• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Votecount: 2:10 PM CST 6/12

Rockin (4): KevinM, JeXs, Tom, Mac
Marshy (1): Maven89,
Pythag (2): Kary, Dooplissity,
Ranmaru (2): Gorf, JTB,
JeXs (1): UtopianPoyzin
Maven (4): Ranmaru, Marshy, Ryker; FrozenFlame
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (3): Nabe, Pythag, Rockin,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
a whole lot of nothing for a weak stance
thats my tldr

The only thing that interested me in this entire post was how Ranmaru referred to UP giving the 'correct' answer to one of his question regarding not responding to the early vote on him is an extremely weak reason for a town read. Ran does acknowledge this however and makes me feel a bit better about his interactions with UP than if he just slapped a solid town read on UP and called it a day

The comment about how he plays regardless of alignment is still bad though

------------

Hey guys, I was out of town yesterday so I know I have catch up to do so I'll be slowly going through the thread throughout today. I already saw a few posts directed at me, but I obviously wanted to start with this one

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Honestly, I rather lynched a possible scummy player than to lynch/wagon an inactive. If we feel they're being too inactive, they can be replaced out. Simple as that. I assume the mod is keeping close eye on the inactives.

I wouldn't say Doop is inactive. More like, his only target was on Marshy, and I'd like for him to elaborate his thoughts on other players. Pythag and Mac have been somewhat inactive, but I trust they'll post more content in due time (otherwise they can be replaced out like the others).
I think I remember this stance from Rockin on inactives in the past, but I'm not certain. Someone fact check me.

Side note: In my experience, if they don't get replaced Day 1, then don't expect a replacement to do anything to solve the slot with any degree of certainty.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Slightly concern with the pick of who you think/feel are town. Not because of who they are or the reasoning, but more of the presence that it's there in the first place early on in-game (though I guess that's just 'experienced Marshy' talking).

Are there any people in particular you have a scumleans on and why?
You don't like people getting town read early on in a game?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You don't like people getting town read early on in a game?
I don't mind, but it just feels weird we're getting that early game from him.

Thing is, aside from the slight exchange between him and Doop, I haven't seen anything that stuck out as far as general conversation. I know that, like Pythag, I'll get some more answers from him naturally as the time of Day goes by, as well as the ongoing Days (D2, D3, and onwards). I feel that, from what's been said thus far from him specifically, we get townleans from him as well as a Null from one person. All of them are understandable and have reasons. The thing is, I don't recall hearing a particular stance on who he finds suspicious or scummy, which is why I'm a bit concern that we hear townleans first, and scum possibly second to none. It's one thing to say that you like a person's words or stances in the topic. it's another to say you have a townlean on them (to me, at least).

I know he said he isn't going to list every person in regards of how he views them, which is why I'm more curious to see who he got a scumlean on.

Maven89

Smash Master
I’ve been working, got home yesterday around 8;30pm, I should be home today around 6 so I can contribute

Aka I got my prod and I’m working on it

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame Have I missed a read on JTB for you or am I asking you for one?
Nah you didnt miss a JTB read, and if you asked for one earlier I missed it so if I did my b

JTB is in my "can die" pile but dont have any kind of strong read. Just skimmed all his posts and like what has he given us? A grand total of two reads, one null and one townlean, and a townlean with hedging language like "I cant believe Im townreading this slot so early?! lolteehee"? Other than that I just see a lot of criticizing other slots and asking halfassed questions. So yeah, this slot can go.

Liking marshys most recent reads post. Macs analysis of the ran wagon rings true to me. Probably a wagon worth unpacking a bit, I definitely share the sentiment that Ran was opportunist bait. Probably scum among those trying to steer attention in that direction.

If we'd rather just replace maven instead of doing the inactive wagon dance Im fine with swapping to anyone on my "can die" list

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Liking marshys most recent reads post. Macs analysis of the ran wagon rings true to me. Probably a wagon worth unpacking a bit, I definitely share the sentiment that Ran was opportunist bait. Probably scum among those trying to steer attention in that direction.
Thing is, I've been following the wagons because I want MORE VOTES (tm). Ran was at 2 for a loooooong time before I felt it was opportunistic to be there. I think the only time that I could call it opportunistic would be after this whole Ran/Tom thing. I'm honestly surprised by all of the people who come out of it going "yeah, Tom's town." I saw that as someone who was looking to stir ****, but hadn't really given me much. He actively wanted to sidestep Ran (I did to, that's not a condemnation), and my thoughts were basically to watch the slot and see if it starts contributing when things get really going.

However, there were like 4 or 5 people who all came out of that with "Hmm, this reads SvT" or "Tom's my boy and Ran lookin kinda sketch."

I don't really like the way this situation came out.

Talk to me about Gorf, his read on Ran, and the later vote on Maven and what you take from it.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
uh I'm failing to see how this even remotely scummy - is it THAT weird that ranmaru misread pythag? why would scum wanna fake something like this
I don't think missing someone finish a post in and of itself is scummy, but it's complimentary of the notion that his scumhunting feels disingenuous dude. Like, if I put myself in Ran's shoes and I felt like I needed to see the rest of Pythag's post to read it, I can buy the reality where I voice that and don't see his second post. I don't know how much I buy the reality where I'm posting again, after noticing more posts have been posted since my initial post (especially with Pythag's #173), and still miss it if I actually care about the push I'm making man. It's not, like, a cornerstone to the building of my weariness, but it helps my inner spirit be at peace with the reality of Ran being a ****ing narc. You know what I'm saying, man?

despite you having posted a lot and having pushed ran scum heavily, this is the first post that seems liek it has real substance. and i'm not even fully sure what you're going for with it, are you expressing suspicion of Doop? And if so how did it compare to your ran read at the time?
Yeeeeeeea brother!

Aside from Marshy fosing Doop, there was no real steam built on exploring him at the time, and I wasn't vibing with how that all played out. Doop gave a bogus reason for voting marshy based on his opening, marshy voiced concern about it, and Doop started to fire back on marshy being non committal over it. I thought that smelled pretty gnarly (but in like a bad way, not like a "totally gnarly dude! way), and I wanted to see where it went. If I had to put an order to my reads at the time, I'd say Ran was a #1 and Doop was a #2.

just to clarify, was your initial reason scumread of ranmaru because of his "pressuring a new player" and everything you mention here just reinforced that initial read? also your last paragraph seems to imply you expect town ranmary to be hyper and ask a ton of questions, but that also kinda seems like the issue you and others had with him initially
Nah man. It's a bit more cerebral than that.

I fully expect Ran to ask questions like he's a freakin turret gun too early in the game. But, like, early on, he wasn't doing that man. Poyzin was like the only person he was really bombarding with questions, and outside of that, there wasn't much in the way of that. Questions here and there, sure. But not to any sort of degree of insistence that he had with Poyzin. Obviously it'd be different because he says that tactic is for the new blood, but the Ran I know is like a badly trained puppy. He would still jump at, like, any opportunity to annoy people with questions that didn't make much sense and force me to dissect his intent. That led me to read the Poyzin questioning as, like, a trap he can use to put Poyzin down that spiral a bunch of new guardians of the peace fall into. But it didn't work, and he stopped. Can he have done that as town? Definitely. But the lack of drive around that push at the time leads me to think otherwise. And it's not like there weren't other people in the thread in the first night for him to do it.

At this point he's been called out on doing that and now he's in a form I recognize more, but it's hard for me to just put down the scum vibes when the thread explicitly told him what they expected, he acknowledged it, then changed. At this point I don't wanna restrict my vision super hard, but I still don't like the vibe he's giving out.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
if anything, some of his pointless questioning of Uto read as ranmaru town, but question for you: do you always find it scummy when someone asks about a players scum meta?
Not always scummy, depends on the context. If anything, it prompts me to look deeper into the player slot.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
My confidence on Maven is due to his meta more than anything, alongside his vote on Marshy and lack of follow up.
what meta are you referring to in which you are able to read him as scum with only 6 words posted?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So I meant to post something last night but I was so ****in tired I passed tf out while reading lmao

Ran definitely seems "anxious" but not sure if thats scum anxiety or just general defensiveness. Either way dont think hes really the play right now, fine keeping him around

Kevin is looking better by the page, was having a hard time getting a read early on but his comments re: Tom v Ran and asking ran where he looks next if tom sumflips shows me the gears are actually turning and he's trying to get reads based on what people are thinking a few ply ahead

I get TvS vibes from the tom v ran interaction as well but nothing I can quite put my finger on. Interested to see how they end up reading each other closer to day end

I thinker Ryker scum means Ran scum but not necessarily the other way around. Ryker essentially saying that we dont need to worry about pressuring ran to get a read because Ran will essentially reveal himself over time, though I agree with, seems like a way to create distance from ran and justify not needing to put effort into reading him. Kind of like a deflection technique to absolve himself of needing to actually do any unpacking of early Ran play. Dont really think either is the play atm tho, just something Ill have my eye on. I lean town on ryker atm but I guess Im a bit paranoid about it and this is my way of checking myself

Honestly cant tell if Rockins moaning about the length of the thread and how "brutal" the catchup was is genuine. Seems exaggerated imo but iirc rockin did have a penchant for being a little dramatic. Definitely more willing to push in his direction now than I was before

Maven is definitely too quiet, and although I dont feel any better about jex Im not seeing much additional interest in him for now so to the backburner he goes

Unvote: Jexs
Vote: Maven
yikes

what does an inactive maven vote do for you here when you have say you have suspicion on active slots?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
JeXs JeXs do you have any thoughts on the people currently voting Maven?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If no one else has asked, what is his meta?
what meta are you referring to in which you are able to read him as scum with only 6 words posted?
It's a ***** to find these nowadays, especially since Maven isn't in the archive. (Someone should update that) Basically, Maven has a tendency to lurk as mafia, I'm not sure it's commonly known but he does it more so than his town games. (I have misread his town games when he lurked too) After seeing his vote on Marshy, and a reasoning that I couldn't really see, and no follow up, I realized he actually may be scum here, and I thought wagoning him would be of utmost importance. Now in his town game, rarely I see him do this but in this particular one, he was obvious town, and actually finding mafia earlier than anyone else. (A wall post, but a good wall post calling people out) So this is why I'm running him up with only little posts to read him by. If it weren't for his meta, I would not be running him up nor would I pay too much mind to his post, I would still think of him as more of a question mark as I said in my original reads.

Mafia Maven: Gun Mini Game
Mafia Maven: Death Note Mafia
Town Maven: Crossover Mafia

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I did like Frozenflame voting Jex at the time, but the reason why I did not join, was because I wanted to try to get people to join me on Tom instead first. I was feeling more confident about that one then Jex, and that's why I said I liked my vote better than Pythag or Maven. I am curious why you say you hate that so much. Now the reason why I vote him before a reads list, is because I wanted to show what I was thinking in real time, I like to post gut stances if I have them early on. Again, I didn't feel like I was personally attacked and I'll even quote what I said:
side note: not a fan of how bolded is worded. Seems Ran was looking for pressure on Tom instead of going for the lynch after his "gut scum read" stated previously

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would generally think you'd want people to join you on your most confident scum read. That's what I was saying there. I wasn't going for only pressure as opposed to lynching him, but now I feel less confident about Tom after he clarified his meaning. (Also after re-reading him)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
G Gorf I'm claiming vig, do you have an issue with me shooting Tom right now?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
not sure how that happened but okay lmao

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I would generally think you'd want people to join you on your most confident scum read. That's what I was saying there. I wasn't going for only pressure as opposed to lynching him, but now I feel less confident about Tom after he clarified his meaning. (Also after re-reading him)
i c

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you could shoot Maven that would be cool.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you could shoot Maven that would be cool.
Alright, I'll indulge you a bit.

What immediate info do you get out of a townMaven or scumMaven if he died right now?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Gotta take off but should be back later tonight to keep going. Interesting stuff happening in this game so far.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ryker for constantly trying to push the game/town in a direction where everybody is giving stances and held accountable.
I have the opposite opinion, I think Ryker is coasting right now. In fact he says as much in #376 "Just waiting".

So please elaborate on what makes you think he is pushing the town in the right direction.

Also if you have time, what's your opinion on Doops right now?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're right. Not much. There would be some, but since he hasn't said much, nothing yet. I'm fine with him posting content and I'm glad he hasn't actually replaced out because he does need to explain his vote. Then I'd be fine with him dying, because I'm that confident that he's scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I have the opposite opinion, I think Ryker is coasting right now. In fact he says as much in #376 "Just waiting".

So please elaborate on what makes you think he is pushing the town in the right direction.

Also if you have time, what's your opinion on Doops right now?
You got it, actually. I am coasting for the most part. I've poked a little and I WANT people to vote for things, but I'm not doing much other than railing that I want more people closer to L-2.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Speaaaaaaaking of which, if you're vote is not currently making at least 3 on a wagon, can I get some hardcore campaigning or a vote switch?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker, what's your current read of Marshy and FrozenFlame? (Update me if I already asked you this)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Since I got ninja'd by Kary, all those @'s are in reference to 515. Where people put their money is way, way, waaaaaaaay more valuable when there's some skin in the game. You don't get that when wagons are piddling around at 1-2 votes.

We are most likely to consolidate on someone who has votes on them at the end of the day if no strong reason is presented. If the latter happens, great, if not, be in a place that effects where we consolidate. Don't ***** out on me. Let me see where we don't like as this game evolves.

Non-factor voters should be put to the sword.

Top Bottom