• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Did you know!

Alright, I found my own random thing that has probably already been known.

The 2nd hit of Snake's Ftilt can detonate a mine on a lower BF platform from underneath it and not get hurt.

Oh, also snake apparently is one of the few who can do a dash crawl or whatever it is called. You jump on a slope going downwards and start a backwards crawl when you land. It gives you a decent boost backwards if you do it right. About double his max glide toss range.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Can't snake utilt, & dtilt those as well without getting hurt? While they're on the same level I mean. also if he can does that make them stale at all? o-o

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me, you can directly go from DA to crawl, can help you close distance on Falco or someone like him

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
The 2nd hit of Snake's Ftilt can detonate a mine on a lower BF platform from underneath it and not get hurt.

Oh, also snake apparently is one of the few who can do a dash crawl or whatever it is called. You jump on a slope going downwards and start a backwards crawl when you land. It gives you a decent boost backwards if you do it right. About double his max glide toss range.
Didn't know the first one. Want to try.

The second... Which slopes? I know Ff uair on the rock trans of ps1 (metal platform slope) leads to a broken sliding utilt :D

:phone:

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
You can do the same chaingrab on MK that you can do on falco, however MK will do a Uair, you'll still grab him, but take damage iirc. If you're going to learn the one on Falco, might as well learn both, the first time you use it the MK might not know wtf to do.

lightvash

Smash Cadet
You can do the same chaingrab on MK that you can do on falco, however MK will do a Uair, you'll still grab him, but take damage iirc. If you're going to learn the one on Falco, might as well learn both, the first time you use it the MK might not know wtf to do.
it's really hard to do it on mk.

Attila_

BRoomer
I dO believe its frame perfect in mk.

Also, when Diddy kong is lying down after an dthrow or missed fair, incorrectly spaced ftilt will go over him.

:phone:

Attila_

BRoomer
if mk tries to sideB at the ledge, a perfectly timed ledge grab will outlast the hitbox of the sideB. drop a nade on the ledge before doing this and he'll blow it up, if he aims too low, he'll die.

if he downBs, grab the ledge, punish with ledge hop uair.

actually did this quite a bit today. should get some videos of it working wonders at some point.

lightvash

Smash Cadet
you can plant a mine, sh c4, then jump again to blow up the c4 and the mine will still be there. people usually think the mine is gone and walk into it later on

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
No Ralph if you do it fast enough you can make the C4 explode but the mine will go active AFTER the C4 explodes meaning it will still be there and people sometimes will get confused and probably walk into it

lightvash

Smash Cadet
yep you can also drop grenade->charge dsmash for a bit

the grenade will blow up but the mine will still be there.

While it is probably rather useless, Ran's comments about aerials makes me wonder if you can do the same with his other specials maybe even a landmine. Something to test out later.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
While it is probably rather useless, Ran's comments about aerials makes me wonder if you can do the same with his other specials maybe even a landmine. Something to test out later.
He can't.

Snake can also Zibble Drop (buffered air dodge drop) out of the beginning of Cypher and C4 detonation with an item. He also can't buffer a second aerial or Zibble Drop after any of his aerials when used to pick up an item.

You can buffer a D tilt by pressing down on the C-stick during landing lag. This is universal but not well known.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Do a very slow walk against the motion of Smashville's platform. You will not move on the platform but you will be walking.

It's not moonwalking but it sure looks like it.

You can run off the stage and chuck things towards the stage and still be able to edgehog.
You can also b-reversal yourself onto the stage from the ledge with a grenade.
While hanging from the ledge into a 2nd jump, you can short toss or normal toss a nade onto the stage and still grab the ledge again.

lightvash

Smash Cadet
you know about velox drop? u can go through a platform with no lag without the grenade. just have to be holding shield and press down at the right time.. it's not snake only but still

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah, maybe someone should post that tutorial thing that Havoc made(May have gotten his name wrong, but still). I think that'd cover alot.

UL should have never have called it that. It's not even that useful. Should have been "nade drop" or "grenade drop" or something like that. Makes more sense to name it after what you actually are doing.

Just to add to it, you can do that particular drop from a full hop on the lower platforms of most stages (ie BF, SV, etc.)
^Same with planting C4 on those sorts of platforms.

-Ran

Smash Master
1) Snake's rapid first jab puts out a hitbox frame 3, and then every 6th frame afterwards. Conversely, Dancing Blade puts out a hitboxes on 4-7, 21-25, 33-37, and 49-54 [ends 92]. This is with harsh penalties for ending the DB, while Snake only has a a return to neutral penalty of 13 frames after a jab.

2) C4 produces a different hitbox when it is stuck on an opponent. This allows Snake to power-shield the explosion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnES-3EQ-E0

3) During Snake's up tilt, his upper torso ducks into the large hitbox in his center body. This prevents him from getting hit from most aerials due to the massiveness of the hitbox protecting his hurtbox.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Ok this may just be news to me(probably is), but I'll just throw it out there in case someone doesn't know like I didn't. You can wall tech and jump just by holding the jump button while you tech. I thought you had to push the control stick up at the moment you tech to get the jump. Which is how I was doing it and made it really hard. I had to DI into the stage then at the right moment push up to get the jump. If I did it too early I would mess up my DI ;-;

This makes c4 recover at high percents --> stage tech jump --> b reverse on to the stage SUPER EASY. This may get you punished hard but I think it has it's place. I usually hate having to cypher after stage teching for obvious reasons. So this is just another option.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
You can Jab ZSS's armor pieces and they'll bounce up and down in front of you. You can pick them up more easily than if you shield.

mofo_

Smash Ace
Did you know:

- That you can explode all of snakes explosives at the same time? (mine,c4,nade,mortar,nikita)
- That you can make your nades invisible? (not effective for competitive play)
- You can dthrow cg on one of the islands in delfino (it works w/ certain chars and it you can last it until the platforms starts to leave )

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Did you know:

- That you can explode all of snakes explosives at the same time? (mine,c4,nade,mortar,nikita)
- That you can make your nades invisible? (not effective for competitive play)
- You can dthrow cg on one of the islands in delfino (it works w/ certain chars and it you can last it until the platforms starts to leave )
- As self proclaimed flashiest snake, yes mofo, I do know that you can make all of them explode at the same time.
- I would love for you to explain how. -_-
- Yes, I'm very well aware of that.

Top Bottom