanna see all my tricks because I know something nobody else here put down

DDRevolution

Smash Rookie
Did anyone know that you are able to sheild drop a generade and then do a full hop Uair while picking up the generade and then still have a short time window to do a second jump and throw the generade anyway you like

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
yes, that is obvious from brawl physics, you can infact do a double jump nair from shield drop grenade with precise timing.

Did you know that Snake is a pretty bad character nowadays and you should really be looking at a getting a good secondary?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
so i just realised something a little embarressing.

pressing down allows you to cancel cypher without airdodging or using an aerial.

lol.

zmx

Smash Lord
Did anyone know that you are able to sheild drop a generade and then do a full hop Uair while picking up the generade and then still have a short time window to do a second jump and throw the generade anyway you like
You can do this with any of Snake's aerials, it doesn't have be Uair.

zmx

Smash Lord
This is awesome find especially for VSing Metaknight, Any light character snake can Dair and make sure you lag the final hit so it doesn't hit your opponent, then they will hit the ground and buffer a neutral jab they will do a forced stand up, any move can be followed up you can even repeat this for a 0% to death and even use an RPG to banish that gay Metaknight to oblivion ^ _ ^ Just fast falling before the final hit, and use the jab, you can even grab them when they force get up. This work against bull characters against snake like MK, Kirby, Olimar, Pikachu, not diddy ignorantly just master infinite bananas against Diddy

RPG is extremely weak at close range when it hasn't had a chance to soar a bit, it'll never kill. Also, if you get them into a jab lock this way as you're suggesting obviously the best way to finish it would be to fsmash.

And Snake can't use any banana infinite on Diddy.......unless you are talking about the one DDD can do and even that probably won't work, snake doesn't have the mobility for it.

I know a ton of snake tricks myself. We should play around and show each other stuff on Wifi sometime. I'm free later today if you're interested.

Attila_

BRoomer
As mentioned before, the Dair thing isn't guaranteed. The chance of knocking an opponent to the ground is like, 10% or something, so don't count on it.

Snake can infinite Diddy with a d3 style infinite, but it's ridiculously hard, to the point where I've never seen a snake pull it off. Practiced it for ages (like 30 hours) and never did more than 50% with it. And that was in training mode.

:phone:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm not sure if this is true, but it appears to me that when your opponent has his back to a wall, F-Tilt's 1st hit is much, much, less likely to trip them. Anyone done any research on this?

True, but its worth keeping in mind. Makes me wonder if SH Uair is better when projectiles on platforms are involved.

Attila_

BRoomer
Tbh I find usmash better when they're above you on a platform.

Most are waiting for something they can shield, but usmash has follow up options. It also ***** spotdodge :D

:phone:

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
spotdodging on a platform is just asking to get killed anyway though lol

what do you think about putting mines on the ground to the bottom left or bottom right of platforms? when I uptilt someone on a platform I'm usually trying to make them edge slip onto one. It doesn't seem to work all the time though

If you want to talk about the best option you need to be aware to which direction they are facing the edge, to know whether or not they will enter the edge slip. You should also take into account the character's fall speed to know whether or not they will be able to tech or not forced to hit the ground. Against characters that have their back to the edge and are right on it and fall fast enough to have no get out options uptilt it your best option. Against the others or when the previous characters are not near the edge and their back is not to it I feel like the best options when opponent is on a platform is the either Nair or sticky them. Each has their + and -. Nair can shield poke well, destroys shield, can push them off ledge and still hit. Sticky goes through shields, major laughs, put the opponent in a panic.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
This thread was a good read. I had forgotten about a ton of stuff I used to do in here before I stopped playing for two years.

If snake gets footsooled during his cypher, you get another up-b. Great for teams and recovering if someone accidentally footstools you during it.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I guess i'll try to add something now. >:D

If yo are recovering through stages like Halbard(Can shark/go through the bottom of it) and you don't think that you won't make it you can bair if you're high enough and still land on the stage. =D

Attila_

BRoomer
i assume so. like i tried to ledge cancel cypher, but then the ledge stopped being a ledge due to the block, so i just fell and couldnt use it again.

O_o

Did you know:
1) someone can throw snake's box up, down, left, or right? Throw his box up, then grab him and wait for it to come back down.
2) you can slide off a ledge during the middle of a light lob and grab the ledge as you fall.
3) you can pull away from the ledge, jump and detonate C4 on the ledge, not getting hurt, then drift back to the ledge to regrab?
4) Uthrow -> Utilt combos on falco if he attempts to jump (and under 10 percent)?
5) you can buffer a platform drop from holding a nade and from an airdodge?
6) you can control how much you slide during the ending lag of an aerial on a slope? Pull towards the top of the slope to slide less and push away from the top of the slope to slide further.
7) Snake cannot full hop onto many platforms about the height of BF lower platforms?
8) you get to keep your jump even if you use cypher first?
9) dash dance -> pivot -> ftilt is beyond broken?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I found that when I couldn't full hop and land on platforms I could if I full hopped a fair. =D Also for the cypher thing do you still get your jump regardless of how you get taken out of cypher? o-o

Do you mean you get tinked a little, but not enough to hit you out of cypher or an attack that knocks you out of cypher?

The latter option certainly. The former I never thought of until now.

Top Bottom