• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DGames Summer Mafia Bash - Day 2 Begins. Deadline Day 2 begins - Deadline 8:00 A.M. CST Monday 6/24

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ryker, what's your current read of Marshy and FrozenFlame? (Update me if I already asked you this)
Neither of them are that big a read, but I kinda like FF. In general, I see him trying to get to the bottom of things and he's the number one player I want to talk to the most because I think he's the one I'm most likely to be able to sort my read on by playing with in real time (save maybe UP).

Marshy, I will elect not to comment on until after he responds to Kary (so I can OMGUS him if he backs out on me, obviously).

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I have the opposite opinion, I think Ryker is coasting right now. In fact he says as much in #376 "Just waiting".

So please elaborate on what makes you think he is pushing the town in the right direction.

Also if you have time, what's your opinion on Doops right now?
will do after im done eating

but quick questions for you cuz i understand its late your time

with him having probably the most posts of any player, is it unreasonable to see him as a proactive slot? if ryker is "coasting," is that problematic and if so what would/should you expect him to b doing instead in this gamestate?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If I were to offer an opinion, Maven being completely inactive is a null tell in terms of meta. In my experience the dude is just busy a lot of the time.
I'm kind of surprised how often Maven's name has been thrown around given Nabe's complete lack of content.
But I'm confident in reading both of them provided they actually post a reasonable amount. And we should replace them if not.

I'm not a fan of the way Pythag started this game and I'm content for my vote to remain there for the time being.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marshy, I'll get back to you on that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
with him having probably the most posts of any player, is it unreasonable to see him as a proactive slot? if ryker is "coasting," is that problematic and if so what would/should you expect him to b doing instead in this gamestate?
Yes. There's a difference between 'active' and 'proactive'.

I think you should elaborate on Ryker before I do.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh man, so there's me, Ran, Kary, Marshy and 3 more users online right now.

Everyone waiting. I just want more posts.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
finally home. Finally not phone posting/reading

Pythag Pythag why are you sweating my vote on you?

What do you think of Ranmaru voting for you?
I'm not. I also just read your recent posts. Not a fan of how I started. Me neither tbh.

I'll answer the second question below since Mac asked something similar.

i feel this sentiment

correct me if im wrong, but this sounds like you think Ranmaru pushing you for not giving an opinion on Uto is invalid doesn't have merit? Am i right? And if so, how does that make you feel about Ran?

Also after Utopian's response and additional context, does that make you feel better about that slot?
You're correct Mac.

If I'm criticized for my slow vote, I would criticize him for his quick one, I thought it was a really weak argument, which is why I used the grasping at straws thing.

I mentioned something I find scummy, but I also failed to look at the context and see that it was literally the question he was asked. Like I said, egg on my face. His (UP)'s response was straight forward. I'm cool with it. Gorf also helped me see the light.

From my reread and reading onwards, Ran is being like...proactively (aggressively?) reactionary? That's maybe the best way I can describe it.

He wants to know what you think before you even have posted anything, I would assume so he can debate that.
Especially with the interaction between Tom, UP, and now the rest of the group ("what do you think about me? what do you think about me?") It strikes me as weird. To put it in a illustration : Ran is a lot of heat, without a lot of light. Is it scummy? ehhh, kinda? idk exactly. It's certainly strange.

Ran M. Ru V. Tom T. Cat (2019) = Ran is scummier than Tom, but there's ofc possibility for T v T.

FF doesn't like Jex for his eagerness to wagon with Kevin.
I feel by that reasoning FF should find Kevin suspicious, yet in his most recent post he says Kevin's looking better and better. That strikes me as a hypocritical in a way.

Gorf : I like your reasoning maaaaaaaan

Marshy vs Doop, Marshy wins, It seems that FF backs this up

It's a ***** to find these nowadays, especially since Maven isn't in the archive. (Someone should update that) Basically, Maven has a tendency to lurk as mafia, I'm not sure it's commonly known but he does it more so than his town games.
The previous game I was in with him he also lurked a lot, and he was town. (he also replaced in) FWIW.

Maven, Nabe and Rockin have posted little (pot calling the kettle, i know. At least y'all were told I was away!)

I have no read on Ryker, but I like his recent post about putting skin in the game.

Vote : Maven

part of this is hitching my vote to Gorf, part of it is that while I find Ran weird, I can't immediately put my finger down on if it's scummy or not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Good vote. I do like to ask about myself if a person voted for me and hadn't said anything about my own slot in some time. I'm not the only slot I ask about. I do know people don't like a person asking about themselves but I actually find it a good tool to understand the person's motivations as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
On the topic of asking about myself, what's your updated read on myself, Ryker?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Catching up, un momento

(save maybe UP).
I live to serve

Also I own Ranmaru a Ran v Tom analysis because for some reason they got into a conflict and wants everybody's opinion on the conflict they were in or something? I'm honestly lost on the motive for asking everybody what they thought about the conflict unless it was to try to draw attention to Tom, but I said I was going to comment so I'll comment.

Kary, JTB, and Ryker: will get to you all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
At this time he clarified things to me and I'm null on him at the moment, so I'm not interested in it anymore. You can still do it if you want.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
On the topic of asking about myself, what's your updated read on myself, Ryker?
Fine. I don't have a strong read on you. Nothing you've done looks inherently scummy to me and nothing you've done jumps out to me as decidedly townie. You're just doing the Ran thing. You run headlong into the game and interact with everything without a plan in mind for what to do when the person you're talking to responds other than to ask them more stuff and ask more people stuff.

That's fine. As I said earlier, as long as you stay on that track, you'll sort yourself out, so town lean and not the play.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I have the opposite opinion, I think Ryker is coasting right now. In fact he says as much in #376 "Just waiting".

So please elaborate on what makes you think he is pushing the town in the right direction.

Also if you have time, what's your opinion on Doops right now?
rykers had the most cohesive view of the game of any player in this game

most players are coming into the thread, ****ting on another player or asking questions, then leaving. thats not a bad thing. thats how most games go and how most players play

rykers posts show me hes taking a "big picture" approach. hes interjected in discourse and prodded at people for the sake of drawing more information. hes the main player who has actually demanded people place down votes and hop on wagons with the intent of analyzing it later. not letting people get away with halfassed contributions is one of his highest priorities which is more consistent with a townie trying to hold the town to a certain standard of play vs a scum who doesnt have to put in the legwork that he has to get townread and/or have control. i can tell that hes thinking about the game on a deeper level than most and is quietly thinking to himself on what hes going to do with the wagons and how hes going to prod certain people as we get closer to the deadline for the sake of maximizing results. he has a wide scope and i can tell this by the useful questions hes asked to multiple people. he has a loose plan that hes working on and i expect it will come to fruition as the dayphase becomes meatier. this is a difficult to fake for an extended period of time. this is contrasted to when he is scum where he APPEARS to b doing the same thing at a glance, but it doesnt have the depth. hes more about showmanship, being top dog, and driving an agenda while laying down the foundations for him getting away with **** should anyone challenge him

regarding doop, meh. didnt like his start. hes voting pythag right now which is whatever; pythag is here now so im looking forward to seeing how you three get along now that i have more than a post or two with which to examine pythag

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I was more surprised that he answered. LOL
Should I have not answered? What would withholding information do me?

He feels that Jex is a scumlean, and Tom is scum in general. That's fine (as I have a similar stance on the two). The problem is that he likes Frozenflame's questioning and vote on Jex, but ranmaru himself is not voting with frozenflame in regards of Jex. It's not like there isn't going to be a wagon on Tom anytime soon (since none seem interested in him). I just find the reasoning inconsistant with his words and stances. if he wanted to question Tom and press them more for questions, he would've done it much better then this shoddy hot air he's doing on Tom.
Hmm. He likes FF's reasoning, yes, but still has an agenda on Tom? Okay, so he has an alternative idea, yes. So he wants to put pressure on Tom which could or could not be a wild goose chase, but still thinks that Jex is scum? So they believe in more than one scum, yes? I fail to see a problem.

Honestly, I rather lynched a possible scummy player than to lynch/wagon an inactive. If we feel they're being too inactive, they can be replaced out. Simple as that. I assume the mod is keeping close eye on the inactives.
Well, you see that inactivity can be a scum strategy as well. Hmmm. Don't have anything to say on this matter because that is not my current course of action. Rockin scum with a lurker? Mmm yes, potentially Doop, but I have nothing to go off of there, hm. Yes, Rockin did try to defend Doop here, but that's the last thing you want to do for somebody you aren't buddy-buddy with. Are you scummy-buddies Rockin Rockin ?

It's a ***** to find these nowadays, especially since Maven isn't in the archive. (Someone should update that) Basically, Maven has a tendency to lurk as mafia, I'm not sure it's commonly known but he does it more so than his town games. (I have misread his town games when he lurked too) After seeing his vote on Marshy, and a reasoning that I couldn't really see, and no follow up, I realized he actually may be scum here, and I thought wagoning him would be of utmost importance. Now in his town game, rarely I see him do this but in this particular one, he was obvious town, and actually finding mafia earlier than anyone else. (A wall post, but a good wall post calling people out) So this is why I'm running him up with only little posts to read him by. If it weren't for his meta, I would not be running him up nor would I pay too much mind to his post, I would still think of him as more of a question mark as I said in my original reads.

Mafia Maven: Gun Mini Game
Mafia Maven: Death Note Mafia
Town Maven: Crossover Mafia
I don't want to read those. Sure Maven hasn't had the best history of activity, but he also hasn't been an active town either, yes. This is a petty toss, especially towards somebody who we have practically nothing to go off of besides Maven's attendance sheet that nobody turned into the office.

@Gorf I'm claiming vig, do you have an issue with me shooting Tom right now?
Ooh, you just breadloafed cop and vig at the same time! That's pretty interesting, yes. Joat perhaps? Or mafia planning to kill Tom tonight? Maybe even a solo mafia kill? Hmm, that would be interesting to see if it came to fruition. But you wouldn't do that, JTBluff. Unless it does happen, then I look silly. Mmm, I actually would have a problem with a Tom vigshot, as I have him as null-town at the momento. Just know that if you're wrong then you die, yes.

Speaaaaaaaking of which, if you're vote is not currently making at least 3 on a wagon, can I get some hardcore campaigning or a vote switch?
We have some time. What are the most compelling wagons again? It looks like it switched up since the last time I was here. Would love a JeXs lynch, but it's understandable if others have better plans.

Ran is scummier than Tom, but there's ofc possibility for T v T.
Mmmm. I believe I said near to this exact same thing earlier, yes. No comment. Still going to look into the Ran v Tom a bit more because I've been stalling, yes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maven89 Maven89 When you are around (as you said you'd be around 6PM and now it's 9:23PM), I'd like you to elaborate on why you felt Marshy's entry post was forced, and how you feel about him now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
JeXs JeXs How are you feeling about Rockin now? Care to join me on a Maven wagon?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I have a null read on Ran right now. Also waiting for development on that front. Nothing Ran has said or done yet has caught my eye as particularly scummy, rather curious in stead, hmm.
Nobody. It was something that I had been debating in my head at the time and wanted to post what I was thinking.

I wasn't ignoring the question, I just didn't know whether the person asking was relevant. Is it?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Rockin (4): KevinM, JeXs, Tom, Mac
Marshy (1): Maven89,
Pythag (2): Kary, Dooplissity,
Ranmaru (2): Gorf, JTB,
JeXs (1): UtopianPoyzin
Maven (5): Ranmaru, Marshy, Ryker; FrozenFlame, Pythag
No Lynch (0):

Not Voting (2): Nabe, Rockin,

Deadline June 17th 7:00pm CST. Takes 9/17 to lynch.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
It's unlikely JeXs will come to fruition, and I would rather be useful.

Unvote

Why Maven and Rockin? (Rockin, aren't you going to defend yourself from a D1 lynch?) (Maven, aren't you going to say literally a single word after the first day?)

JeXs

Smash Champion
JeXs JeXs do you have any thoughts on the people currently voting Maven?
I'm fine with them. I like Marshy, Ryker and FF.

I'm also starting to see glimpses of town Ran.
My confidence on Maven is due to his meta more than anything, alongside his vote on Marshy and lack of follow up.
I also find it hard to believe scum Ran would put himself out there and believe that he could get away with something like this. This feels more to me of a scatterbrained town Ranmaru.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Various reasons. I felt Maven's intro was really poor and the fact that he showed up without much intention to develop something and then didn't come back made him my pick for what to lynch if I'm lynching a non-contributor.

I don't hate the Rockin wagon either because Rockin is a wuss who has failed to vote and it would be really nice to lynch him and end this n0 nonsense.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have already talked about Maven. Mostly meta, it might be hard for you to see without having played with him and seeing what he does as each alignment.

Top Bottom