• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you know!

Alright, this thread idea is almost certainly ripped from other boards. The last ditch effort to salvage a dying age.

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to post any random tidbit you can think of related to a competitive Snake. It doesn't matter how obscure it is since everything contributes to a larger Snake compendium. Again, the number one rule is that it has to be related to Snake in brawl in someway. Preferred that you keep the non-competitive stuff out of here.

I have the summer off completely and so I will have plenty of time to try to catalog this stuff with enough contributions. Now without further ado...

Did you know...
1) Snake can decay his own explosives with another of his explosives? Ex. C4 on nade. Or nade on mine.

2) Snake can slide off edges while performing one of his specials?

3) After using Dthrow, Snake can Ftilt Marth out of a forward roll before the roll even goes into invincibility frames?

Underload

Lazy
Snake can lagless platform cancel through the use of the control stick. The only difficult part about this is pinning down the timing. To perform this, you must hold down on the control stick while you jump at a platform. When you're a particular distance under the platform, release the control stick and you'll do a quick landing animation on the platform in the span of a few frames.

This only works on moving platforms, like the Smashville platform and the three platforms on Lylat Cruise.

napZzz

Smash Hero
if only I could contribute to this, will maybe edit later if I think of something

Did you know...
-You can land on your own landmine with a grenade pulled?
-Grenade drop on the ledge requires Marth and MK to nearly sweetspot the ledge with their UpBs or else they get hit.
if only I could contribute to this, will maybe edit later if I think of something
Nappy, I imagine it is not very hard for you to contribute. Nice to know you still lurk this place from time to time.

Mike2

Smash Ace
If you sticky c4 Nana and she dies before you detonate it, when she respawns it'll still be on her.

:phone:

napZzz

Smash Hero
Did you know...
-You can land on your own landmine with a grenade pulled?
-Grenade drop on the ledge requires Marth and MK to nearly sweetspot the ledge with their UpBs or else they get hit.

Nappy, I imagine it is not very hard for you to contribute. Nice to know you still lurk this place from time to time.
I Just dont see as much to contribute to. Idk.

lol heres some whack **** ya'll prolly know

if snake runs and shields onto his downsmash mine, he auto powershields it. Not really useful, but you can look like a badass

you can also detonate the downsmash using the disjointed parts of his utilt. Just to look like a badass

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
And let's not forget WAR's Triple Jump:
Double Jump - drop C4 - Up-B right before touching the ground - explode C4 - jump again.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Snake can lagless platform cancel through the use of the control stick. The only difficult part about this is pinning down the timing. To perform this, you must hold down on the control stick while you jump at a platform. When you're a particular distance under the platform, release the control stick and you'll do a quick landing animation on the platform in the span of a few frames.

This only works on moving platforms, like the Smashville platform and the three platforms on Lylat Cruise.
You can also do this by just tapping down.

If someone attempts to charge a smash attack, Ftilt 1 will pop them into the air (like a jab) instead of flinching along the ground.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Did you know, Snake is an aerial character?

lol, but seriously I might know a few things, not that they are useful.

While you crawl if you dtilt, and then hold diagonally down behind Snake, it buffers a turnaround and Snake will turnaround on the ground and you can now crawl away faster.

You can also detonate a dsmash using the disjointed parts of his ftilt1 as well. Just to look like a badass.

I also know a lot of sneaky/clever places to hide C4's and Mines on various stages. I took snapshots of all the spots I found. I'm going to upload them soon.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
you can also detonate a mine near the edge of a stage with the disjoint from your uair (obviously coming from under).

ledge drop uair can be autocancelled.

fast falling into a slanted platform with using uair (last second timing) makes snake slide down the slope... this allows you to perform a sliding utilt.

snake's uair can trade with gw dair with correct timing.

i like uair.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
Shield dropped nade+smash down throw+roll back+normal nade toss=grenade wall

A ledge hopped uair autocancels

A ledge jumped nair autocancels

A normal grenade toss will put nades sitting right on the platforms on battlefield

Full hop double bair is too good

Snake continues to slide at full speed after snakedashing on ice

I'll post more if I think of anything else.

-Ran

Smash Master
You can grenade, shield drop, plant land mine, jump, and insta-throw the grenade. The random flash I do at times. Haha.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
On moving platforms you can Shield drop a grenade drop down and AirDodge so fast you will land on the same platform and grab the grenade.

Mike2

Smash Ace

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If you throw an uncooked grenade, & then shield drop, & pick up another one you can then wait for the other one to blow up before you throw your own. When I do this it usually can go from one side of the stage to the other before blowing up.(Could be wrong or just something obvious though o-o)

Full hop double bair is too good
Lol I love this because it seems no one ever expects that second bair.

Link's boomerang will whisk away grenades.
Nair cancel(actually idk what's going on here. i've done it on bf tho)
http://youtu.be/jP_C1Rna9gM
I have done this a number of times as well. I recall even doing it with Link's Dair.
I am pretty sure this is like melee where if you perform an aerial and slide off the ledge during the landing lag, it cancels the ending lag. Harder in brawl, but I think it is still there.

Attila_

BRoomer
nair cancels cause snake slides off the edge of the platform when he's doing it; any aerial can cancel like that.

the diddy infinite is something i practiced heaps at the start of the year... i think it just might be impossible to pull off. so outrageously difficult.

running utilt and true pivoting wouldn't be so useful, given how slow our dash startup and foxtrot is. but hey, you can try.

on a side note, snake will slip on a banana if he utilts through a platform that it is on, despite being under it. this also happens with jab in some instances on lylat, also (iirc).

Mike2

Smash Ace
on a side note, snake will slip on a banana if he utilts through a platform that it is on, despite being under it. this also happens with jab in some instances on lylat, also (iirc).
yea that's happened to me. it's so booty lol

utilt can also get shield grabbed while somebody is on top of the platform and you are under it

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
i like to pull grenade>jump>soft throw>2ndjump>normal throw 2nd grenade>DI to first grenade and instant throw

seems to throw ppl off pretty often

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Did you know, Snake is an aerial character?

lol, but seriously I might know a few things, not that they are useful.

While you crawl if you dtilt, and then hold diagonally down behind Snake, it buffers a turnaround and Snake will turnaround on the ground and you can now crawl away faster.

You can also detonate a dsmash using the disjointed parts of his ftilt1 as well. Just to look like a badass.

I also know a lot of sneaky/clever places to hide C4's and Mines on various stages. I took snapshots of all the spots I found. I'm going to upload them soon.
/waitingfordis

Attila_

BRoomer
you can autocancel full hop nair by jumping on a higher part and landing on a slightly lower part of the stage. this includes (but is not limited to) middle of yi and the middle of halberd.

catches heaps of people offguard.

If you time your dash attack right, you can hit Ike out of his UpB. The timing is just after the sword goes flying up and ike rushes up towards it.

Using Utilt on an air released wario hits only with the weak part of the attack.

Attila_

BRoomer
jumping into ike's up special with cypher will knock both of you out of your attacks, except it gives snake frame advantage (ie free bair)

The social keeps giving me stuff I had forgotten.

Did you know...
If you are standing above your C4, and you do a rising detonation of it from a full hop, snake will not get caught in the explosion.

On jungle japes, if you ground release fox from the central stage projection, he will fall into the water no matter what.

susa used to say the timing was within a 3 frame window. plenty of time.
But, there is always some sort of stupid platform to mess up air releases. At least, I do not mind playing FD against a Falco because of this.

Also, snake forces air releases on everyone (no exceptions), and likewise by mashing pummels, you can force ground releases.

I suck though :p Also, Snake can crouch under a lot of Ganon's moves, wiz kick and choke included.
Do you mean this post?
From my testing, crouching enables Snake to avoid nearly half of Ganons moveset or at least make most of it unviable. First off, ganons grab animation is not low enough to grab snake in a crouch, even a dash grab.

Second, all of ganons aerials will not hit snake in a crouch. Even fast fallen ones. The only exception to this is Dair. But, in order for Dair to work it needs to hit the ground. A rising SH Dair doesn't hit Snake in a crouch. That means Dair will have a lot of lag upon trying to hit snake.

The next bit of the moveset that misses Snake in a crouch are ganons specials. Warlock Punch/Kick don't hit snake in a crouch. UpB and SideB will however.Warlock kick hits snake when done from the air. SideB is a bit unviable for Ganon in the first place since pretty much one can spotdodge it on reaction.

Of ganon's other moves, Ftilt, Jab, and Dsmash will not hit Snake in a crouch. (Utilt would, but seriously, punish it's start-up lag duh) Nor will fsmash angled up and sometimes horizontal (for some reason snake's hurtbox moves up and down when he crawls, crouching still he woudn't be hit).
There was a list of crouchable projectiles somewhere by havokk I thought.
From what I recall, you cannot crouch wolf's laser, shiek's needles and lucas/ness' PK fire.

Top Bottom